Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi KhaineGB and german speaking Players,

I edited several hundred german translations in /data/config/Localization.txt including some of the most important about classes, etc. While I did it mostly for myself and my family pls feel free to use it for you. I hope it's in time for 19.2.

Down here I added the contents in a spreadsheet with green markings on my edits for an easier review.

Have Fun!

Localization.txt 7d2d-Localization.xlsx

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Hello I am having an issue with darkness falls but Im not sure if its the mods problem or not.

I played the version 3.0 alpha 19 okish but then the new update came out and my friend started a brand new map and such but everytime I join it now it gets stuck at receiving and loading configs

He has done a fresh install as well have I but i keep getting stuck there any help? 

The F1 screen dosnt show anything and what not

11 hours ago, XaLeX12 said:

Is there a way not to use so many repair kits on the auger? 4 is excessive

Nope. I changed the amount the repair kit repairs because the base amount was just excessive. :p It was seriouisly like 30k hp.

9 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Hi KhaineGB and german speaking Players,

I edited several hundred german translations in /data/config/Localization.txt including some of the most important about classes, etc. While I did it mostly for myself and my family pls feel free to use it for you. I hope it's in time for 19.2.

Down here I added the contents in a spreadsheet with green markings on my edits for an easier review.

Have Fun!

Localization.txt 8.77 MB · 0 downloads 7d2d-Localization.xlsx 4.17 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. I actually fixed some localization stuff for 19.2 so i'll have to do a diff compare.

4 hours ago, Lordmou said:

Hello I am having an issue with darkness falls but Im not sure if its the mods problem or not.

I played the version 3.0 alpha 19 okish but then the new update came out and my friend started a brand new map and such but everytime I join it now it gets stuck at receiving and loading configs

He has done a fresh install as well have I but i keep getting stuck there any help? 

The F1 screen dosnt show anything and what not

Can either of you actually play the mod in single player without issues? Because that's where I'd start.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Nope. I changed the amount the repair kit repairs because the base amount was just excessive. :p It was seriouisly like 30k hp.

Thanks. I actually fixed some localization stuff for 19.2 so i'll have to do a diff compare.

Can either of you actually play the mod in single player without issues? Because that's where I'd start.

You say the titanium right? Because the normal one I don't think has that hp

No. I changed the REPAIR KIT because that's how much HP it repairs in vanilla.

Example. This is vanilla 19.2b4.

<item name="resourceRepairKit">
	<property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
	<property name="Tags" value="junk"/>
	<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sackPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="Material" value="Msteel"/>
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="25"/> <!-- STK resourceRepairKit -->
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="186"/>
	<property name="RepairTime" value="3"/>
	<property name="RepairAmount" value="32000"/>
	<property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
</item>

I changed the Repair Amount to 1000.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

To get rid of health bars, go into Mods/0-SphereiiCore and open blocks.xml.

You're looking for this.

<property name="UnlockEnemyHealthBar" value="true" />

Set to false and you're done (only needs to be done on the server).

Scoutsmod fixes an... issue... with screamers. So what happens in A19 vanilla, is your heat gets to 100% and then there's a CHANCE of a screamer spawn. If the screamer does not spawn, it resets your heat back to 0. That mod means 100% heat ALWAYS spawns a screamer (how it used to be).

Forge schematic is pretty common. Chem station... not so much. You got lucky with that. :) Schematics are fairly common, at least for the "lower level" stuff. Not so much for the higher level things.

I see! Thanks!

Also, I think I found a bug in laborer class quests, Part 2

Needed to have 100 flagstone blocks and place 50 (and other parts I already had collected)

I only had cobblestone to craft 52 blocks, and placed 50 of them when the quest passed for some reason.

Good Afternoon,

Hello everyone.  I got with bluefangsolutions for a darkness falls mod server.  Its all setup.

Now every time I log into the server all I get is the index out of range error over and over again.  I deleted their install and uploaded what is listed in the downloads section.  

Can any one help me?  I have removed 7d2d on my machine and all the info under %appdata% and redownloaded it again.

Any idea's why this error keeps popping up or a way to resolve this?  

My friend, who is playing on a mac, is not having this issue on my server at all.

Here is the error

(Filename: <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053> Line: 0)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Inventory.clearHeldItemTransformByIndex (System.Int32 _invIdx) [0x00000] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at Inventory.clearSlotByIndex (System.Int32 _idx) [0x00017] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at Inventory.SetItem (System.Int32 _idx, ItemValue _itemValue, System.Int32 _count) [0x00093] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at Inventory.SetItem (System.Int32 _idx, ItemStack _itemStack) [0x00000] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerStats.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x000f1] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00125] in <b96846cfb0544c2da3579e57837d9053>:0 

In my playerlog its just this over and over again.  I can't even hit f1 to quit out.  I have to alt f4 to quit

Edited by Flipsutter (see edit history)

Since A19.2 is now stable, I just uploaded Darkness Falls V3.2 to go along with it. Changes as follows.

