Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@Similar Titanium ore is marked as a bright blue square on the map, just like coal is a black square black for example. You could uncover some areas in the Wasteland and check the map for titanium ores after that. Gyrocopter is the most convenient way to uncover large areas of the map without having to fight zombies / demons. Titanium ores are kind of rare, though, so you might have to check a huge area to find an ore. But usually I end up with around 10 different titanium spots on the map. Uranium and plutonium are nearly impossible to find, at least for me. Have found a single plutonium ore once in my last playthrough, not a single one in my current playthrough yet and I have never found an uranium ore in any DF playthrough so far and I might have spent some real life hours flying the gyrocopter over the Wasteland to uncover as much area on the map as possible. If you ask me plutonium and uranium are far too scarce.

4 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

@Similar Titanium ore is marked as a bright blue square on the map, just like coal is a black square black for example. You could uncover some areas in the Wasteland and check the map for titanium ores after that.

ah, I thought it was supposed to have a coloured node, but I don't have any at all in the parts of wasteland I've revealed so far. Everything is just dark grey or yellow (not sure what that is, but it's something larger than nodes).

4 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Gyrocopter is the most convenient way to uncover large areas of the map without having to fight zombies / demons. Titanium ores are kind of rare, though, so you might have to check a huge area to find an ore. But usually I end up with around 10 different titanium spots on the map. Uranium and plutonium are nearly impossible to find, at least for me. Have found a single plutonium ore once in my last playthrough, not a single one in my current playthrough yet and I have never found an uranium ore in any DF playthrough so far and I might have spent some real life hours flying the gyrocopter over the Wasteland to uncover as much area on the map as possible. If you ask me plutonium and uranium are far too scarce.

Uranium is plentiful in my map. I think I've run into twenty deposits or so. No plutonium, though.

I made a new mine in another part of the wasteland and finally found some titanium. Only one deposit, but it's been good for 30K so far, so that'll be enough for now (and I hit both lead and nitrate on the way in, which I've had problems finding too, so that was nice).

I don't have the Mechanic mastery yet, so no gyrocopter so far, but there's some kind of conspiracy going on right now; nearly all the traders have the small helicopter for sale. It feels like the game is hinting at something (but it'd be a better hint if it'd hand me an extra 100K Dukes, so I could afford the thing).

4 hours ago, Canute said:

Since they add the surface boulders and map square that show the location of ore nodes, i never mined to bedrock or deeper then 20-30 blocks.

You should just drive all streets/ways at the wasteland and check the map for resource square's.

yeh, I've tried, but I don't see any nodes, so far.

4 hours ago, Canute said:

When you plan to mine longer at that spot (mosttimes at MP to supplies all the friends with titanium) you maybe should think about to place 2 auto. turrets +generator on top to kill screamer they might appear.

Ofcouse robotic turrets do the job too if you got the skills and don't mine that deep to be out of activation range.

hm. That's a point. Hard to do much about screamers when you're at bedrock. You can either just leave or wait for them to get to you.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

For titainium, look for the 3x3 random piles of crap in the wasteland and dig down.

I did 3, one of them had a massive vein under it.

I think the deposit I finally found is actually near two of those 3x3 piles.

Edited by Similar
Spacing (see edit history)

On 6/1/2022 at 1:42 PM, KhaineGB said:

Mess with field of view in your video options. That helps with motion sickness.

The largest that TFP lets you set it currently is about 85, which helps, but not a lot. I only play with my housemates and none of us use the FOV cheat to ambush each other. I keep hoping they will let us set it manually to something higher before the game is "complete"

8 minutes ago, Ianua said:

The largest that TFP lets you set it currently is about 85, which helps, but not a lot. I only play with my housemates and none of us use the FOV cheat to ambush each other. I keep hoping they will let us set it manually to something higher before the game is "complete"

Not in DF. I patched it so it can go higher

Hi all.

Sorry if this has been explained, I have searched. I am playing darkness falls, single player. The mission "opening trade routes (tier 1") fails about 15 seconds after I accept it from the White river scout. I am level 250 - Day 22. Any clue? I can and have taken regular jobs from her, but this one fails every time right after I accept it. I am happy to edit an XML/skip it or whatever needed just so I can progress.

