Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

hello

there are bigs problemes....

i update the mod, and test my 2 saved game (one with backup and the second not) the backup one make console crash in loop, the not backup works, but the modification in my base are done...

and i try au third game, and ALL the contenair are empty....

delete the 3 sg, the mod and reinstall......:upset:

Sounds like it's probably not installed correctly.

But I DID warn that it was a save-wiping update unless you take precautions.

i reinstall the mod, and start a new game... All the container are empty

i'm reinstalling the mod (with the MM)

Edit 1: the mod work well, but the spawning zone is lootless (150-200m)

not a good idea the poisoning upgrade...:upset:

Edited by Jeffny (see edit history)

Hi, i am new to the forum but an old 7d2d fan ! First of all i want to say thank you to the mod creators of the darkness falls mod, it's a great addition to the wonderful game and gave me a new kick to play 7d2d after a 1 year break (i first tried the mod yesterday) :) Well now the problem/questions i have:

1. I started playing just hours before the version 2.3 got released, and i have been using the "wood log spikes" with advanced rotation to mount them on walls. Now after the update there's no advanced rotation available any more for the "log spikes", only normal rotation. Is this intended top be like that ? If so, for me it's a critical thing as i really liked it the way it was. Is there a way to change that back to how it was before the update by editing the xml (i know there is a way, but how:) ?

2. I have a dedicated server running where me and my friends are playing this mod. I have edited the server config to have a claim block area of 72 blocks. I have placed the claim block, and built the walls exactly 2 blocks smaller than the claimed area - still there are zombies spawning inside the area at night. I know that they are spawning inside because that sometimes happens within seconds after i turn around. Is this normal or buggy behavior ?

3. I have edited the server config xml to allow many claim blocks, does this interfere in any kind with the mod settings or will this work ?

4. I have placed a few rain catchers near a wall, and the apocalypse began :) The water is all around the catchers, and becoming more and more - is that how it's meant to be ?

IMG_20190812_193440.jpg.d9fbeb47650a5c36f747e4e4c3b13626.jpg

Cheers !

Dan

Edited by SupMap (see edit history)

Hello again! thx for new update, great as usual few minor thingy you cant do yellow dye from goldenrod on the chemstation only in campfire, oven not tasted yet. also funny thing was, i could actual return quest for tame chicken and get reward:pound::pound: also my saved char lost all his skills after updated that was actual quite funny too :) it was at lvl 105 all stuff stay lvl:s are gone.

anyway keep up good work!

- Added Myth's Bloodmoon Engine Killer. mean ?

^ What do you think it means... ;)

- Legendary zombies given the feral tag so they should be more dangerous. => What are legendary zombies ? Mutated ?

Ferals with slightly more HP, hit slightly harder but don't regen like radiated zombies.

- Pickaxes rebalanced so they don't give as many resources (better material still means more resources though) => Does this means Auger will beat pickaxe again ?

No.

Auger = fast but creates noise.

Pickaxe = Slower but not likely to summon a screamer.

Well.. i don't know. That's why i ask. What's a Myth's Bloodmoon Engine Killer ? (i'm not english so maybe that's why you were confused)

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

i reinstall the mod, and start a new game... All the container are empty

i'm reinstalling the mod (with the MM)

Edit 1: the mod work well, but the spawning zone is lootless (150-200m)

not a good idea the poisoning upgrade...

You're immune to the huner/thirst tick while you have the elemental protection buff.

Rations do not have food poisoning and all classes get them as part of their quest reward.

You can also eat charred meat, boiled meat, boiled eggs, bacon and eggs or cook apples and yucca for easy-ish food.

Hi, i am new to the forum but an old 7d2d fan ! First of all i want to say thank you to the mod creators of the darkness falls mod, it's a great addition to the wonderful game and gave me a new kick to play 7d2d after a 1 year break (i first tried the mod yesterday) Well now the problem/questions i have:

1. I started playing just hours before the version 2.3 got released, and i have been using the "wood log spikes" with advanced rotation to mount them on walls. Now after the update there's no advanced rotation available any more for the "log spikes", only normal rotation. Is this intended top be like that ? If so, for me it's a critical thing as i really liked it the way it was. Is there a way to change that back to how it was before the update by editing the xml (i know there is a way, but how:) ?

