Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'll double check the battery, but I removed quality tiers from it which other users reported fixed the issue.

I found my mistake and the batteries are working, charging, I apologize.

The price of a master book is very small. 1200 coins = 10 skill points.

Spotlight has two recipes in the workbench, but can not be made metal workbench

can you use a custom seed now?

Yes you can :)

I tried using the "Rosebud" seed but it turned out all jacked up. I assume that has to do with DF Wasteland/Radiation Zones vs vanilla but I'm trying to create a map that makes sense, i.e., Snow/Forest at the top and Desert/Wasteland at the bottom like Rosebud:

top15-7daystodieseeds-2.jpg.3d979f2054137ec206cb748e764d1293.jpg

Anybody have experience with this? Should I look into NitroGen? Also, how do you set your initial spawn point in a particular Biome? Client not server.

DF isn't installed. You can tell cos th background is wrong.

Also we completely redid RWG, so you wont get snow at top/desert wasteland at th bottom.

AKA - You wont get a map that looks like vanilla (which is just 1 biome mask rotated/flpped anyway) on DF.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with finding a hidden bunker / research station on the Dfalls-Small map?

I have been looking for ages and i have amassed about 10 of each color card so im pretty excited to get in and see whats down there

:)

Thanks in advance

EDIT- Finally found them in prefabs, @KhaineGB not sure if you know it and its a cheeky way to hide them but its spelt Resarch in the prefab file. :D

Edited by Kryptik (see edit history)

DF isn't installed. You can tell cos th background is wrong.

Yes, that was an image of Rosebud on vanilla - so definitely no DF installed. I just used it as an example of what I was trying to do. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the other info though! I'll just go back to Navezgane - not a fan of the tossed salad maps unfortunately. :crushed:

Hey guys, new to 7 Days and just installed Mod Manager. I got the DF mod downloaded and it comes up green on the mod launcher menu but when the game loads it is Vanilla. WOTW mod works perfectly fine so I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing wrong? Uninstalled and re-installed many times, tried copying from PC and also from steam, tried with and without pre-sync. Just loads up vanilla every time :(

Hey guys, new to 7 Days and just installed Mod Manager. I got the DF mod downloaded and it comes up green on the mod launcher menu but when the game loads it is Vanilla. WOTW mod works perfectly fine so I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing wrong? Uninstalled and re-installed many times, tried copying from PC and also from steam, tried with and without pre-sync. Just loads up vanilla every time :(

I had a fair few problems with the mod manager and trying to get DF to work. I ended up seeing a post from khaine that recommended doing a manual install so thats what i did, I ended up copying 7DTD from my steam folder and then manually installing DF into that folder and creating a shortcut to it on desktop. Worked perfectly after that.

In the laser workshop shows that I can make a level 41 items and the skill shows I can do 50. Something wrong.

Also, the laser battery in the description is written that it is for melee and archery weapons. I can't put in anything but melee.

Edit: I was just fighting a demonic mob (normal, not boss) and the battery didn't stop him from healing.

Uranium and plutonium are only from boulders, or are there underground deposits under the boulders?

26eb7d080a1e5c212bd4b3b2b5bac21c.jpg.b9f649d8168a5da04781fdad345dcc6d.jpg

Edited by Krzyrek (see edit history)

The sale of laser workbenches and laser furnaces ruined the game; there is no need to search and storm the laboratories.

In the buried supplies you can find a katana, a laser gun, a multitool, energy cells - this is not right, my opinion.

Master books are sold at a merchant, it’s very simple to buy, it would be nice if they can only be found in the world or in loot from bosses.

All bosses have little health when they appear - 1/2 of the total health and do not have time to restore it before coming to the player.

The incubus and succubus demons do not know how to set fire and spit, this makes them weak. Incubus has an animation of throwing fire - a fireball.

In the wasteland, under the textures, ore blocks are visible, this greatly slows down the game in this place.

I killed a lot of zombies, set up portals for the appearance of demons, but I did not find a single part of the helicopter, either increase the chance of finding them or add parts to other demons, bosses but with a low chance.

Why can not you break access cards, for example on plastic?

sentence:

Make a repair kit for laser weapons, katana, power armor from nanites.

Add a very difficult quest, like "yellow notes" - you come to a point, activate and very strong zombies, bosses appear,

which you just can’t meet in the world, and this will not break the balance, but will provide an opportunity to test yourself. It can only be crafted in the radio.

A muffler for a moto instrument does not give damage to the block and melee, but reduces the sound only for the player.

f3e20fc6476ea5b77caf76b005971403.thumb.jpg.f04f616e9945f5dae4506d0a4415b7aa.jpg

Anyone know what this is? Randomly pops up on console in red (stopping game play).

"ArgumentOutofRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection parameter name:index"

I've had that as well but haven't managed to track down what causes it. It also doesn't seem to break anything, so I may just turn on the NRE patch to stop the console popping up.

