Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, Gorbear said:

I am new to DF, and am trying to make forged steel. I have a crucible and forges but can't make the advanced forge because it requires so much forged steel. The forged steel recipe says it can be made in a regular forge "upgraded with a crucible." There is no slot in my forge for a crucible though. I tried inserting the crucible anyway, or even "upgrading" the forge by using the crucible on it, and by using a claw hammer on it with the crucible in my inventory. Is there something I'm missing? Surely I don't need to obtain 240 forged steel just to make the forge to make forged steel?

kinda funny  as i had this exact problem with the crucible and asked the same question here. you need to upgrade your forge i think. (i suck at remembering things)

edit: didnt know this was answered already. yay interwebs

Edited by Nickguy5467
Im an idiot (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Yeah tried everything. Must be my game.

conflicting mods? i couldnt imagine which. but you could try moving out mods until it works. it sounds like daunting work but if you really want to figure it out. only thing i could think of. well that or reinstalling DF

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

conflicting mods? i couldnt imagine which. but you could try moving out mods until it works. it sounds like daunting work but if you really want to figure it out. only thing i could think of. well that or reinstalling DF

No other mods installed. Not game breaking just a tad more difficult to get glue.

17 hours ago, TwiceSwords said:

When i die and respawn, i instantly die again. This happens indefinitely. Is it because i use 250 slot backpack mod on top of your 96 slot backpack. (and drop on death=nothing)

Ask the author of the 250 slot backpack for a DF version of that mod, or don't use it.

At a overhaul mod, many other mod's don't work (well) anymore.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Yeah tried everything. Must be my game.

I did not have any luck collecting sap until I tried it from a tree that I had hit a couple times with an axe. I think that that particular tree was a 600 hp tree in the snow biome. But I could be remembering wrong.

(And then I found that I did not have much use for the stuff, so I have not gone back to try it again...)

Hey !

I want to play again à 7 days to die, and i stopped during A18.

I loved Starvation discovered the game with this mod.

I'm looking for a mod and maybe DF is the top for that, where i can enjoy farming like orchard, garden, animals, cooking with a lot of recipes. I love radiation and apparently DF has it. Love Massive POI. By now i have to play solo, no time for multi.

DF can please me with all that i said upper ?

Thanks for helping me :)

5 hours ago, Suvinara said:

Out of curiosity, is there a way to use the skin for that flying character in the main menu screen for Darkness falls? They look awesome

Nope

4 hours ago, Nanaki said:

Hey !

I want to play again à 7 days to die, and i stopped during A18.

I loved Starvation discovered the game with this mod.

I'm looking for a mod and maybe DF is the top for that, where i can enjoy farming like orchard, garden, animals, cooking with a lot of recipes. I love radiation and apparently DF has it. Love Massive POI. By now i have to play solo, no time for multi.

DF can please me with all that i said upper ?

Thanks for helping me :)

Animals currently don't work properly. I'm working on that.

Radiation is in but not the same as starvation. In A16, we had an unlimited rad biome. We haven't had that since A17. But the wasteland is radiated (make sure you have PvP on, even in single player, otherwise it doesn't work. This is a vanilla problem)

DF got alot of new plants/trees. And plants need water to grow.

Together with new recipes like paste, orange marmelade toast and orange tea, you have many stuff to try out and feed yourself.

Chicken nest for egg's and animal traps for meat.

Serveral new POI's when you use random generator. There are also pregenerated maps, one number is vanilla only POI the other got got custom POI, but forget which number got what.

But since DF is an overhaul, many other mod's won't work (well) with DF you need to be careful with them.

17 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day Sir KhaineGB

ARE you Ready for A20 ?? .. Looks to be Major update to game at the moment.

The more important question is,

are the DF player ready for the update ?

Specialy the one who use DF with their main 7D2D installation and steam secretly update to A20 ! 🙂

7 minutes ago, Canute said:

The more important question is,

are the DF player ready for the update ?

Specialy the one who use DF with their main 7D2D installation and steam secretly update to A20 ! 🙂

i am worried that steam would force it on me. supposedly i dont have to worry about that till around november? im sure the updates will be great. but i still prefer the style of DF . it will be strange for sure

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

i am worried that steam would force it on me. supposedly i dont have to worry about that till around november? im sure the updates will be great. but i still prefer the style of DF . it will be strange for sure

Then make a complete copy of your games folder and start the game from there (by executing 7dlaucher.exe directly after having started steam in the background).

This is by far the best way if you want to continue playing that world indefinitely. Be careful with deleting save games and start to name your savegames with the specific version you are playing the game with, like "testvanilla20.0" or "newworldDF19.6"