Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Trying to figure out Irrigation.

Want to grab water from a nearby lake and bring it closer. --- This will do this right?

From what I read here, I put the pipe into the lake --- I put the pump on the receiving end --- I dig a hole under the pump --- turn it on and water happens. Right? :D

Hi folks,

ive wanted ti try the mid through the 7d2d mod launcher. When I hit install mod it works but after I have to sync it it just stays in an endless loop of 'making clone'. I let it run for 7 hours and it didnt sync up at all in multiple occasions. Other mods will install and sync without problem. What do i do?

Over level 130 now and suspect its time to start relying more on laser weapons.

So i need electronic parts which need steel and duct tape (the currency of the future!). Duct tape needs cloth and glue. Cloth i can handle with my new cotton field but glue needs bones and/or sap. Bones i need to farm from z's or piles on the ground (painful/slow), but sap i can gather from trees provided i dont mind doing this in stacks of 15. Any chance clay bowls could be made to stack in high quantities or is this intended? It's a bit painful having to fill dozens of bowls in batches of 15 at a time (but maybe that's intentional?)

That is intended because I wanted them to stack in a similar manner to glass jars. But if folks want to edit it themselves, feel free. :)

Played DF for ages, but decided to give it a go in 18.4 but I have a strange graphic glich with the UI. I haqqve uninstalled and reinstalled and still get it. I have google searched but can't find a solution anywhere. I have run SMX UI with no issues on 18.4 so I am at a loss with this one.

That's an odd one. I'd check your mods folder for any remnants of other UI mods.

Want to grab water from a nearby lake and bring it closer. --- This will do this right?

From what I read here, I put the pipe into the lake --- I put the pump on the receiving end --- I dig a hole under the pump --- turn it on and water happens. Right?

Water next to PUMP. Pipes connect to pump.

Hi folks,

ive wanted ti try the mid through the 7d2d mod launcher. When I hit install mod it works but after I have to sync it it just stays in an endless loop of 'making clone'. I let it run for 7 hours and it didnt sync up at all in multiple occasions. Other mods will install and sync without problem. What do i do?

For now, download it from nexus mods and manually install.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=posts&BH=1

I had an e-mail from Gitlab saying there was a problem with the repo on THEIR end. I'm waiting for confirmation it's fixed and then I need to re-upload everything.

I just master hunter, I can't seem to find the STEEL CROSSBOW recipe. It said I should be able to craft it...

That is because I am an idiot. It's the TITANIUM crossbow. ;)

We just did night 35, they spawn Demonic Behemoth, succubus, and incubus. We CANNOT kill any of them with bless mod. How are we supposed to kill them? its day time now and he's destroying all our stuff :(

two of us are lvl 50. (farmer, + hunter) We can't make laser weapons yet to disable their healing abilities.

We're not sure what to do now once blood moon come again. Are we just screwed?

Edited by bsan89 (see edit history)

From what I read here, I put the pipe into the lake --- I put the pump on the receiving end --- I dig a hole under the pump --- turn it on and water happens. Right? :D

For now, download it from nexus mods and manually install.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=posts&BH=1

I had an e-mail from Gitlab saying there was a problem with the repo on THEIR end. I'm waiting for confirmation it's fixed and then I need to re-upload everything.

thanks for the note. I was trouble shooting with sphereii I will let him know. It's just the experimental branch that seems to have an issue. You can download it from http but it won't work otherwise.

@Twoscoops

Edit the \steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\items.xml file and look for line 21286 "<item name="DFemptyBowl">" (without the outer quotes). A few lines below it 21292, is "<property name="Stacknumber" value="15"/>". Just change the 15 to whatever you want. Then save the file and restart the game. Empty Bowls will still be in stacks of 15 until you click on the re-sort button and then they will collapse to this new value. You can change any item's stack value this way. Just find what it is called in the game (usually pretty straightforward) and then find that stacknumber below it.

Thanks, i'll give it a go later!

/edit well i manually copied over the unity file to the server and it seems to have worked. I had also made that change to the stack size in one place but not another, not sure if that could do it (made in bundles folder but now also in saves)

original:

hmm restarted our server today and greeted with the following:

Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'SciFi2.unity3d'.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/AssetBundle/Public/AssetBundleLoadFromAsyncOperation.cpp Line: 445)

2020-03-31T16:55:57 46.357 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/TCAFiles/Users/jamesh4/36342/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Data/Bundles/SciFi2.unity3d" failed!

