Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

And then people would be going "WHEN 19.1 UPDATE???"

No. I have to stay current with the game.

And aside from 3 small issues, no-one else has complained. One was gitlab screwing up, one was a typo on my part which the game didn't register as an error... for some reason... and one is completely random and you can work around it.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

2 hours ago, belowzeros said:

..."Due to quest changes, forge changes and the fact we're going from 19.0 to 19.1, A RESTART/WIPE IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED! You have been warned."

yes I did read that thanks, if you read my post properly you'll see that I'm aware that my game may well be broken somewhere I haven't explored yet. Just becasue it seems ok for me doesnt mean it will be for anyone else. But like I say, its worth a try before you delete your save games 😉

Hi. I totally love this mod for 7 days but yesterday my friends and I where struggling with the updates. I host the game and they join me usually.

After some new installing and shenanigans we were finally able to play together again.

there is just an issue for me that when I or my friends use one of the last 4 hotbar slots I’m getting error messages. Damn I forgot which one. But I keeps popping up and I can do nothing.

And it seems like I can’t put customised fittings into power armor.

Is that intended? In 19.0 it worked just fine.

I‘ll add the error message after work today.

greetings from Germany

Edited by DuRaN (see edit history)

@KhaineGB is it possible to download the 3.02 version somehow? We started our world with 3.00, currently on 3.01, and our only issue is the demon fireball bug which drives us crazy. We really want to fix it with the 3.02 version, but we were on holiday when you released it, and now only the 3.1 available, which requires a new world and we don't want to start over on our dedicated server.

@KhaineGB First off, this mod is awesome. Two friends and I have played it three times now, on two different versions. Thank you.

Secondly, so a friend accidentally pre-sync'd his game before playing and is on version 19.1. Is there any way for him to get back to 19.0? We are using the 7D2D mod launcher and it seems to always go to the current version. Is going back to different versions something you could add in the future? It was just getting interesting and now it looks like we have to start over.

Thanks!

William

Edited by William31883 (see edit history)

How to fix the 7d2d 19.1 loading error

Fun Pimps recently updated 7 days to die to alpha 19.1 and the Devs at Darkness Falls Mod followed suit just as many of the other mod developers will do as well.  However, a problem was introduced to the game which prevents it from loading.  Specifically:  the game load process stalls at the “creating character” step.    I have not identified the exact folder or file but with the help of several members of Chalk 4  I have identified a broad fix that eliminates the problem.  This fix requires the user to uninstall the Steam Client, 7d2d mod launcher and Darkness falls Mod and the 7d2d game.  This will require the use of Revo Uninstaller in order to achieve a clean uninstall.  You can download the uninstaller here  https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Download and install Revo before you attempt any uninstall of Steam or 7d2d or the Mod launcher.

Read all of the listed instructions before you attempt this.  Failure to follow these instructions could break your windows operating system and require a complete system install.

1:           Uninstall the Darkness Falls Mod at the mod launcher by opening the mod launcher, highlight the darkness falls mod and then press delete all.

2.           Open Revo and let it find all the installed programs.  Select the 7d2d Mod launcher and press uninstall.  After Revo removes the programs you will be offered to scan the system and look for registry entries left behind.  Select scan and when the scan is complete select all and delete.  Revo will then scan for  program files left behind.  Repeat the process.  Select Delete all.

3:           Using Revo uninstall the 7d2d game.  Repeat the steps outlined above to remove all file and registry entries left behind.

4            Using Revo uninstall your steam client.  Repeat the steps outlined above to remove all file and registry entries left behind.

5.           Open file explorer for windows and navigate to  trhe C  drive.  Delete the 7d2d folder if it is still there.  It will appear at the top of the listing if it is still present.

6.           At the top of the screen click on file and select change folder and search options.  Select the view tab and then select show hidden files, folders and drives.

7.           Chose the folder options.  Click on the  C  drive and select users / your name / or the profile the game is installed under and then open the AppData Folder.

8.           Locate any folders in the Local, Local Low and Roaming main folders identified as 7d2d Mod launcher,  7 Days to Die, Fun Pimps or Steam and delete them. Warning: Do not delete the Local, Local Low or Roaming folders or any other folders except those listed above as you will break your windows operating system and be unable to boot.  Close the file explorer and restart your system.

9.           After restart:  Reinstall your Steam Client, 7days to die game and 7d2d Mod launcher.  Install the game in the launcher by downloading the client from steam using latest experimental version.  Install the mod by pre synching the mod.  Make sure you install Alpha 19.1 not 19.0

The game will now run without the load screen hang when you are using Alpha 19.1 and Darkness Falls.

