Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

55 minutes ago, Dhavos said:

Hello Guys,

I love the mod. It is just absolutly fantastic. I am on first playthrough on insane on day 60. I did generate map as I wanted unique experience. I dont have Razor and propably Eve. I am on level 3 scout missions. Meet Razor quest failed with "NO TRADER" and when I do renew it from command line it is same even if I spawn him using F6. Invoking meet Eve quest from command line gives "NO TRADER". I dont know how to spawn her and even if it would help. Dont know what to do.

I put so much effort into this as I want to play additinally no death (I load save on death). Any ideas?

Can I play any other map as long as it is not autogenerated? Shouldnt be some warning when attepting to generate? It is terrible. I feel down.

This has been a think for a while now. Two posts up is a link to a video on adding pois to maps and save games. You have to add the darkness falls pois to the map. Anna's, Razor's, Eve's, Caitlyn's, the bunker, and the research lab. Personally I like not knowing a map which is why I stick to Khaine's and Krunch's maps. Granted I've played them so much I know them now, so I'm creating my own random adding the df pois then not playing it so I forget where I placed anna's and such.

In the latest B3 update, I didn’t play well four times!
I choose cards for DF pre-generated.
Once I generated the map myself.
However, it's bad! You can’t get a laser machine, since there are no underground bunkers on the map, no military bases where they are located!
Tell me what to do?

41 minutes ago, adny said:

In the latest B3 update, I didn’t play well four times!
I choose cards for DF pre-generated.
Once I generated the map myself.
However, it's bad! You can’t get a laser machine, since there are no underground bunkers on the map, no military bases where they are located!
Tell me what to do?

Why don't you use the search on this thread - or read at least the posting just before yours? Really?
Just in case you already know each stone in all pregenerated DF-maps, you may try https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2630 which is quite quite quite big, but fantastic, even as single player.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Yeah I just started Krunch's map. 🙂

It is really awesome, as it includes some minor mods to intensify the dark mood. I am just in my first playthrough, and I plan three more on this map: It hast four separate quarters, each with its own DF-structures, each with several unique POIs I want to explore (hope to get useful starting points by trying different names for the savegame).

Really awesome, really the best map I played yet.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Почему бы вам не использовать поиск по этой теме - или не прочитать хотя бы сообщение непосредственно перед вашим? Действительно?
На всякий случай, если вы уже знаете каждый камень во всех предварительно сгенерированных DF-картах, вы можете попробовать https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2630 которая довольно большая, но фантастическая, даже в качестве одиночной игры.

Not so simple!
The fact is that I write through Google Translator!
And the search must be done in English, but here the problems begin :(

3 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

It is really awesome, as it includes some minor mods to intensify the dark mood. I am just in my first playthrough, and I plan three more on this map: It hast four separate quarters, each with its own DF-structures, each with several unique POIs I want to explore (hope to get useful starting points by trying different names for the savegame).

Really awesome, really the best map I played yet.

I've tried several names but all my starts are on the land bridge near Rekt in the swamp

1 hour ago, adny said:

Not so simple!
The fact is that I write through Google Translator!
And the search must be done in English, but here the problems begin :(

Okay, then I understand. In a nutshell: If you generate a map yourself, you have to make sure that all DF POIs are included and add them manually if necessary. It is much easier to use a predefined map with DFalls in the name or, if you have already played through all of them, a map from Capt_Krunch. I can highly recommend https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2630, but it's probably more for advanced players.

Хорошо, тогда я понимаю. В двух словах: Если вы создаете карту самостоятельно, вам придется убедиться, что все DF POI включены, и при необходимости добавить их вручную. Гораздо проще использовать предопределенную карту с DFalls в названии или, если вы уже прошли их все, карту от Capt_Krunch. Я могу очень рекомендовать https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2630, но это, вероятно, больше для продвинутых игроков.

Переведено с помощью www.DeepL.com/Translator (бесплатная версия)

1 hour ago, wanderinpaladin said:

I've tried several names but all my starts are on the land bridge near Rekt in the swamp

Oh, that's disappointing. But it should have several starting points, according to spawnpoints.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spawnpoints>
  <spawnpoint position="-3037.9,57.9,-2473.5" rotation="0,134.3,0" />
  <spawnpoint position="34.3,63.1,-11.4" rotation="0,45.5,0" />
  <spawnpoint position="2303,54.8,1085.6" rotation="0,210.5,0" />
  <spawnpoint position="2305.9,199.3,-400.2" rotation="0,162.1,0" />
  <spawnpoint position="-4266.6,111,200.1" rotation="0,335.8,0" />
</spawnpoints>

Not sure, but maybe I will try to teleport there. Later :)

Don't get scrap happy!

