Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

7 minutes ago, cessp210 said:

Me again. I did what you suggested and hit pre sync. It finished, and when I hit the play mod button it copied everything again! I don't get it.

We only have Darkness Falls installed, no modlets.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Save yourself some headaches and install the mod manually. It's so easy, I don't know why people use that buggy mod launcher .

7 hours ago, mahican said:

Is the current version compatible with 19.1 experimental build? Anyone tried it?

No. Testers have a test version though.

General rule of thumb: If a new 7DTD version just came out, there's a VERY good chance DF won't work on it because I need to recompile all the DLL's.

4 hours ago, user2010 said:

Is there something wrong!
I'll start with the main thing!
Spurs any soldier or anyone who risks his life with a weapon, you will not be understood!
A weapon that kills from the 30th shot !! THIS IS NOT A WEAPON!

Is it really hard to understand ??? I understand you children!
I understand that all your knowledge is DOOM, but you still need to think!
1. Weapon of the 1st grade - must kill initial zombies with 1-3 shots,
2. Weapons of the 2nd grade of ferrals
3. Green Ferrals Raid 3 Weapon!

Difficulty should not be determined by the number of bullets fired!
You need to make the monsters kill the player, on a simple level from 2-5 times, on average from 2-3 hits and on a difficult level 1-2 hits!

Played on high difficulty! For those who do not understand, this is 300% of experience!

On the first (7) night, 600 zombies came !!!!!!!!!!!!
Half of them are Banshees!
After the end of the horde, chants - Banshees - from 4 am to 7 am Shouted 570 green ferrals !!
It would be more! How can you kill 100 zombies if you need 20-30 shots for each? No weapon is capable of this!
I'm not an idiot! I took out the gun of the developers and killed everything!
In the radioactive zone, chants (banshees) screamed 1200! Zombies, and they walked, sewed, walked!
I couldn't run away, it was no longer a game but a turn-based strategy!
Again, a gun from a creotiv, from the developers, solved all the problems!
It only means odon! RAVE!
The firepower is simply not enough! I had all kinds of weapons, with armor-piercing bullets!
4. It is necessary to change the loot system, at high levels I am able to make red weapons and things!
In the loot, as before, only purple!
And why should I farm?

5.Degradation of weapons during repair-nonsense!
I just carry a spare set of kars weapons with me!
Repaired, it dropped to purple, I immediately take out the mods and insert them into the spare!
There is no point in repairing, everything loses in price very much. For all the passage I did not use the repair kit NEVER !!! What for???

If I didn't know before that there were suits with radioactive shielding, I ran to this area without him!
Now, everything is extremely simple.
Why do I need this zone ?? Yes, once I climbed into the bunker, found a laser workbench, and made a laser workbench on it! ALL!
 Why do I need to run to this area? Why search for supermonsters? I can already craft everything!

I believe that it is necessary to remove
-Adjust the balance of firepower, and life!
- degradation of weapons and things!
- change the merchant's assortment, well, there is absolutely nothing to buy at high levels, except for resources.
-Make red loot drop too! Otherwise, why farm.
-Make laser cutters and doors powered by electricity!
-Correct Russian translation, this is writing !!!!!
-I really want it like in another fashion, implemented, the change of seasons, with all the charms of the weather!
-Remove the army's powerful armor, with protection from radiation, whereas before it will be possible to run in titanium after taking pills! At the moment, with this armor, the radioactive zone seems to disappear!
-Decrease the number of monsters in the radioactive zone, and so the game is barely moving!

P.S. Oddly enough, I didn't find where to make titanium blocks, I found out about the lazar machine by accident!
Until level 185, NEVER met, portal and angels? And why are they needed now !?
Sorry for the quality of the translation. It's all google :)

Good god. Where do I start with this...

Weapons. No. Just no. Sod off. This is a hard mod. You don't like it, don't play it. There's plenty more you can play.

The screamer thing with horde night is a BUG that i'm working to fix. I am pretty sure I explained this earlier.

Loot doesn't need changing. Loot being capped to 50-ish is intended because only CLASS MASTERIES can make above that. It's been like that since A17, if not A16.

Rad zone isn't getting removed. Stop complaining.

A community member fixed the russian translation and I uploaded it earlier this week.

Also

I DO NOT SPEAK ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH. Don't you DARE come in and @%$# about translation when I actually spent several hours setting up spreadsheets to automatically translate english to every single language supported by the game because I wanted to try and do that for players who DON'T speak english.

