Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 hours ago, mar3ld said:

Regarding a dedicated server: As I don't have a GUI for starting DF ...

1. Is there a way to set DF specific options like crosshair off through for example the serverconfig.xml?
  2. Is there a way to start a map with extra POIs activated? I can only see "NoPEP" world folders.

Thanks you for creating and maintaining Darkness Falls.

Some is in the serverconfig.xml

Some is in Mods\1-CustomGameOptions\SaveData\CustomGameOptions.xml

58 minutes ago, Jazuke said:

Alright. Thanks. I have zero experience toying with DLL files c# coding, so i think i have to skip that, if ever bother with it in future.

Playing Solo and even the 96 Slot Backpack isn't enough, so i'm doing Backpack management and figuring what i really need/want and don't. For now, z30k-itemstack has worked just fine without any issues. If they happen, well, i'll have to deal with it somehow.

Problem is, i have zero idea if they are Compatible or not, there's is no indication, so the process must be trial and error, or i gotta learn to bust my time and ass to learn how to code, and while i am patient, i'm bad when it comes to numbers and reading lots of scripts. I can fully respect and understand the Mod Creators for all the time, effort and patience they put up with all this, i have more respect for them than Developers most of the time, cause they fix or make my Games that i want to play just better or more interesting and perhaps that is being unfair the Devs? Maybe i'm just being an arse now...but i wish there was a very easy way to tell if something was Compatible with another Mod without launching the Game even, probably far too much to ask for.

Thank you for responding to me and giving me this info. I'll try and figure out things, when it comes to it. For now, i want to play it as it is, i built a pretty decent base out in nowhere mans land and don't want to restart trying to do this all over again. Peace and take care!

If you think 96 isn't enough, you should play A16 and learn the true meaning of inventory management 😛

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If you think 96 isn't enough, you should play A16 and learn the true meaning of inventory management 😛

I think i'll skip on that, thank you. Even the 120 Slot one would still not do it properly, i am at least learning Management better. I do long scavenging rounds, cause the travel distance back to base is pretty far by foot. Being one guy, playing it all on my own, i can understand then that this game wasn't intended for "Solo/Single Player" playthroughs. But it's a good game.

I never played 7DtD before. So this all new to me. A bit over 100 hours (the 200+ hours are just the game running during my sleep) and i still feel like i barely understand what the heck i'm doing to make anything work or manage properly. DF adds another lay of complexity. Oh, and the Advanced Furnace, the one with a long ass pipe and made of bricks has no animation to it, so it's a bit confusing whether it is working or running at times for my eyes and brain, so i check on it regularly just to make sure.

The Coilweapons are cool, but the "Pistol" one is just a Revolver that doesn't have proper Reload Animation. My brain has difficulties comprehending it or liking it. Didn't get to make the Shotgun yet or the Sniper, so i'm uncertain if they lack the "Animation" too.

Thanks for this super cool Mod, by the way! While some parts are a bit rough around the edges, like the weird "Bright Cowboy Zombie" and some zombies simply called "Zombie Stripper" despite them looking nothing like it, i'm having a lot of fun with this one and it gives me some really good QoL too! Much love and respect!

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Some is in the serverconfig.xml
Some is in Mods\1-CustomGameOptions\SaveData\CustomGameOptions.xml

Thank you. CustomGameOptions.xml was the one I was looking for.

Regarding question #2 .. Care to shed some light on the thing with PEP worlds? I might have missed a discussion regarding that. I'm running the dedicated Server and there are only "NoPEP" worlds included in the package (the "world" folder). I'd love some extra POIs.

Anyway, thanks for this awesome mod.

10 hours ago, Jazuke said:

I think i'll skip on that, thank you. Even the 120 Slot one would still not do it properly, i am at least learning Management better. I do long scavenging rounds, cause the travel distance back to base is pretty far by foot. Being one guy, playing it all on my own, i can understand then that this game wasn't intended for "Solo/Single Player" playthroughs. But it's a good game.