The Workbench allows me to scrap items.  Workbench open - select item in my inventory - scrap it. The item's scrap pile appears in the Workbench's queue and then puts the scrap into the Workbench output slot - same as vanilla. The Metal Workstation and the Laser Workbench will 'accept' an item for scrap, but it is the player that does the scrapping in their backpack...not in the workstation. 

Lol. First time I fed the Metal Workstation a stack of brass radiators I thought I had lost them for good because I didn't bother to check my backpack crafting queue.

Its all good. Just not what I expected. Welcome to DF!

9 часов назад Фалаффель сказал:

Хорошо, тогда я понимаю. В двух словах: если вы создаете карту самостоятельно, вы должны убедиться, что все POI DF включены и добавить их вручную, если это необходимо. Гораздо проще использовать предопределенную карту с DFalls в названии или, если вы уже переиграли их все, карту из Capt_Krunch. Я могу очень рекомендовать https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2630, но это, вероятно, больше для продвинутых игроков.

Большое спасибо.

Guys, please dont mind me suggesting -

DF creates a specific need for a player to go to wastelands even though it is radiated and has many more dangers in it. Which keeps life into the game till later stages. At the same time, lets assume the player is spawned in the Forest biome. Now he gets everything he needs in the same biome and doesn't really create a need to explore other places like desert, snow and burnt biomes, rather than only visiting the traders if there are any. 

As you people are masters in creating maps and mods will it be a good idea to create such a need ? So that the player has to visit these biomes by much intensifying the need and spend a lot of time exploring and mining ?

just to give you an example,

1) Avoiding easy looting of crack a book type pois also their availability in a specific region only like the laser workbench.

I remember, there used to be a crack a book having demons standing near the roof. As soon as you start the mission, there used to be extremely strong zombies and bears you needed to deal with. It was real excitement and fun and I could never complete it in one go. I did not see this POI in recent versions and observed that the player gets books and schematics easily.

2) Just like availability of Titanium only in wastelands, restricting other things like led, coal, nitrate and oil shells in specific biomes only.

And some more things like this. And again sorry for troubling.

😄

On 2/9/2023 at 1:13 AM, Ganeshakw said:

...Now he gets everything he needs in the same biome and doesn't really create a need to explore other places like desert, snow and burnt biomes, rather than only visiting the traders if there are any. ... Just like availability of Titanium only in wastelands, restricting other things like led, coal, nitrate and oil shells in specific biomes only.

K, I might have to pre-apologize for my  reading comprehension atm (not caffeinated enough yet).  We (my partner, buddies) have to go to the desert biome for lead, wheat, rice, coconuts (TY for that bread recipe, lol), etc. Gas of course, because we use a lot. We "need" all of that because of our playstyle(s). [Also the other day we also went there picking up aloe for the new scientist - AND someone commented that Khaine rlly made the desert worthwhile again. True story, lol]. Anyway, the desert biome will be visited ASAP.

Admittedly, especially as loot isn't tied to biome*, we don't have a lot of reasons to go to the snow *except* on this RWG map the snow got a few big cities. [Edit I have to put the DF_Bunker *somewhere as well: was generated.] If someone stays in the pines somehow getting "all the things they need" that seems like a playstyle choice. Not going to the burned biome 'cuase it was merged into the Wasteland and I don't miss it. So, y'know w/ the mention of the burned area I have to kinda wonder if we're talking about a fully updated game/mod? *shrug*    *[Why isn't loot level tied to biome anymore? Just curious, obv not a big deal as we live in DF now.]

Edited by Apocalipservice (see edit history)

There are definitely reasons to go to the other biomes. Different metals to mine, different foods to harvest. Are you playing an archer but not a farmer. Base up in the desert (vultures for days) Personally the desert is my favorite zone because the land is usually flat, there's food everywhere (grilled yucca and a yucca juice please) and there's "free medicine" (aloe) on the ground.

Have an issue tried to go to DF-V4.1.2-DEV-B3  from DF-V4.1.2-DEV-B2 by simple deleting or renaming the Mods folder and but the CLI pops up after entering the map and you cannot close it just keeps repeating the same error(s). 

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group “Toolbelt”. 

EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

I then basically have to F4 7daystodie in order to get out of it and force it to close switch back to B2 and everything works fine.  Based on the error I going to try to remove everything from my ToolBelt and then try B3

2 hours ago, madmikep said:

Have an issue tried to go to DF-V4.1.2-DEV-B3  from DF-V4.1.2-DEV-B2 by simple deleting or renaming the Mods folder and but the CLI pops up after entering the map and you cannot close it just keeps repeating the same error(s). 