2020-03-31T16:55:57 46.357 ERR Model '#SciFi2.unity3d?SciFiDoubleDoor.unity3d' not found on block with name SciFiDoubleDoorBlue

2020-03-31T16:55:57 46.357 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed

2020-03-31T16:55:57 46.357 EXC Model '#SciFi2.unity3d?SciFiDoubleDoor.unity3d' not found on block with name SciFiDoubleDoorBlue

Exception: Model '#SciFi2.unity3d?SciFiDoubleDoor.unity3d' not found on block with name SciFiDoubleDoorBlue

at BlockShapeModelEntity.Init (Block _block) [0x0006b] in <f9ab98ad7e8240f9bef6c6434814ba69>:0

at BlocksFromXml+<CreateBlocks>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00bfc] in <f9ab98ad7e8240f9bef6c6434814ba69>:0

at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallba ck>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <f9ab98ad7e8240f9bef6c6434814ba69>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException( Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception , Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<>c__DisplayClass47_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Except io n)

<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40:Mov eN ext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumera tor, IntPtr)

anyone encountered this?

Edited by Twoscoops (see edit history)

I'm playing a multiplayer game and around day 65 one of the other guys told me to avoid a specific trader (the commander who has medical supplies) in a trader outpost near our base. Every time he opened the trader's inventory he would be spammed with error messages. I wasn't sure if it was specific to him so I checked and sure enough it's nonstop spamming the following when the trader's inventory is open:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

While it's doing this the trader's inventory appears to be empty, no items listed at all. The guy who runs the server restarted the server and now the regular trader in the base is doing it too. We have a couple other traders within range of our base that I haven't checked out but this was the closest one. Has this happened to anyone? Is it something that can be fixed without starting over?

Excuse me

Does this mod conflict with the Beyond Ability Institution module?

The following is translated through google

Module name: Super Energy Agency

Applicable version: A18

Last updated: 3/29/2020

Download address: My Google Drive 18.4 (B4)

Note: This module provides a small number of props to help you live easier, and has specially designed skills to make it easier for you to kill the encirclement when facing the zombie crowd.

Introduction:

Provide element bullets (flame, electric shock, bloodletting, anesthesia, molten steel, holy light, frost bite), limited to 9mm pistols.

Provides element modules, which function like element bullets, but can be loaded into certain weapons or tools.

Provide enhanced items, such as barbed wire fences, which have higher damage and durability, and can be picked up, but they can no longer be upgraded.

Provide more than 40 self-made skills for you to learn, how to learn the official skills and the skills of this module is your choice.

Provide more than 40 homemade missions, want to get certain items faster! As long as you dare to challenge, everything is not a problem.

Add more types of elemental zombies. When you encounter them, they will burn, lethargic, declare death. How to face these powerful and terrible zombies will test your wisdom.

Installation method: After downloading the compressed file, decompress it, and then place the entire BEABIN_A18 directory into the following directory. If the Mods directory does not exist, please create it yourself.

For example: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ 7 Days To Die \ Mods

Multiplayer environment application: Because this module adds a lot of custom new props and new skills, if you want to use a server, the client must also be installed, otherwise the client will not see Chinese characters.

My guess is you don't have a lot of system RAM. The medium maps take EASILY 10GB, sometimes closer to 12GB.

Thanks Khaine, but this is not it. I have i7700 with GTX1060 and 16Gb RAM on SSD. Map is taking only 5GB when fully loaded and running from Task Manager in Windows 10.

On day 6. Traders randomly disappear. Wandering traders seem to disappear permanently. Trader guards - half of them have disappeared.

Comments?

Hi I have a question. Me and a buddy have been playing this mod for a very short period of time haven't been long into modding 7 Days honestly. We have everything set up right it seems DF starts properly see all the additions all the murderous critters etc but when we try to use the workbench and make something it pops up a error message over and over like a machine gun. It says something along the lines of Null Reference Exception. Any help with this would be much appreciated we really want to enjoy this mod it looks amazing.

Also forgot to add I do have two weapon mods active and it seems like it is only their guns that are giving issues. Vanilla Firearms Expanded and Firearms Expansion. Is there any way I can somehow make them compatible? We like the selection already in DF but would like to add some more umph if possible.

Edited by Major_Valentine05 (see edit history)

Excuse me

yes, pick one or the other

Thanks Khaine, but this is not it. I have i7700 with GTX1060 and 16Gb RAM on SSD. Map is taking only 5GB when fully loaded and running from Task Manager in Windows 10.

On day 6. Traders randomly disappear. Wandering traders seem to disappear permanently. Trader guards - half of them have disappeared.

Comments?

your memory usage sounds very low, how big is your page file when the game is loaded?

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

your memory usage sounds very low, how big is your page file when the game is loaded?

On game start, Task Manager returns 10.2GB for 7DaysToDie.exe and I have page file set to a value of 16,000 MB.

After being in the game for ~20 minutes, Task Manager returns 3.2GB for the .exe.

Any idea why Wandering Traders and Trader Guards have disappeared?

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

We just did night 35, they spawn Demonic Behemoth, succubus, and incubus. We CANNOT kill any of them with bless mod. How are we supposed to kill them? its day time now and he's destroying all our stuff

two of us are lvl 50. (farmer, + hunter) We can't make laser weapons yet to disable their healing abilities.

