Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 12/6/2022 at 4:10 AM, chiefoforc said:

In 4.1.1 VSmall1-NoPep(maybe also others) , the most nearest merchant from born position still has a chance is Anna,not regular white river merchants.

Will have to look at that.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:20 AM, suga13 said:

So I just found the legendary bow 1st ever seeing it which the name is (something) fail-not . Sorry I'm currently not playing. But it says in the description it never misses it mark. Its pretty strong (yes I'm doing bow and explosives only this run) but can't seem to figure out what exactly it does. Does anyone have insight on it? 

No it it's not homing but it's hella accurate for sure.  I know like the other legendary weapons (hammer gloves black sky shots it stop regen but they all have other perks to them) wondering what this one does. 

It's not homing for sure. Just SUPER tight spread on the crosshair so you're really likely to hit what you aim at.

2 hours ago, Teacup said:

Hazmat Suit crafting is listed as unlockable once you become Master Scientist but I'm playing with friends on a Server and my friend can craft them. She is playing as Mechanic & Survivalist classes. I don't understand why she's able to craft Hazmat Gear itself. (Radiation Ready mod is under Science Crafting and is fine though).

Unlocked for all is correct. I need to fix the master scientist localization.

1 hour ago, Grolbu said:

What's the storage container with the most slots that I can make in DF ? I'm using writable storage which has a good number of slots but I'm sure I once saw a video with someone using something (cupboards?) with way more slots.

Cheers.

In version 4.1.1, there are many 120 slot lockable storage options:

v4.1.1 update video including additional lockable storage options

On 12/16/2022 at 8:17 AM, SnowBee said:

In version 4.1.1, there are many 120 slot lockable storage options:

I should have just gone straight to your channel, I even remember watching that video when you posted it 🤣

Then I'd have known I should be looking for 'lockable' in the crafting menu not 'storage'. What a noob mistake 😂😂🤣

Thank you :)

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Grolbu said:

I should have just gone straight to your channel, I even remember watching that video when you posted it 🤣

Then I'd have known I should be looking for 'lockable' in the crafting menu not 'storage'. What a noob mistake 😂😂🤣

Thank you :)

Haha, you are forgiven ;)

Yeah, when I played DF my second time I could not remember "lockable" either, and recall making some cupboards and various other items, like the writable ones. All had less than I remembered. I was quite worried at the time that Khaine had removed them. That lockable word is key. At the time I wished "storage" was the key word! :D

Edited by SnowBee (see edit history)

Possible spoiler re:Demon Lords follows, be advised.

Are Demon Lords supposed to be emitting some kind of aura in a massive radius?

I'm getting 4 status effects at the same time for no apparent reason, and it seems to be when I come within some large radius of a Demon Lord, even if they are through many solid blocks and at a different elevation.  The effects show as 'buffDamagePlayerName', 'buffArmorPlayerName', 'buffHealingPlayerName', and 'buffSpeedPlayerName'. They are actually massive debuffs to all of those... -50 armor, -50 speed, -2 health/sec.

I urge you to reconsider this effect, if it is intended, to at least limit it to line of sight. As is, it makes being in the same building as a Demon Lord impossible. There is no counter to the effect, and no chance to engage the source. It's basically a huge area denial that makes running missions impossible.

9 hours ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

I'm getting 4 status effects at the same time for no apparent reason, and it seems to be when I come within some large radius of a Demon Lord, even if they are through many solid blocks and at a different elevation.  The effects show as 'buffDamagePlayerName', 'buffArmorPlayerName', 'buffHealingPlayerName', and 'buffSpeedPlayerName'. They are actually massive debuffs to all of those... -50 armor, -50 speed, -2 health/sec.

I urge you to reconsider this effect, if it is intended, to at least limit it to line of sight. As is, it makes being in the same building as a Demon Lord impossible. There is no counter to the effect, and no chance to engage the source. It's basically a huge area denial that makes running missions impossible.

Yes they are.

It's an end game boss that  only spawns at GS800+

No it's not being reconsidered. Adapt, die or just run.

10 hours ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

Its just as khaine wrote, it's an endgame superboss. At that stage, if you're not OP yourself (laser equipment is OP) then your skill level doesn't reflect the difficulty you're playing on. In other words
Dark Souls on Twitter: "@Davidson0321 Yeah, we have a simple solution this  issue -> https://t.co/MjKKK5MMla" / Twitter

11 hours ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

In my initial testing with this minion, the AOE was not that big. If I recall it was 10 blocks which is quite large, just "Massive" seems a bit of an exaggeration? :)

1 hour ago, SnowBee said:

In my initial testing with this minion, the AOE was not that big. If I recall it was 10 blocks which is quite large, just "Massive" seems a bit of an exaggeration? :)

10 blocks to effect the player.

30 blocks to effect nearby zombies (Yes, it buffs zombies)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yes they are.

It's an end game boss that  only spawns at GS800+

No it's not being reconsidered. Adapt, die or just run.

Well, I am admittedly very late in the game at GS874, just killing time looking for POIs I've not seen before. But as the Demon Lord appears in Tier 3 missions, it seems somewhat overstated to call it 'an endgame superboss' when you can find them in an abandoned gas station or 7-11. One doesn't normally think of Demogorgon as hanging around the Applebee's. Unless you've worked there, then you know better.

