Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

14 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

I believe they're talking about when you get something before you're able to use it like buying a skill off the scout or getting all the vehicle for dumb@%$#s then speccing into mechanic. The text removes the "must be XX level" because you have it.

And like I said, in MOST CASES, it's in the perk description. That people never check.

Mastery is the exception because it's the same for all classes. Level 40, finish class quest..

1 hour ago, Vintorez said:

Started using this mod with a buddy for the first time recently and it's fantastic, having that "Oh that's new" feeling for a game we normally know inside and out is great to have again.

Couple little oddities I noticed, Trader Rekt's compound is missing turrets on one side and a spotlight on another. Robotics Technician for the Mechanic also seems a bit off balance-wise; three active, craftable level 51+ robot turrets by level 10 if you focus the points into it. A bit much considering just one turret can make early horde nights manageable with a good position.

I'm not faffing with the traders more. I've heeard they're being re-done in A21.

And the turrets aren't as useful as you think. They HELP, but they're not OP. Having said that I put all perks back to level 20 for max level for the dev version.

I've had the same issue with the larger bunker in the wasteland spawning 5 block lower into the ground and the last floor spawning in the sky. My friend was able to get the portal power source still by interacting with the portal that spawned in the sky. However; when we try to use it on Anna's door it doesn't open so we can't access the laser workbench. Any fixes or workarounds anyone can suggest? We are playing on a server and not peer-to-peer.

Edited by Tyrseti
Forget to include information. (see edit history)

Both Bugs are known and AFAIK fixed in the dev-version 4.1.2b3. There is no solution to Annas door, so you have to cheat to get to the laser workbench: Debug mode, turn collision off, build your things, leave and turn collision on again. I did it that way - just to end that game and start the Dev-version with the fantastic map (https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2630) from Cpt_Krunch and Lemonpie :)

On 1/24/2023 at 11:27 AM, KhaineGB said:

And the turrets aren't as useful as you think. They HELP, but they're not OP. Having said that I put all perks back to level 20 for max level for the dev version.

Indeed but it seems like I have a lot more fun w/ them in DF than in vanilla. 😃 We do find them useful AF sometimes but not in all situations of course. It's a minor bummer that you need to have the mechanic class to have any skill with them? Any thought of a "robot hobbyist" perk that allows some skill w/ turrets as far as damage or even manufacture? Kinda like Farming Basics gives some farming skills. An early game thing - in the cases where no one starts as mechanic and thinking of a different 2nd class. Again, having a blast w/ DF, just a random thought yesterday as I was hauling my lvl 1 junk turret around, lol. Luckily a tree stump set me right: dayum, folks stash a lot of good turrets in stumps. Not complaining. 😆

29 minutes ago, Apocalipservice said:

Indeed but it seems like I have a lot more fun w/ them in DF than in vanilla. 😃 We do find them useful AF sometimes but not in all situations of course. It's a minor bummer that you need to have the mechanic class to have any skill with them? Any thought of a "robot hobbyist" perk that allows some skill w/ turrets as far as damage or even manufacture? Kinda like Farming Basics gives some farming skills. An early game thing - in the cases where no one starts as mechanic and thinking of a different 2nd class. Again, having a blast w/ DF, just a random thought yesterday as I was hauling my lvl 1 junk turret around, lol. Luckily a tree stump set me right: dayum, folks stash a lot of good turrets in stumps. Not complaining. 😆

Mechanic is the first class I unlock because all the others especially security is sooooo much easier with turrets. Kill 5 zombies with a club, get a scout quest, set up turrets, grab club, trigger quest bing bang boom done. Need to kill 5 animals with a pipe rifle, go to bobs boars, trigger the pig with a pipe rifle in hand and run back to the firing line. I love that turrets complete the quests, after I saw Khaine do it.

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Apocalipservice said:

No, I'm not planning to un-class-lock them.

2 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Mechanic is the first class I unlock because all the others especially security is sooooo much easier with turrets. Kill 5 zombies with a club, get a scout quest, set up turrets, grab club, trigger quest bing bang boom done. Need to kill 5 animals with a pipe rifle, go to bobs boars, trigger the pig with a pipe rifle in hand and run back to the firing line. I love that turrets complete the quests, after I saw Khaine do it.

It's often mine too and if not, likely second. Like, the next time we log in I'm more than likely taking mechanic as a second class - some has to. 😃 More vehicles, yeah but gotta have the turrets. I love when two or more "pin" a zombie. Not everyone in a group is going to want to start/second class a mechanic though so thought it may be cool if non-mechanics got more use out of turrets like non-farmers can make chicken coops and farm plots w/ perks.  

Edited by Apocalipservice (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Apocalipservice said:

It's often mine too and if not, likely second. Like, the next time we log in I'm more than likely taking mechanic as a second class - some has to. 😃 More vehicles, yeah but gotta have the turrets. I love when two or more "pin" a zombie. Not everyone in a group is going to want to start/second class a mechanic though so thought it may be cool if non-mechanics got more use out of turrets like non-farmers can make chicken coops and farm plots w/ perks.  

