Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Has anyone been having an issue with zero sleepers spawning? So far we are up to day 3 on my private server and none of the buildings we explored have had any sleepers (including the giant pharmaceuticals building). I don't even see anything mentioned in the logs about checking sleeper volume.

Has anyone been having an issue with zero sleepers spawning? So far we are up to day 3 on my private server and none of the buildings we explored have had any sleepers (including the giant pharmaceuticals building). I don't even see anything mentioned in the logs about checking sleeper volume.

On 3.0 we had this exactly. In 3.1 it’s completely opposite. Glad I took the shotgun class this time.

On 3.0 we had this exactly. In 3.1 it’s completely opposite. Glad I took the shotgun class this time.

Very odd. Just this morning I completely wiped out the 7dtd folder on my server, recopied it from steam, added alloc fixes and 3.1.1 of Ravenhearst. I log in to check sleepers after seeing none last night and still do not see any.

This is very very odd.

Okay I made a copy of the save folder for the seed we are using and then nuked the save folder and sleepers appear.

So something with the save data got snookered (I don't discount it is something I did). Time to see if I can fix the sleeper issue without having to nuke the entire save.

Just updated to 3.1.1 and it wont let you pause the game.

When you hit escape the menu comes up but the game keeps going in the background in single player.

Was this a design change or a bug because if it was a design change it is pretty bad considering you can't even get up to get a drink without exiting out and having to reload the game every time.

On lower end machines this gets old FAST.

*Update* was a corrupted file had to reinstall 7dtd

Edited by Kelgo (see edit history)

I managed to fix it while keeping our base and character progress by nuking the save and then copying back the player folder as well as the region file for our base.

This basically reset us to day 1 but kept our base and progress. Sleepers don't seem to spawn in our region only, but all other regions are working as usual which is good enough for my buddies and I.

I am 99% sure it was something I did, so unless other people start reporting this issue Jax and Team can assume it was user error.

I managed to fix it while keeping our base and character progress by nuking the save and then copying back the player folder as well as the region file for our base.

This basically reset us to day 1 but kept our base and progress. Sleepers don't seem to spawn in our region only, but all other regions are working as usual which is good enough for my buddies and I.

I am 99% sure it was something I did, so unless other people start reporting this issue Jax and Team can assume it was user error.

I assumed it might have been caused by 3.0 poi issues maybe that prevented the sleepers from spawning but it seems the whole time we just didn’t have the sleepers. We didn’t question why and assumed it was intended. Now at 3.1 we’re much more challenged. On the good side looting runs payoff well. Have not updated to 3.1.1 as yet though to see if it’s changed.

I assumed it might have been caused by 3.0 poi issues maybe that prevented the sleepers from spawning but it seems the whole time we just didn’t have the sleepers. We didn’t question why and assumed it was intended. Now at 3.1 we’re much more challenged. On the good side looting runs payoff well. Have not updated to 3.1.1 as yet though to see if it’s changed.

We did a full wipe from 3.0 to 3.1.

What happened was I did a fresh load for 3.1 and then ran visitmap to get our map populated prior to my buddies and I logging in for day 1. We always play day 1 as a group and using visitmap not only populates the map prior to logging in, it reduces the load on the server because it has already generated the regions and doesn't have to do it on the fly.

One of the players logged in early and already had the day 1 at 1:30pm before anyone else logged in, which was not kosher. So I turned the server off and in an attempt to keep the visitmap being completed (which takes forever) I tried to reset the map and time without resetting the precalculated regions. This is what bugged out my sleeper spawns somehow.

So I had to nuke the save file and then only copy the region of our base + the player files into the new save file (using same seed). This set us to day 1 again but kept our base and character progress. It didn't fix the sleepers in our region because the bugged region got copied and it didn't save all the pre-generated regions but at least sleepers in other regions work.

Now to wait the couple of hours for visitmap to finish running.

remove random baby yelling, i kill you at night

is there a way to disable this? it was kinda creepy a few times but then gets annoying real fast. is there a way to mute it? i know i can mute overall sound volume but was looking for another way.

thanks

Couple of questions.

A friend and I just started playing with this mod and I have a few questions if anyone knows, I couldn't find an answer in the post.

How do I craft the barbed club? When trying to craft it doesn't say if I need a specific station.

And does difficulty affect XP gains?

Can anyone recommend me a good seed for 3.1? :p thanks :smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

A friend and I just started playing with this mod and I have a few questions if anyone knows, I couldn't find an answer in the post.

How do I craft the barbed club? When trying to craft it doesn't say if I need a specific station.

unless you chose the BLUNT weapons class, you wont be able to craft the barbed club or repair clubs until you unlock that class in the future. You start out with class specific items and as you scrap schematics and get blue prints youll be able to unlock other classes in the future to obtain their specific items. You need a specific workstation to do so and a pen and ink i believe?

Hi. Can somebody tell me if the mod launcher is automatically updating to 3.1.1. I opened it this morning and nothing changed. Then i manually copied files into Ravenhearst folder and I noticed my game is still 3.1 and there are no sell values on my guns. Am i doing something wrong?

Also just uninstalled/reinstalled through launcher and im still running 3.1.

Any ideas?

Edited by Cro666ie (see edit history)

- - - Updated - - -

unless you chose the BLUNT weapons class, you wont be able to craft the barbed club or repair clubs until you unlock that class in the future. You start out with class specific items and as you scrap schematics and get blue prints youll be able to unlock other classes in the future to obtain their specific items. You need a specific workstation to do so and a pen and ink i believe?

50% accurate :), you can craft them even without the class, they are locked behind Advance Blunt Weapons, which is locked behind Blunt Skill.

However unless you are Blunt class you won't be able to craft beyond lvl 50 clubs (except wood one).

.. Can anyone recommend me a good seed for 3.1? :p thanks :smile-new:
- - - Updated - - -

IF your playing SP .. you can use my seed/map ........[ DyLaniaRaven6969 ]............ it should start you out in a forest and there are a few city's near by. IF it works for you .. Please yet me know .. Thank you ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: And this is for .. 3.1 or 3.1.1

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

You need to be the blunt class and an advanced workbench to make one.

- - - Updated - -

The seed kage848 suggested is freaking AWESOME! It is (case sensitive!):

SleekHunting2

It's literally like you walk out of one town and stumble into another! Great POIs, etc. Thinking of turning the sky diner into a forge base

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but destroying an Advanced Campfire gives you a regular campfire back, rather than the harder-to-find cooking pot and twine at least. I assume it's either supposed to give NOTHING or the Advanced Campfire.

hi, iam new to this mod and i only played 15 hours in version 3 and reach day 10

but i never found wrench....where i should search? in others mods always kitchen is best place but i already search lots of places

and traders has nothing good to sell so iam not expecting them to sell one.

pls can one tell me the best places to search in this mod