2. I have a dedicated server running where me and my friends are playing this mod. I have edited the server config to have a claim block area of 72 blocks. I have placed the claim block, and built the walls exactly 2 blocks smaller than the claimed area - still there are zombies spawning inside the area at night. I know that they are spawning inside because that sometimes happens within seconds after i turn around. Is this normal or buggy behavior ?

3. I have edited the server config xml to allow many claim blocks, does this interfere in any kind with the mod settings or will this work ?

4. I have placed a few rain catchers near a wall, and the apocalypse began The water is all around the catchers, and becoming more and more - is that how it's meant to be ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28919[/ATTACH]

Cheers !

Dan

1) Find the log spikes in the blocks.xml and change onlysimplerotations=true to false. However I did that so you can't just headshot zombies that are walking on them. Made things too easy. (also people were breaking the AI by putting them on walls sticking out)

2) That happens in vanilla too. I'd keep the claim area small. Also the XML notes say it has to be an odd number... no idea why. I think that's why it's 41 as default, so you'd probably want to try 71 or 73.

3) It SHOULD be ok. I mean, I edited SP to allow up to 5 claim blocks (with default 41 size) and that worked fine. :)

4) Yes. I recommend sticking them in a hole and digging channels for the water to flow down.

Hello again! thx for new update, great as usual few minor thingy you cant do yellow dye from goldenrod on the chemstation only in campfire, oven not tasted yet. also funny thing was, i could actual return quest for tame chicken and get reward. also my saved char lost all his skills after updated that was actual quite funny too :) it was at lvl 105 all stuff stay lvl:s are gone.

anyway keep up good work!

Whoops. I guess I forgot to add it to the chem station. Will check that later.

Well.. i don't know. That's why i ask. What's a Myth's Bloodmoon Engine Killer ? (i'm not english so maybe that's why you were confused)

Any vehicle with an engine stops working before the horde arrives. I think Myth timed it for when the Day number goes red. You'll also get a tooltip warning.

hmm apparently i can't start professional quests again from books still i dont have any professional is there any way reboot those quests?:upset:

Check your quest journal. You likely have some completed sitting there. If that's the case, let me know which ones and I can give you the correct command to either remove them OR give you the next one in the list.

Lack of loot just sounds like you had a bad spawn tbh, mostly because no-one has reported that issue in the past 2 weeks (approx) of testing.

Same with the lag. It always lags a little when you first load in and then settles out.... unless you have 8GB RAM.

I have no problem with the précédent version, i have 16Gb ram....

Thanks for you job 🍺🍺🍺

I think lag about the map création ...

The mod is "heavy" and the game engine "Weak"

I restart a new game today, and same issue with the " lootless " 200-300m in spawn zone....

Crate, trash, Bird nest, cars, fuel pomp.....

Edited by Jeffny (see edit history)

after update i lost every professional(everyone was allrdy open i was lvl 105 before update) + skillpoints its totaly zero everthing on save, exept every stuff i been made basicly i started from lvl 0. so i i think whatta heck ill carry on and get all lvl back so i started make new books. After first 2 and full evening of killing Z:s il try use them and it just say you cant use this at moment, figured out that quest is locked and have to restart basicly all pro quests. i know its might make something like that after update but there was almost 60H of gaming and i would love to continue that. I might bang my head on table(i dont smash keyboards like someones, good keyboards are expensive and student have no extra money:smile-new:) if lost all of that. If you can help me on that i would be very grateful.

I have no problem with the précédent version, i have 16Gb ram....

Thanks for you job

I think lag about the map création ...

The mod is "heavy" and the game engine "Weak"

I restart a new game today, and same issue with the " lootless " 200-300m in spawn zone....

Crate, trash, Bird nest, cars, fuel pomp.....