I never played 7DtD before. So this all new to me. A bit over 100 hours (the 200+ hours are just the game running during my sleep) and i still feel like i barely understand what the heck i'm doing to make anything work or manage properly. DF adds another lay of complexity. Oh, and the Advanced Furnace, the one with a long ass pipe and made of bricks has no animation to it, so it's a bit confusing whether it is working or running at times for my eyes and brain, so i check on it regularly just to make sure.

The Coilweapons are cool, but the "Pistol" one is just a Revolver that doesn't have proper Reload Animation. My brain has difficulties comprehending it or liking it. Didn't get to make the Shotgun yet or the Sniper, so i'm uncertain if they lack the "Animation" too.

Thanks for this super cool Mod, by the way! While some parts are a bit rough around the edges, like the weird "Bright Cowboy Zombie" and some zombies simply called "Zombie Stripper" despite them looking nothing like it, i'm having a lot of fun with this one and it gives me some really good QoL too! Much love and respect!

1) You don't need to take everything. It's time to learn to leave crap behind and stop modding for bigger inventories/stacks. Inventory management is part of the game.
2) Why would the advanced forge HAVE an animation? You don't fuel it or anything like the other forges (also it's just a particle effect, and yes, i''m aware I need to fix the big forge)
3) The other guns don't have animations either because I haven't goten around to doing them.
4) The strippers were my wife's idea. AKA - Themed strippers that would go to bachelor/bachelorette parties.

9 hours ago, mar3ld said:

Thank you. CustomGameOptions.xml was the one I was looking for.

Regarding question #2 .. Care to shed some light on the thing with PEP worlds? I might have missed a discussion regarding that. I'm running the dedicated Server and there are only "NoPEP" worlds included in the package (the "world" folder). I'd love some extra POIs.

Anyway, thanks for this awesome mod.

POIExpansionPack - PEP

So with or without that. PEP worlds are in the PEP folder under Worlds.

Yeah, we figured out the themed strippers - my wife noticed and yeah, seemed reasonable they were "party stirppers:" I'll pay more attention, hope those aren't former stripper cops we're seeing. Yikes... I appreciate being able to just leave the advanced forge to its business. Nice surprise if you forget, finally check it, and the bullet tip "crisis" isn't anymore. 

Edited by Apocalipservice (see edit history)

On 2/13/2023 at 9:46 PM, KhaineGB said:

1) You don't need to take everything. It's time to learn to leave crap behind and stop modding for bigger inventories/stacks. Inventory management is part of the game.
2) Why would the advanced forge HAVE an animation? You don't fuel it or anything like the other forges (also it's just a particle effect, and yes, i''m aware I need to fix the big forge)
3) The other guns don't have animations either because I haven't goten around to doing them.
4) The strippers were my wife's idea. AKA - Themed strippers that would go to bachelor/bachelorette parties.

1: Trying not to. I scrap anything that isn't valuable, resource, seeds or any useful items. Including long term usefulness. Hard. But making do.

2: Sorry. I meant Big Forge. Not Advanced. I forgot what exactly the T2 Forge name was, but yeah, it is the Big Forge. I haven't gotten the Advanced Forge just yet.

3: Alright. Thanks for confirming my suspicions! Look forward to what more good @%$# there'll be.

4: Oh. Interesting. Okay. So that makes sense why they have so many models, seeing as they are a "Stripper Party" variants of each other. Cool!

Also. The NPC Survivors are kinda cringe. Sometimes, they just kind of float slightly above ground during Zombie interactions. They don't have any attack animations, so they just...spout crap at them while standing next to them and lowering zombie HP and eventually killing one, if it isn't stronger than them or more HP. Their AI is also kind of weird. At times, they ignore zombies, they attack Wolfs, Cows and Bears that don't attack back. Wolfs attack zombies. Giant Bees and Bears i have yet to see whether they do or don't. I know there's Zombie Bears, i stay clear from them. I think the Survivors needs some tune up to their AI along with the Wildlife, and Survivor Attack Animation.

Thanks for the response! Take care of yourself!

