Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Loving the mod so far, Just one question tho.. Since you did the update with the compo pack etc, it does not seem to load any of it in?, Still seems to be vanilla buildings etc. Updated through the mod launcher no success, tried manual but do not think that worked either.

Odd. Was working for me and some other folks on stream...

Will test it later or tomorrow depending on how soon I go to bed.

EDIT: Yep. Definitely working, and the default file includes the compo pack POI's in the rwgmixer. There's a lot more in cities than the wilderness though. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Odd. Was working for me and some other folks on stream...

Will test it later or tomorrow depending on how soon I go to bed.

EDIT: Yep. Definitely working, and the default file includes the compo pack POI's in the rwgmixer. There's a lot more in cities than the wilderness though. :)

Hey Khain, I am actually having the same problem, non of the new Poi's are there, I have tried 3 different seeds, with no luck. I deleted the mod and reinstalled it, I even tried the bbm mod, and still no new Poi's. I'm not really tech savy, so I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Okay, there was a problem, and I fixed it.

Basically I had the original rwgmixer.xml file in the Data folder. This wasn't an issue with the old mod launcher because I've seen people playing with the compo pack.

The new version was copying that original file into the config directory and overwriting the one that's supposed to spawn the new compo pack POI's.

So I've zipped up the original file and deleted the XML file. That way, compo pack is the default but the original is still there in-case anyone needs it. So the issue is now sorted.

@sphereii is the launcher SUPPOSED to do that? ;)

Hey Khaine. Can you check in the farming perk(s).. After changing & removing some of those requirements, it still seems that for example farming which needed the scraptools perk (but you had it for free from construction or mining) it still wanted that perk bought. Now my scraptools perk is already done and in farming, its checked next to having all the requirements for farming, but if I try to buy the farming perk, it won't allow it with a message saying not all requirements are met.

I imagine its something small that missing...

Thanks!!

Okay, there was a problem, and I fixed it.

Basically I had the original rwgmixer.xml file in the Data folder. This wasn't an issue with the old mod launcher because I've seen people playing with the compo pack.

The new version was copying that original file into the config directory and overwriting the one that's supposed to spawn the new compo pack POI's.

So I've zipped up the original file and deleted the XML file. That way, compo pack is the default but the original is still there in-case anyone needs it. So the issue is now sorted.

@sphereii is the launcher SUPPOSED to do that? ;)

I looked at the history of the repos, and see where the files were. I am not sure what caused the issue with the bad one copying over.

For replacement files like compo pack, I usually recommend creating a top level folder with the file in, and I can modify the configuration to either use the default or compo pack.

Greetings!

I just thought you'd like to know that out of the 4 mods I showcased the past month, your one is the most popular by a landslide :D So, if nothing changes by tomorrow, your mod will be getting a full streamed let's play series starting from tomorrow night (and this is highly likely as yours is miles ahead). I've been following the thread closely and looks like there's some more awesome stuff I have to try out when we get there :D

I did have an idea for some interesting hordes... If you've got bandits in the game already, well chances are that some of them would have become zombies after a while when the infected finally got them. So maybe at some specific gamestage ranges, on horde nights you could have bandit zombie hordes or mix zombie bandits in with the regular hordes for a bit of extra oomph. Maybe bandit zombies could be a boss zombie type? You could also find them roaming around the cities too and in high rooms in POIs that have the loot.

Looking forward to seeing the base-crushing zombies as well, I usually don't build much in the early game since I find melee works a treat, but I'll see if I can focus in this series on building defensively to give your zeds a test drive.

... and optionally for us real horde lovers... maybe add SphereII's nightly blood moons mod with Gup's blood moon trickle as a variant for a 'they REALLY come out at night!' sort of feel? Would love to give that a shot as well if you'd consider trying that... It would probably work only on a 2 hour day cycle, but it would give you 90 mins looting and fortifying, with 30 min hordes. I can see that making early base building a challenge and you'd have to hold up in POIs the first week to harvest enough resources whilst being constantly beaten down by the hordes :) Just a thought, could be awesome and if you wanted to go REALLY nuts, all the hordes could be at a minimum feral zombies ;):D BUT that's just a thought...

Hey Khaine. Can you check in the farming perk(s).. After changing & removing some of those requirements, it still seems that for example farming which needed the scraptools perk (but you had it for free from construction or mining) it still wanted that perk bought. Now my scraptools perk is already done and in farming, its checked next to having all the requirements for farming, but if I try to buy the farming perk, it won't allow it with a message saying not all requirements are met.

I imagine its something small that missing...

Thanks!!

The perk is commented out in the code right now...

<perk name="Farming" icon="resource" description_key="farmingDesc" title_key="farming" max_level="3" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="3" group="crafting">
	<!-- <requirement skill_level="1" required_skill_name="Scrap Iron Tools" required_skill_level="1"/> -->
	<recipe name="plantedChrysanthemum1" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="plantedCorn1" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="waterBarrel1" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="plantedBlueberry1" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="plantedMushroom1" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="seedCarrot" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="plantedAloe1" unlock_level="3"/>
	<recipe name="plantedCoffee1" unlock_level="3"/>
	<recipe name="seedWheat" unlock_level="3"/>
</perk>

Just out of interest, it might be worth trying a new game and seeing if the issue still exists. It worked fine for me on a new game (I always quickly boot up a navezgane map to test anything)

Greetings!

I just thought you'd like to know that out of the 4 mods I showcased the past month, your one is the most popular by a landslide :D So, if nothing changes by tomorrow, your mod will be getting a full streamed let's play series starting from tomorrow night (and this is highly likely as yours is miles ahead). I've been following the thread closely and looks like there's some more awesome stuff I have to try out when we get there :D

I did have an idea for some interesting hordes... If you've got bandits in the game already, well chances are that some of them would have become zombies after a while when the infected finally got them. So maybe at some specific gamestage ranges, on horde nights you could have bandit zombie hordes or mix zombie bandits in with the regular hordes for a bit of extra oomph. Maybe bandit zombies could be a boss zombie type? You could also find them roaming around the cities too and in high rooms in POIs that have the loot.

