Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Trader protection will still be off.

I have another plan that is going to require you to actually work. 😛

I currently spend some significant time reinforcing trader bases so that they can stand up to most early non-horde-night attacks long enough for me to take action if I am nearby.

But a random horde hitting that first night is rough when the guards are inactive (bears, nightstalkers or trader jen -- Edit: though today her guards seem to be awake, perhaps because I have been trying to ignore them...), which is why I was asking.

One issue is that vanilla trader bases tend to be flimsy when they're not indestructible.

Edited by VicWint (see edit history)

I don’t think the biological boosts ( the two made from demonic essence) are working at all. I’ve rank 5 for both but  For the accelerated healing, I regenerate no health after being injured by a enemy. And for the gotta go fast, there’s no noticeable increase in running or walking speed. At 50% increase walking speed and 100% increase running speed, those would be very noticeable increases if they were working. 
can anyone one else confirm or deny? 

side note, might of been a missed opportunity to name these perks. Demonic healing and speed demon

19 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Accelerated healing should only kick in when you are lower than 50% health and regens you up to 80 or 90.

Other players have said Gotta Go Fast definitely works. 1 or 2 say it doesn't for some reason.

I do not know if this is related, but I have seen quests sometimes failing to progress when I was doing things which should have completed but did not have that particular quest actively selected.

And, there's a "mcdonald's" poi which has bushes which mostly do not render except when I am close to them.

And, in some densely packed pois, zombies vanish quite often (so I pump the zombie count up to its maximum, which mostly fixes that).

Anyways...

I am trying to say that the game seems to "unload" or "ignore" stuff some of the time, presumably for performance or stability reasons.

28 minutes ago, VicWint said:

I do not know if this is related, but I have seen quests sometimes failing to progress when I was doing things which should have completed but did not have that particular quest actively selected.

And, there's a "mcdonald's" poi which has bushes which mostly do not render except when I am close to them.

And, in some densely packed pois, zombies vanish quite often (so I pump the zombie count up to its maximum, which mostly fixes that).

Anyways...

I am trying to say that the game seems to "unload" or "ignore" stuff some of the time, presumably for performance or stability reasons.

a quest that always fails for me is the "im a lumberjack and thats okay" i kill them with an axe and it still doesnt register so i have to cancel it ><

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

A lot of those errors are also related to compo pack POI's.

Which is why I don't want it in the mod.

But you lot do, for some reason. ;)

Oh... I was just using a map distributed with darkness falls. I did not realize .. whatever I was supposed to have realized.

Edit: but I have also seen non-POI zombies (and other things -- demons, for example) just stand there, doing nothing when I would have expected them to be doing something. So I still think that while a redesigned POI might trigger those issues less often, they are still base game issues.

14 hours ago, Mana said:

Getting sap from trees is not working. With the only other way to make glue being bones this is an issue going forward.

You can't get sap from any tree.

Be sure you try it at the right class of trees.

Just keep the bowls with you and try it somewhere else until you found the right trees.

1 minute ago, Canute said:

You can't get sap from any tree.

Be sure you try it at the right class of trees.

Just keep the bowls with you and try it somewhere else until you found the right trees.

I also just found this out. I know it doesn't work on player planted trees...at least it didn't for me

I have been playing the fist of the north star mod in war of the walkers, but it does not work well in darkness falls. What would i have to do to make it compatible? I get a full discipline tree, and all the perks import well, and even a discipline icon, but punching zombies with the bare fists does not level it.  I am starting to into the xml adjustments but in this case i am completely lost as to what to mess with. 

DF does a lot of things really well. I find that thanks to the traders selling perks, i am inclined to actually go to trader and trader to do their quests just to buy perks. That fixes a balance issue with the main game that i did not realize existed. 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Ok thanks. I tried different trees at various HP's. Will keep trying.

i forgot sap was a thing. am i supposed to see sap in my crafting list? i dont.  *panic

edit: no longer panicking as i realized that i could get sap from trees just like getting water from lakes

Edited by Nickguy5467
im an idiot (see edit history)

so i just finished mechanic quests. yet rank2 didnt unlock. its red and i have no idea what the requirements are. i can also unlock grease monkey 2 according to my current requirements but am unable to do so. anyone run into something like that maybe? unless theres a hiden requirement >.>

edit:  ....uh. can the -1 to attributes from a severe infection cause this?

edit: mk nevermind. i guess your level isnt shown as a requirement but i leveled enough to unlock g monkey 2 fully. guess ill just wait longer to ask things and hopefully embarrass myself less 😛

Edited by Nickguy5467
I remain an idiot (see edit history)

Hey guys im new to this mod. I just downloaded the client and server files and copied them as in the instruction. my problem is i started the game and its just sitting in the "Loading..." screen. I hear the music and all but nothing happens. i see 2 error messages in the console though.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000017 (from typeref, class/assembly RH_Options, Mods, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

does the first startup just take awhile or is there something amiss?

Thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, Krasia said:

Hey guys im new to this mod. I just downloaded the client and server files and copied them as in the instruction. my problem is i started the game and its just sitting in the "Loading..." screen. I hear the music and all but nothing happens. i see 2 error messages in the console though.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000017 (from typeref, class/assembly RH_Options, Mods, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

does the first startup just take awhile or is there something amiss?

Thanks in advance

First, did you install the correct files?  If you are playing SP, you just need to install the client version and install it onto your computer.  The server version is only if you are setting up a server for the DF mod.

Second, make sure that the DF version you downloaded and your 7D2D version match.

Third, make sure all the folders in the zip file were copied over to the correct folders in the 7D2D folder.  A screenshot of your installation would be beneficial right now.

Once you do this, try running it in SP mode only via your client.

These are some initial things to try first.

ndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

^ you installed it over a version of the game that still had RH installed. Get a clean copy.

14 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

ndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

^ you installed it over a version of the game that still had RH installed. Get a clean copy.

oh alright yeah. i had rh installed previously and forgot to clear all folders. well thatones on me but thank u guys XD

I am new to DF, and am trying to make forged steel. I have a crucible and forges but can't make the advanced forge because it requires so much forged steel. The forged steel recipe says it can be made in a regular forge "upgraded with a crucible." There is no slot in my forge for a crucible though. I tried inserting the crucible anyway, or even "upgrading" the forge by using the crucible on it, and by using a claw hammer on it with the crucible in my inventory. Is there something I'm missing? Surely I don't need to obtain 240 forged steel just to make the forge to make forged steel?