Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 hours ago, XRIPXSHADOW said:

Is the max zombie thing fixed? last time i updated a month ago the max zombie setting went away as a bug

It always worked fine for me, so... no? I just set it to 75 or 100. Never had an issue.

4 minutes ago, XRIPXSHADOW said:

How would one add other mods to darkness falls id like to add some custom guns and items but not sure where that would be located to fix the configs

Mods folder. Other mods are unsupported so up to you to get them working.

I’m new to the forum but my husband and I have been playing the df mod for a while now. We absolutely love it! But we have a bug where dr Anna is multiplying. We found her house and initially there was only one. But then there were 2, then 3, now 4. Any ideas on what would cause this? 

It seems to be a vanilla bug. Traders keep trying to walk away (you can see it happen in vanilla with them walking on the spot)

The problem is the spawn block used to spawn them will then spawn a new trader if they aren't on the block, which is to fix an earlier alpha bug of "disappearing traders".

New dev build up for anyone interested.

V4.1.1-DEV-B8

- Golf Club is now appropriately tiered and should scale with Weapon Crafting.
- Slightly tweaked loot list of birds nests (more feathers but the chance remains the same) and munitions boxes (no melee weapons, more likely to drop ammo).
- Fixed incorrect bundle amounts for crushed sand and clay.
- Fixed various incorrect localization entries and unlockedby entries.
- Resource Bundles can now stack to 10 instead of 5.
- Scout now carries herbal antibiotics instead of honey.
- Added grumpybeards extra lockable storage.
- PEP_Littleleague seems to be fixed from randomly falling apart (at least in my tests).
- Anna's laser workbench is now a little more difficult to get to.
- Anna has been locked up so she can't wander as far.
- Laborer now needs to make Cobblestone Frame Shapes instead of Cobblestone Shapes.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tEqqh41x3FVtCnLFwvgmG0OwbVRTwVy9/view?usp=share_link

Hey! I've recently discovered an issue I've been having across multiple different worlds (all random gem) Every single time I go to accept the special quest to get to Razor, it immediately fails and I end up having no way of finding him. Any solutions? Thanks

47 minutes ago, sway22 said:

Hey! I've recently discovered an issue I've been having across multiple different worlds (all random gem) Every single time I go to accept the special quest to get to Razor, it immediately fails and I end up having no way of finding him. Any solutions? Thanks

Has Razor’s POI spawned in during RWG?  Since the mission is failing as soon as you take it, it sounds like Razor doesn’t exist on that map which is why you can’t complete it.

6 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Has Razor’s POI spawned in during RWG?  Since the mission is failing as soon as you take it, it sounds like Razor doesn’t exist on that map which is why you can’t complete it.

I'm not sure? does he not normally spawn durning RWG? Is there a way for me to check?

There are plenty of videos for adding pois to maps I recommend watching them. The quick advice is, make a new game, then go into the world editor (you want the day 1 protection buff for the next part), fly around until you find a spot you want them, I usually drop razor and eve off by roads, I try to follow where Khaine puts the pois so I put the bunker in the winter somewhere, and the research lab in the wasteland somewhere (this is why you want the level/day 1 protection because doing it with radiation sucks). Caitlyn should spawn but I'm not sure, and if anna doesn't spawn just pick a house poi and replace it. Placing pois is a bit glitchy because you will likely have to place it, log out, log in, rotate it, log out then back because of the backwards bug. Ninety percent of the time, even if you place it correctly it will spawn in backwards.

Above is why I've given up and just used Khaine's maps or (yes I also have the compo pak installed) the old compo pak maps. Krunch's maps are a blast but you need the compor pak to play them. I mean one map has an entire wasteland island full of skyscrapers.

6 hours ago, sway22 said:

I'm not sure? does he not normally spawn durning RWG? Is there a way for me to check?

With RWG you can get lucky with your DF custom POI spawn. So, sometimes they all do spawn. You can check by going into the console (press F1), type dm, press enter. Press F1 again to exit the console. Press the escape key and go to the POI teleporter menu. Type "DF" (without quotes) in the search and check if Razor, Eve, Anna, Military bunker, Research Lab and Caitlin is there. You don't need Caitlin for the story, but good to have. Those are the DF custom poi's.

To switch off debug mode, go back into the console and type dm again.

11 hours ago, sway22 said:

Oh i had no idea. Is it easy to add them in manually?

If you know what you are doing, it can be done in few minutes per POI (there are quite good YouTube-tutorials). But my first single POI took me more than an hour :)

So, in my opinion, it's not worth it for casual players. Especially, as the predefined DF-Maps are quite good.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Hi Guys!

I am playing with a few friends on V4.04 of Darkness Falls. First of all: It's so much better than Vanilla! YOu did a phenomenal job Khaine!

One question though: On the DF Quest "The Reward" we're supposed to go into an underground bunker to retrieve some supplies. As soon as we arrived at the location we could already hear the Z's rampaging underground. So we went down and killed the first few but they seemed to be spawning back more or less istantly. Only with combined firepower we managed to kill off enough to give us a little bit of breathing room, just enough to get the supplies. We tried to flee the Bunker but there was already a screamer horde coming in through the tiny shaft. Also the ladders have been broken by the Zombies. Is this infinite spawn a bug or intended feature?

It is more an intended feature.

Check out SnowBee's Youtube video about bunker farm.

Some people use the bunker to farm hazmat stuff, because of the unlimited respawn.

But you can cancel the respawn by destroying these corpsebags on the ground.

And that you have screamer hordes is because you use too much range weapons.

48 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Hi Guys!

I am playing with a few friends on V4.04 of Darkness Falls. First of all: It's so much better than Vanilla! YOu did a phenomenal job Khaine!

One question though: On the DF Quest "The Reward" we're supposed to go into an underground bunker to retrieve some supplies. As soon as we arrived at the location we could already hear the Z's rampaging underground. So we went down and killed the first few but they seemed to be spawning back more or less istantly. Only with combined firepower we managed to kill off enough to give us a little bit of breathing room, just enough to get the supplies. We tried to flee the Bunker but there was already a screamer horde coming in through the tiny shaft. Also the ladders have been broken by the Zombies. Is this infinite spawn a bug or intended feature?

Intended. I was gonna say you missed something but Canute already told you 😛

The corpse bags are spawners. You have to destroy them. They only have like 50hp.

I already wrote it in Discord, but I assume it will be overlooked: 

I suggest a slightly modified localization: foodHoneyDesc, "Honey is one of mother nature's miracles. It gives you some energy, tastes great, and can help fight off early stages of infection and pneumonia.\n(Only a 65% chance to cure, not instant and only for infection <15%)"

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

I already wrote it in Discord, but I assume it will be overlooked: 

I suggest a slightly modified localization: foodHoneyDesc, "Honey is one of mother nature's miracles. It gives you some energy, tastes great, and can help fight off early stages of infection and pneumonia.\n(Only a 65% chance to cure, not instant and only for infection <15%)"

Did you add it to the mod-suggestions channel? It won't be overlooked there. Otherwise you can't blame them for overlooking it.

Quick question, I've unlocked tech crafting 3/5 (we;; 4/5, but I'm only level 120), and tried to use the transhuman and regeneration shots, I've got them up to 4/5 & 1/5 respectively, but both are red. It says requirements not met, but there are no listed requirements that I don't meet. (tech crafting 3 and use the shot)

I'm aware the biological boost and tech boost do not stack. As in you can only spec in one, I'm only specced in biological boost.

Also, I don't run any mods, although I play with 3 hour days so it's only day 38 if that matters. 

Any idea what's keeping these traits from working?