Looking forward to seeing the base-crushing zombies as well, I usually don't build much in the early game since I find melee works a treat, but I'll see if I can focus in this series on building defensively to give your zeds a test drive.

... and optionally for us real horde lovers... maybe add SphereII's nightly blood moons mod with Gup's blood moon trickle as a variant for a 'they REALLY come out at night!' sort of feel? Would love to give that a shot as well if you'd consider trying that... It would probably work only on a 2 hour day cycle, but it would give you 90 mins looting and fortifying, with 30 min hordes. I can see that making early base building a challenge and you'd have to hold up in POIs the first week to harvest enough resources whilst being constantly beaten down by the hordes :) Just a thought, could be awesome and if you wanted to go REALLY nuts, all the hordes could be at a minimum feral zombies ;):D BUT that's just a thought...

Your community must hate you then, max. ;)

Regarding zombies and such, I do plan to put more in later, and using the bandit and survivor archetypes to make slightly tougher zombies is on my "to-do" list. Right now I want to get the missing radiated and feral radiated zombies into the mod, then maybe work on the wandering horde system a bit along with the 7 day hordes.

Basically I thought it might make things interesting to throw those zombies in with the normal ones and feral ones just to mi things up... and as mentioned, I do want to work on some that prioritize destroying your base.

Just a heads up for folks. I usually try and do a bit on the mod every single day, but I likely won't be today.

For those who don't know, I pretty much use my laptop for modding since I can do coding while I do my physio crap. Not saying that to get sympathy or anything, it's just a heads up. But anyway, the laptop is basically dead at this point. The monitor is dead (using an external right now via HDMI), the sound card is dead (thank god the HDMI monitor has speakers...), the DVD drive PORT doesn't work (tested with DVD drive and one of those caddies that lets you plug a HDD in) and the keyboard is on it's way out (using an external right now)... oh... and the power brick only works 50% of the time... and the battery is buggered.

Sooooo... I've got a new one turning up today. That means I'm basically spending my time backing up EVERYTHING ready to move to the new laptop. :) I'll try and get any really bad bugs fixed, but saving data is today's priority.

Very small update!

Tweaked the loot tables to remove leather schematics and scrap iron schematics for all "parts" except the chest.

Reason: All the books only gave +1 to the appropriate skill anyway (Leather Armor Crafting or Scrap Armor Crafting). This way it lowers the chances of getting those books to max out the perk, while also giving other books a good chance to spawn.

Alright, sorry for being quiet... I had a few issues with the new laptop.

Apparently it doesn't like Windows 10, to the point that it'd start getting laggy and unusable instantly after running a game (like 7DTD) or just after a few hours. So I spent today putting Windows 7 back on it, and now it's great!

So I can get back to working on the mod now :D And I can actually run 7DTD at 60fps!

Alright, sorry for being quiet... I had a few issues with the new laptop.

Apparently it doesn't like Windows 10, to the point that it'd start getting laggy and unusable instantly after running a game (like 7DTD) or just after a few hours. So I spent today putting Windows 7 back on it, and now it's great!

So I can get back to working on the mod now :D And I can actually run 7DTD at 60fps!

Did it not come with Window 10 as a pre-install ?? Just wondering and can you send it back IF need be. ??

Well try and have a good day ........ :02.47-tranquillity:

Did it not come with Window 10 as a pre-install ?? Just wondering and can you send it back IF need be. ??

Well try and have a good day ........ :02.47-tranquillity:

It did not. Came with windows 7 as a pre-install because it's a bit older and a refurb (came out in 2013, but is MILES better than the 2011 model laptop I had). But Windows 10 really doesn't like it.

Windows 7? Running like a dream... actually faster than Win 10 too. So it's only a minor inconvenience. :) I liked W7 anyways.

Had ideas for some modified current POI's (they wouldn't replace the current ones, just be additions).

So new zombies may be on hold while I poke at these as potential ideas. :D

Your mod is just amazing and my favorite. Thanks a lot for your nice job. Can't wait for the rest...

It did not. Came with windows 7 as a pre-install because it's a bit older and a refurb (came out in 2013, but is MILES better than the 2011 model laptop I had). But Windows 10 really doesn't like it.

Windows 7? Running like a dream... actually faster than Win 10 too. So it's only a minor inconvenience. :) I liked W7 anyways.

OK KhainesGB ..........I prefer Windows 7 myself and have it on My Laptop also ... but my main Gaming system is running Win 10 pro .. just because a lot of the newer games coming out require Win 10 . .....

Have Fun and Enjoy ..... from the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Small update time!

• Hollow Tip item was missing icon, so one has been added. (thanks Unforgiven!)
  • Ferals had loot lists improved. Also some prep work for adding in extra zombies.
  • Survivors and Bandits now turn into "Human Remains."
  • Melee Survivors and Bandits have slightly improved loot.
  • Ranged Survivors and Bandits now have a chance to drop their weapons and ammo in loot bags!

Small update time!

• Hollow Tip item was missing icon, so one has been added. (thanks Unforgiven!)
  • Ferals had loot lists improved. Also some prep work for adding in extra zombies.
  • Survivors and Bandits now turn into "Human Remains."
  • Melee Survivors and Bandits have slightly improved loot.
  • Ranged Survivors and Bandits now have a chance to drop their weapons and ammo in loot bags!

JUST in time for .. "Horde day 7" .. in about 3hrs game time. .. :02.47-tranquillity: