Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

37 minutes ago, VicWint said:

The first thing to check is that you installed things properly.

We cannot do that for you. We do not even know which mods you have installed.

i was just wondering if it specified anything you recognized as i cant make anything of it or does it seem that it specifies any mods to me. like it did with others. oh well. thanks anyway

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

i was just wondering if it specified anything you recognized as i cant make anything of it or does it seem that it specifies any mods to me. like it did with others. oh well. thanks anyway

For example, you could go into steam, verify integrity of game files, and then make a copy of that and then install DF in the copy and then see if that works for you. And, if you have other mods installed, make sure that they are not "overhaul" mods. Or you might instead want to use the 7dtd mod launcher (after doing that "verify").

Edited by VicWint (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Nickguy5467 said:

I cant tell what the problem is with this information. like if a mod im using is conflicting or something else. im guessing something is trying to spawn?  😃 thank you for help image.thumb.png.d5dfaa3423148f1cdff6e8c71548205a.png

That looks like the horde night bug I had that I am currently testing a fix for

KhaineeGB First of all congratulations on making 7 Days to Die a better game. Seriously I dont ever even play vanilla anymore. I frakin love this mod.

Now I have a comment that I hope does not fall on deaf ears.

A friend told me you were going to remove the trader guards in future iterations. If that is true it is very distressing to me. Now I bet I can guess why you are going to remove them, that being you are inundated with questions and request from players to help with some problem regarding, ...er..guards.

I have played the base game a million times both SP and MP. But making the trader my base and building structures to keep guards alive at the different outpost has sparked a very new very enjoyable game experience. I do not abuse the system or spam in extras or any of that cheaty stuff. I play it as if were a real world scenario. I have devised ways to keep the guards from clipping down the walls/roofs. but if they die, they die. And I put a turret in its place. It has been the most fun I have had in 7 in a LONG time. And it feels so organic to boot. Now you know your game and those guards would not amount to a hill of beans if blood moons were turned on. I play a very slow 50% experience low loot type game. They ever increasing in difficulty of the non-blood moon attacking hordes works really well in how I play the game. 

But if you do remove them could you please leave the the ability to place them in the DM mode so I can continue to enjoy this mod the way I have found such joy in my selected playstyle.

ps. I am sure you have gotten this request before, but I implore you to be kind to an old recently retired man that is simply giddy with how I have found a playstyle in your mod that is suited perfectly to me. I am not active on these official forums much, but in the steam forums, I go on and on about how much fun this mod is.

Thank you for your consideration.

Are myth's shades supposed to show up in vendor inventory? I'm on day 7 of my latest playthru of DF, and they were in jen's clothing inventory for 1125 dukes. Of course i bought them, but that's just the 2nd time i've ever seen in in all my time of playing DF, and certainly the 1st time they were just for sale, especially for such a cheap price.

1 hour ago, wolfarus said:

Are myth's shades supposed to show up in vendor inventory? I'm on day 7 of my latest playthru of DF, and they were in jen's clothing inventory for 1125 dukes. Of course i bought them, but that's just the 2nd time i've ever seen in in all my time of playing DF, and certainly the 1st time they were just for sale, especially for such a cheap price.

They definitely are not

On 9/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, KhaineGB said:

The guards are 100% going. They won't even be in DM mode as not loading the models will save RAM.

HOWEVER, there is going to be a replacement system for them that requires you to actually do some work... ;)

Ok, I can live with that.

Myself and my friend have been playing this up until day 20, and we've been getting at least 3 screamer hordes per day for the past 6-10 days, and these aren't small hordes either, being like 15-30 zombies strong. I believe our difficulty is one above normal, and it's becoming a huge struggle and obstacle. I like the mod, and I don't remember it being this hard when I last played it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Khaine, are you planning to add weapon/tool mods unique to your mod ? I think it would be nice since you can put more mods to your weapon/tool in DF. In my last savegame i was having a hard time finding more mods for my crossbow, speaking of which i would really love for archery to get more love and viability. Even with titanium arrows i think it doesn't shine with one perk to spend on it while viable other weapons are nice even if it is not in the masteries they still hold on.

If giving archery some love interests you, may i suggest to look at Brazmock Archery mod, with this mod in vanilla i felt powerful enough in end game even if i am still just an archer. I never felt it with your end game archery.

9 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Bandits count towards player kills due to how their entity class is coded.

thats strange because ive only ever killed one bandit out of curiosity *shrug

edit: wait i just confused bandit with guard. um. what are bandits? i dont remember seeing bandits or im just not paying attention

hmm are bandits those roaming npcs that you can see shouting nonsense attacking nearby zombies? i just assumed they were friendly's not "bandits"

5 hours ago, TwiceSwords said:

Khaine, are you planning to add weapon/tool mods unique to your mod ? I think it would be nice since you can put more mods to your weapon/tool in DF. In my last savegame i was having a hard time finding more mods for my crossbow, speaking of which i would really love for archery to get more love and viability. Even with titanium arrows i think it doesn't shine with one perk to spend on it while viable other weapons are nice even if it is not in the masteries they still hold on.

If giving archery some love interests you, may i suggest to look at Brazmock Archery mod, with this mod in vanilla i felt powerful enough in end game even if i am still just an archer. I never felt it with your end game archery.

It already has some unique mods. And yes, I added a few more.

Archery is getting looked at. I slightly increased the sneak damage of bows, increased the damage of steel and titanium arrows and reload speed for crossbows has been added to the archery action skill so you should be able to fire faster.

Also zombies are much more sensitive to noise now, so archery has that bonus due to being pretty quiet.

4 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

anyone else getting player kill achievements  in single player? >.> thats fine with me i just think its strange and i dont know why it happens

Stalkers, Survivors and Bandits add to it.

12 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

It already has some unique mods. And yes, I added a few more.

Archery is getting looked at. I slightly increased the sneak damage of bows, increased the damage of steel and titanium arrows and reload speed for crossbows has been added to the archery action skill so you should be able to fire faster.

Also zombies are much more sensitive to noise now, so archery has that bonus due to being pretty quiet.

Stalkers, Survivors and Bandits add to it.

oh i see. ive killed a bunch of stalkers. i actually never got to see stalkers until i removed the "EnZombies" mod which was conflicting with DF spawns i guess.. thanks

Hello! I'm currently trying to start up a 7d2d server for myself and some friends but I cannot for the life of me get Darkness Falls to work right on my server. Every time I try to start it up and join I get the same error over and over again repeatedly. " ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing " failed Exception: Class BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster! "  I've tried everything I can think of and I'm at a complete loss. Its been 3 hours... I hope someone here knows the fix! My server is running off of Gportal.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, WizardOfOruz said:

Ended up turning down from Nomad to the difficulty below that, even with reducing heat, the hordes were still just too many in number generally, wanna bump it back up when we're more set up.

The difficult just adjust the strenght of the Z's not how many/big the horde's are (so far i know).

You need to reduce the heat much more.

Workstation that run all the day, you should put into a additonal base at another chunk.

When noone is at these base, no screamer will appear there anyway, you just need to pickup/reful 1-2 times the day.

11 hours ago, KarianaRose said:

Hello! I'm currently trying to start up a 7d2d server for myself and some friends but I cannot for the life of me get Darkness Falls to work right on my server. Every time I try to start it up and join I get the same error over and over again repeatedly. " ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing " failed Exception: Class BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster! "  I've tried everything I can think of and I'm at a complete loss. Its been 3 hours... I hope someone here knows the fix! My server is running off of Gportal.

spacer.png

are you installing the local client version like on your computer instead of the server version? i made that mistake at first

heh just covering bases

11 hours ago, KarianaRose said:

spacer.png

Something is installed incorrectly. Make sure the mod works in single player first. If it does, it's a bad server install. Your host might be blocking DLL uploads.