Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Fantastic! Thank you :)

I can definitely turn it on in the Mod Launcher. I have the config created for it. I would recommend creating a Data/UMATextures/ folder, with at least one texture in it. This will save people from getting a red error on start up, and speed up their start up times after the first load.

I can definitely turn it on in the Mod Launcher. I have the config created for it. I would recommend creating a Data/UMATextures/ folder, with at least one texture in it. This will save people from getting a red error on start up, and speed up their start up times after the first load.

Done! Thank you for the tip. :) I did originally plan to upload all of the textures, but I found out that increased the mod size to 1GB when I was transferring it between PC's here.

Ok, will look into the bandit spawning. They're being a bit of a pain right now, because I already lowered their probability once, and then lowered it even more for the gun ones. :)

When you get to the trader, you should get a class book in your inventory, so make sure you have room.

I had nothing in my inventory, only bottled water and the claimblock, but its ok, got it other wise ;)

Main posted updated with a 45-slot BBM version. Minibike also had it's storage increased to 45 slots, and I increased the size of the container for the dropped player backpack so you won't lose items.

Minibike and backpack retain items if you log out and back in. I cannot guarantee a dropped backpack will, so get your stuff before you log out if you die!

This seems like a very awesome mod and I'd love to stream this as a first impressions video next Tuesday to help get the word out a bit :)

One question I have though - are the gun wielding bandits aimbots that can 1-shot kill you? I find them a little tricky in Starvation due to this and tend to just avoid their POIs but if they're overworld spawns in this mod it might be a bit of a problem for me, since I can't really see them until its too late due to sight impairment :)

Could they perhaps be reduced to spawning in a burnt or wasteland biome so at least we can avoid them if we want to? I'm all for melee ones spawning in other biomes, just those damn ranged sniper aimbot ones that don't really sit well with me :) But, if I gotta poke up with it I'll still try this anyway :D

This seems like a very awesome mod and I'd love to stream this as a first impressions video next Tuesday to help get the word out a bit :)

One question I have though - are the gun wielding bandits aimbots that can 1-shot kill you? I find them a little tricky in Starvation due to this and tend to just avoid their POIs but if they're overworld spawns in this mod it might be a bit of a problem for me, since I can't really see them until its too late due to sight impairment :)

Could they perhaps be reduced to spawning in a burnt or wasteland biome so at least we can avoid them if we want to? I'm all for melee ones spawning in other biomes, just those damn ranged sniper aimbot ones that don't really sit well with me :) But, if I gotta poke up with it I'll still try this anyway :D

I Think they are now better, yesterdays 1 stunned me, but i was hopping away and killed him. Only thing what don't is good that the famle bandits have male voices.

Btw.: I Was missing some Icons.

Fishing, And The NPC-Weapons / NPC-Ammo

Would Be Nice 60/72 Backpack and 3 Slot For the Forge

Adding new rwgmixer, and some other Prefabs to My Copy of your Mod ;)

Edited by Baobab (see edit history)

They are a bit aim-bot ish. Thankfully the gun ones are now rare and the only ones that are a major problem are the ones with AK-47.

Right now, I believe they only spawn in the plains, burned biome and the wasteland_hub (so around 0,0)

I Think they are now better, yesterdays 1 stunned me, but i was hopping away and killed him. Only thing what don't is good that the famle bandits have male voices.

Btw.: I Was missing some Icons.

Fishing, And The NPC-Weapons / NPC-Ammo

Would Be Nice 60/72 Backpack and 3 Slot For the Forge

Adding new rwgmixer, and some other Prefabs to My Copy of your Mod ;)

There's no female voices in the assets for the bandits, so I figured male was better than nothing because it gives the player an audio cue that it's an enemy.

I never made icons for the NPC weapons because I figured it wouldn't matter. I'll poke the XML and call the currently existing ones later.