That is just rude and disrespectful.

1 hour ago, cessp210 said:

Me again. I did what you suggested and hit pre sync. It finished, and when I hit the play mod button it copied everything again! I don't get it.

1 hour ago, scubahalo said:

Save yourself some headaches and install the mod manually. It's so easy, I don't know why people use that buggy mod launcher .

^ This. I did link a video 1 or 2 pages back on how to do it as well. :)

This may be related to the heat map issue, but we are having problems with screamers. Clearing a POI,  I clear two rooms then have to run around the outside killing sreamers before they summon hordes. Then back in for 2 more rooms before repeating. Attempted to do the large science bunker and zombies stopped spawning inside of it halfway down because screamers were outside and had summoned enough to max out the spawns. 

43 minutes ago, Steck183 said:

This may be related to the heat map issue, but we are having problems with screamers. Clearing a POI,  I clear two rooms then have to run around the outside killing sreamers before they summon hordes. Then back in for 2 more rooms before repeating. Attempted to do the large science bunker and zombies stopped spawning inside of it halfway down because screamers were outside and had summoned enough to max out the spawns. 

Yeah, heatmap climbs too fast. I did do a fix that seemed to help (some folks in discord tested it) so it's getting rolled into 3.1 for A19.1

Basically I halved the heatmap of Pistols and Rifles, and lowered Shotguns/Autos by 25% (because they're big and loud). I figured that should give all guns a "purpose"... for lack of a better term. :)

3 hours ago, cessp210 said:

I believe if you uncheck "Refresh Mods Automatically" it will stop doing that.  It also prevents it from overwriting any changes you may have made.

That being said...I know this has been asked before, because I remember asking it, but it's been a couple versions and I didn't see anything since 3.0 dropped, but will I end up missing out on any sort of important resource by disabling spiders?  If not, should I just comment them out of the xml, or should I replace them with something (and if so, suggestions on what to replace them with would be appreciated.)

Edit:  I'm looking through the entitygroups.xml and I'm seeing animalspider (which I'm assuming is the spiders) and animalspider02 and animalspider03.  Are those actually different creatures?  I'm thinking about replacing the spiders with snakes (because I'm assuming they both give venom extract or whatever it's called) and I'm not sure if animalspider02 and animalspider03 are actually different creatures or just different instances of the same creature, and if I can replace them all with the same thing.

Edited by Vaeliorin (see edit history)

8 hours ago, user2010 said:

-Correct Russian translation, this is writing !!!!!

В 3.02 версии русский перевод в основном поправлен, остальные дополнительные небольшие правки (ошибки, недочеты) делаются по мере прохождения. Времени, к сожалению, в последнее время было мало, чтобы играть. Если есть какие-либо замечания по переводу, то пиши в лс. Гляну, поправлю

Spoiler

In version 3.02, the Russian translation is mostly corrected, other additional minor edits (errors, shortcomings) are made as you progress. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much time lately to play. If you have any comments on the translation, then write to PM. I will look, I will correct

Edited by Delside (see edit history)

@user2010 Okay, I don't post here alot, but I do read the forums at times, and the lack of respect and sense of entitlement that I have seen from people like yourself is disgusting to say the least. 

I'll never understand how, and why, people yourself feel the need to lash out and bash the developers about an issue that you have with a mod (that cost you nothing in the first place) instead of trying to offer constructive criticism in a polite manner that may help further development to make it a better product in the end. 

Especially devs who create mods on their own free time while asking nothing back in return, and to my knowledge, usually don't get anything but a "thank you" from people. 

If the mod isn't for you, then move on and try something else that better suits you.

But regardless of how you feel about it, you should still always appreciate the work, effort, and time that the person put into it. Not rant to them about horrible of a job they have done just because it didn't meet your personal requirements or needs. 

This sense of entitlement and disrespectful attitude from people like yourself are just downright sick to even read. 

I know this wasn't my place to say anything and I apologize to everyone for that.  I've just read too much crap like this and have kept quiet. not only this this community but others as well.  

12 minutes ago, Sal said:

@user2010 Okay, I don't post here alot, but I do read the forums at times, and the lack of respect and sense of entitlement that I have seen from people like yourself is disgusting to say the least. 

I'll never understand how, and why, people yourself feel the need to lash out and bash the developers about an issue that you have with a mod (that cost you nothing in the first place) instead of trying to offer constructive criticism in a polite manner that may help further development to make it a better product in the end. 

