Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I was crouching with my bow (habit, to give sneak attack bonus damage) to a wandering cow. Hit it square in the face with an arrow but not enough to kill it. It trampled over me and basically swallowed my character before I could let another arrow fly. I was trapped, couldn't get out. Killed me. First time for everything I suppose.

I have noticed when sneaking that there's some instances where this mod half-glitches my character. Halts my movement just a bit when I approach and brush against say some stairs that have the bottom treads removed (as in going into the attic of a poi). 

But a man-eating cow? That's a new one. Lol.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Melange said:

I was crouching with my bow (habit, to give sneak attack bonus damage) to a wandering cow. Hit it square in the face with an arrow but not enough to kill it. It trampled over me and basically swallowed my character before I could let another arrow fly. I was trapped, couldn't get out. Killed me. First time for everything I suppose.

I have noticed when sneaking that there's some instances where this mod half-glitches my character. Halts my movement just a bit when I approach and brush against say some stairs that have the bottom treads removed (as in going into the attic of a poi). 

Def one for the books. Might have something to do with the player being able to crouch walk through a one block? Only thing I can think of. I tangled with a cow myself the other night and found myself right inside it looking out it's rump. Thought I was dead but managed to hop off the boulder I was on and kill it. 

26 minutes ago, Melange said:

You did shoot it. My brother aggroed one on our first day in the game. NOT reading hit had 250hp I being the veteran DF player aggroed it while he ran for Rekt's.

Not sure if this has been reported before but I repaired a repairable motorcycle and it failed to spawn with the following error:

2023-01-21T09:26:48 6088.704 ERR Block with name 'DFSSpawnMotorcycleTrigger' uses a texture id 272 that is not in the atlas!

This was running on 7daystodie Alpha 20.6 (b9) with Darkness Falls V4.1.1

Hope that helps!

Great mod btw!  I forgot to mention that I'm really enjoying playing your version of the game!

Thank you!

On 1/21/2023 at 2:46 AM, Melange said:

1.rule at sneak attack a stronger enemy.
Move your arse !
Once you released the arrow, crouch away from your last position, get distance.
The target will move to your last position or around that and wait for a few seconds.

Once the target is moving again, you can shoot again to get another sneak attack, sure you can shoot before but won't get the sneak bonus.

At this way you can even kill bears.

I posted this on the discord yesterday, and forgot to cross-post here. My bad.

V4.1.2-DEV-B3 is up! No new save needed if updating from DEV-B2. You do if updating from 4.1.1 stable. Have not tested going from DEV-B1. Back up your save before updating.

V4.1.2-DEV-B3

- Fixed Master Mechanic not unlocking the SMG recipe.
- Added a 25% magazine increase to the bandolier for any gun, but not bows/crossbows.
- Added a failsafe for Scrap Tool Crafting/Scrap Weapon Crafting not being added when it should be.
- Added Broadcast Upgrade item. Unlocked by Yeah Science 5.
- Writeable storage can now be upgraded into "broadcast" versions with the above item that allows them to broadcast their inventory to workstations (but not the basic forge and campfire) for remote crafting. ONLY these storage containers for the moment for testing purposes. Function must be turned on by the new "switch" icon in the looting window at the top left.
- Removed stone and scrap arrows/bolts from compound bow and titanium crossbow as they shouldn't be using ammo that low tier anyway and it improves compatibility with sorcery spell arrows/bolts.
- Increased amount of ammo radial entries in windows.xml.
- Made nail bombs a little easier to craft.
- Doubled the cost of meds purchased from the White River Scout. Normal trader prices unaffected.
- Renamed Zombie Skateboarder and Zombie Gangsters into Zombie Thugs, since they share the same loot list and it gives some variety to that specific "type" rather than Gangster/Skateboarder.
- Traders now show POI names on their quest lists before you accept them.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PAZmm2jD9k6L-8DT1QS5fj-0FpvvNWDe/view?usp=share_link

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

As you have done a series on Joke mod too, if possible, request you to play Apocalypse Now too. I would love to watch the series.

I'm not taking requests for additional 7DTD series right now since we could get A21 at basically any point, therefore I want the two I've got to get to a point where I can easily go "Right, we're done, moving on to A21"

Hello, I need help, we have the game bugged with the lab and we want to update the latest files to remove the error, we are on a dedicated gtx gaming server.
should we simply overwrite the new modified files in the 0-DarknessFallsCore folder in the server files or the entire 0-DarknessFallsCore folder?
Is it necessary to do a region reset? In that case, how is it done? Is there a tutorial?
We have searched and we do not know how to do it and it is the 3rd time that we started with Darkness falls, we even tried to find someone to pay them and do it, but we did not find anyone.
Isn't there any other way to get the laser workbench? We go to all vendors and they don't sell it.
Thank you very much, if someone can help us, we will make a payment by paypal for the help, I do not understand how there is so little information for people who do not know how to touch files in the hosting, not even a game update procedure without always having to start from 0 .
Thanks and best regards

23 minutes ago, vandall666 said:

Hi

I could not find it so letting you know here, Living off the land perk lvl5 is saying there is an additional item gathered from wild plants, but it still gives 1.

You have to punch them

Just now, diazlee said:

Hello, I need help, we have the game bugged with the lab and we want to update the latest files to remove the error, we are on a dedicated gtx gaming server.
should we simply overwrite the new modified files in the 0-DarknessFallsCore folder in the server files or the entire 0-DarknessFallsCore folder?
Is it necessary to do a region reset? In that case, how is it done? Is there a tutorial?
We have searched and we do not know how to do it and it is the 3rd time that we started with Darkness falls, we even tried to find someone to pay them and do it, but we did not find anyone.
Isn't there any other way to get the laser workbench? We go to all vendors and they don't sell it.
Thank you very much, if someone can help us, we will make a payment by paypal for the help, I do not understand how there is so little information for people who do not know how to touch files in the hosting, not even a game update procedure without always having to start from 0 .
Thanks and best regards

Dev version explicitly states you MUST restart in order to fix the lab issue

4 hours ago, diazlee said:

Do you mean reset the whole game and start from 0 again?

When you are the server admin, you should take a look at page 416 of this thread to find a video to add/modify POIs.

That explains pretty good how to fix your lab problem, you just need to put it a few blocks higher.

Love the mod, pretty much the only way I play now.  But I have a question/wish list.  When you don't have the ability to craft something and you hover your mouse over the red checkmark and it says "Requirements Not Met", it'd be nice if it would tell you what requirements you need.  For example, I just made and used the master scientist book hoping I could make anti-radiation pills because a lot of my quests are in the wasteland.  But when I try to make them, all I'm told is requirements not met¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Most perks already tell you if you click them and read the description. ALL masteries are level 40 + finish class.

I believe they're talking about when you get something before you're able to use it like buying a skill off the scout or getting all the vehicle for dumb@%$#s then speccing into mechanic. The text removes the "must be XX level" because you have it.

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)

Started using this mod with a buddy for the first time recently and it's fantastic, having that "Oh that's new" feeling for a game we normally know inside and out is great to have again.

Couple little oddities I noticed, Trader Rekt's compound is missing turrets on one side and a spotlight on another. Robotics Technician for the Mechanic also seems a bit off balance-wise; three active, craftable level 51+ robot turrets by level 10 if you focus the points into it. A bit much considering just one turret can make early horde nights manageable with a good position.