On 2/8/2023 at 10:21 PM, wanderinpaladin said:

I've tried several names but all my starts are on the land bridge near Rekt in the swamp

(regarding A20 - Krunch.and.Lemons.Excellent.Adventure.12.v1.2) I started with savegame name "Amazone" (next try would have been B-something) and I was born at a different place. My first try :)

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

I'm running the stable, what gamestage do the bosses start showing up? My brother and I just raided the research lab and it wasn't tough but had our first few demons. I usually play on a higher difficulty but we're on adventurer and our gamestage is about 300. As this will be the final horde for this run, I'm planning on bumping the difficulty but I don't want to go too high. I know bumping it to insane would jump the gamestage into the neighborhood of 1500 (I just checked the backup with that change).

Somebody, please please change the 2 Labs POIs now. These 2 locations are still tough but everybody now knows everything that is inside these POIs and they know how to overcome these dangers. I have even seen the Incubus getting beaten by a robotic sledge in a hilarious way. 😄😄😝

Edited by Ganeshakw (see edit history)

Thats why advanced people try to rush for the Research lab, so they don't get demonic or not that many.
At the portal room, there should be allways one now, but normaly you can find the satchel at some upper floor for the quest and can ignore the portal room.
You should bring some cobblestone/concrete blocks with you, so you can block door.

Hi.  First time caller, long time listener.  Darkness Falls is very well done.

How are people downloading V4.1.2-DEV-B2?  The link on page 416 seems to be dead.  I'd like to try the Wastelands lab, but in v4.1.1 the bottom floor (bedrock) teleports me to the surface.

37 minutes ago, Brevan said:

Hi.  First time caller, long time listener.  Darkness Falls is very well done.

How are people downloading V4.1.2-DEV-B2?  The link on page 416 seems to be dead.  I'd like to try the Wastelands lab, but in v4.1.1 the bottom floor (bedrock) teleports me to the surface.

I don't think you can get it easily as it is not a stable release. As B3 has been out since January, the download storage has likely replaced B2 with the newer B3 version.

This is B3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PAZmm2jD9k6L-8DT1QS5fj-0FpvvNWDe/view?usp=share_link

5 minutes ago, TrveRally said:

Awesome mod, very fun to play, tons of features. One question though, does anybody know how to increase the gather rate? Tired of smacking a tree or a rock and getting one resource per swing. A tad too grindy for my preference is all.

I assume you are not using the same tool for both rocks and trees?

I know the mod is meant to slow the early game down a bit, it is one of the features. It doesn't take that long to get a fireaxe, and pump a point or two into your skills. Even a scrape axe isn't one resource per swing and those open up automatically in very little time. I must admit, one resource per swing does not sound right.

11 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

I don't think you can get it easily as it is not a stable release. As B3 has been out since January, the download storage has likely replaced B2 with the newer B3 version.

This is B3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PAZmm2jD9k6L-8DT1QS5fj-0FpvvNWDe/view?usp=share_link

I assume you are not using the same tool for both rocks and trees?

I know the mod is meant to slow the early game down a bit, it is one of the features. It doesn't take that long to get a fireaxe, and pump a point or two into your skills. Even a scrape axe isn't one resource per swing and those open up automatically in very little time. I must admit, one resource per swing does not sound right.

Correct, i'm using scrap tools and only get one resource per swing, max two resources per swing. Loot abundance I have set to max through the command console and that seems to work perfect but the actual gather rate is abysmal. A friend and I are playing the mod to kill time and my work schedule doesn't give me much free time to pour countless hours into the mod so any help with this issue is much appreciated.

14 minutes ago, TrveRally said:

Correct, i'm using scrap tools and only get one resource per swing, max two resources per swing. Loot abundance I have set to max through the command console and that seems to work perfect but the actual gather rate is abysmal. A friend and I are playing the mod to kill time and my work schedule doesn't give me much free time to pour countless hours into the mod so any help with this issue is much appreciated.

Since version 4.1 (and I think tweaked in 4.1.1), there is a decrease in harvesting resources from Warrior level, which is a 20% harvest reduction. Goes up to 60% reduction for insane. That could also be effecting it, if it is that, you could play on something lower than Warrior.

