Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

And since folks asked about version numbers... something basic for now. :) The wife said she's going to make a logo later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24100[/ATTACH]

Im glad you are one the guys that actually listens to your playerbase!

Thanks.

Small question, your rad medicine means you are planning to add stuff (relevant) on the rad zones?

Im glad you are one the guys that actually listens to your playerbase!

Thanks.

Small question, your rad medicine means you are planning to add stuff (relevant) on the rad zones?

Yep!

You can go out there and explore. Already tested it. For now I'm just going to have the hub city only POI's spawn out there so there's more chances for loot from the skyscrapers.

The downside is that players need to keep an eye on their co-ordinates. Anything beyond 22,500 is getting into "you will crash your game and screw your save" territory.

Have you thought about adding something like the lockpick from Valmod? But maybe making it unlock slower so they aren't as good?

Yes, but I believe it uses the "downgrade" method so uses up extra blocks.

However it is something I want to look into. :)

EDIT: Looked into it. It doesn't use extra blocks, so I'll look at adding it in. I'm also going to look into the "door bash" mod.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Yes, but I believe it uses the "downgrade" method so uses up extra blocks.

However it is something I want to look into. :)

EDIT: Looked into it. It doesn't use extra blocks, so I'll look at adding it in. I'm also going to look into the "door bash" mod.

Cool. I always thought they were a cool addition but they just need a small nerf so they aren't so fast. Last thought, have you thought about splitting the axes out of "Mining Tools" and putting into its own skills?

Hadn't actually considered that. I could do it as "lumberjack" that works like miner 69'er but with an entity damage boost as well.

Cos... y'know... huge ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ axe....

I believe that's how Valmod does it? Which is good, in my opinion at least, because then you have to use the axe to level a different skill and not just everything being generalized into "Mining Tools". Which if I remember, Valmar also took the auger out of Mining Tools as well, which the auger is just an easy way to rank up which is silly.

EDIT: I went ahead and tried to just use the same coding types as Valmod, and sure enough it works. Changed over the category for the axe types to go under "Axes" tested it, and it worked.

Edited by DefinedAscent (see edit history)

Yep, that's basically what I was thinking. Got some code quickly written up, but commented out so I can test it later. Looking at making the stone axe an actual axe so it can start working on that skill immediately, remove the upgrade ability from it and put in a stone hammer for that purpose so folks can level construction tools. :)

Katana, no because it requires the use of SDX. I'm putting off learning that until A17 drops so the SDX folks have time to patch and I have time to learn more about XML + convert the mod over. :)

Combat axe.... MAYBE. I keep meaning to look at it, then I forget. With the axes skill, that may not be a bad idea.

Legendary specials, sort-of. I don't plan to EXACTLY copy the special zombies other mods have, but I do want to make my own.

There's 1 in already. ;)

That's normal while it generates the UMA textures.

First boot... let it get to the menu, go make a drink, come back, generate your world and log in. Then reboot the game to clear your RAM.

If you have high RAM usage and a BUNCH of red text when you start the game, you're missing the UMATextures folder, and your RAM usage will never go down (tested by me and Games4Kickz on 32GB machines. Making the folder fixes it)

That's normal while it generates the UMA textures.

First boot... let it get to the menu, go make a drink, come back, generate your world and log in. Then reboot the game to clear your RAM.

If you have high RAM usage and a BUNCH of red text when you start the game, you're missing the UMATextures folder, and your RAM usage will never go down (tested by me and Games4Kickz on 32GB machines. Making the folder fixes it)

One thing you can try is changing the uma extras to "Player" this will only allow them to be used as they spawn. Only issue doing it that way is the ppl who play will also get to choose it as a playable character skin. I didn't like that as an option though.

Another thing you can do to lower the increased ram usage is take your uma folder and lower the res of all the uma's textures. Time consuming but really lowers the ram required. This works really well and you really don't lose all that much in the fidelity of them in game. Takes a bit to get it just right but my Ghouls in my mod look fine and are very light in the resources needed to have them.

Edited by Tin (see edit history)

One thing you can try is changing the uma extras to "Player" this will only allow them to be used as they spawn. Only issue doing it that way is the ppl who play will also get to choose it as a playable character skin. I didn't like that as an option though.

Another thing you can do to lower the increased ram usage is take your uma folder and lower the res of all the uma's textures. Time consuming but really lowers the ram required. This works really well and you really don't lose all that much in the fidelity of them in game. Takes a bit to get it just right but my Ghouls in my mod look fine and are very light in the resources needed to have them.

I left it set to zombie or none for the UMA's for the same reason, didn't want people picking them as profiles. I -may- change that for the bandits and survivors though.

RAM usage normally sits around 8GB once it's done whatever it needs (tested on my 3 machines and I got Kickz to give me info too), so that doesn't seem to be a problem. I may do it anyways though because then I can just start including the UMA folder with the mod to prevent issues.

I left it set to zombie or none for the UMA's for the same reason, didn't want people picking them as profiles. I -may- change that for the bandits and survivors though.

RAM usage normally sits around 8GB once it's done whatever it needs (tested on my 3 machines and I got Kickz to give me info too), so that doesn't seem to be a problem. I may do it anyways though because then I can just start including the UMA folder with the mod to prevent issues.

Yeah, that's what I did. I just include the uma folder with my mod so everyone has it. Server and Clients. I hope at some point TFP adjust things, so its not needed but that's the pain we go through modding an alpha product lol

Mod sounds awesome and was eager to try it! I installed and loaded up and it maxed my ram (16gb) and nothing worked. :(

DO YOU post on the mods the same thing ... seen you on several .. saying basically the same thing

I would say your system needs to checked out.

Yeah, that's what I did. I just include the uma folder with my mod so everyone has it. Server and Clients. I hope at some point TFP adjust things, so its not needed but that's the pain we go through modding an alpha product lol

Well I just found out GIMP has a batch image resize plugin.

So I'm having the laptop decrease all of them by 50%. Should help on file size and in the game. :D

Well I just found out GIMP has a batch image resize plugin.

So I'm having the laptop decrease all of them by 50%. Should help on file size and in the game. :D

Nice! I should see if Paint.Net has a pluging like that :)

Katana, no because it requires the use of SDX. I'm putting off learning that until A17 drops so the SDX folks have time to patch and I have time to learn more about XML + convert the mod over. :)

Combat axe.... MAYBE. I keep meaning to look at it, then I forget. With the axes skill, that may not be a bad idea.

Legendary specials, sort-of. I don't plan to EXACTLY copy the special zombies other mods have, but I do want to make my own.

There's 1 in already. ;)

Even my dumb-ass "learned" sdx, as it's pretty easy these days thanks to Sphereii and Xyth... and I quote "learned" because it really is as simple as checking a box, hitting build and then hitting play. :)

Can it get more complicated? Sure, but not for things like adding other peoples sdx mods to your own.

You should check it out, it's not going to change dramatically once a17 hits. :)