Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

They do for me.

I'll re-push the mods folder with the icon before I go to bed, just in-case.

EDIT: YEP! I'm dumb. I pushed it to the EAC version, but not the BBM version. I shall do that tonight, but you can grab the mods folder from the EAC version and use that if you don't want to wait/in-case I forget since it's nearly 1am. ;)

Ah! That makes sense as to why it's only a problem for some people. :p

Problem exists between keyboard and chair. ;)

BBM version now has the icons. Server and EAC versions had them, so no issues there.

I think the rwgmixer is now in a place I want. However, I will not be pushing it atm as I'm supposed to be away for the weekend.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I do not. I have one for my twitch, but that's probably not appropriate ;)

And I do hang out in the 7 days to die discord a LOT.

EDIT: Actually I'll add a channel to the twitch one I already have when I get back from my holiday. Don't fancy trying to mess around with it on mobile!

question where on earth do u find a weilding tourch or caliper we been lookin all over and cant find either one

Can drop in construction crates/working stiffs crates or on construction zombies. I think I also added them to traders as a rare thing for them to get in stock.

so i got my barter up to 100/100 BUT BUT i need secret stash 3/3 but i cant as barter only goes to 100 so ya needs to be fixed as there are others things that dont match up like with the pistols stuff so how u expect us to do good in mod if we cant lvl stuff up ???? can u plz take a look at the pt system and fix it tk u

Putting this here as a note for myself.

Move calipers & welding torch from raretools to normal tools lootgroup, and fix secret stash for all 3 versions of the mod when I get home.

Then edit meat stew so it isnt a superfood and add hydration to tree sap as the world has less water.

Then check quests.

Big update time!

rwgmixer.xml has been tweaked a LOT. I'm using the cities from Tin's rwgmixer, because they're amazing, plus what I learned from his file to remove water generation (yes, removed) and then one of his lake POI's to create small water POI's for people to find. There's now larger hills, but still plenty of flat ground to build.

You want to drink? Find lakes, swimming pools, water towers, etc.

To compensate for this, bottle of sap and bowl of sap have been given a small amount of hydration (+1 whenever you drink). You can get these by left-clicking any ALIVE tree (so not tree's in the plains, wasteland or burnt forest) with an empty jar or empty bowl.

Ranged-only bandits now spawn in wasteland_hub. Be afraid. Melee bandits now have a variety of melee weeapons instead of every single one carrying a spiked club.

A second hub city has been added, but it's rare, and it's on the map SOMEWHERE. Good hunting. :D

The 3 main skyscrapers (Crack-a-book, pharmacutical and the tower) now only spawn in hub city... if random gen likes you. The construction site continues to spawn as normal.

Because the center of the map is now so dangerous, I've added a "normal" wasteland around it that has decreased spawns. This is just in-case the game decides to spawn you near the wasteland at the start. Gives you a chance to run away.

Any class quest that requires you to make boiled water (in a can) will now give you cans of murky water first since water is harder to find (or they should. If not, please tell me!).

That should be everything. You shouldn't need a new world, but expect strangeness if you continue your saves. :)

Good day KhaineGB:

Question .. You said " Big Update Time " ... Have you done it already or is it coming soon ??

AND Do we start a New Game?? Just wondering from the Old Gamer. Thank You

Have Fun and Enjoy

Never Mind .. I guess I should read the bottom line .. Me bad .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

And an info update on "planned features."

I've been doing some research and I believe I have a "realistic" way to craft gun parts. You'll have to find and loot a special workbench (no, it won't be craftable) in order to make gun parts. The idea is currently in the testing phase... which basically means I have a block that works as a crafting area and I'm trying to see how I can break the game. ;) But I want to tweak it's apperance and such, then I need to add recipes, etc.

Gun crafting update!

You can now craft guns! Recipes for the parts are unlocked with the schematics/books/perks, so you learn how to assemble the gun AND make it's parts. It uses your Gun Smithing skill, so now there's a point in levelling it! (Aside from combining guns)

Making the parts requires the use of a CNC machine. This is NOT something you can craft. You have to find it. The CNC machine is part of the rareTools loot group, so you're looking for lumberjacks, working stiffs crates and collapsed workbenches. There is also a chance of buying it from the trader with the appropriate Secret Stash perk.

Yes, this makes the CNC machine intentionally rare. It's very unlikely I will be changing it.

This has already been pushed to GitHub, so have fun! Working on gun mods next. :)

Gun crafting update!

You can now craft guns! Recipes for the parts are unlocked with the schematics/books/perks, so you learn how to assemble the gun AND make it's parts. It uses your Gun Smithing skill, so now there's a point in levelling it! (Aside from combining guns)

Making the parts requires the use of a CNC machine. This is NOT something you can craft. You have to find it. The CNC machine is part of the rareTools loot group, so you're looking for lumberjacks, working stiffs crates and collapsed workbenches. There is also a chance of buying it from the trader with the appropriate Secret Stash perk.

Yes, this makes the CNC machine intentionally rare. It's very unlikely I will be changing it.

This has already been pushed to GitHub, so have fun! Working on gun mods next. :)

I am loving your mod! I've spread the word and have a few more people looking at playing it.. Thank you & Keep up the good work!

awesome mod love it.

I am loving your mod! I've spread the word and have a few more people looking at playing it.. Thank you & Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! Glad you both like it :) I was just watching someone stream it (I believe it was NBornKilla, assuming it's just a shortened version of the youtube name!) and noticed scrap iron tools were worse than stone, so I just pushed a fix for that.

yeah it was me :)

Thought so. :) I got a basic spear working, btw.

I also just want to give a thank you to everyone who has tried the mod out, streamed it or made videos. The fact people even consider it to be worth a small amount of their time AND want to share it with others? That's amazing. I honestly thought this would just be a thing for me, my wife and my friends to have fun with.

And don't feel you can't offer criticism. I'm always up for constructive criticism or bug reports. :)