1 hour ago, SnowBee said:

Since version 4.1 (and I think tweaked in 4.1.1), there is a decrease in harvesting resources from Warrior level, which is a 20% harvest reduction. Goes up to 60% reduction for insane. That could also be effecting it, if it is that, you could play on something lower than Warrior.

Difficulty was left at Adventurer which is standard difficulty. Maybe my game or map is bugged.

Right you horrible lot...

...here's a new dev build.

Again, no it's not on the launcher. Get over it. 😛 Also it should NOT need a new save if you're using a dev build already, but I cannot guarantee that as I don't have an old save to test on since I moved from the laptop to the mini PC.

V4.1.2-DEV-B4

- Updated SCore to fix the MP bug with the storage broadcast.
- Fixed a lot of unlockedby for various scrap weapons so they say they need scrap weapon crafting.
- Fixed the farming tips book not properly unlocking the 3rd level.
- Fixed various trader buff immunities.
- Added the base DF lockable storage to the "remote crafting" list so they can now be upgraded.
- Added Annihilator's 'QuestHelper' mod, which fixes scout quests using 0,0 as the origin point on MP (Thanks Annihilator!)

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJTrq0N4yZ8P-PAxKQGVMpfWh1v94ecS/view?usp=share_link

Been Playing DF for about a week now absolutely brilliant you fixed all the things that really annoyed me in vanilla and more so big thanks to Khaine et al for this treasure.

Two things:  coils rounds come in boxs of 50 stacks of 10 and loose they stack in 500, the boxs seem a bit pointless.

Second one I just tried the Reward mission WOW I need more ammo and med packs I only got to the second door and had to beat a retreat but because its under ground 2 screamers joined the foray I did escape but  it makes the subterranean POI's a bit more of a challenge.

Success returned and this time worked out the spawn point absolutely fabulous did it with a 100 rounds instead of a 1000

Edited by Balthazod (see edit history)

15 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Right you horrible lot...

- Added Annihilator's 'QuestHelper' mod, which fixes scout quests using 0,0 as the origin point on MP (Thanks Annihilator!)

Huzzah! I was wondering what her damage was, sending us out 4 f'in km. Time to try a DF dev build for the first time. Water is finally changing for 21, right - I mean lakes and ponds not the stupid jar thing. I hope that that leads to good fishing mods. 

3 hours ago, Brevan said:

Dang, that Scout questing 0,0 issue was affecting a MP game of mine (we were just doing the game-host's quests, which is working fine), but the Google Drive link is saturated (~"too many downloads, wait 24hrs to try again").

Yeah my brother and I were getting that. We eventually built a mine to bedrock.

15 hours ago, Brevan said:

Dang, that Scout questing 0,0 issue was affecting a MP game of mine (we were just doing the game-host's quests, which is working fine), but the Google Drive link is saturated (~"too many downloads, wait 24hrs to try again").

I recently fell into the same trap :) Log in into a Google account, then download.

Finally fail I reached the 3rd floor of the bunker and it was bugged when I stepped on it I fell through landing back out side with a some fall damage second time it just teleported back to outside.  I tried a bit of sorcery and floated across the floor to the red door but it would not open even though it excepted the red key card. It looked wrong with the floor being covered with rubble (see screen shot)  It's  a shame I was the most well prepared adventurer  4k Coil AP7.62 14 box's AP7.62 for the M4 800 coil shotgun and enough rockets and grenades to invade Cuba.  I gifted myself a laser bench and will continue to enjoy this awesome map (DF medium2) and awesome mod..

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2023.02.20 - 17.50.51.23.png

The issue you ran into is fixed in the Dev versions higher up this page, but you would need to start a new game or reset the chunk that lab POI is in.

That aside, I like your idea of using Murky Water to put out flames,  I've been using bowls of Sap, since I figured I'd want the stamina buff and so far haven't needed more than 15 uses, but I don't encounter Demons often.

@KhaineGB

There's a minor display bug in the stamina regen buff when drinking Bowls of Sap.  The buff counts down by 2 per second, so I'm not sure if the bug is that it should last 30 seconds (current behavior) or 60 (current display).  Tested on 4.1.2-Dev3

@Falaffel

Thanks for letting me know about the Google account requirement.