And Khaine - you are a master. This mod is completely amazing.

Any possible ideas?

Thank you for your time.

23 minutes ago, ejlarson said:

Hi all.

Sorry if this has been explained, I have searched. I am playing darkness falls, single player. The mission "opening trade routes (tier 1") fails about 15 seconds after I accept it from the White river scout. I am level 250 - Day 22. Any clue? I can and have taken regular jobs from her, but this one fails every time right after I accept it. I am happy to edit an XML/skip it or whatever needed just so I can progress.

I bet you are playing on a random world, then you miss:

RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city, Khaine prefers forest.
DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow
DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too)
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland
DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland
To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

1 hour ago, Canute said:

I bet you are playing on a random world, then you miss:

RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city, Khaine prefers forest.
DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow
DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too)
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland
DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland
To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

Amazing. Thanks so much for the info! I will start over again with a built in map.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:35 PM, KhaineGB said:

No idea. It's working for other people.

I am NOT a server guy, and I do not test the mod beyond "It boots and works on a server."

Turns out I was just an idiot didn’t realized what I was doing wrong and I feel so dumb after seen what an easy fix it was. Thank you for such an amazing mod

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the forum to let me search this thread, but I was wondering if anyone knew why extra mods don't seem to load into this pack?

I've been making my own pack that modifies some basic functions and it doesn't produce any errors, but it also won't seem to activate in the game appropriately. Is there some sort of mod approval list embedded in this pack that I need to add the title of my mod to?

@itsBorked Well, Darknes Falls changes a lot of the original game files. And if your mod does attempt to change the same files, there will be problems. And as DF does change a lot of the vanilla files, it´s most likely that your mod doesn´t work because your mod does cover files that already are changed by DF.

It´s easier to list the mods that work with DF than to list those that don´t. See post #3 or #4 in this thread.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@itsBorked Well, Darknes Falls changes a lot of the original game files. And if your mod does attempt to change the same files, there will be problems. And as DF does change a lot of the vanilla files, it´s most likely that your mod doesn´t work because your mod does cover files that already are changed by DF.

It´s easier to list the mods that work with DF than to list those that don´t. See post #3 or #4 in this thread.

Dang.. that's actually really unfortunate.

I've been using xpath removes and appends to get the adjustments just right and after spending about an hour writing it all up with everything I wanted I got a solid compile only for it to not work with the game :(

Sounds like my best bet would be to manually edit the lines I want and then pass the file adjustments to all my friends playing, but I wonder if that would cause any launch issues

Edited by itsBorked (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Or you could NOT modify an overhaul?

That's what vanilla is for.

Ooh, there's the response I completely expected. Gee thanks for the obvious input.

But no, the main reason of modifying any of this overhaul is that most of it is great, about 85% of it. But for QoL enjoyment it's nicer to adjust the small things rather than rebuild it from scratch and call it my own when it's clearly not mine. It's not like I'm redistributing this, I don't see why you're so irritated by it to come at anyone like this?

Hi - can anyone confirm it electric fences do or don't take damage in this version when they're damaging zeds? In my last DF playthru in A19 they used to "overload" and shut down but not take damage so they were good but not OP. I aren't sure if this is the case in A20 version of DF. Much appreciated :)

Some questions:

1) I have read the Future is Now book, have Technology Crafting level 5/5 but for both biological boosts and technological boosts perks it says "N/A" and I can't pick either of them. Why?

2) I have read somewhere that I can either pick technological boosts OR biological boosts and as soon as I have spent one skill point in one of them the other tree gets locked. Is that correct?

3) Laser Workbench needs a Laser Workbench to craft itself. How can I get the first one? Can it be found somewhere in the world?

4) When mining ore there is a chance to collect the whole ore block with only one hit. Where does that chance come from? Did I read something to get that and can I even increase that chance?

39 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

Some questions:

1) I have read the Future is Now book, have Technology Crafting level 5/5 but for both biological boosts and technological boosts perks it says "N/A" and I can't pick either of them. Why?

2) I have read somewhere that I can either pick technological boosts OR biological boosts and as soon as I have spent one skill point in one of them the other tree gets locked. Is that correct?

