Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hey Khaine when you were trying to adjust the small changes to the repository is there a chance that the game went back to 3.02?

I know I was on 3.1 and then about 24 hours ago I noticed it was 3.02 again after a pre-sync.  The splash screen says it's back on 3.1 now but I'm worried my save game might have got affected.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:27 AM, KhaineGB said:

Lucky looter isn't intended to increase looting speed. It increase the amount of stuff found. Fast Eddie increases speed.

Self Medicated sort-of works, but it works on pills, not bandages and stuff. NORMAL painkillers were bugged which I have fixed.

Demolition Expert is bugged in A19. 

In description "Lucky Looter" says that it increases looting speed same.

I can't say anything about medicine stuff, but "Self-Medicated" definitely doesn't work for drugs, although the description says it.

Demolition Expert is bugged in A19 - I don't quite understand what you mean. I had to download vanilla A19 to check - everything is fine there. We fixed it simply by replacing the configuration lines in the DF at lines from the vanilla - and everything began to work fine, Demolition Expert no longer increased damage from all sources.
What do we have now: Laser Pistol deals 165 damage. With Demolition Expert - ~200! It's not balanced.

There is something else that I forgot to write: perk "Better Barter" - secret stash at the trader it works incorrectly. Vanilla has three levels secret stash, in DF - one. I noticed it long ago, this is an intentional decision? 

8 hours ago, Arg said:

Hi, we're having problems running this witht he new update, everything goes fine till someone uses the new hotbar slots then next time they log in it says

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Inventory.clearHeldItemTransformByIndex (System.Int32 _invIdx) [0x00000] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at Inventory.clearSlotByIndex (System.Int32 _idx) [0x00017] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at Inventory.SetItem (System.Int32 _idx, ItemValue _itemValue, System.Int32 _count) [0x00093] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at Inventory.SetSlots (ItemStack[] _slots, System.Boolean _allowSettingDummySlot) [0x00004] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at PlayerDataFile.ToPlayer (EntityPlayer _player) [0x0009a] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at GameManager.RequestToSpawnPlayer (ClientInfo _cInfo, System.Int32 _chunkViewDim, PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x002a3] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at NetPackageRequestToSpawnPlayer.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00007] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

in the web console and wont let then in , it'lll just hang for them on  loading character, we had a new player who didnt have the problem move an item to the new slots and relog to repeat the problem and same thing happened, any ideas?

(ps love the mod it's ace)

You'd got the old 10 slot toolbelt dll in your /mods/1-darknessfalls/harmony folder. Needs to be deleted. Also needs to be checked on the server.

7 hours ago, user2010 said:

Downloaded version 3.02!
Doesn't work after splash screen with game cursor! Music plays and that's it!
1. Deleted the client
2. Installed the client on a new one.
3.Checked it works.
4. Installed mod - does not work.
Version 3.01 worked.
A clipping from the lies of mistakes!

Hide contents

Mono path[0] = 'E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2019.2.17f1 (8e603399ca02)
[XR] Discovering subsystems at path E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/UnitySubsystems
Forcing GfxDevice: Direct3D 11
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ID=0x1c02)
    Vendor:   
    VRAM:     2988 MB
    Driver:   26.21.14.4575
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  0.173 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.
<RI> Input initialized.
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 0.605200 ms
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.017 INF [Steamworks.NET] SteamAPI_Init() ok
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.060 INF NET: InitCallbacks
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.071 INF Texture quality is set to 0
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.072 INF Precaching...
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.076 INF Precaching file: 7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.136 INF [EAC] Not loading, not started from launcher
TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000009 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEngine.Input, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000009 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEngine.Input, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

The last three lines are repeated ad infinitum, until they forcefully interrupt the game.

At the end of the file, these lines

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 3908 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 4048 -> priority: 1 

I mean, the mod is on 3.1 now, not 3.02. My guess is you're installing 3.1 on A19.0.

6 hours ago, Tanelor said:

I got completionist in 3.02. Rather than taking your advice and taking a break, I'm loving 3.1. Thanks for your hard work and responsiveness!

You madman. ;)

5 hours ago, Drizzt said:

So I found the 3.1 DF download links a few pages back. Followed the install instructions on pg 1 (For Mac). Started it. It seems good so far.. haven't generated a map yet. This is my question now. I saw different map sizes before with ..Pregen DF maps? I don't seem to have those choices available. I have Navasgane, New Random World, Pregen 01, Pregen 02, and Pregen 03.

aren't there small - Xl DF maps?

Edited: The step on the first page that mentions to copy the config, Prefabs, and UMATextures to their respective files in the game on my computers hard drive and does not mention the Bundles, and worlds folders. Using my supreme intellect I did the same with those two folders and now I can load up to the world without the crazy amount of errors that were showing up before and I had the other world gen sizes I mentioned previously. Looks like it  should work so far. Got to install it on the wires computer and go kill some zombies! Thanks.

Oh yeah, I forgot to update the front page saying it.s 3.1 for 19.1. Thanks for the reminder.

Check the worlds folder. There's folders in there starting DFalls-. Vsmall is 6k, small is 8k, medium is 10k, large is 12k, xlarge is 16k. Maps starting with 1 have compo pack included. Maps starting with 2 don't.

That's to help folks who may not have a lot of RAM.

4 hours ago, belowzeros said:

Hey Khaine when you were trying to adjust the small changes to the repository is there a chance that the game went back to 3.02?

I know I was on 3.1 and then about 24 hours ago I noticed it was 3.02 again after a pre-sync.  The splash screen says it's back on 3.1 now but I'm worried my save game might have got affected.

Nope. I actually haven't uploaded anything to the repo in over a day.

6 minutes ago, Witchmaster said:

In description "Lucky Looter" says that it increases looting speed same.

I can't say anything about medicine stuff, but "Self-Medicated" definitely doesn't work for drugs, although the description says it.

Demolition Expert is bugged in A19 - I don't quite understand what you mean. I had to download vanilla A19 to check - everything is fine there. We fixed it simply by replacing the configuration lines in the DF at lines from the vanilla - and everything began to work fine, Demolition Expert no longer increased damage from all sources.
What do we have now: Laser Pistol deals 165 damage. With Demolition Expert - ~200! It's not balanced.

There is something else that I forgot to write: perk "Better Barter" - secret stash at the trader it works incorrectly. Vanilla has three levels secret stash, in DF - one. I noticed it long ago, this is an intentional decision? 

Then most of that is just localization.

I'll double check demo expert but no-one reported any issues with it. And I know for a FACT that self medicated isn't bugged because we tested the crap out of it.

And there's still 3 levels of secret stash, but you need Better Barter and Charismatic Nature to get ALL of them. No it doesn't work incorrectly. It works how I want it to work.

Hey Khaine I followed your instructions regarding the 10 slot tool belt causing issues with starting up the game.  I checked my game client and I had the 15 slot file.  So, I checked our server and it had the 10 slot file.  I deleted the file which promptly crashed the server on start up...no worries I uninstalled the mod and the game on the server and then reinstalled.  I rechecked the locations /mods/1-darknessfalls/harmony for the 10 slot file and it was no longer installed.  I restarted the server and loaded in the navezgane map for some testing.  I entered and exited the game several times without problem.  However if I moved stuff around in the tool belt passed the 10 th slot and left it there when I exited then the game would stall at creating player on the next restart.  Is it possible for this file to be installed in another folder  or file location or does the possibility exist that the  15 slot backpack dll file is corrupt?  I know you are working overtime with this new mod launch so thanks for all your support.  Everyone here at Chalk 4 loves this mod.  Thanks for keeping a 7d2d interesting and fresh with the mod work.

Update to my recent post.... I tried some testing on our server with the navezgane map and determined that if you use the toolbelt but move your items out of slots 11-15 before you exit then you will be able to come back into the game without problem.  If you leave stuff in those slots then your player will not load and you are stuck at the creating player screen.  Alternatively if you load the game locally and use those same slots  you will have no problems loading your character if anything is in them.  So it is a server side problem but I have no clue where.  Is that 15 slot dll file loaded any where else in a server install? 

can someone please post the correct download link to this page please so that i know i have the correct download. and then i would very much appreciate it if some one could explain in complete dummy english how to install this mod.

i have tried extracting the files to my 7dtd folder and replacing existing files but game gives me black screen on load up.

i then tried opening the game from the application within the 7dtd folder and it loaded up - did all the settings and it started to load the new game but threw a billion errors at me and would not load the game. some of the errors were to do with missing or cant read prefabs and alot were nul reference.

some serious help would be most appreciated here as the DF mod looks so awsome  i just want to play it asap

thanks

as seen some posts earlier:

---cut here---

Due to quest changes, forge changes and the fact we're going from 19.0 to 19.1, A RESTART/WIPE IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED! You have been warned.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SNRqpsfbE0HtOsDfuFPyNZjpIRaAyTRq/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n3BEElWeCwSeLUnae76pm-6rjqw59z9M/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

2 hours ago, calbo2020 said:

Update to my recent post.... I tried some testing on our server with the navezgane map and determined that if you use the toolbelt but move your items out of slots 11-15 before you exit then you will be able to come back into the game without problem.  If you leave stuff in those slots then your player will not load and you are stuck at the creating player screen.  Alternatively if you load the game locally and use those same slots  you will have no problems loading your character if anything is in them.  So it is a server side problem but I have no clue where.  Is that 15 slot dll file loaded any where else in a server install? 

Nope, it's not. Its only in that folder.

I'm so tempted to just say "This mod is for SP only" because I am absolutely sick of server-only issues.

59 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

as seen some posts earlier:

---cut here---

Due to quest changes, forge changes and the fact we're going from 19.0 to 19.1, A RESTART/WIPE IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED! You have been warned.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SNRqpsfbE0HtOsDfuFPyNZjpIRaAyTRq/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n3BEElWeCwSeLUnae76pm-6rjqw59z9M/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

^ that. First page also links to git, which I always keep updated. I just forgot to update version number and that it's for 19.1.

