Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Insomnia is a pain, but it's handy for coding.

So I've been working on the mod pretty much all day. Modified some existing POI's and then saved them as new ones to spawn into the world. Added a lot of the zombies tagged as "missing" (most of which are all rad zombies, or feral rad zombies), plus a few new ones. Still need to add them to entitygroups so they can spawn, then test. I also fixed the "infinite loot" bug on the destroyed workstations by having them destroy on close.

Sadly means loss of resources, but it prevents that exploit, which I believe is a vanilla thing.

None of this is on github yet, just wanted to give folks a heads up on what's going on. :)

Big Update Time!

I've been forgetting to do version numbers, so I went through the thread, totalled up everything I consider to be a "big" update and used that to work out what version the mod should be on. So let's call this v1.4. :)

• 5 "new" POI's! They are modifications of current ones, but should make for some variation.
  • New zombies for the above POI's! Tread carefully.
  • Lots of zombies listed as "missing" in the files have been added! This means some extra ferals and a LOT of radiated and feral radiated zombies have been added.
  • Radiated Dogs, Bears and Vultures added! ...with a surprise... *evil grin*
  • The "ZombieScouts" group has been edited. Expect some surprises.

I need to go through the gamestage stuff to edit wandering hordes and 7 day hordes to include some of these new zombies, but that's a big job, so I've left it alone for now. The new zombies require UMA textures to be built, so first run after the update will have a laggy menu. Let the game do it's thing (go make a coffee or something) and when the menu is not laggy, close the game and reload to clear your RAM.

There might be some localization that I've missed, so let me know of any bugs or the like as per usual. :)

Good day KhaineGB

Does this mean V 1.4 is Live on the launcher or still being worked on ??

And thank you for FINALLY putting a version on them ... :02.47-tranquillity:

Yep, it's on the launcher/github. :)

Hi lad i have tried your mod but the lag is making it unplayable any suggestions

Only thing I can think of is let the mod boot up on first run, generate your world, then close the game and try it again. That clears out the RAM.

Also make sure you have a UMATextures folder and you arent getting a ton if console errors when the mod first loads.

For some reason, with only this mod as the BBM version, I get 0 frames at the main menu and it is unusable. Tried a fresh install too. Got a fix or idea?

Completely normal. It means it's building the UMA textures for the new zombies.

Always does it when I delete my dev version and redownload/patch it. As long as you don't have a ton of console errors, just let it get to the menu, go make a coffee, come back and it should be done.

I always recommend leaving it to do it's thing, generating your world, then closing the game to clear RAM and then play. :) Works great on all 3 PC's I've tested it on (including the laptop).

For some reason, with only this mod as the BBM version, I get 0 frames at the main menu and it is unusable. Tried a fresh install too. Got a fix or idea?

COMPLETELY normal for many of the 7D2D mods ...... Its a load screen more than anything else ..... I get 0 to 60 up and down

When you have to worry .. is when you get into the Game and then it is Subject to the spec's of your computer ..... Any Modded Game should have a minimum of 16 Ram for reasonable performance.

Lag

Yep, it's on the launcher/github. :)

Only thing I can think of is let the mod boot up on first run, generate your world, then close the game and try it again. That clears out the RAM.

Also make sure you have a UMATextures folder and you arent getting a ton if console errors when the mod first loads.

I do get a wall of red text when starting where can i get a copy of UMAT TEXTURES FOLDER. i should mention i use the 7dtd launcher

Hi lad dont worry i managed to fix it cheers

Thought it might be something like that. Glad you sorted it. :)

Can someone tell me the minimum system req for this mod please,thx in advance

Well if you read the very first post, I put the specs of the PC I used to develop the mod before it finally died (and it wasn't to do with the mod, backlight died on the monitor, then the keyboard started to go... but it was old).

That should give you an idea. As a very general rule, graphics card from 2011, a quad core CPU (like an i5) and 8GB RAM should be fine. I do NOT recommend running it on a laptop that doesn't have a proper, dedicated graphics card... but then I don't recommend that for any game. ;)

Completely normal. It means it's building the UMA textures for the new zombies.

Always does it when I delete my dev version and redownload/patch it. As long as you don't have a ton of console errors, just let it get to the menu, go make a coffee, come back and it should be done.

I always recommend leaving it to do it's thing, generating your world, then closing the game to clear RAM and then play. :) Works great on all 3 PC's I've tested it on (including the laptop).

Ok, I have it working now. Never had to deal with that with Valmod. Another question though, any way I can get the SMX Hud to work? Obviously it can just overwrite your XUI but then the custom workstations and such do not work.

Can someone tell me the minimum system req for this mod please,thx in advance

Vanilla Game : Windows Recommended

•Processor: 3.0 Ghz Quad Core CPU or faster

•Memory: 12 GB RAM

•Graphics: 2 GB Dedicated Memory

•Direct X: Version 10

•Network: Broadband internet connection

•Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

•Sound Card: Direct X compatible

And if you are running a Heavy MODDED Game ....... I hoping you have 32 Ram

Just a thought you might want to consider.