3) Laser Workbench needs a Laser Workbench to craft itself. How can I get the first one? Can it be found somewhere in the world?

4) When mining ore there is a chance to collect the whole ore block with only one hit. Where does that chance come from? Did I read something to get that and can I even increase that chance?

1) Because you need to make items for them, which you unlock at tech crafting 3/5.

2) Yes

3) It's in the lab.

4) Mining Action Skill.

17 hours ago, itsBorked said:

Ooh, there's the response I completely expected. Gee thanks for the obvious input.

But no, the main reason of modifying any of this overhaul is that most of it is great, about 85% of it. But for QoL enjoyment it's nicer to adjust the small things rather than rebuild it from scratch and call it my own when it's clearly not mine. It's not like I'm redistributing this, I don't see why you're so irritated by it to come at anyone like this?

It's because it makes it very hard to verify bugs and other such things if you've been messing around with stuff you shouldn't be.

That's why I get irritated. I get a lot of bug reports and crashes that are often caused by other mods, and then people get narky with ME when I say "Take all your mods out and just run DF".

So my position stands.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

56 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

3) In which lab? I have done "The Reward" but I could not find a Laser Workbench there. Should I look again or wait for bigger labs later in the story?

When you accept a mission it mosttime say the target POI, in this case DFResearch_Lab01 (or similar).

The regular trader offer it sometimes as Tier5 mission too.

The lab is located at the Wasteland, 3 floor. Don't forget to bring titanium and lasertool.

Alternative Trader Jen can sell the laser workbench very rarely at their secret stash.

P.S. don't made too much noise or Aunt screamer will wait for you at the exit.

Hey Khaine,

Couple questions, i have not found an answer online anywhere. Which one is faster or "better" chopper, MD-500 or UH-60 or are they equal and just for looks?

Second one, there is engine turbo on creative catalog, i assume supercharger took its place and i can quit looking daily trader inventory for one.

Also, i found really irritating bug if it occurs. I have 0 other mods running beside DF so just you know. I made an elevator and it works fine, once i took out military tablet while i was using elevator and it somehow messed it up. It got stuck in loop somehow, sound of using elevator was looping EVEN while pressed game pause with ESC. I took elevator back to parts, did electricity again etc. sound is gone, great.. use one time elevator, like you used to, without tablet.. bam, again the loop. Oh, and you are not allowed to use elevator if you dont take it off first once, it says elevator in use. Gladly, total game reboot worked. Even partial reboot of the game (going back to main menu) didnt do the trick, only full boot did. So far i have only found the bug with military tablet. But yeah, maybe a messy story of the bug.. TLDR; dont use military tablet on elevator, it breaks the elevator.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

1) Because you need to make items for them, which you unlock at tech crafting 3/5.

2) Yes

3) It's in the lab.

4) Mining Action Skill.

It's because it makes it very hard to verify bugs and other such things if you've been messing around with stuff you shouldn't be.

That's why I get irritated. I get a lot of bug reports and crashes that are often caused by other mods, and then people get narky with ME when I say "Take all your mods out and just run DF".

So my position stands.

That's a much more reasonable response to be honest..

I can accept any potential bugs that arise from my adjustments, I'm not incompetent. I just wanted to know if there's a way to get what I'd like to edit to overwrite what's in the config of the base DF mod folder. As I mentioned before it does seem to allow half of my edits to apply, but unfortunately not the ones our group would like best which are some small creature comforts like canned food not having a dysentery effect as it seems a little ridiculous.

Alternatively, I've noticed there's no way to make a bowl of murky/water without snowballs. Is this intentional or is a crafting recipe to combine a bottle of water and bowl simply missing? Seems odd to rely on snowballs as the only way to properly utilize canned foods being re-cooked into bowls.

4 minutes ago, itsBorked said:

Alternatively, I've noticed there's no way to make a bowl of murky/water without snowballs. Is this intentional or is a crafting recipe to combine a bottle of water and bowl simply missing? Seems odd to rely on snowballs as the only way to properly utilize canned foods being re-cooked into bowls.

Why you don't fill these bowl at any water source, like nature open water, water from rain catcher, or workable player sink ?

Same behavior like for empty jars, do you have recipes for murky water jars ? Beside snowballs not.