Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I need assistance setting up a personal server to run Darkness falls.

* I have already verified that I am able to connect to the server on vanilla game files.

I followed the instructions from the first page of this topic; I clicked the link for server downloads/manual install. I clicked the 3 dots and downloaded the zip, then extracted the zip to my desktop (this way if something messes up I have clean files), I copied all the downloaded files into the 7 days to die dedicated server game file, I deleted the original server configuration xml and renamed the darkness falls server config to what the original file was named.

I then run the batch file to start the server. 

All of the settings that I changed in the darkness falls config are shown in the boot up text for the server. The server finishes its boot and states it has started.

I use a laptop (that uses modlauncher to keep darkness falls up to date) to play and connect to the server.

*The text on the server shows a user is connecting. 

*On the laptop a bunch of red errors start popping up when "receiving configuration files" that state files are missing. 

Where did I go wrong?

1 minute ago, Falaffel said:

Read and maybe edit the serverconfig according to your config (pathes, etc). And you need DF (ofc same version) also on the client side.

I stated that I did those things in my post ^_^

*I took the server config file that came with the darkness falls download and replaced the original server cofix xml. I made my edits to server name, map, etc. And the server text displayed the changes which I verified were all correct.

* I used a laptop that uses modlauncher to keep darkness falls up to date. (And plays darkness falls in single/multiplayer just fine). It shows on the server text that a user is connecting when I connect using the laptop. When receiving the config files from the server is when I get a bunch of errors stating that files are missing.

I can not tell if the files from the link on page 1 are the same as the files used in the mod launcher or not but I would assume they all pull from the same source.

Khaine advises against Modlauncher. Does the client run in single player, which DF-version shows up? I would delete the game client, and try a clean and manual install. And I recommend copying the complete 7d2d-folder and starting the game from this copy (so steam cannot mess up your install).

20 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB, Are you posting gameplay videos with the recent changes on your Youtube Channel ?

Not at the moment, no. People wanted something different.

13 hours ago, Chaos337 said:

I need assistance setting up a personal server to run Darkness falls.

* I have already verified that I am able to connect to the server on vanilla game files.

I followed the instructions from the first page of this topic; I clicked the link for server downloads/manual install. I clicked the 3 dots and downloaded the zip, then extracted the zip to my desktop (this way if something messes up I have clean files), I copied all the downloaded files into the 7 days to die dedicated server game file, I deleted the original server configuration xml and renamed the darkness falls server config to what the original file was named.

I then run the batch file to start the server. 

All of the settings that I changed in the darkness falls config are shown in the boot up text for the server. The server finishes its boot and states it has started.

I use a laptop (that uses modlauncher to keep darkness falls up to date) to play and connect to the server.

*The text on the server shows a user is connecting. 

*On the laptop a bunch of red errors start popping up when "receiving configuration files" that state files are missing. 

Where did I go wrong?

1) Don't use the mod launcher.
2) Make sure the game runs 4.1.1 in single player.
3) That config file SOMETIMES breaks. It's included as example defaults. You should edit the one that comes with the game.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

On 12/23/2022 at 2:19 AM, KhaineGB said:

New dev build before christmas and new year and all that stuff hits. I'm not planning to do another dev build before christmas, or probably even new year, so enjoy it. :)

Yes, this is basically a "restart required" version of the mod due to all the map fixes and stuff. Just FYI.

When I'm upgrading is it safe to just drop the files from the zip into my game folder and replace existing files ? It's always in the back of my mind that if there are any old DF files that aren't in the new zip because they're no longer required this won't get rid of them.

Also, the new zip has both a zipped and an unzipped PEP-POIExpansionPack in the mods folder - do I need to have the zipped one in my mods folder or is it just a (very welcome) copy of the PEP pack that I can use in non-DF games ?

Cheers

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

On 12/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, Ree said:

Is there some files i can check to figure out what exactly changed from Warrior to Survivor difficulty? 
And also how the game stage/loot bonus is calculated in this mod?