Finally found them in prefabs, KhaineGB not sure if you know it and its a cheeky way to hide them but its spelt Resarch in the prefab file.

Oh I know. I just spelt it wrong and then never fixed it ;)

Hey guys, new to 7 Days and just installed Mod Manager. I got the DF mod downloaded and it comes up green on the mod launcher menu but when the game loads it is Vanilla. WOTW mod works perfectly fine so I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing wrong? Uninstalled and re-installed many times, tried copying from PC and also from steam, tried with and without pre-sync. Just loads up vanilla every time

You're honestly better manually installing. It seems to be struggling with larger mods like DF. No idea why.

General bug/heads-up.

My Mechanic Class junk turrets open fire on NPCs I've hired.

Really sends a mixed message from HR department.

The turret class is coded to basically shoot anything NOT a player in the DLL.

So technically it's not a bug. It's just something that happens because vanilla doesn't have NPC's.

In the laser workshop shows that I can make a level 41 items and the skill shows I can do 50. Something wrong.

Also, the laser battery in the description is written that it is for melee and archery weapons. I can't put in anything but melee.

Edit: I was just fighting a demonic mob (normal, not boss) and the battery didn't stop him from healing.

Uranium and plutonium are only from boulders, or are there underground deposits under the boulders?

I know the localization is slightly wrong and I need to look into that. It should be 11/21/31/41/51 (also you apparently unlocked the last level too early, so it's disabled)

There's underground deposits.

The sale of laser workbenches and laser furnaces ruined the game; there is no need to search and storm the laboratories.

In the buried supplies you can find a katana, a laser gun, a multitool, energy cells - this is not right, my opinion.

Master books are sold at a merchant, it’s very simple to buy, it would be nice if they can only be found in the world or in loot from bosses.

All bosses have little health when they appear - 1/2 of the total health and do not have time to restore it before coming to the player.

The incubus and succubus demons do not know how to set fire and spit, this makes them weak. Incubus has an animation of throwing fire - a fireball.

In the wasteland, under the textures, ore blocks are visible, this greatly slows down the game in this place.

I killed a lot of zombies, set up portals for the appearance of demons, but I did not find a single part of the helicopter, either increase the chance of finding them or add parts to other demons, bosses but with a low chance.

Why can not you break access cards, for example on plastic?

sentence:

Make a repair kit for laser weapons, katana, power armor from nanites.

Add a very difficult quest, like "yellow notes" - you come to a point, activate and very strong zombies, bosses appear,

which you just can’t meet in the world, and this will not break the balance, but will provide an opportunity to test yourself. It can only be crafted in the radio.

A muffler for a moto instrument does not give damage to the block and melee, but reduces the sound only for the player.

You do realise the chance to buy those workbenches is LITERALLY 1%? And requires maxed secret stash and charismatic nature?

Those were added because people kept saying they had issues finding the multitool and energy cells. Since demons now really needed to be killed by energy weapons, i'm trying to encourge people to actually do that.

Master books have ALWAYS been available on traders otherwise you just have to rely on RNG and finding bookstores.

Incubus does throw fire. The succubus does not because I haven't been able to get ranged attack working on flying entities.

The ore thing only happens sometimes. And only on some maps. No, I don't know why.

I'm not increasing the gyrocopter chance because I think it's an OP piece of crap.

Keycards were set to scrappable in the current dev build for folks to try out.

Repair kits, in general, are probably getting an overhaul.

I'm not planning to add more quests right now.

Chainsaw/auger are NOT getting silencers. You wanna mine fast? You run the risk of screamers.

Hi i'm playing Alpha18.4 now, i wonder why i cant read "THE FUTURE IS NOW!" book

Without that i cant make future tech weapon and armor

Try reading it from your hotbar.

Helicopter s h i t, I agree. But this is the only thing I can not find in this mod. Why are there no parts for sale? price: 100k, 200k, it doesn’t matter.

Again, I repeat, very low prices for rare items, books. A solar panel costs 11k quality 60. In Vanilla, about 45k.

The usual mod costs from 2.5k to 4.5k coins, the master book 1.5 + -. Why so few? The book is hard to find, but the master book is like a regular recipe.

The Deagle pistol has a low rate of fire, like Magnum + -.

After 7 nights there are many bags of loot left, it is not always possible to collect everything, it disappears. Do not increase the time until the bags disappear.

Also in the bags I find a lot of military armor, too much, you can do less please.

Are you planning to add new zombies? For example: Snukfin's Server Side Z (S) ombies

After 7 nights there are many bags of loot left, it is not always possible to collect everything, it disappears. Do not increase the time until the bags disappear.

If you don't know how to increase loot bag time, Donovan has a modlet called Donovan_LongerLootbags. It will increase the decay time to 30 minutes.

That should give you time to collect everything after day7 even if you play on 90 minute days like me. I had the same challenge because I have a longer day cycle.