I didn't experiment to find the radius of 10 blocks, I suppose the strategy now is to routinely use HE rockets to remove the POI structure until the Demon Lord is exposed so that one does not bleed to death looking for it. Or just accept that it's time to retire the world, I've outlived the logic of what justifies the placement of an endgame superboss.

Still fun, but has become a bit tedious to encounter them routinely. This is the gamer's analog of First World Problems, Level Three Hundred Problems. I recall my request to change the mechanic, I accept that I am playing the game in an edge case scenario.

I actually thought the demon lord would be a final boss for the final POI, whenever that is ready. I didn't think he would just be a random POI sleeper.

Possibly it is due to the final part of the story being incomplete. Khaine would have to verify that?

53 minutes ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

Well, I am admittedly very late in the game at GS874, just killing time looking for POIs I've not seen before. But as the Demon Lord appears in Tier 3 missions, it seems somewhat overstated to call it 'an endgame superboss' when you can find them in an abandoned gas station or 7-11. One doesn't normally think of Demogorgon as hanging around the Applebee's. Unless you've worked there, then you know better.

I didn't experiment to find the radius of 10 blocks, I suppose the strategy now is to routinely use HE rockets to remove the POI structure until the Demon Lord is exposed so that one does not bleed to death looking for it. Or just accept that it's time to retire the world, I've outlived the logic of what justifies the placement of an endgame superboss.

Still fun, but has become a bit tedious to encounter them routinely. This is the gamer's analog of First World Problems, Level Three Hundred Problems. I recall my request to change the mechanic, I accept that I am playing the game in an edge case scenario.

It should not be in POI's. I did state that when one of the testers redid the groups for the empowered zombies.

So thank you. That's something that needs to be fixed. He's supposed to be wandering horde/bloodmoon/DF bunker ONLY

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It should not be in POI's. I did state that when one of the testers redid the groups for the empowered zombies.

So thank you. That's something that needs to be fixed. He's supposed to be wandering horde/bloodmoon/DF bunker ONLY

So does that mean I don't have to Git Gud, as was so helpfully suggested? :)

lol

Regards and Thanks,

BDF

1 hour ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

So does that mean I don't have to Git Gud, as was so helpfully suggested? :)

lol

Regards and Thanks,

BDF

Well, the final POI is a POI... so you will need to learn how to handle him in a POI anyhow. So, I am guessing, get gud :)

New dev build before christmas and new year and all that stuff hits. I'm not planning to do another dev build before christmas, or probably even new year, so enjoy it. :)

Yes, this is basically a "restart required" version of the mod due to all the map fixes and stuff. Just FYI.

V4.1.2-DEV-B1

- Added Pulse Mine. (currently does not use a new model, have icon or localization)
- Added Overcharged Energy Cell.
- Added Overcharged Power Source melee mod.
- Added Molecular Reconstructor Repair Kit's (2 different types that repair different things, see item descriptions)
- Fixed Zombie Janitor Radiated using the wrong mesh.
- Fixed Flaming/Exploding arrows and bolts giving the wrong arrowheads when opened.
- Fixed junk turret ammo bundles not using ammo to be made like everything else.
- Fixed underground cannabis and rice not being placeable/not growing properly.
- Fixed the JaWoodle Purple bundle not having an icon.
- Fixed PEP_Hotel_Construction_Site_01_Zyncosa being 2 blocks too low on all maps (POI was already fixed).
- Fixed Anna and Bunker on all maps.
- Fixed Fail-not not being able to take pulse arrows.
- Removed the restriction on honey that meant it only worked on level 1 infection. It should now work on any infection (assuming the 70% roll passes).
- Adjusted stats of Fail-not so it should be at least equal to a Titanium Crossbow.
- Frame shapes for cobblestone+ now have new textures so it's easier to see what isn't upgraded from distance.
- Lowered the degradation per use of both augers so they'll last longer.
- Lowered the harvest penalty of using the auger, and REMOVED the harvest penalty on the titanium auger (however it does not get a bonus like other tools, so a titanium pick will still give more).
- Tweaked bee hive and chicken coop loot lists.
- Tweaked when turrets unlock in advanced engineering, so the auto turret unlocks at level 4 now (not 5) with the shotgun turret, and the mk2 versions unlock at level 5.
- Repulsor Mod no longer ragdolls zombies 100% of the time with the plasma baton.
- Padded armor now works like it did in 4.04 (no mobility/stamina penalty) but has HALF the mod slots of all other armor.
- All other armor has been rebalanced on physical resistance and mobility penalties. So leather and military should now be the same on penalties, while scrap/iron/steel should be the same on penalties.
- Titanium is now steel armor with military armor penalties.
- Power armor now has slightly lower protection (12 instead of 13) but NO mobility or stamina penalties.
- More localization fixes.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XLwpp9ifZ0YG403FL154voN8MrVaPk9h/view?usp=share_link

23 hours ago, tommymsw said:

Does anybody know what the decapitatizer mod does? I can not find it mentioned on Google. 

It seems you don't do any damage, but significantly increase dismemberment chance.

Is that something you can get from the mod though?  Or it is just a CM item only that Khaine had implemented on one point but never placed in the game itself (loot, traders, craft)?

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

On 12/25/2022 at 3:22 PM, SnowBee said:

In Darkness Falls?

Yea, I found it playing DF. Dropped in a zombie bag. Never seen it before but it makes the weapon do zero damage. Even if it increases a chance of dismemberment, this seems like a gag mod. I was just trying to confirm that it's a joke rather than something I am missing.