Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Thought so. :) I got a basic spear working, btw.

I also just want to give a thank you to everyone who has tried the mod out, streamed it or made videos. The fact people even consider it to be worth a small amount of their time AND want to share it with others? That's amazing. I honestly thought this would just be a thing for me, my wife and my friends to have fun with.

And don't feel you can't offer criticism. I'm always up for constructive criticism or bug reports. :)

that is awesome and thank you for making an amazing mod , having a blast.

For those who don't know, I stream on twitch.

So tonight, I gave the mod a good test. All my gun mods are working, and my three new spears are working, but they may need their stats adjusting. So within the next day or two, you folks can expect the following.

• Silenced guns (Pistol, P225, Magnum, Hunting Rifle, Winchester Rifle, Sniper Rifle)
  • Scoped Guns (Hunting Rifle, Winchester Rifle, AK-47, AR-15)
  • Scoped AND Silenced Guns (Hunting Rifle, Winchester Rifle)
  • Shotgun Chokes (Sawed-off and Regular)
  • Spears! (Stone, Iron and Titanium. Longer range than clubs, use more stamina

Yes, the MP5 doesn't have anything. Silencing an automatic weapon seems like something that shouldn't really work... but I'm in england so my gun knowledge is minimal at best. Same for the choke and the CAWS... that feels like something that shouldn't work.

But yes, all of those weapons are tested and working. I just need to make icons, do the localization and then it's ready. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

So tonight, I gave the mod a good test. All my gun mods are working, and my three new spears are working, but they may need their stats adjusting. So within the next day or two, you folks can expect the following.

• Silenced guns (Pistol, P225, Magnum, Hunting Rifle, Winchester Rifle, Sniper Rifle)

Yes, the MP5 doesn't have anything. Silencing an automatic weapon seems like something that shouldn't really work... but I'm in england so my gun knowledge is minimal at best. Same for the choke and the CAWS... that feels like something that shouldn't work.

But yes, all of those weapons are tested and working. I just need to make icons, do the localization and then it's ready. :)

Thank you and Looking forward to the AK with a scope ... that is my main weapon in any game that has them.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... from the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Nice!! Awesome additions!!

I wish I'd known you were on twitch; I would have watched last night.

If your twitch is the same as your user name here; I'll search for you. If I can't find you then I'll wait until you post it.

Again.. Thank You!!

And updated!

Gun mods stated above are in. Spears are in. You need to find the MacDyvers book in order to craft gun mods (yes, that thing is back).

I've also been tweaking scrap tools. Right now they have more durability than stone, but less than iron. They do less damage than iron but should harvest the same amount of resources.

The amount they need to be crafted may be reduced in future, I thought I'd push this update first and get feedback. :)

Hello. Good afternoon! I've just spent almost an hour trying to play. I'm having trouble.. The mod won't launch; when using the launcher, click play mod, the vanilla version loads. The log file shows errors/exceptions (I don't know much about these kind of errors.)

It's not my launcher, I can play another mod.

Thanks Sphereii. :) I was going to say I just tested it and I can't get it to work through the mod launcher, but downloading and patching manually works.

Also, apparently people arent always getting the UMATextures folder through the launcher. Me and Kickz found that out.

Thanks Sphereii. :) I was going to say I just tested it and I can't get it to work through the mod launcher, but downloading and patching manually works.

Also, apparently people arent always getting the UMATextures folder through the launcher. Me and Kickz found that out.

Working for some but not for others. They dropped support for a SSL method that the launcher defaulted too.

I saw where HaidrGna had pushed a change out. It was his GnaNomad Mode mod that I'd tested earlier to see if any of the mods worked from the launcher before I'd posted about having trouble... and it did work.

It worked for Kickz about 2 hours ago too because he's streaming this mod atm. Updated fine through the launcher. But as Sphereii said, it only seems to be working for some people.

Another update!

Folks have asked for this... so I've done it.

Compo pack is now included in the mod! I've also included Tin's POI's from his 16.3 rwgmixer thread, so make sure you give him some love. :) I did disable the a-frame houses, because... honestly... I personally don't like them. Too much free loot and the doors that don't go anywhere really irritate me.

Another update!

Folks have asked for this... so I've done it.

Compo pack is now included in the mod! I've also included Tin's POI's from his 16.3 rwgmixer thread, so make sure you give him some love. :) I did disable the a-frame houses, because... honestly... I personally don't like them. Too much free loot and the doors that don't go anywhere really irritate me.

Question .. Is it included totally .. OR .. as an add-on ??

And has it already been Updated in the Mod Launcher ........... "new game = Yes or No" ...... I guessing New Game to be on the safe side.

Have a great weekend .... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

It has been included totally, not as an addon.

Simply because it was a headache trying to incorporate it and I'm tired. ;) I can muck around with things and put up a non-version if people wish.

New game is NOT needed as far as I know. You just won't find any POI's until you go to an unexplored area, if I'm right with how rwg works.

EDIT: Actually, sort-of done. I've put the original rwgmixer file in the Data folder. If you don't want to use the compo pack, just copy that into the Config folder. :)

This way it gives users a choice, and I have a backup as well. Which is good, because I'm dumb and I've overwritten files by accident once already!

If you changing the mixer from a vanilla to tins the new game is going to be required as the newly explored chunks are going to be vastly different and have really sharp Cliffs compared to the vanilla mixer. But I'm only assuming that you're coming from a vanilla mixer.

If you changing the mixer from a vanilla to tins the new game is going to be required as the newly explored chunks are going to be vastly different and have really sharp Cliffs compared to the vanilla mixer. But I'm only assuming that you're coming from a vanilla mixer.

Nah. It's the same mixer from a few pages ago, but with the new POI's added.

So no odd cliffs... though the sharp cliffs look cool. I miss having cliff-side bases carved into the rock. :)

Darkness Falls Bug Report from Horth

Bug Report Darkness Falls

1. Killing a lumberjack with a titanium fireaxe does not update the Kill Lumberjacks with a Fireaxe Quest

2. The blue Pistol Tips and Tricks book cannot ever be read to update pistol skill - It can only be scrapped.

Notes from Horth

February 24, 2018

Bug Report Darkness Falls

1. Killing a lumberjack with a titanium fireaxe does not update the Kill Lumberjacks with a Fireaxe Quest

2. The blue Pistol Tips and Tricks book cannot ever be read to update pistol skill - It can only be scrapped.

Notes from Horth

February 24, 2018

1) Working locally. Please make sure you have the latest version because I was an idiot and labelled the pistol recipe perk the same name as the pistol SKILL. So either book would teach you the recipe and then not work for the skill. I fixed that a few days ago. :)

2) Fixed and pushed to github. Scrap Iron Fireaxe was also missing, so I added it.

Thanks for the info! :)

Tiny update!

Radiated Earth blocks in Hub City now apply a radiation debuff when walked on. Lasts for 30 seconds, -1 health/water per 3 seconds, -10 stamina per 3 seconds, -1 wellness per 10 seconds.

So be careful where you walk! (they show as red on the map, green in-game)

EDIT: Also removed the perk requirements for the Forge perk, Farming perk and Leather Tanning perk. You can now buy these at game start, if you want, or read the book without buying tool crafting/armour crafting.