My brother's first encounter with a titan was anticlimactic, because even though he went mechanic to play around with the cars I told him to get robotics. Six turrets firing darts made mincemeat out of him. He held off getting robotics until we did his Razor's dig quest which spawned in the wasteland. I set up my turrets and guarded him. After that he said, "Now I see why you have one forge dedicated to making darts."

17 minutes ago, wanderinpaladin said:

"Now I see why you have one forge dedicated to making darts."

I'm glad that you said that 'cause I'm literally building forges next time I play. I actually have a crazy plan for dart trap placement on a horde base - see if I can pull it off over the next week if I'm lucky. Currently a laborer so that won't be an issue: I was *kinda* thinking of scientist for mods next because the gamestage still catches us before we're ready. ...but we have a crazy amount of skill notes so I'll think I'll end up doing mechanic + scientist likely. (Partner rlly wants hunter next and farmer too would be nice what  whatevs.) Lol, I guessed I've rlly missed my turrets. Perhaps it was the dying yesterday.  SMH 

Is there a known inconsistency with bleeds stacking? I have two worlds going using blade weapons on both, but only on my solo world do bleeds stack. I usually only use power attacks for guaranteed bleed application.

On my farther progressed solo world I have 97 skill with blades and 5/5 blade guy, bleeds seem to do 10 per tick and multiple hits stack to much higher damage over time as per the Deep Cuts perk from vanilla. They stacked in intensity as expected from the beginning.

On my duo world however we are both using blade weapons and I'm about 43 bladed weapons and 4/5 Blade guy, bleeds to 6 damage per tick but does not increase even after multiple power attacks which should guarantee additional bleed applications, this is the case for both my friend and myself. I tried relaunching the game and world to test it by myself and still had no luck.

Not sure if this is necessarily part of the mod or with 7 Days itself but figured it'd be worth checking here, unless I'm just missing something obvious between each game.

Edited by Vintorez (see edit history)

I have a very minor issue to report.  The Bag of Dried Fruit food says that it recovers 7 health but when eating it I only recover 5.  I looked in the Item.xml file to verify and this is the way it is set up, to say that it recovers 7 but actually recover 5. 

<item name="foodBagOfDriedFruit">
            <property name="Extends" value="foodCanBeef"/>
            <property name="Material" value="Morganic"/>
            <property name="DisplayType" value="foodCanned"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="driedFruitBag" />
            <property name="DescriptionKey" value="foodBagOfDriedFruitDesc"/>
            <effect_group tiered="false">
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyStats" stat="Food" operation="add" value="5"/>

<display_value name="dFoodAmount" value="7"/>
            </effect_group>

I edited it and it now works properly in my game, but wanted to give you a heads up.  

12 hours ago, Chicken Knuckle Soup said:

I’m looking for the Dfalls-krunchmap-small-8k v1.1 it doesn’t seem to be in the download anymore.  I need it to load my map from last summer .

It's not in the latest version because it's not compatible with the latest version.

12 hours ago, Vintorez said:

Is there a known inconsistency with bleeds stacking? I have two worlds going using blade weapons on both, but only on my solo world do bleeds stack. I usually only use power attacks for guaranteed bleed application.

On my farther progressed solo world I have 97 skill with blades and 5/5 blade guy, bleeds seem to do 10 per tick and multiple hits stack to much higher damage over time as per the Deep Cuts perk from vanilla. They stacked in intensity as expected from the beginning.

On my duo world however we are both using blade weapons and I'm about 43 bladed weapons and 4/5 Blade guy, bleeds to 6 damage per tick but does not increase even after multiple power attacks which should guarantee additional bleed applications, this is the case for both my friend and myself. I tried relaunching the game and world to test it by myself and still had no luck.

Not sure if this is necessarily part of the mod or with 7 Days itself but figured it'd be worth checking here, unless I'm just missing something obvious between each game.

Being blunt?

MP bug, don't care. I'm tired of tracking down MP bugs because of TFP coding.

5 hours ago, Kiernan531 said:

I have a very minor issue to report.  The Bag of Dried Fruit food says that it recovers 7 health but when eating it I only recover 5.  I looked in the Item.xml file to verify and this is the way it is set up, to say that it recovers 7 but actually recover 5. 

<item name="foodBagOfDriedFruit">
            <property name="Extends" value="foodCanBeef"/>
            <property name="Material" value="Morganic"/>
            <property name="DisplayType" value="foodCanned"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="driedFruitBag" />
            <property name="DescriptionKey" value="foodBagOfDriedFruitDesc"/>
            <effect_group tiered="false">
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyStats" stat="Food" operation="add" value="5"/>

<display_value name="dFoodAmount" value="7"/>
            </effect_group>

I edited it and it now works properly in my game, but wanted to give you a heads up.  