Found most of what I wanted using "find in files" in notepad++. There is no single file that directly explains everything so it's the most convinient option. 

2 hours ago, Grolbu said:

When I'm upgrading is it safe to just drop the files from the zip into my game folder and replace existing files ? It's always in the back of my mind that if there are any old DF files that aren't in the new zip because they're no longer required this won't get rid of them.

It is allways better to delete the old folders and then copy/unzip the new one into Mods.

You never know if the devs change the file structure and then you got some old files which can cause trouble.

2 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Also, the new zip has both a zipped and an unzipped PEP-POIExpansionPack in the mods folder - do I need to have the zipped one in my mods folder or is it just a (very welcome) copy of the PEP pack that I can use in non-DF games ?

The normal download allready include the PEP pack together with some prefab PEP maps.

So the zip-file should be to use for none-DF playthroughs.

V4.1.2-DEV-B2 is up! No new save needed if updating from DEV-B1. You do if updating from 4.1.1 stable.

Oh, and happy new year. :)

V4.1.2-DEV-B2

- Fixed Radiated Hazmat Zombie using the wrong mesh.
- Fixed Shotgun Slugs giving back buckshot instead of Bullet Tips.
- Fixed Junction Box being in the wrong place (thanks grumpybeard!).
- Fixed Erik's Hammer playing the power attack noise twice, which is why it was waking up zombies.
- Fixed the Overcharged Power Source making 10 when it shouldn't.
- Added recipe for Pulse Mine so people can at least mess around with it even though it's not done yet.
- Added a recipe for irrigation pipes so you just make that and then select the shape (which I thought I had done, but apparently not).
- Adjusted loot on the tree stumps again to see if using the loot template rather than a loot prob helps.
- Ran all assets through ocbMaurice's Optimizer. This means download size (4.9GB instead of 4.2GB) and size on disk (7.5GB instead of 5.8GB) will be larger, but allow the game to boot a lot faster. In my own testing, this has also reduced CPU usage by quite a bit (5% to 10%), and RAM usage by a small amount (approx 500mb on a 6k map).
- Swapped over levels 2 and 3 of Grease Monkey so players get the motorcycle slightly earlier but vehicle mods later.
- Moved Cruiser and Junker to Grease Monkey 3
- Laser multi-tool now disables demon regen if you hit a demon with it, because it's funny.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BuBNhp8TjnNKHF0TcLAWAMq8FvVw0y80/view?usp=share_link

14 hours ago, ComeWithMe said:

hello.
I have an hour and a half before the new year and am terribly upset.
accidentally deleted the scientist quest after completing the second stage. Can you tell me how to restore the quest? thank you in advance

From the discord FAQ

Q: How do I get a class quest back if I accidentally dropped it?

Use the following command: givequest questID Replace questID with: X is the quest level
quest_classtraininghunterX
quest_classtraininglaborerX
quest_classtrainingmechanicX
quest_classtrainingscientistX
quest_classtrainingsecurityX
quest_classtrainingsurvivalistX

@KhaineGB

Yesterday I saw one of your youtube DF videos. A20. I enjoyed it a lot. The gameplay was great but it looked like you wanted to die first. In the first hour only you took a fight with a pig and died. It hurted you and you was in a extremely bad shape. Still you wanted to go to him again and again. You could have saved yourself but you didn't. 😇 

I laughed a lot. Keep developing and playing @KhaineGB. We love your work.

Hi every one and happy new year.

Thks khaines for this amazing mod.

I play with my wife (V20) and she's got a bug. she can't do the 3rd quest by Eve (the little labo).

We fail the first time and every time she's re taking the quest and valid the "?" on the place, the labo doesnt reallyreset. doors are open (of the first try) and no questbag to grab.

I m very bad with commands (and not good with english :) ) and i  looking for a way to validate the quest or to give the next one (to the doc)

Any clue would be really welcome.

I know this may have been answered but I can’t find it. What game stage does the matriarch, patriarch, and empowered demonic behemoth show up? We are currently at 600 and lvl 260ish on warrior. We want to fight them before we call the current play through finished. 