Edited by calbo2020 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, DuRaN said:

Hi. I totally love this mod for 7 days but yesterday my friends and I where struggling with the updates. I host the game and they join me usually.

After some new installing and shenanigans we were finally able to play together again.

there is just an issue for me that when I or my friends use one of the last 4 hotbar slots I’m getting error messages. Damn I forgot which one. But I keeps popping up and I can do nothing.

And it seems like I can’t put customised fittings into power armor.

Is that intended? In 19.0 it worked just fine.

I‘ll add the error message after work today.

greetings from Germany

I assume the error is when you try to use an item that gives a quest? In which case, I know about it and i am looking into it.

Fittings not going in power armor is intended.

7 hours ago, kloudwork said:

@KhaineGB is it possible to download the 3.02 version somehow? We started our world with 3.00, currently on 3.01, and our only issue is the demon fireball bug which drives us crazy. We really want to fix it with the 3.02 version, but we were on holiday when you released it, and now only the 3.1 available, which requires a new world and we don't want to start over on our dedicated server.

I have a backup of the files on Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=4

5 hours ago, XaLeX12 said:

It is normal that screamers appear all the time when I do not have the forge on and also a lot of special zombies appear at all times, they kill me and after a while they reappear. 

Depends what you're doing?

5 hours ago, William31883 said:

@KhaineGB First off, this mod is awesome. Two friends and I have played it three times now, on two different versions. Thank you.

Secondly, so a friend accidentally pre-sync'd his game before playing and is on version 19.1. Is there any way for him to get back to 19.0? We are using the 7D2D mod launcher and it seems to always go to the current version. Is going back to different versions something you could add in the future? It was just getting interesting and now it looks like we have to start over.

Thanks!

William

Going back to other versions via launcher? No. But I do try to keep a backup on nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=4

1 hour ago, rommel64 said:

Khaine when I apply mods to the power armor the radiation protection level goes down, I know you told me once before that percentage number doesn't mean anything I was wondering if that same case. Thanks

Yeah, it's just the display cvar derping out. You can just take all the armor off and put it back on and that should fix it.

1 hour ago, rommel64 said:

Khaine when I apply mods to the power armor the radiation protection level goes down, I know you told me once before that percentage number doesn't mean anything I was wondering if that same case. Thanks

I was wondering about that also. Never heard that about the percentage #, was in the irradiated area showing no percentage, removed my jacket and immediately started taking damage and died so that makes sense. if so then modding the armor w/o losing protection might be possible after all, thanks for the info. 

Found this pit on DFalls-Xlarge1 map on a top of a hill, just north from the desert biome. Kinda scary :D I almost fell in it... These maps are generated with Nitrogen? I found strange how hills and mountains are generated on these maps, they usually not smoothed like in vanilla RWG, they just like built from dirt stairs :D

20200924150511_1.jpg

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

Good day. I have a problem with the forges. I updated the game client to 19.1 and the mod to 3.1, But there is no place in the forges where you need to put materials for melting. Deleted everything that was: 7D2DModLauncher, Steam, mod, save and all folders. And nothing helped. There are no cells for melting in any forge. Tell me how to fix it.

forge.jpg

Hi this mod is not working for me.

i copied my config folder as back up and i verified files to make it vanila.

i follwed the instructions to install it and when i load the game i get black screen. 

i tried turning off easy anti cheat and the game wont even attempt to start.

not sure why theres so much messing about to make this work. why cant it be so that we can just drag and drop the folders and replace existing ? job done start game,

please can you help me fix this so i can play this awsome mod

1 hour ago, kexes said:

Found this pit on DFalls-Xlarge1 map on a top of a hill, just north from the desert biome. Kinda scary :D I almost fell in it... These maps are generated with Nitrogen? I found strange how hills and mountains are generated on these maps, they usually not smoothed like in vanilla RWG, they just like built from dirt stairs :D

20200924150511_1.jpg

Nope. That's vanilla RWG.

Not kidding.

57 minutes ago, Swist75 said:

Good day. I have a problem with the forges. I updated the game client to 19.1 and the mod to 3.1, But there is no place in the forges where you need to put materials for melting. Deleted everything that was: 7D2DModLauncher, Steam, mod, save and all folders. And nothing helped. There are no cells for melting in any forge. Tell me how to fix it.

forge.jpg

Found someone else who didn't read the release notes... 😛

Thats how forges are supposed to work.