Good evening KhaineGB

I have a suggestion ... Could you post the version with-in the game or on the Launcher .. because it does not show up anywhere that I see.

Just got done with 7 day horde .. but I thought the version show up somewhere. It doesn't .. Have a great evening :02.47-tranquillity:

Ok, I have it working now. Never had to deal with that with Valmod. Another question though, any way I can get the SMX Hud to work? Obviously it can just overwrite your XUI but then the custom workstations and such do not work.

No idea. I haven't tried adding SMX hud to anything. I may look into it and stick it on the first post as a seperate download if I can make it play nice.

However most of the workstation windows are at the bottom of the windows.xml and xui.xml files if you want to try and do it yourself. :) And there's comments to identify them.

Good evening KhaineGB

I have a suggestion ... Could you post the version with-in the game or on the Launcher .. because it does not show up anywhere that I see.

Just got done with 7 day horde .. but I thought the version show up somewhere. It doesn't .. Have a great evening :02.47-tranquillity:

I... actually have no idea on that. I think I'd need to rename the github repo, which may then break the link. However, it does tell you in the console when you first load the game at the menu. :)

Vanilla Game : Windows Recommended

•Processor: 3.0 Ghz Quad Core CPU or faster

•Memory: 12 GB RAM

•Graphics: 2 GB Dedicated Memory

•Direct X: Version 10

•Network: Broadband internet connection

•Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

•Sound Card: Direct X compatible

And if you are running a Heavy MODDED Game ....... I hoping you have 32 Ram

Just a thought you might want to consider.

I know this,but i have Core I3 3.33Ghz,8GB RAM,GPU AMD Radeon 5670 HD 1GB and SSD HDD and i run perfectly anymod,including Starvation(who req the most of all)...This req are not rly reals...I'd like a reply from someone with a slower pc than mine if he able to run the mod.Thank you!(I ask for a friend with a lower pc and verry low internet speed,prob 20h to download the game and the mod :)) )

I told you what my system spec was and how I ran it.

If you can run starvation, you can run this because it needs less RAM and has less models in it. It's more like War of the Walkers or Valmod in terms of system requirements.

And I doubt you're gonna hear from someone with a worse PC than you, because that's Core2Duo/Core2Quad territory. Your friend is going to have to just try the game and see if it works, then see what mods work and accept their PC is gonna need an upgrade.

As for his internet speed, why not take the game to him on a USB stick? It's seriously like... 4GB uncompressed and 2GB compressed to download.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Quick patch! (v1.4.1)

• Fishing poles now break at 0 durability due to NRE bug. This is a very quick fix for that.
  • Lead Fishing Weights now craftable in both forges.
  • All 3 types of bandages and boiled water in a can now stack to 15.

I... actually have no idea on that. I think I'd need to rename the github repo, which may then break the link. However, it does tell you in the console when you first load the game at the menu. :)

Speaking to Subquake on this cos he's the genius, it's prefered to script this to show mod version in game when you press Esc. The escape menu is edited to show mod version from client localization file (manual editing of this file is very time consuming), the server version is stored in xml of mod UI pushed to the client so versions can differ. Zip needs to be versioned too, which can be scripted (powershell). If scripted the chance for errors is reduced. Hope this helps somewhat in the development of your mod :)

Haven't had a chance to play your mod but enjoying people streaming it including G4K where I seen you hang out, just lurking as always.

Speaking to Subquake on this cos he's the genius, it's prefered to script this to show mod version in game when you press Esc. The escape menu is edited to show mod version from client localization file (manual editing of this file is very time consuming), the server version is stored in xml of mod UI pushed to the client so versions can differ. Zip needs to be versioned too, which can be scripted (powershell). If scripted the chance for errors is reduced. Hope this helps somewhat in the development of your mod :)

Haven't had a chance to play your mod but enjoying people streaming it including G4K where I seen you hang out, just lurking as always.

I love watching kickz. The manly warcries are the best part of the show when someone subs. ;)

Though being called a bastard for changing the wrench recipe was pretty awesome too. I totally clipped that.

I love watching kickz. The manly warcries are the best part of the show when someone subs. ;)

Though being called a bastard for changing the wrench recipe was pretty awesome too. I totally clipped that.

He does manly sneezes as well, he did a high-pitched one some months ago :D

Was that as well as the hoe? Cos Kickz couldn't fertilise with the iron hoe as he was using scrap iron hoe which was a nice little mod troll ;). He said: "You're so lucky you're not sitting right beside me, Charlie horse would be an understatement of what you would be receiving right now". Surprising people like this are the best trolls, and I'll try to swing by your next Twitch stream or just watch your previous VODs for tips :)