Especially devs who create mods on their own free time while asking nothing back in return, and to my knowledge, usually don't get anything but a "thank you" from people. 

If the mod isn't for you, then move on and try something else that better suits you.

But regardless of how you feel about it, you should still always appreciate the work, effort, and time that the person put into it. Not rant to them about horrible of a job they have done just because it didn't meet your personal requirements or needs. 

This sense of entitlement and disrespectful attitude from people like yourself are just downright sick to even read. 

I know this wasn't my place to say anything and I apologize to everyone for that.  I've just read too much crap like this and have kept quiet. not only this this community but others as well.  

Roger that!

I found out that Resarch prefabs are missing from my map, is there a way to add them to already existing server based game or it is only possible when re-creating the game? I have full access to game files, just need to understand how to do it so I wont corrupt the map. 

It seems to me that they misunderstood me!
I will clarify my thoughts again, thanks for your attention.
All I wrote was a desire to make your mod the best!
I just want to consult with you and do not need to be taken as an insult!

About the weapon!
1. I'm just increasing the damage. But it seems to me that in an ordinary (non-radioactive zone) it should not be too tough, especially during the day. Better to increase damage to zombies.

2. Regarding mining (loot), it concerned the moment when I have a level above 170 and almost all classes are open!

3. Regarding the powerful army armor with radiation protection. I meant that after you start crafting it, you can safely fight in a radioactive zone!
(When I didn't know it, I went to a radioactive zone, drank pills and got it from monsters).
In my opinion this is more interesting!

4. Degradation after repair, in my opinion, is not needed. Instead of repairing, you just have to make a new one, the same color! That at high LVL is not so difficult.

3. About the language.
If you needed help, I would be happy to help!
Please contact.

Please answer about titanium blocks.
Why haven't I found them anymore?
And the laser is only done in bunkers?

Thank you for your work!

Hi Khaine,

A couple of items that my group noticed that seem out of place;
-all three 7.62 coilrifle round recipes are exactly the same
-eating something that gives the buff "buffAverageFood" will override the high tier "buffGoodFood" causing your food to decrease at faster rate then expected

Nice work with this version though. Some really nice improvements over the a18 version.

Cheers

On 9/12/2020 at 12:37 AM, KhaineGB said:

The heatmap is actually kinda buggy, so i'm looking at adjusting that.

Primarily looking at adjusting pistols/rifles so they're less likely to attract screamers. :)

mining plutonium i stick with the pick axe as every time i use the auger i get about a minute in before a screamer shows up. M60 seems to have the same effect even w/ a silencer. irradiated area seems to have calmed down. found Eve and the bunker quest. she gave me 2 reward quests to the same bunker. exploring the irradiated area found the labs and Caitlan, she seemed less well stocked than 18 unless that was a random thing. finding a lot of plutonium boulders, and so far a little titanium in my first plutonium mine. Haven't found a titanium boulder yet. journal says that is the primary ore in the irradiated area but for whatever reason that isn't the case w/ me so far. 

17 hours ago, MasterFuji said:

Hi Khaine,

A couple of items that my group noticed that seem out of place;
-all three 7.62 coilrifle round recipes are exactly the same
-eating something that gives the buff "buffAverageFood" will override the high tier "buffGoodFood" causing your food to decrease at faster rate then expected

Nice work with this version though. Some really nice improvements over the a18 version.

Cheers

I do need to fix the coilrifle rounds.

Will look at those buffs. IIRC I did it so you couldn't stack something, but I don't remember what the hell it was. :D

6 hours ago, oldguy67 said:

mining plutonium i stick with the pick axe as every time i use the auger i get about a minute in before a screamer shows up. M60 seems to have the same effect even w/ a silencer. irradiated area seems to have calmed down. found Eve and the bunker quest. she gave me 2 reward quests to the same bunker. exploring the irradiated area found the labs and Caitlan, she seemed less well stocked than 18 unless that was a random thing. finding a lot of plutonium boulders, and so far a little titanium in my first plutonium mine. Haven't found a titanium boulder yet. journal says that is the primary ore in the irradiated area but for whatever reason that isn't the case w/ me so far. 

Seen a few people say that with the titanium, which confuses the hell out of me tbh.