I'm playing one of the pregenerated Darkness Falls maps in multiplayer and have been unable to find any titanium. The ore doesn't appear to spawn in the Wasteland, I don't see any titanium on traders and even titanium trophies aren't dropping. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Edited by Dardekkis (see edit history)

so i have a question... im currently playing on my own server and i used the dfalls_large map but to my understanding its a 12k map but around 4k in any direction from center i find radiation. could it be i set up something wrong or is there a bug with that world?

also how do i craft steel ingots if there is no slot in the forge for a crucible. thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

edit..... so after looking some more and playing in creative i found the hazmat suit so i guess me real question now if how do i find the hazmat suit and is it craftable? fyi im new to the mod. and am having a hard time finding good info on the mod.

Edited by buddah0989 (see edit history)

KGB,

Our group has been playing your mod for a few weeks now. We'd previously been 'War of the Walkers' followers. It's unanimous. Our group of 8 players agrees your mod is the best. Really enjoying it and appreciate the work you've done. Also really appreciate your super participation in this thread.

Really helping to take our minds off the COVID problem.

Thank you.

Helicopter ****, I agree. But this is the only thing I can not find in this mod. Why are there no parts for sale? price: 100k, 200k, it doesn’t matter.

Again, I repeat, very low prices for rare items, books. A solar panel costs 11k quality 60. In Vanilla, about 45k.

The usual mod costs from 2.5k to 4.5k coins, the master book 1.5 + -. Why so few? The book is hard to find, but the master book is like a regular recipe.

The Deagle pistol has a low rate of fire, like Magnum + -.

Also in the bags I find a lot of military armor, too much, you can do less please.

Are you planning to add new zombies? For example: Snukfin's Server Side Z (S) ombies

Because I don't want the gyro to be purchasable. That's why it's drop only.

I'll have to look into the solar panel thing. I haven't adjusted the base economic rate so it SHOULDN'T matter...

The master book is probably getting removed for purchase since i'm working on a new trader system atm. You'll still b able to "pay" for it, but it won't be a book.

DEagle being slow is intended. There will be mods to help with this.

I am not increasing the time before loot bags despawn. They are considered entities. If you set it too high, it lags the game. However, in the Mods folder, there is a DFLootbags.zip file. Users can unzip this into the mods folder which increases the time to an hour if my memory is correct, but it is NOT recommended.

Will look into the military armor drop rates.

Not planning to add more zombies right now, but I do have some new models I want to work on later. :)

I'm playing one of the pregenerated Darkness Falls maps in multiplayer and have been unable to find any titanium. The ore doesn't appear to spawn in the Wasteland, I don't see any titanium on traders and even titanium trophies aren't dropping. Does anyone know what could cause this?

No idea, but I know the boulders have issues spawning due to all the general crap out in the wasteland. I'm currently tweaking that a little so they have a better chance to spawn and mark where veins are.

so i have a question... im currently playing on my own server and i used the dfalls_large map but to my understanding its a 12k map but around 4k in any direction from center i find radiation. could it be i set up something wrong or is there a bug with that world?

also how do i craft steel ingots if there is no slot in the forge for a crucible. thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

The outer edge of the map is all wasteland (which is radiated). It's pretty big to give plenty of area for portals and titanium to spawn.

Steel is made in the Big Forge or Advanced Forge.

KGB,

Our group has been playing your mod for a few weeks now. We'd previously been 'War of the Walkers' followers. It's unanimous. Our group of 8 players agrees your mod is the best. Really enjoying it and appreciate the work you've done. Also really appreciate your super participation in this thread.

Really helping to take our minds off the COVID problem.

Thank you.

It says a lot when there's a real life contagion going off outside and we're all sat in playing a game based off a contagion turning everything into zombies. ;)

Glad you're all enjoying it!

Hello,

Is there any tip/setting you recommend for playing with 4-6 players?

I set up a dedicated server and this mod is amazing!

However, on day 28. We keep getting destroyed!

Massive zombies, and hard zombies.

Our bae is actually trader Rekt base too, with the guards.

Also,

I'm a farmer. I tried growing Apple Tree, Banana Trees, Coconuts Tree. It said on your main page that the only plant that isn't tree needs water.

Yet these apple, orange, coconuts, banana trees, isn't growing. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi!

Saw this mod (and even the game itself) due to checking out some videos from one of my favorite youtubers, and had to give it a shot. Really liking it!

But I keep getting this error when I try to generate a new world:

wg-error.thumb.jpg.085a534f40503bb73f5b261224703944.jpg

And I can't find any logs when it happens (just tried it again today, so the logs that are there are unrelated):

no-logs.png.a604da353cbea43fe33c2a76e47ce2cd.png

Or do the mod logs end up somewhere else?

Are any of the premade worlds more up to date than the others? I've been playing on DF Small 3 and 4, which work fine, but recently tried DF Small 2 and started getting instantiation errors after going near the trader.

Edited by Align (see edit history)