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group “Toolbelt”. 

EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

I then basically have to F4 7daystodie in order to get out of it and force it to close switch back to B2 and everything works fine.  Based on the error I going to try to remove everything from my ToolBelt and then try B3

Cleared out my Toolbelt load map without any issues open inventory Boom  CLI with errors

I noted that the Titanium Crossbow looked to have paper over it. but was able to close the CLI.  

Click on the Titanium Crossbow to pick it up and CLI pop up and now I could not drop it or close the CLI. 

Loaded B2 backup and found I now had 4 Titanium Crossbow with the same mods.  created 2 storage chests and placed the mods in one and the Titanium Crossbows in the other. 

Start up B3 open the chest with the mods no problem.  Tried to open the chest with the Titanium Crossbows and the CLI popup with errors. 

switched back to B2 trashed the 4 Titanium Crossbows. 

Loaded B3 and open creative menu selected 7 or 8 level 61 and upgraded back to level 80 and all looks to be working

Just wanted to ask, seeing as i cannot obtain any validation to their Compatibility and out of curiosity.

Using the Darkness Falls with:
Custom Game Options
NoZombieDigging
StayClear
z30k-itemstack

I had plans to put the SMX Mod in, at least minimally the Backpack Extension one. But reading the Topic, and realizing that it just may not work properly or at all, but the information is old in date. Will they work, can they work and if so, do they require anything to work at all? There's no Comp Patch, i was looking for them based on the information that seems to be outdated and their respective names that the Guide informed me of.

Also. StayClear doesn't work for the Non-Vanilla Zombies, kinda curious if i can modify it to work with Darkness Fall's Zombies.

6 hours ago, Jazuke said:

Just wanted to ask, seeing as i cannot obtain any validation to their Compatibility and out of curiosity.

Using the Darkness Falls with:
Custom Game Options
NoZombieDigging
StayClear
z30k-itemstack

I had plans to put the SMX Mod in, at least minimally the Backpack Extension one. But reading the Topic, and realizing that it just may not work properly or at all, but the information is old in date. Will they work, can they work and if so, do they require anything to work at all? There's no Comp Patch, i was looking for them based on the information that seems to be outdated and their respective names that the Guide informed me of.

Also. StayClear doesn't work for the Non-Vanilla Zombies, kinda curious if i can modify it to work with Darkness Fall's Zombies.

StayClear is a mod based on c# (I believe).  You can probably modify it, but only if you know how to modify dll files and c# coding.

Darkness fall is an overhaul mod so other modlets can cause issues or not work completely.  For example, z30k-itemstack would probably work fine for vanilla items, but likely not for any items that Khaine added to the game; while SMD mod with the backpack extension is probably going to cause you issues as Khaine has already modified the backpack along with custom items to unlock more capability.  But not sure why you would want to add SMX backpack extension as Khaine has a 96 slot backpack already.

Your more than welcome to try additional modlets, but more than likely won't get much support if they conflict with the DF mod (other than delete the addon mods and restart over).  That's obviously not a dig at the mod creators as they have their hands full maintaining the mods they have created and don't have the time (and a lot of times the desire) to create patches to work with other mods out there unless they personally use those mods themselves.

16 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

There are definitely reasons to go to the other biomes. Different metals to mine, different foods to harvest. Are you playing an archer but not a farmer. Base up in the desert (vultures for days) Personally the desert is my favorite zone because the land is usually flat, there's food everywhere (grilled yucca and a yucca juice please) and there's "free medicine" (aloe) on the ground.

Lol, we are actually putting off becoming farmers atm - like *maybe* 3rd class so the desert is especially important. Love that class but need a break? I think that my favorite bases are on the border land of pine and desert - esp w/ a lake. Because it's pretty, lol.  (Damn I wish we had fishing and boats. I heard that no one at TFP "was interested in doing that." Rick- A20 streams)  At a certain point in the pines, I definitely get to the point where I'm wanting to be on a motorcycle cruising through the desert and then after hanging out there for a bit I'm ready to see green - maybe a bit tired of vultures. I'm not going to be drawn to the snow lands very often and that is part personal preference i.e. I'm just not that into snow and cold. *shrug* I would go if the loot was better than the pine & and the desert but it's not. DF makes the Wasteland a hell of lot more interesting - never had a base *there*. Too creepy, yeah, that's why. 😃

8 hours ago, geengaween said:

Has anyone tried adding weapons modlets to Darkness Falls, like the .30-06 weapons, melee weapons mod, or the Vanilla Weapons Expanded mod? Do you need to change anything or would they be good to go just dropped into the mods folder?