Then I recommend you reinstall. That issue hasn't been reported by anyone even with me constantly updating and breaking things.

after update i lost every professional(everyone was allrdy open i was lvl 105 before update) + skillpoints its totaly zero everthing on save, exept every stuff i been made basicly i started from lvl 0. so i i think whatta heck ill carry on and get all lvl back so i started make new books. After first 2 and full evening of killing Z:s il try use them and it just say you cant use this at moment, figured out that quest is locked and have to restart basicly all pro quests. i know its might make something like that after update but there was almost 60H of gaming and i would love to continue that. I might bang my head on table(i dont smash keyboards like someones, good keyboards are expensive and student have no extra money:smile-new:) if lost all of that. If you can help me on that i would be very grateful.

That's why I said I need to know what quests you completed.

You VERY likely have completed class quests sitting there, which is why you can't read the books. So I need to know which classes to give you the command in order to remove them from the journal.

Though at this point, you'd honestly be better off restarting.

That's why I posted a "how to" guide to prevent character resets BEFORE updating.

Then I recommend you reinstall. That issue hasn't been reported by anyone even with me constantly updating and breaking things.

That's why I said I need to know what quests you completed.

You VERY likely have completed class quests sitting there, which is why you can't read the books. So I need to know which classes to give you the command in order to remove them from the journal.

Though at this point, you'd honestly be better off restarting.

That's why I posted a "how to" guide to prevent character resets BEFORE updating.

ok i restart

its easier that way thx anyway about your time.

ah crap. I followed the steps to remove the quests before updating, but now when I loginto my server, I get Nullref spam and cant do a thing :(

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at ItemValue.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _entity, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, System.Single& _originalValue, System.Single& _perc_value, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EffectManager.GetValue (PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, Single _originalValue, .EntityAlive _entity, .Recipe _recipe, FastTags tags, Boolean calcEquipment, Boolean calcHoldingItem, Boolean calcProgression, Boolean calcBuffs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemValue.get_MaxUseTimes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemValue.get_PercentUsesLeft () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ItemStack.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_Toolbelt.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ToolbeltWindow.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Any Idea how to fix this? and is the 2.11 client files still available somewhere? I seem to have deleted mine -.-

What do i need to unlock the metal workstation? I am level 52 an have no clue :jaded: Is it behind a class quest?

It's the second level of the WORKSTATIONS perk, iirc. I believe the prerequisites are TOOL MAKING at level 2, and CONSTRUCTION TOOLS at 30. If you haven't been doing a lot of block improvement you are probably shy on the constructions tools......

Well let players decide how they want to play their game. Log spikes were fine and there was a reason to put them upside down.

And TFP REMOVED the log spikes because of the fact they're a bit broken.

I limited it to simple rotations so they're less broken AND so they don't break the AI (legit not kidding. Spikes stuck to walls = AI having no idea what to do).

ah crap. I followed the steps to remove the quests before updating, but now when I loginto my server, I get Nullref spam and cant do a thing :(

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at ItemValue.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _entity, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, System.Single& _originalValue, System.Single& _perc_value, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EffectManager.GetValue (PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, Single _originalValue, .EntityAlive _entity, .Recipe _recipe, FastTags tags, Boolean calcEquipment, Boolean calcHoldingItem, Boolean calcProgression, Boolean calcBuffs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemValue.get_MaxUseTimes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemValue.get_PercentUsesLeft () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ItemStack.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_Toolbelt.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ToolbeltWindow.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Any Idea how to fix this? and is the 2.11 client files still available somewhere? I seem to have deleted mine -.-

That looks like the bandage bug. 2.11 and 2.2 are on nexus, but tbh you'd be better off wiping if it's THAT broken.

What do i need to unlock the metal workstation? I am level 52 an have no clue :jaded: Is it behind a class quest?

It's the second level of the WORKSTATIONS perk, iirc. I believe the prerequisites are TOOL MAKING at level 2, and CONSTRUCTION TOOLS at 30. If you haven't been doing a lot of block improvement you are probably shy on the constructions tools......

^ This. Workstations perk.

I'm trying the first bunker....

Outch....one hit, infection 3 and bleeding....death....wtf!!!

And an infinite zombi spawning

Yep. That's about right. You have to destroy the body bags in the small bunker, the portal in the large bunker. They are NOT intended to be easy.

Thx. The construction tool level was the missing part ;)