Ok, the server issue is officially on my "Cannot reproduce" list. This is what I just did.

Grabbed clean 7DTD client AND server from steam.
Patched with my git repo files.
Edited my server config to password it, pick a DF map, etc.
Booted the server.
Booted the game, logged in.
Ran around, grabbed loads of fruit and veg, threw them into slots 11-15 on my toolbelt.
Logged out, closed the game.
Rebooted the game, logged back into the server. Ran to the trader, finished my quest.
Logged out of the game and shut down the server.
Rebooted the server, rebooted the game and logged back in.

Absolutely no Creating Player issues. So I would get your clients to check they don't have the bad DLL file.

I'm trying to understand the use of tags on guns in items.xml.

Each gun class have a buyable perk that depend on that class action skill. They go as following:

Pistol: "The Qutlaw"

Shotgun: "Boom Stick "

Rifles:  "This Is My Rifle"

Automatics:"Better Lead Than Dead"

Both perkBoomstick and perkBetterLeadThanDead is added to <property name="Tags" (items.xml) for shotguns and automatics.

So I wonder why isn't perkThisIsMyRifle and perkTheOutlaw added to <property name="Tags" (items.xml) for rifles and pistols, the same way as for shoguns and automatics?

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, nhldman said:

I try to start the game and get a null reference error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and deleting everything 7 days to die on my pc and cannot seem to fix it. 

output_log__2020-09-25__20-06-54.txt 1.69 MB · 1 download

I'm not very good with this, but it failed to load many files because of missing items/blocks and more. I think you have old files or mods that dont belong. Dont use any mod when starting this mod, most mods is not compatible. Add mods later if wanted.
If it was me I go back to backup of game (or delete all files and use verify files in steam), and make sure Im using right alpha version of the game for correct version of Darkness falls. But as said Im not very good with this.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

we are having an issue with our server letting us in the game and plays fine, the first time someone logs out, they can no longer get back into the server, its sticks on creating player screen.

Any ideas? its a bluefang solutions server, i can play solo games fine, its only when we log off then try to get back into the server we have issues. 

If i go an wipe the player [profile from the server, then we can get back n fine.

12 hours ago, xxx73 said:

I'm trying to understand the use of tags on guns in items.xml.

Each gun class have a buyable perk that depend on that class action skill. They go as following:

Pistol: "The Qutlaw"

Shotgun: "Boom Stick "

Rifles:  "This Is My Rifle"

Automatics:"Better Lead Than Dead"

Both perkBoomstick and perkBetterLeadThanDead is added to <property name="Tags" (items.xml) for shotguns and automatics.

So I wonder why isn't perkThisIsMyRifle and perkTheOutlaw added to <property name="Tags" (items.xml) for rifles and pistols, the same way as for shoguns and automatics?

I remember I was messing with that to try and make the perks display properly on the item, but couldn't get it to work, so didn't bother. It doesn't actually matter.

10 hours ago, nhldman said:

I try to start the game and get a null reference error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and deleting everything 7 days to die on my pc and cannot seem to fix it. 

output_log__2020-09-25__20-06-54.txt 1.69 MB · 2 downloads

2020-09-25T20:08:02 66.108 ERR Model '#Entities/Vehicles?Truck/ambulanceTruck01Prefab.prefab' not found on block with name cntAmbulanceTruck01
2020-09-25T20:08:02 66.108 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
2020-09-25T20:08:02 66.109 EXC Model '#Entities/Vehicles?Truck/ambulanceTruck01Prefab.prefab' not found on block with name cntAmbulanceTruck01

You installed on 19.0, not 19.1.

5 hours ago, Papabundy said:

we are having an issue with our server letting us in the game and plays fine, the first time someone logs out, they can no longer get back into the server, its sticks on creating player screen.

Any ideas? its a bluefang solutions server, i can play solo games fine, its only when we log off then try to get back into the server we have issues. 

If i go an wipe the player [profile from the server, then we can get back n fine.

Affected players still have the 10 slot toolbelt.dll file present, which i've now said several times in this thread.

Good morning :) Im having a serious problem with mining titanium. I hear the *ting but no titanium goes in my inventory. It also doesnt show on main screen the +10 added. Everything else works fine., rock sand plutonium, uranium etc. Its just titanium thats the problem. Is there a file i can download or is this something my server need to do? Thanks

Edited by katitude1965
typo (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, katitude1965 said:

Good morning :) Im having a serious problem with mining titanium. I hear the *ting but no titanium goes in my inventory. It also doesnt show on main screen the +10 added. Everything else works fine., rock sand plutonium, uranium etc. Its just titanium thats the problem. Is there a file i can download or is this something my server need to do? Thanks

There was ONE typo in the blocks.xml that stopped it dropping. I did push the file to git, but you just need this.

It has to go on the server.

blocks.xml