11 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB

Yesterday I saw one of your youtube DF videos. A20. I enjoyed it a lot. The gameplay was great but it looked like you wanted to die first. In the first hour only you took a fight with a pig and died. It hurted you and you was in a extremely bad shape. Still you wanted to go to him again and again. You could have saved yourself but you didn't. 😇 

I laughed a lot. Keep developing and playing @KhaineGB. We love your work.

That's pretty normal. I'm an idiot.

7 hours ago, Torlinn said:

Hi every one and happy new year.

Thks khaines for this amazing mod.

I play with my wife (V20) and she's got a bug. she can't do the 3rd quest by Eve (the little labo).

We fail the first time and every time she's re taking the quest and valid the "?" on the place, the labo doesnt reallyreset. doors are open (of the first try) and no questbag to grab.

I m very bad with commands (and not good with english :) ) and i  looking for a way to validate the quest or to give the next one (to the doc)

Any clue would be really welcome.

Go to where the lab is, press F1, type cr, press enter.

Make sure you dont have any chests, vehicles or anything down. That should reset the chunk and sort it.

7 minutes ago, GlitterBug92 said:

I know this may have been answered but I can’t find it. What game stage does the matriarch, patriarch, and empowered demonic behemoth show up? We are currently at 600 and lvl 260ish on warrior. We want to fight them before we call the current play through finished. 

GS600+  I dont remember if they are sleepers.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:46 PM, KhaineGB said:

Go to where the lab is, press F1, type cr, press enter.

Make sure you dont have any chests, vehicles or anything down. That should reset the chunk and sort it.

Thank you very much (fixed ...and learned :) )

Hello, I'm on the quest for the main lab and have run into something I haven't encountered before.

The POI for the lab has spawned 5 blocks lower than it should which has made the bottom level inaccessible. There is a plane at the bottom of the last set of stairs that just teleports the player to the top.

I have tried to reset the chunk with the F1 and cr commands above but it just resets at the same level. Any way to shift the POI up a few layers?

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Cirkules said:

Hello, I'm on the quest for the main lab and have run into something I haven't encountered before.

The POI for the lab has spawned 5 blocks lower than it should which has made the bottom level inaccessible. There is a plane at the bottom of the last set of stairs that just teleports the player to the top.

I have tried to reset the chunk with the F1 and cr commands above but it just resets at the same level. Any way to shift the POI up a few layers?

Thanks in advance.

It's a bug (AFAIK fixed in the actual beta, see some postings above), and to my knowledge there is no easy walk around (unless you're familiar with editing worlds). It should not matter that much: If you cleared all that's reachable, you're mostly done with your world. If you want to stay to check higher gamestages, you could try to buy the portal key from caitlin to get a laser workbench. But chances are that Annas hideout in your game is bugged too, but that is another story :)

7 hours ago, Canute said:

Take a look at this video, that explain how you can modify POI. That shouldn't be that complicate
You need to select the Lab POI and adjust the high by 5 blocks.

Thank you for this, managed to fix the issue.

Could Rice have a bit more use in the early game?  My games always start me in the desert and Rice is EVERYWHERE but I don't have use for it.  I have already sold 2 max stacks of it to the trader for a few Dukes and wondered if it could have a few more uses.  I know Rice can be milled down into a type of Flour and wondered if that could be added to the game.  Also, it can be cooked in water and eaten that way, so maybe a simple recipe to have Cooked Rice made from Water and Rice.  I have dabbled a bit with adding recipes to the game file before (when I played WotW) so I'll see if I can add a recipe for the Rice to Flour at least. 

This was just a thought I had.

i have a server built on gtx im using med1 map with pep and was entering the last mission poi on the red lvl and the map exploded i made it almost to the bottom of the stairs where the poi turned to the native ground type and the poi seemed to end went to walk on it and the map seemed to explode i ended up being damaged and teleported top side where at which time the horde from the portal room seemed to join me

Edited by Milo.dracon (see edit history)