I really like the new item degradation.  I was under the impression this was to stop one item from lasting forever.  But sticking a single point in your tool/weapon crating perks just seems to defeat it.  I would like items to continue to break regardless of my skills.  The skills would still be useful because items would last longer before breaking.  Is there anything I can edit in one of the XML files to do this?  I took a quick look around and saw Harmony-QualityDegradationOnRepair.DLL so I assume the code is all compiled in there.  Would you be willing to add an editable option in the future that could disable the skills stopping degradation so that items will always continue degrading until they break?

G'day Fellow Zombie Slayers.
Im having a problem with the Trader Eve quest chain.
I did "the test" & "The favor" and started "the reward".
I cant start the quest tho cause theres a bedroll around thats blocking it. I found a science lab under a well with indestructable walls & doors.
What are the chances of the bedroll being inside the lab cause i cant find a way to get in there or start the quest?

4 hours ago, Veraphim said:

I really like the new item degradation.  I was under the impression this was to stop one item from lasting forever.  But sticking a single point in your tool/weapon crating perks just seems to defeat it.  I would like items to continue to break regardless of my skills.  The skills would still be useful because items would last longer before breaking.  Is there anything I can edit in one of the XML files to do this?  I took a quick look around and saw Harmony-QualityDegradationOnRepair.DLL so I assume the code is all compiled in there.  Would you be willing to add an editable option in the future that could disable the skills stopping degradation so that items will always continue degrading until they break?

Probably not. It'd be a pain in the ass and a TON of extra code for that.

2 hours ago, Sk1n-Walk3r said:

G'day Fellow Zombie Slayers.
Im having a problem with the Trader Eve quest chain.
I did "the test" & "The favor" and started "the reward".
I cant start the quest tho cause theres a bedroll around thats blocking it. I found a science lab under a well with indestructable walls & doors.
What are the chances of the bedroll being inside the lab cause i cant find a way to get in there or start the quest?

There isn't a bedroll in the lab. Unless someone decided to make it their base.

Also, person with the lab issue was in my discord. It was a corrupted prefab file, so we got it fixed.

So...I just had my horde night.  Day 7, I play 120 minute days, so my gamestage was somewhere in the mid 30s.  Maybe it's just because I haven't really played much since A17, but it seemed a little...excessive.  I had at least 6 cops, 8-10 Night Stalkers, a zombie bear, a radiated (feral?  I didn't get a close look at it) wight along with tons of other stuff...and then the screamers started showing up (is screamers showing up on horde night a new thing?)  There must have been at least 10 of them.  I almost made it through the night (I'm playing with Sorcery too and a sorcery mob set me on fire and killed me), but I used up all the ammo I'd managed to find/make.  My base was pretty much trashed (I'd even upgraded some of the most important bits to reinforced concrete), and I just logged off after it was over.

Anyway, I think I'm going to play some vanilla (-ish) for a bit.  I like a lot about the mod, but I think I need to re-learn base building for A19 or something, because that was just way beyond what I was prepared to deal with.

Just had my first horde night as well. My old strategy no longer works (I normally play on Insane). The Pimps have been bad, very bad. Seriously, man? Teleporting, acid puking vultures that fly at warp speed.? In groups of 8 or more?  The Pimps have been very bad indeed. Bad Pimps! Now I have to find a new strategy. Hmm.

*Edit - I found the vulture speed settings in the .xml file and changed it back to 18.4 levels. They had it set to 2.5x normal if you're in (or on) a vehicle. I think TFP should quit trying to manipulate the way people play the game. I've  put up with digging zombies, jumping zombies, and climbing zombies, but I draw the line at jet powered, acid spitting flocks of zombified super-vultures. 🙄

Edited by scubahalo (see edit history)

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Probably not. It'd be a pain in the ass and a TON of extra code for that.

There isn't a bedroll in the lab. Unless someone decided to make it their base.

Yeah this means theres one lying around randomly cause its a private server and no one has been there yet.

Loving this mod so far, (about 10ish hours in) I was wondering if there was an easy way to disable the zombie health UI element? I find it more fun/immersive not to know the exact health of the enemies I'm fighting, makes fights much more tense having no idea how close something is to death.

Edited by Silveressa (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Silveressa said:

Loving this mod so far, (about 10ish hours in) I was wondering if there was an easy way to disable the zombie health UI element? I find it more fun/immersive not to know the exact health of the enemies I'm fighting, makes fights much more tense having no idea how close something is to death.

Go to 7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Config. Open blocks.xml with Notepad++ or whatever and change property value of line 73 (UnlockEnemyHealthBar) to false. Save and close.