- Updated to A19.2b4.
- Potentially fixed perk bug with Iron/Steel armor schematics.
- Chili dog no longer gives water.
- Fish tacos gives slightly less water.
- Baseball bat schematic removed as it's no longer needed.
- Drastically decreased damage bonus granted by mega crush.
- Increased chance of mega crush dropping.
- Added a VERY small chance for T3 weapons to be found in loot.
- Legendary weapons have additional effects (all non-taza weapons count as laser weapons for demons, porkins shotgun reduces armor of soldiers by 50%, eriks hammer has a 50% chance to proc a shock effect during the day, black sky does extra damage at night)
- Fixed display for Fort Bites, Recog, Beer, Yucca Juice, Red Tea and Mega Crush.
- Re-done all the healing items AGAIN so they work properly with Physician.
- Fixed localization for The Survivor to remove references to increasing perk durations as it doesn't do that, nor is it supposed to.
- Removed reference in localization to Survivor getting a bicycle as a reward.
- Added mannequins to trader lists for folks who want to buy those.
- Fixed laser rifle not being upgradeable beyond 71.
- Fixed Blood Draw Kit not applying the anemia debuff.
- Demons should no longer be able to throw fireballs if underwater.
- Mining Tools 91+ now has a CHANCE to drop rare resources while mining (gold/silver/diamond).
- Lowered XP from mining AGAIN.

- Decreased the amount of cars on "county" roads (the thicker asphalt roads)
- Increased the amount of cars on "city" roads (the thinner asphalt roads)
- Decreased the amount of road "decals" in general.
- Added small rocks to gravel road spawns.
- Removed cars and trash from gravel road spawns.
- Increased chances of animal gore blocks on gravel road spawns.
- Added a Darkness Falls icon for manual installers who wanted a custom shortcut icon.
- Fixed some blocks not dropping titanium when wrenched.
- Fixed Taza's Bow not getting bow sneak damage.
- Added missing I-Beam recipe to the advanced forge.
- Fixed an error with the Tame Wolf AI.
- Reloading weekly book should now properly level all 4 levels of the perk.
- Fixed the god awful noise when driving around the muscle car.
- Increased turning responsiveness, braking torque and uphill traction of the muscle cars (excessively bumpy ground is still an issue but not as bad as it was)
- Added a new Lockpicking book that levels the Lockpicking perk.
- Added a new Crafting book that levels the Quicker Crafting perk.
- Hunger level 3 is now more dangerous.
- Added Craft Time to a LOT of forge recipes so they can't be spammed quite as fast as this was raised as a concern.
- Slightly lowered the physical resistance on transhuman due to comments of it basically making you immortal.

New save not REQUIRED from our testing, but VERY STRONGLY RECOMMENDED since you're going from 19.1 to 19.2. Please bear that in mind.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDENvyjYDPTuiBeqzbeNPTEgrH3EQlFM/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WmnBwLQjWx7HOu8BRVTfAbN0PZcw7BKZ/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

And because it's been happening in discord...

If you are using the mod launcher, you CANNOT just let it "update" the mod and assume you're good. You will be missing the required Steelseries DLL's and get an error that crashes the game.

You MUST download A19.2, make sure it works in Vanilla, THEN patch it with Darkness Falls.

Hey KhaineGB just wanted to say awesome mod my brother and I love playing this. It makes the base game so much better and more interesting. I am having trouble finding a list of all the vehicles in the Darkness Falls mod though. Did you add any additional vehicles into the mod from the base game besides the muscle car? I thought I saw a reference to an armored car somewhere and I wasn't sure if that was just a normal car with more armor or an entirely new vehicle. Also would you know off the top of your head if any of the other vehicle mods out there that add additional vehicles would work fairly well with DF?

Do you mean patch it manually mate?

The mod launcher is looking at the wrong file to install DF.

It uses: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client.git

If I do patch it manually (like I do the server) - will it still launch via the mod launcher or does that mean we no longer use the mod launcher?

Cheers mate as always :)

**UPDATE**

Scrub the above - even though the mod launcher still says 19.1 and v3.1 - when I log into DF it says V3.2 on the menu screen :)

Edited by Adr
Update (see edit history)

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Since A19.2 is now stable, I just uploaded Darkness Falls V3.2 to go along with it. Changes as follows.

- Updated to A19.2b4.
- Potentially fixed perk bug with Iron/Steel armor schematics.
- Chili dog no longer gives water.
- Fish tacos gives slightly less water.
- Baseball bat schematic removed as it's no longer needed.
- Drastically decreased damage bonus granted by mega crush.
- Increased chance of mega crush dropping.
- Added a VERY small chance for T3 weapons to be found in loot.
- Legendary weapons have additional effects (all non-taza weapons count as laser weapons for demons, porkins shotgun reduces armor of soldiers by 50%, eriks hammer has a 50% chance to proc a shock effect during the day, black sky does extra damage at night)
- Fixed display for Fort Bites, Recog, Beer, Yucca Juice, Red Tea and Mega Crush.
- Re-done all the healing items AGAIN so they work properly with Physician.
- Fixed localization for The Survivor to remove references to increasing perk durations as it doesn't do that, nor is it supposed to.
- Removed reference in localization to Survivor getting a bicycle as a reward.
- Added mannequins to trader lists for folks who want to buy those.
- Fixed laser rifle not being upgradeable beyond 71.
- Fixed Blood Draw Kit not applying the anemia debuff.
- Demons should no longer be able to throw fireballs if underwater.
- Mining Tools 91+ now has a CHANCE to drop rare resources while mining (gold/silver/diamond).
- Lowered XP from mining AGAIN.