We're not sure what to do now once blood moon come again. Are we just screwed?

And what's the levels of your other players?

The game starts with the HIGHEST level player and works down to work out gamestage when partied up, which might be why you're getting those.

I'm playing a multiplayer game and around day 65 one of the other guys told me to avoid a specific trader (the commander who has medical supplies) in a trader outpost near our base. Every time he opened the trader's inventory he would be spammed with error messages. I wasn't sure if it was specific to him so I checked and sure enough it's nonstop spamming the following when the trader's inventory is open:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

While it's doing this the trader's inventory appears to be empty, no items listed at all. The guy who runs the server restarted the server and now the regular trader in the base is doing it too. We have a couple other traders within range of our base that I haven't checked out but this was the closest one. Has this happened to anyone? Is it something that can be fixed without starting over?

That's odd. I fixed that a while back. Like, a few weeks ago.

Excuse me

Because of what it adds, it isn't gonna work.

Comments?

The medium maps take 10-12GB RAM for me (i7-4700MQ, GTX 980M, 32GB RAM, NVME SSD) so my guess is something isn't loading right.

Wandering Traders are wandering traders. Why do you think they'd stay in the same place? They'll despawn just like zombies do. Guards is a known, unfixable issue that it made worse by people living in the trader.

Hi I have a question. Me and a buddy have been playing this mod for a very short period of time haven't been long into modding 7 Days honestly. We have everything set up right it seems DF starts properly see all the additions all the murderous critters etc but when we try to use the workbench and make something it pops up a error message over and over like a machine gun. It says something along the lines of Null Reference Exception. Any help with this would be much appreciated we really want to enjoy this mod it looks amazing.

Also forgot to add I do have two weapon mods active and it seems like it is only their guns that are giving issues. Vanilla Firearms Expanded and Firearms Expansion. Is there any way I can somehow make them compatible? We like the selection already in DF but would like to add some more umph if possible.

You're likely getting that error because of the mods you added.

Remove them and see if it fixes it. If it does, then you need to edit those mods to work with DF. As stated in the first few posts, 90-odd% of mods WILL NOT work with DF.

That's odd. I fixed that a while back. Like, a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure we're up to date. 7DTD version is 18.4 Stable, Current Mod Version is 2.50.1.

That said, after checking different traders they do work so it's not all of them. And I got a message from the guy hosting the server that said he fixed the issue. I'll see what he did and report back just in case anyone else has the issue.

Edit: So what he did to fix the issue was just use admin tools to kill and respawn the trader until it worked, said it took a few tries. He did the same with the guard captain but it seemingly wouldn't resolve so he gave up trying to spawn that specific one. I'm not certain if it's coincidence or not, but the issues seemed to start after those specific npc's died and respawned. Friends got overwhelmed during a bloodmoon and ran inside the trader outpost. The trader lived, the guard captain did not. My friend that told me about the issue said when he spawned again he was buggy. The same thing happened to the trader but I was online playing when she died. We're not far from that specific outpost, built just outside. When our bloodmoon ended we went outside to do cleanup of the remaining zombies and one of the guys noticed they were killing a zombie named Zombie Trader Bob. We joked about it and then I ran inside the outpost to see. Sure enough Trader Jen was nowhere in sight, heh. The server was restarted the next morning and when I logged in afterwards she was back and that's when I started getting spammed with the error messages. Either way, we found a workaround so all good.

Edited by Niil945 (see edit history)

Quick preface.

Nope.

Experimental.

Do you have an idea as to why our biome changed? All houses and other POIs are still the same as before. Visually, it shows that we are in a snow biome, but the audio is from the burnt biome (which is how it used to be).

Can someone please tell me the location for bunker on DFalls_small3 map? we spend 5 days with our bikes trying to look for it.

Also, where can I find uranium? Is there a stone on top of wasteland that tell me where the vein is?

Please tell me what is the problem?

1. I make a club cudgel, on a quest mission. You have to look at the process without closing the workbench, if I close it, it does not count.

2. Sometimes merchants turn out like in vanilla, locked up! And usually not, and on the towers there are mobs unfastening zombies. There is also an additional merchant who gives quests

With a locked merchant, sometimes a lot of errors occur. And there is no second trader with quests.

Hello guys im looking for help me and friend started to playing at this mod, at the start we had 100hp after few deths our hp dropped to 50, it happens because of debuffTraumaAfterDeath, I changed in configfile duration of this buff from 30min to 5min to make it more fair for us, but still we have 50hp after debuff dissapers in character sheets, you have any solutions to get our hp back? is it new mechanics we dont understand or just a bug and we have to use consol?

I'm playing on the dfalls large map. I see you can get titanium in any biome underground but does anyone know how far down it is? My base is the premade base in the forest biomes. Thanks for any help

Titanium only in a radioactive biome!

And further. See my topic above!