Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Oh, I dropped a backpack about 7km from base. Is there anything I need to know about for how long it'll last in 4.3? I'd love to leave it a couple weeks but really don't want to lose it. It's like 70min realtime of running round trip tho.

Ended up picking it up early. Question though: when I try to upgrade traps and (...something else...) to steel, I get a ding that I don't have steel. This is whether I'm holding 80 or 350. Is that what the Steel Smithing "Steel Plating" perk gives, or is it a bug? It's not quite clear.

He Guys, one question. If i copy the files from modpacks like "experimental recieps" or "true survival" and copyed it in my (always) clean new 7dtd and start the game without the anticheat, it works fine. But it worked not for "ravenhearts". Any idears why its not going?

game launcher is not a option for me. The launcher needs a NET. Framework version, who can not installed at Windows 8 and they dint answered there.

Thx

Ey whyyyyy? I have do it right exacly like 5, 6 times and now its load the mainmenu? Cant unterstand, the same thing with a other pack for two days. The exact same way didnt work since two days ^^.

I dont understand it. But it looks like, that it work now.

Hey, wow, there is a german translation installed. Verry thx for this! :smile-new:

EDIT: Ok i played it only some minits but for now its the best modpack i have seen.

But one think "experimental reciep" do better, you can grab the old little woods in the desserts (500) and the tree-logs (770)

But this is not a big deal, go in the blocks.xml and search for 770, 2038, 500 and write:

<property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>

and the little FrictzHugo3 are happy smile.

And one from the best, no loading-drobs in the craftingmenu (But realy long loading "for" the mainmenu to start the game)

This fu**ing creepy voice at the night. My heart. sooo spoky lol. Realy good job lol.

And the rebuilds from the old buildings like hotel also very cool thing.

Edited by FritzHugo3 (see edit history)

upgrading to steel requires a wrench, or nailgun. hammer no longer is sufficient for the task.

Oh, ok. That is a crappy bug-looking failure ding, maybe it should show a nailgun or a wrench, or a crossed-out hammer. Thanks for saving me 10 points!

Hello all. I've played this mod before a few times. Somewhat recently, I went back to vanilla with a buddy who was playing it for the first time. We played co-op while he hosted locally via Multiplayer, then I eventually took his saved files and created a dedi server on my file server. We played for a while, then moved on to some other games. Now we're back to 7D2D because we're excited about a17, so I figured i'd show him Ravenhearst to see what mods for the game look like. I've hosted servers for several years and can usually work out these kinds of problems, but I can't figured this one out atm.

I uninstalled and completely deleted my client and dedi server files and folders and followed the instructions step by step on how to "install" Ravenhearst Dedi Server. I can launch the client fine and even start a brand new game, but when I try to connect to my server, shortly after it says "Waiting on Server...", I get this error: "Exception: Block with name 'plantedLettuce3Harvest' not found!" and it goes no further. I've tried re-syncing the mod on both client and server but the error remains. I'm not sure where to go from here because I've re-verified the mod files multiple times and checked the install steps multiple times to make sure I did it right.

I also don't know if this server pertains to the client or server side, so I'm not sure where to focus.

:jaded:EDIT: I figured it out. For some reason the 7D2D Mod Launcher wasn't working for me at all when following the instructions by BMT to setup the dedi server. I was following his instructions to a 'T' but getting those errors when trying to connect to the server. I had to end up downloading the zip of the dedi server files and do it that way. I copied those files into my dedi server install folder, then dropped in the BCM and 'Alloc Fixes' mod folders in and setup the serverconfig file. That did the trick!

@JaxTeller718 - someone should look into those instructions for setting up the Dedi Server cause they didn't work for me. I miss when the Dedi Server was listed in the 7D2D Launcher because that worked perfectly for me and didn't require downloading and then copying over files; it just worked in one fell swoop.

Edited by ScubaSteve (see edit history)

A Pen, my kingdom for an INK PEN!!!

Trade you for a tenderizer. I've seen 5 ink pens in my game time, 2 in just this current game, but never a tenderizer. And I want to bake! My Wellness is only as high as 75 because I spent 30 points on Health Nut levels. And Ravenhearst seems STINGY about Wellness boosts from even the best food and drink.

Where'd you find your sockets?

In cardboard boxes exactly where I do not remember. There is a good new building of a small warehouse - there is something useful found every time. 1 time, airdrop found in, but not sure. I found it on day 3 or 4. That is somewhere in a simple and accessible place for new survivors

Hello, I believe I found an odd issue with some of the POI prefabs. Not sure if this is important, was just a little more weird than game-breaking or anything.

I noticed a prefab that was seemingly cut in half out in the wilderness. Wrote it off as a generation glitch, until I found it again, cut off the same way. I went around the random gen previewer after that, to see how they spawned, and found a handful that seemed to not align with the green box area they were set to spawn in.

I have some images here of them, zoomed in to display the name of the prefab, and show what I mean by how they seem out of alignment. https://imgur.com/a/MbQTlxj

you need to loot a blender, coffee machine, and microwave in order to craft the kitchen equipment table. Once built, it acts as a workstation and allows you to use those appliances. Though it may also be possible to place and use the appliances individually as well. Finding those appliances is non trivial. They seem to appear in wooden crates or cardboard boxes.

you can use the blender/micro/coffee maker individually and break them and pick them up again. actually prefer this to deco my kitchens :)

- - - Updated - - -

forget who was looking for the sewing kit, but nightstands and lockers have the best loot chances

Hello, I believe I found an odd issue with some of the POI prefabs. Not sure if this is important, was just a little more weird than game-breaking or anything.

I noticed a prefab that was seemingly cut in half out in the wilderness. Wrote it off as a generation glitch, until I found it again, cut off the same way. I went around the random gen previewer after that, to see how they spawned, and found a handful that seemed to not align with the green box area they were set to spawn in.

I have some images here of them, zoomed in to display the name of the prefab, and show what I mean by how they seem out of alignment. https://imgur.com/a/MbQTlxj

i've seen that too, no idea what causes it when they generate that way. sometimes they're fine, sometimes, they goof off.

a few of the really rectangular ones we edited to be a large square instead and nipped it... just not worth it to do all of them when they're usually fine.

some of these poi's have been updated through many alphas now (by authors and magoli), they're bound to start acting a lil funny i guess :)