- Decreased the amount of cars on "county" roads (the thicker asphalt roads)
- Increased the amount of cars on "city" roads (the thinner asphalt roads)
- Decreased the amount of road "decals" in general.
- Added small rocks to gravel road spawns.
- Removed cars and trash from gravel road spawns.
- Increased chances of animal gore blocks on gravel road spawns.
- Added a Darkness Falls icon for manual installers who wanted a custom shortcut icon.
- Fixed some blocks not dropping titanium when wrenched.
- Fixed Taza's Bow not getting bow sneak damage.
- Added missing I-Beam recipe to the advanced forge.
- Fixed an error with the Tame Wolf AI.
- Reloading weekly book should now properly level all 4 levels of the perk.
- Fixed the god awful noise when driving around the muscle car.
- Increased turning responsiveness, braking torque and uphill traction of the muscle cars (excessively bumpy ground is still an issue but not as bad as it was)
- Added a new Lockpicking book that levels the Lockpicking perk.
- Added a new Crafting book that levels the Quicker Crafting perk.
- Hunger level 3 is now more dangerous.
- Added Craft Time to a LOT of forge recipes so they can't be spammed quite as fast as this was raised as a concern.
- Slightly lowered the physical resistance on transhuman due to comments of it basically making you immortal.

New save not REQUIRED from our testing, but VERY STRONGLY RECOMMENDED since you're going from 19.1 to 19.2. Please bear that in mind.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDENvyjYDPTuiBeqzbeNPTEgrH3EQlFM/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WmnBwLQjWx7HOu8BRVTfAbN0PZcw7BKZ/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Thanks for the update. Our server updated to 19.2 as well but the game won't start in the gamelauncher now... yesterday it worked fine so I guess it has sometihng to do with the patch or the launcher?  It won't allow me to access the menu of the game? 

Do we manually have to use the files above, launcher won't update them automatically?

And u advise to reinstall the server again and start all over? 

19 minutes ago, Fren said:

Thanks for the update. Our server updated to 19.2 as well but the game won't start in the gamelauncher now... yesterday it worked fine so I guess it has sometihng to do with the patch or the launcher?  It won't allow me to access the menu of the game? 

Do we manually have to use the files above, launcher won't update them automatically?

We had tp reinstalll the server from scratch (ie clean copy of 19.2 Vanilla) and manually upload all the files - so yes, a restart I'm afraid :)

2 hours ago, Cbass said:

Hey KhaineGB just wanted to say awesome mod my brother and I love playing this. It makes the base game so much better and more interesting. I am having trouble finding a list of all the vehicles in the Darkness Falls mod though. Did you add any additional vehicles into the mod from the base game besides the muscle car? I thought I saw a reference to an armored car somewhere and I wasn't sure if that was just a normal car with more armor or an entirely new vehicle. Also would you know off the top of your head if any of the other vehicle mods out there that add additional vehicles would work fairly well with DF?

Glad you're enjoying it. :) Only the Muscle Cars were added.

I MAY try adding more later now i've played around with them in unity and fixed the god awful sound when driving around.

1 hour ago, Adr said:

Do you mean patch it manually mate?

The mod launcher is looking at the wrong file to install DF.

It uses: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client.git

If I do patch it manually (like I do the server) - will it still launch via the mod launcher or does that mean we no longer use the mod launcher?

Cheers mate as always :)

**UPDATE**

Scrub the above - even though the mod launcher still says 19.1 and v3.1 - when I log into DF it says V3.2 on the menu screen :)

The mod launcher link is actually correct. It uses the .git file to pull a list of files from my git and update with them. The link I posted is those same files, just in a zip to make it easier for users. :)

1 hour ago, Varzii said:

Thanks Khaine!  I wouldn't be playing 7 days to die without it.

Glad you're liking it. :)

1 hour ago, Melen said:

Nevermind. I should really RTFM more carefully. 

I should RTFM just... y'know... in general. :D

38 minutes ago, Megadeatth said:

Hi Khaine, hope you´re doing well.

What does it mean to run it with Vanilla and then patch it with Darkness falls? I mean, what is Vanilla and where can I find it? 

Vanilla = The game downloaded on steam with NO MODS INSTALLED.

34 minutes ago, Fren said:

The launcher probably patched your 19.1 game with 19.2, as stated in my second post after the patch notes.

27 minutes ago, Megadeatth said:

Is it possible to run DF on a map generated by Nitrogen? I read it´s not compatible but I was able to play DF nicely, except from my friend who cannot join my game due to a trader.xml error that appears hundreds of times. Is anyone aware of any fix to it? 

No.

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Make sure you're NOT using a save name that you've used before.

Some folks in discord were complaining about that. New save with completely new name fixed it. I've been unable to reproduce it locally at all.

Created a fully new game with a new name, testing that. Thanks for answer.