I'm not doing anything larger than 45 slot bags, because part of the experience is properly managing your inventory, not just looting everything in sight. But a bigger bag was definitely needed! (If someone else wants to mod in a larger bag, feel free! This was more a personal choice on my part)

Forge is 2 slot for a reason. ;) That reason is the Advanced Forge is 3 slot.

- - - Updated - - -

any issues with bandits/survivors that spawn near traders?

If you mean the NRE spam, then unfortunately yes. That's next on my list to look into. I'm gonna poke the trader prefab XML's and see if I can fix it through that.

Just checked. The fishing stuff all has icons for me (except for a food item that I haven't enabled yet). I'll double check the mods folder on github and ensure they're uploaded.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Mod updated!

• Descriptions added for Fish, Fish Pie and Grilled Fish.
  • Icons added for NPC weapons and ammo, so they properly show up in the creative menu (No new icons, just using existing ones so it's a pure XML edit)

I'm going to look into the trader thing next. I think it's either the "Teleport" thing trying to trigger that's causing the problem, or the trader protection that's the issue. Either way, I'm going to play around with it locally and see if I can sort something out. I know it's an issue on WotW too.

Regarding the trader issue, I've had a bit of a poke around the XML.

Basically, if the class is set to either EntitySurvivor or EntityBandit, then NRE's spawn when either survivors or bandits get near the trader. If I set that to EntityPlayer, the errors stop but the NPC's also don't move or spawn loot... and the chat box gets spammed with "player has died" messages. If I set it to EntityZombie, then the NPC's move and attack, but cause NRE's when you try to loot the corpse and they won't use weapons.

It stops the trader issue though.

Right now, there's 2 options. Either deal with the NRE's and I'll see about adding the anti-NRE console spam mod to the BBM version (can't add it to the EAC version because it uses SDX), or remove traders and spawn a vending machine in the POI that fulfills the same purpose. This would stop the errors AND allow folks to still buy stuff.

Looks like the bigger backpack have a problem with the last 2 rows. When i loot houses or stuff, i can't click R too get all and close the item automaticlly, can ya look into it ?

There's no female voices in the assets for the bandits, so I figured male was better than nothing because it gives the player an audio cue that it's an enemy.

I never made icons for the NPC weapons because I figured it wouldn't matter. I'll poke the XML and call the currently existing ones later.

I'm not doing anything larger than 45 slot bags, because part of the experience is properly managing your inventory, not just looting everything in sight. But a bigger bag was definitely needed! (If someone else wants to mod in a larger bag, feel free! This was more a personal choice on my part)

Forge is 2 slot for a reason. That reason is the Advanced Forge is 3 slot.

All good so far and thx, keep on the good work. ;)

Can you help with an console Error ?

InvalidCastException - Can not cast, what does it mean ?

I Logged Out and in , and all is good.

Edited by Baobab (see edit history)

Looks like the bigger backpack have a problem with the last 2 rows. When i loot houses or stuff, i can't click R too get all and close the item automaticlly, can ya look into it ?

I'll look into the backpack issue tonight. I was planning to stream the mod anyways so I can look for bugs, and that way I have video footage to look back on. :)

Welcome to the Mod Launcher! We have you under "Darkness Falls", with both standard EAC-safe version, and the Bigger Back Pack version

Thank you very much! I shall go and update the OP tonight.

I would love to give this mod a go, it sounds interesting. Only thing is, after the game boots up, and I get to the main menu, it lags so bad. Like the selection indicator does not even move till like 5-10 seconds after I hightlight something. I dont even want to see how the game would run.

Its only this mod tho. I went back to CBMod, just to see if something happened to my game. That mod runs just fine, no slows or anything. Just your mod :(

im playing this and as soon as i even get close to the trader i get null reference even after restarting it keeps coming back [ATTACH=CONFIG]23935[/ATTACH]

That means there's an NPC nearby headbutting the wall or something. I just had it on stream too. Basically any mod using NPC's has it, so I'm looking at alternatives to fix it (like spawning the NPC's and traders in seperate biomes)

I would love to give this mod a go, it sounds interesting. Only thing is, after the game boots up, and I get to the main menu, it lags so bad. Like the selection indicator does not even move till like 5-10 seconds after I hightlight something. I dont even want to see how the game would run.