That's just the display then. I need to check if I wanted it to be 7 or 5 and adjust.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It's not in the latest version because it's not compatible with the latest version.

Thank you for clearing that up.  I’ve looked around and I can’t find any links to legacy versions.  Is that something that you have or do you just keep your up to date stuff?  I don’t remember the version it was from around June 2022.  Thanks

Edited by Chicken Knuckle Soup
Additional info (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Kiernan531 said:

Have a question about a mechanic.  When looking though the items.xml I've seen several mentions of a stress reduction, such as certain foods and the cannabis joint.  Is stress a fully fleshed out mechanic, and if so what is its in game effect?

Yeah, something Khaine added I think early in 2022, maybe earlier, but was never actually implemented. Various activities would cause your character to get stressed, and you would need to destress. I think he initially also added a line into the character's stats page. It has some great implications, so I hope he does get it going one day.

2 hours ago, SnowBee said:

Yeah, something Khaine added I think early in 2022, maybe earlier, but was never actually implemented. Various activities would cause your character to get stressed, and you would need to destress. I think he initially also added a line into the character's stats page. It has some great implications, so I hope he does get it going one day.

Thanks for the clarification, although it makes me wonder, because without the stress reduction, there isn't a whole lot of reason to have cannabis in the game, as the only remaining effects I can tell are an increase to hunger and thirst, stun resistance and curing concussions, which would be better handled with other meds that don't have the hunger/thirst debuff.

1 hour ago, Kiernan531 said:

Thanks for the clarification, although it makes me wonder, because without the stress reduction, there isn't a whole lot of reason to have cannabis in the game, as the only remaining effects I can tell are an increase to hunger and thirst, stun resistance and curing concussions, which would be better handled with other meds that don't have the hunger/thirst debuff.

I do recall that in one of the updates Khaine did say cannibis was there to help reduce the problems of stress, and stress would be implemented later. For now, I guess grow is for the sake of smoking weed, and having it as a counter to stun. Unless you have the perk :)

@KhaineGB

Hey, Yesterday night, I was watching the DF series on Neebs Gaming and watched the episodes where you made a surprising entry and helped them in building and defending the base. Amazing excitement. And I enjoyed a lot. One thing though, people now knows how to build a base against the new enemies as they have been watching your series and I think now the Zs and Giants will keep running in loops and keep on doing up and down. Somebody need to find a few characters who will not do that and they start banging the base walls. Hahaha. Just saying. Please dont mind.

13 hours ago, Kiernan531 said:

Have a question about a mechanic.  When looking though the items.xml I've seen several mentions of a stress reduction, such as certain foods and the cannabis joint.  Is stress a fully fleshed out mechanic, and if so what is its in game effect?

It was something planned but we had SERIOUS issues with the math, so for the moment, it is disabled. Planning to revisit it when I have more spare time.

2 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB

Hey, Yesterday night, I was watching the DF series on Neebs Gaming and watched the episodes where you made a surprising entry and helped them in building and defending the base. Amazing excitement. And I enjoyed a lot. One thing though, people now knows how to build a base against the new enemies as they have been watching your series and I think now the Zs and Giants will keep running in loops and keep on doing up and down. Somebody need to find a few characters who will not do that and they start banging the base walls. Hahaha. Just saying. Please dont mind.

I am planning to play with the AI a bit and see if I can have some that dont do that

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It was something planned but we had SERIOUS issues with the math, so for the moment, it is disabled. Planning to revisit it when I have more spare time.

Cool, I was just wondering, because I know that some of the Darkness Falls is your original work and some is other modders work that has been added in and there is a mod that is all about stress and its management so wasn't sure if this was something added in.

On 1/7/2023 at 2:38 AM, Canute said:

Take a look at this video, that explain how you can modify POI. That shouldn't be that complicate
You need to select the Lab POI and adjust the high by 5 blocks.

This is not working for me. Holding G and pressing the space bar moves me, not the POI even though the POI IS selected. I am obviously not in an editing "mode" somehow. What am I doing wrong? I thought I followed the video exactly.

1 hour ago, Black Triad said:

This is not working for me. Holding G and pressing the space bar moves me, not the POI even though the POI IS selected. I am obviously not in an editing "mode" somehow. What am I doing wrong? I thought I followed the video exactly.

G is, by default, assigned to "drop toolbelt item". I always use none in that key that so I don't drop items in game. That was the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I love the mod. It is just absolutly fantastic. I am on first playthrough on insane on day 60. I did generate map as I wanted unique experience. I dont have Razor and propably Eve. I am on level 3 scout missions. Meet Razor quest failed with "NO TRADER" and when I do renew it from command line it is same even if I spawn him using F6. Invoking meet Eve quest from command line gives "NO TRADER". I dont know how to spawn her and even if it would help. Dont know what to do.

I put so much effort into this as I want to play additinally no death (I load save on death). Any ideas?

Can I play any other map as long as it is not autogenerated? Shouldnt be some warning when attepting to generate? It is terrible. I feel down.