Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

10 hours ago, TechieZero said:

I get a lot of wrong hash INF messages when I bring up the server. I guess this is the server saying they aren't the default files? These are the XMLs you touch on? 

That's normal. That's basically the game saying "This is modded"

6 hours ago, kexes said:

I unlocked the future tech crafting at least. I found that the description of the perk says i can craft future technology items up to 30 levels. But i can craft only with one level lower tiers (pics in the spoiler). This is normal? Also found that titanium auger harvest less resources from one block (~250 per block) than the titanium pickaxe (~350 per block) with 5/5 miner 69'er. It is for balance purposes? Because in this case i dont find much worth using it, thanks for the wasting of harvested resources (i dont mind a bit slower harvesting with pickaxe) and especially the continuously spawning screamers.

Reveal hidden contents

perk.thumb.jpg.4bdd7c1b4e1f2e4c4975c7e20193b82d.jpg

perk2.thumb.jpg.d24192e576ea108f318d699e9d93ce19.jpg

Sorry for keep bothering you with my posts, i just want to know the way the mod works :D Some things are not totally clear.

It's just a localization error that should be fixed.

And yes, augers harvest less resources than the pick axe. They're designed for "mass clearance", not resource gathering.

4 hours ago, Zyamaia said:

Hi, first off love the mod.  But I have a question.  I've wrenched dozens of cars but have as of yet gotten any headlights or any of the other special parts to build a car.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm wrenching them if that helps.

That was a bug but I did fix it in the 19.1 version. So as long as you have that, you're ok. It's just a low drop chance.

2 hours ago, Winkiss said:

Hey. Why can't beer quench your thirst?

Grandfather's elixir uses more resources for training in an electric stove than in a fire.

The Coilgun is an electromagnetic weapon, but why does it have shot noise and barrel fire?
You can reduce the flame or add a flame carrier mod.

DFalls-Large1 map completely missing demonic portals, 140 days and none.
Portals in the laboratory also have problems - they do not spawn demons.
Resetting regions can affect portals?

Because alcohol dehydrates you IRL. Pretty sure it's like that in the vanilla game too.
Will have a look at the elixir.
Because I didn't want to add a ton of extra sounds for the coilguns. Also most folks seem to like them.
Demon portals are Biome Deco, not placed by RWG. So it's not that the map is "missing" them, it's that the game didn't want to spawn them.
Portal in the bunker is partially related to max zombie amount. It's... iffy. Most of the time it works (at least for me, but I have my max zombies set to 100-125)
I don't think it will, do.

8 minutes ago, scubahalo said:

What's (no pun intended) the matter, Khaine - you don't want us calling you at home with the same stupid questions over and over again, too? 🤣

Hell no. ;)

Also answering phone calls makes my anxiety worse... so yeah.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That's normal. That's basically the game saying "This is modded"

It's just a localization error that should be fixed.

And yes, augers harvest less resources than the pick axe. They're designed for "mass clearance", not resource gathering.

That was a bug but I did fix it in the 19.1 version. So as long as you have that, you're ok. It's just a low drop chance.

Because alcohol dehydrates you IRL. Pretty sure it's like that in the vanilla game too.
Will have a look at the elixir.
Because I didn't want to add a ton of extra sounds for the coilguns. Also most folks seem to like them.
Demon portals are Biome Deco, not placed by RWG. So it's not that the map is "missing" them, it's that the game didn't want to spawn them.
Portal in the bunker is partially related to max zombie amount. It's... iffy. Most of the time it works (at least for me, but I have my max zombies set to 100-125)
I don't think it will, do.

Hell no. ;)

Also answering phone calls makes my anxiety worse... so yeah.

Hi Khain, im just revert to 19.1. without mod connect good.

But when i install mod it stuck in Loading game data screen..

Any idea to fix this ? 

Thanks

I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere i did a search and didn't find anything.  I noticed the tool tip for chili dogs says 30 food but when i eat one i get 30 food and water.  Not sure if this intended or an error, just thought i would report it.  I can see the logic in something with chili giving both.

Edited by Varzii
wrong word (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Varzii said:

I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere i did a search and didn't find anything.  I noticed the tool tip for chili dogs says 30 food but when i eat one i get 30 food and water.  Not sure if this intended or an error, just thought i would report it.  I can see the logic in something with chili giving both.

Known and fixed for next build.

1 hour ago, kexes said:

The compound crossbow does not accepting the laser battery mod. Other weapons like compound bow and titanium crossbow accepts it, only the comp crossbow does not.

Will look into it. I think that might be intended so you HAVE to use those two for it.

I'm currently playing darkness falls v3.1, base version α19.1b8. Currently on the 33rd day, level 137. Since there are no red books in the class mastery, I am creating generic skill notes while raising the level and using skill points to acquire masters in each class.

However, using generic skill notes, starting a quest now throws a NullReferenceException.
Once it starts to occur, it will always be reproduced.
I tried rebooting, but it doesn't improve.
What should I do?

18 hours ago, Megadeatth said:

Hi Khaine, just wondering if the big fancy towers are gone... I don´t seem to find them in any map, nor the premade 3 lvl horde base... Are they gone for good? 

The compo pack ones? Probably. RWG also just doesn't really spawn big towers atm for some reason.

11 hours ago, XaLeX12 said:

Is this normal in day 14?

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

10 hours ago, XaLeX12 said:

The wandering hordes break the concrete as if it were plasticine.

Looks about right. Also zombies do more damage based on how many of them are in an area (found that in the DLL last night)

2 hours ago, JunkTurretJunky said:

I'm currently playing darkness falls v3.1, base version α19.1b8. Currently on the 33rd day, level 137. Since there are no red books in the class mastery, I am creating generic skill notes while raising the level and using skill points to acquire masters in each class.

However, using generic skill notes, starting a quest now throws a NullReferenceException.
Once it starts to occur, it will always be reproduced.
I tried rebooting, but it doesn't improve.
What should I do?

Are you using them from slots 11-15? If so, that's why. Use them from 1-10 instead.

2 hours ago, Bat0206 said:

Hello, i have see a vendor who you give the quest The Proof but when i take the quest the game crash and not give a reponse.

What is this quest do?

I assume you mean one of eve's quests (The Test, The Favour, The Reward).

Haven't had any issues with them myself. What map are you using?

Hi @KhaineGB I have a question about farming am I missing something I have a 3 x 3 pool of water right next to my irrigation pump which connects to straight pumps and ends at a T which I split off both left and right connect a straight pipe to the t on either side.  Then connecting another t to come back up the line and ending in a cap.  The other direction connects to another t and following the same pattern but having a pump every third row.  The issue is, is nothing is growing.  As a side note do I now need to plant mushrooms on crop plots to get them to grow also?

On 10/14/2020 at 2:00 AM, KhaineGB said:

The compo pack ones? Probably. RWG also just doesn't really spawn big towers atm for some reason.

Looks about right. Also zombies do more damage based on how many of them are in an area (found that in the DLL last night)

Are you using them from slots 11-15? If so, that's why. Use them from 1-10 instead.

I assume you mean one of eve's quests (The Test, The Favour, The Reward).

Haven't had any issues with them myself. What map are you using?

Hello, Yes exactly this mision, i use the DFalls Large Map.

Edited by Bat0206 (see edit history)