Its only this mod tho. I went back to CBMod, just to see if something happened to my game. That mod runs just fine, no slows or anything. Just your mod :(

It does that to me as well on both of my rigs. I run it, let it get to the menu, close the game and then reload it. Typically it's because it's generating the UMA textures, then it runs fine.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

im playing this and as soon as i even get close to the trader i get null reference even after restarting it keeps coming back [ATTACH=CONFIG]23935[/ATTACH]

thats happend to me too, but i think mine was from the Bandit that attacks the place !!

next is with in this message it says that some zombies are where removed from Horde Group or something.

Short Log in the spoiler.:

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-02-07T00:13:48 4916.636 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieNurse, id=3328]' is being removed from horde control.

2018-02-07T00:13:49 4918.378 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieFemaleFat, id=3337]' is being removed from horde control.

2018-02-07T00:14:03 4931.646 INF Time: 71.67m FPS: 21.70 Heap: 1179.2MB Max: 1444.2MB Chunks: 460 CGO: 241 Ply: 1 Zom: 30 Ent: 37 (53) Items: 1 CO: 8 RSS: 2046.2MB

2018-02-07T00:14:08 4937.341 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieNurse, id=3332]' is being removed from horde control.

2018-02-07T00:14:10 4939.089 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieYo, id=3336]' is being removed from horde control.

thats happend to me too, but i think mine was from the Bandit that attacks the place !!

next is with in this message it says that some zombies are where removed from Horde Group or something.

Short Log in the spoiler.:

2018-02-07T00:13:48 4916.636 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieNurse, id=3328]' is being removed from horde control.

2018-02-07T00:13:49 4918.378 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieFemaleFat, id=3337]' is being removed from horde control.

2018-02-07T00:14:03 4931.646 INF Time: 71.67m FPS: 21.70 Heap: 1179.2MB Max: 1444.2MB Chunks: 460 CGO: 241 Ply: 1 Zom: 30 Ent: 37 (53) Items: 1 CO: 8 RSS: 2046.2MB

2018-02-07T00:14:08 4937.341 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieNurse, id=3332]' is being removed from horde control.

2018-02-07T00:14:10 4939.089 INF AIDirector: wandering horde zombie '[type=EntityZombie, name=zombieYo, id=3336]' is being removed from horde control.

i just had it again tried a new world and same thing as soon as you get within the trader and the class quest book goes into your bag null ref and its starting to bug me no end

Just pushed a really quick fix since it seems to be helping me on stream.

Reduced amount of survivors and bandits, class book now granted on game START (not when you get to the trader).

Both should be on GitHub. Hopefully that'll help. :) I'm still going to look at limiting where the traders spawn to help with the issue.

As an aside, this isn't JUST a thing with my mod. It happens in WotW if the survivor NPC's get near traders or wandering traders too. It's a pain in the arse.

Just pushed a really quick fix since it seems to be helping me on stream.

Reduced amount of survivors and bandits, class book now granted on game START (not when you get to the trader).

Both should be on GitHub. Hopefully that'll help. :) I'm still going to look at limiting where the traders spawn to help with the issue.

As an aside, this isn't JUST a thing with my mod. It happens in WotW if the survivor NPC's get near traders or wandering traders too. It's a pain in the arse.

cool thx for that

Okay, I had the backpack problem on stream as well. I'm not sure why clicking the "take all" button isn't working. I will have to look into that.

However, the keyboard shortcut to "take all" (which is R by default) works absolutely fine. :) That's what I normally use while playing which is why I didnt notice.