57 minutes ago, Kevin1000 said:

Hi this mod is not working for me.

i copied my config folder as back up and i verified files to make it vanila.

i follwed the instructions to install it and when i load the game i get black screen. 

i tried turning off easy anti cheat and the game wont even attempt to start.

not sure why theres so much messing about to make this work. why cant it be so that we can just drag and drop the folders and replace existing ? job done start game,

please can you help me fix this so i can play this awsome mod

I mean, I do exactly what you said you want to be able to do. Drag and drop 3 folders, hit overwrite, start the game without EAC, done.

https://youtu.be/hFP8LvvvUGQ

58 minutes ago, Swist75 said:

forge.jpg

The way forges work has been changed. You don't need to smelt materials now - materials needed will just be directly taken from your inventory. So, for instance, you need some clay and iron in your backpack in order to make some nails in the forge.

44 minutes ago, Sneakypeek said:

The way forges work has been changed. You don't need to smelt materials now - materials needed will just be directly taken from your inventory. So, for instance, you need some clay and iron in your backpack in order to make some nails in the forge.

Oops... So first you need to turn things into scrap, and then do the melting?

Edited by Swist75 (see edit history)

Hi, we're having problems running this witht he new update, everything goes fine till someone uses the new hotbar slots then next time they log in it says

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Inventory.clearHeldItemTransformByIndex (System.Int32 _invIdx) [0x00000] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at Inventory.clearSlotByIndex (System.Int32 _idx) [0x00017] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at Inventory.SetItem (System.Int32 _idx, ItemValue _itemValue, System.Int32 _count) [0x00093] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at Inventory.SetSlots (ItemStack[] _slots, System.Boolean _allowSettingDummySlot) [0x00004] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at PlayerDataFile.ToPlayer (EntityPlayer _player) [0x0009a] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at GameManager.RequestToSpawnPlayer (ClientInfo _cInfo, System.Int32 _chunkViewDim, PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x002a3] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at NetPackageRequestToSpawnPlayer.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00007] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0 

in the web console and wont let then in , it'lll just hang for them on  loading character, we had a new player who didnt have the problem move an item to the new slots and relog to repeat the problem and same thing happened, any ideas?

(ps love the mod it's ace)

Downloaded version 3.02!
Doesn't work after splash screen with game cursor! Music plays and that's it!
1. Deleted the client
2. Installed the client on a new one.
3.Checked it works.
4. Installed mod - does not work.
Version 3.01 worked.
A clipping from the lies of mistakes!

Spoiler

Mono path[0] = 'E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2019.2.17f1 (8e603399ca02)
[XR] Discovering subsystems at path E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/UnitySubsystems
Forcing GfxDevice: Direct3D 11
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ID=0x1c02)
    Vendor:   
    VRAM:     2988 MB
    Driver:   26.21.14.4575
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  0.173 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.
<RI> Input initialized.
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 0.605200 ms
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.017 INF [Steamworks.NET] SteamAPI_Init() ok
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.060 INF NET: InitCallbacks
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.071 INF Texture quality is set to 0
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.072 INF Precaching...
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.076 INF Precaching file: 7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets
2020-09-25T02:54:24 0.136 INF [EAC] Not loading, not started from launcher
TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000009 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEngine.Input, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000009 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEngine.Input, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

The last three lines are repeated ad infinitum, until they forcefully interrupt the game.

At the end of the file, these lines

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 3908 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 4048 -> priority: 1 

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I want to install this tonight and I haven’t had a chance to look into it outside of being at work. Is the link on page 1 of this post the most up-to-date version of darkness falls? If not where can I get it? What version of alpha does this work with because I think 19.3? Just came out as stable?

2 hours ago, Drizzt said:

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I want to install this tonight and I haven’t had a chance to look into it outside of being at work. Is the link on page 1 of this post the most up-to-date version of darkness falls? If not where can I get it? What version of alpha does this work with because I think 19.3? Just came out as stable?

So I found the 3.1 DF download links a few pages back. Followed the install instructions on pg 1 (For Mac). Started it. It seems good so far.. haven't generated a map yet. This is my question now. I saw different map sizes before with ..Pregen DF maps? I don't seem to have those choices available. I have Navasgane, New Random World, Pregen 01, Pregen 02, and Pregen 03.

aren't there small - Xl DF maps?

Edited: The step on the first page that mentions to copy the config, Prefabs, and UMATextures to their respective files in the game on my computers hard drive and does not mention the Bundles, and worlds folders. Using my supreme intellect I did the same with those two folders and now I can load up to the world without the crazy amount of errors that were showing up before and I had the other world gen sizes I mentioned previously. Looks like it  should work so far. Got to install it on the wires computer and go kill some zombies! Thanks.

Edited by Drizzt
Updated info (see edit history)