Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Also I'm testing stuff. Put the combat axe and iron crossbow in from valmod and put the stone crossbow bolts back.

Decreased the size of the UMA textures, which still look great in game AND it loads faster so I will likely include them as standard.

Can you write the new addons in the first post in other color? is so difdicult to differientate to the before post actualization, and sorry for my bad english, and good mod, i love the mod! congrats for the job!

I shall do that when I get home :)

Recently set this up on my server i host for my little community, the mod itself seems really cool, but i'm having a few issues (possible that its user error? =P)

I have 2 people who cannot get icons to show up for them, they just have blank spaces, personally it took verifying files for it to work for my client, they cannot seem to replicate it.

The other issue i seem to be running into is lag, just while running through the wasteland and other areas, i will get 1-3 seconds of lag (caused a LOT of deaths). The memory usage isn't peaking on my server, that seems to be totally fine, and the game still seems to move, as the zombies move, i hear sounds and the like while my visuals are lagging very hard.

Is there another step to do? I first thought maybe i needed everyone to download the mod files into their directory and then start the server, but they still can't see the icons then. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

From the time reading up on this mod and playing it, this is a rare trader thing. You are not able to craft it.

This is correct. The CNC machine is not craftable on purpose. You have to go find it.

Recently set this up on my server i host for my little community, the mod itself seems really cool, but i'm having a few issues (possible that its user error? =P)

I have 2 people who cannot get icons to show up for them, they just have blank spaces, personally it took verifying files for it to work for my client, they cannot seem to replicate it.

The other issue i seem to be running into is lag, just while running through the wasteland and other areas, i will get 1-3 seconds of lag (caused a LOT of deaths). The memory usage isn't peaking on my server, that seems to be totally fine, and the game still seems to move, as the zombies move, i hear sounds and the like while my visuals are lagging very hard.

Is there another step to do? I first thought maybe i needed everyone to download the mod files into their directory and then start the server, but they still can't see the icons then. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

Icon files have to be client-side or they won't work. The server only pushes XML as far as I know (had this issue locally. Wife had the icon files in the wrong directory)

As for the lag, check YOUR memory usage. I've noticed it tends to happen around UMA stuff (new zombies, survivors, bandits) and the smaller texture files I'm working with has really, really helped with this!

So even if I don't push the rest of the mod on Sunday, I will be uploading the new texture files. :)

Definitely going to upload the modified UMA textures tonight. Random frame dips are a LOT better on my laptop and the initial load times are way better.

Not sure when as I'm still in Wales right now, but definitely tonight.

awesome! Appreciate the help, i'll just have to get them to make sure they're transfering over right and getting the mod in the right folder.

as for the random frame dips thats great! Not fun to be running from a feral and have 2 seconds of lag while a new zombie load xD Overall, i really like the mod, SO brutal.

I know its still unfinished, but i notice some of the skills/perks/quests have no description, just point to a place saying something like "MANDPPERKDESC" I assumed they just were not finished yet, but i wanted to double check and make sure i don't have something messed up :)

awesome! Appreciate the help, i'll just have to get them to make sure they're transfering over right and getting the mod in the right folder.

as for the random frame dips thats great! Not fun to be running from a feral and have 2 seconds of lag while a new zombie load xD Overall, i really like the mod, SO brutal.

I know its still unfinished, but i notice some of the skills/perks/quests have no description, just point to a place saying something like "MANDPPERKDESC" I assumed they just were not finished yet, but i wanted to double check and make sure i don't have something messed up :)

Chances are i'm either dumb af and missed it, or dumb af and got the code wrong. ;)

So if you spot any, do tell me!

EDIT: Oh! You could also be missing a localisation file. That controls perk/skill/quest/item descriptions

Chances are i'm either dumb af and missed it, or dumb af and got the code wrong. ;)

So if you spot any, do tell me!

EDIT: Oh! You could also be missing a localisation file. That controls perk/skill/quest/item descriptions

i will absolutely look into it :o Would those be client side as well? or server side? i know the server side SHOULD be set up right, but the client side stuff not so sure lol

i will absolutely look into it :o Would those be client side as well? or server side? i know the server side SHOULD be set up right, but the client side stuff not so sure lol

I am pretty sure localisation is also client side rather than server side.

That took me AGES to upload, but done!

v1.4.2.

UMA Textures reduced in size from 4096x4096 to 2048x2048. This means the game doesn't need to generate them on first boot anymore, and performance has been increased (at least on my laptop)

We just loaded this up on a home system and have a bunch of people playing on it. Pretty fun so far! We're hiding in the forest and there are naked, glowing Zeds everywhere. The survivors and the bandits are a hoot too. Our explanation for the survivors is they are infected but haven't turned yet. This is why they seem to wander aimlessly and don't speak.

That took me AGES to upload, but done!

v1.4.2.

UMA Textures reduced in size from 4096x4096 to 2048x2048. This means the game doesn't need to generate them on first boot anymore, and performance has been increased (at least on my laptop)

awesome to hear! I will definitely give it a try and report back. is it the same link in the original post? or a different one?

awesome to hear! I will definitely give it a try and report back. is it the same link in the original post? or a different one?

Same link :) I always just update github. Makes it easier for everyone + then it works with the mod launcher.

Good day KhaineGB:

Question; did your get the version number added into game as of yet ??

I just went into game and it took alittle better than 2:37 min for it to "Pre-Sync Mod" and about the same after hitting play mod using Launcher ....... Anyway .. The game really looks good .. not sure what you did .. but looks good .......... But still no version number to be found.

Just wondering if that had been done yet .. OR .. Do I have to start a totally new game for it to show up ... I check game log and it said 1.4

Thank you ahead of time .... the Old Gamer ... :02.47-tranquillity:

V1.5 Update!

• Instant Death Zone removed from the Rad Zone! (do NOT go off the map! Try to stay below 20,000 in any direction)
  • Hub City POI's added to the Rad Zone + a couple of the OP ones from the compo pack, so there's a reason to go looking.
  • Radiated Ground now grants the "Deadly Radiation" debuff. Lasts 30 mins. -1 wellness every minute, -1 health every 30 seconds, -10 stamina every 30 seconds, -1 hydration every minute.
  • Anti-rad meds added to remove the Deadly Radiation debuff. Grants an immunity buff for 30 mins. Can be found as "Rare Medicine" or crafted in the chemistry station. (Unlocked via science skill)
  • Zombie Behemoth and Zombie Behemoth Radiated added. Rare spawns outside of hub city.
  • Loot lists tweaked.
  • Axes skill and Lumberjack perk added. Stone Axe no longer upgrades, but levels the Axes skill, which then does more block damage. Lumberjack perk does more entity damage + harvest amount.
  • Marksman perk added. Used for bows, increases entity damage.
  • Stone hammer added. Counts as a construction tool. Used only for repairing and upgrading.
  • Starter quests changed. Now need to craft bedroll + stone axe. Civilian class now needs to craft a stone hammer instead of a stone axe.
  • Lockpicks and Door Bash from Valmod added! Now you can unlock safes (takes a while, but less time than an axe) and bash doors open without breaking them.
  • Mod name and version number added to the in-game menu (ESC key)
  • Crossbow will take stone, iron and steel bolts only.
  • Steel crossbow added from valmod (was iron in that mod) that will take steel, exploding and titanium bolts.
  • Both types able to take scopes.
  • Combat axe from Valmod added. There's also a titanium version.
  • "resting" buffs have been reapplied to bedrolls and beds. Better beds give a better buff, so now there's a point to making them.
  • Roaming Hordes changed. Now include new zombies and hordes specifically designed to batter your base!
  • Run Forrest Run has been re-activated, but cannot be purchased. You can only learn it from rare books!
  • Trader lists updated to have a chance to sell the anti-rad meds & Run Forrest Run book.

Bug Fixes and Tweaks.

• Slightly increased the damage of the P225 so it's a little better than the Pistol.
  • Tweaked rewards of the Trader Defense quests so the hard one is actually rewarding.
  • Fixed minibike storage for the EAC/non-BBM version of the mod.
  • NPC variety added to trader guards.

Already on GitHub, so go download and install it via your preferred method. :D

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

A little bit more info regarding my comment on the rad zone.

It's set in the files to start generating around 15,000 from 0,0 (it was like this in the previous version as well, so a new world won't be required). In reality, I found it started generating closer to 10,500. I've set the world limit to 25,000 for terrain generation and the rad zone to go out to 30,000. Once I started crossing the 20,000 threshold, there was a chance of errors occurring that basically meant I couldn't move, had to log out, log back in and usually got kicked out to the edge of the rad zone... because the actual "terrain generation" stops somewhere around 20,500-21,000.

So be VERY careful. If you're getting near the edge of the map, then you're crossing into dangerous territory.

Is the link in the first post for the UMA textures still needed/valid, or are the smaller ones now included by default anyway?

Having a bit of an issue here. Downloaded and extracted the new version on the computer i play on (server is doing fine, and running great!) but when i load the game, it just sits at a black screen, never loads, only way to bypass is to verify integrity, when i do that, i get string errors in the command console, looking like an issue with the textures. Is there something that normally causes this, maybe a specific file i can pull out and not include?

On another note, even with the errors the lag is reduced when you encounter a new zombie, much improved!