Just drop that mod into Mods might give you that weapons, but

- crafting might not working for them or they might allways stay at quality 1.

- you won't gain action xp for that weapon type, because they arn't assigned to that type.

And i think DF allready got more then enough weapons.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:51 AM, Melange said:

Don't get scrap happy!

The Workbench allows me to scrap items.  Workbench open - select item in my inventory - scrap it. The item's scrap pile appears in the Workbench's queue and then puts the scrap into the Workbench output slot - same as vanilla. The Metal Workstation and the Laser Workbench will 'accept' an item for scrap, but it is the player that does the scrapping in their backpack...not in the workstation. 

Lol. First time I fed the Metal Workstation a stack of brass radiators I thought I had lost them for good because I didn't bother to check my backpack crafting queue.

Its all good. Just not what I expected. Welcome to DF!

Would you like to know WHY that happens?

When you click "scrap" the game looks to see if window named Workbench is open. If it is, scrap there. If not, scrap in players backpack.

I've been trying to patch it so it'll do it with other workstations, but no luck.

Also, apologies for not being around much. RL has been BAD (many reasons, dont want to bore you all with them) and I'm currently moving everything over from my laptop to my new mini desktop.

don't worry about it Khaine, the vets will try to help out where we can, and we will just enjoy what's available. I'm about to show my brother the wonders/horrors of the research lab. Our base which is a variant of your noxp base barely survived last horde night so this will be our finale. I've had fun showing my brother the additions of your mod.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Would you like to know WHY that happens?

When you click "scrap" the game looks to see if window named Workbench is open. If it is, scrap there. If not, scrap in players backpack.

I've been trying to patch it so it'll do it with other workstations, but no luck.

Also, apologies for not being around much. RL has been BAD (many reasons, dont want to bore you all with them) and I'm currently moving everything over from my laptop to my new mini desktop.

Thanks for the explanation. It was an observation, and by no means intended as a complaint. 

Once you've configured the new mini desktop to your liking, and RL eases up a bit, get back to what you appear to enjoy doing. Thanks mate. Awesome mod.

Regarding a dedicated server: As I don't have a GUI for starting DF ...

1. Is there a way to set DF specific options like crosshair off through for example the serverconfig.xml?
  2. Is there a way to start a map with extra POIs activated? I can only see "NoPEP" world folders.

Thanks you for creating and maintaining Darkness Falls.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:53 PM, BFT2020 said:

StayClear is a mod based on c# (I believe).  You can probably modify it, but only if you know how to modify dll files and c# coding.

Darkness fall is an overhaul mod so other modlets can cause issues or not work completely.  For example, z30k-itemstack would probably work fine for vanilla items, but likely not for any items that Khaine added to the game; while SMD mod with the backpack extension is probably going to cause you issues as Khaine has already modified the backpack along with custom items to unlock more capability.  But not sure why you would want to add SMX backpack extension as Khaine has a 96 slot backpack already.

Your more than welcome to try additional modlets, but more than likely won't get much support if they conflict with the DF mod (other than delete the addon mods and restart over).  That's obviously not a dig at the mod creators as they have their hands full maintaining the mods they have created and don't have the time (and a lot of times the desire) to create patches to work with other mods out there unless they personally use those mods themselves.

Alright. Thanks. I have zero experience toying with DLL files c# coding, so i think i have to skip that, if ever bother with it in future.

Playing Solo and even the 96 Slot Backpack isn't enough, so i'm doing Backpack management and figuring what i really need/want and don't. For now, z30k-itemstack has worked just fine without any issues. If they happen, well, i'll have to deal with it somehow.

Problem is, i have zero idea if they are Compatible or not, there's is no indication, so the process must be trial and error, or i gotta learn to bust my time and ass to learn how to code, and while i am patient, i'm bad when it comes to numbers and reading lots of scripts. I can fully respect and understand the Mod Creators for all the time, effort and patience they put up with all this, i have more respect for them than Developers most of the time, cause they fix or make my Games that i want to play just better or more interesting and perhaps that is being unfair the Devs? Maybe i'm just being an arse now...but i wish there was a very easy way to tell if something was Compatible with another Mod without launching the Game even, probably far too much to ask for.

Thank you for responding to me and giving me this info. I'll try and figure out things, when it comes to it. For now, i want to play it as it is, i built a pretty decent base out in nowhere mans land and don't want to restart trying to do this all over again. Peace and take care!