A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Speaking of NPCs. I recently built the Radio Tower and the NPCs that spawn nearby seem to be quite chaotic in their behavior.

They will ascend nearby ladders and often they would jump into my trap pit (full of spikes) and die.

Telling them to stand still doesn't seem to make them stay for long.

I try to deploy them as fast as possible and then disable the power feed for the tower so they don't screw around the base.

Oh and I will never forget that a**hole who spawned in my crops field and decided to have a walk straight through every plant and destroyed all in process.

Edited by Syphon (see edit history)

If you interact a 2nd time, the menu should popup

Yes, menu it working well, but npc not do anything, we put every seed requested:

Low tier: plantedBlueberry3Harvest,AppleTree1 and blueberrySeed,appleSeed

but she does nothing, just standing, putted down 2 farm storage behinde her, fridge with 20 corn bread, actually she eats, sleeping, farting and burping haahhah good life but not working.

Speaking of NPCs. I recently built the Radio Tower and the NPCs that spawn nearby seem to be quite chaotic in their behavior.

They will ascend nearby ladders and often they would jump into my trap pit (full of spikes) and die.

Telling them to stand still doesn't seem to make them stay for long.

I try to deploy them as fast as possible and then disable the power feed for the tower so they don't screw around the base.

Oh and I will never forget that a**hole who spawned in my crops field and decided to have a walk straight through every plant and destroyed all in process.

I built the Radio Tower on the roof and put aroud it 10x10x2 Wood frame to avoid them to go far and do their stupid things.

Is the farm storage upgraded with ice? We still didnt change that.

So need to be upgraded with ice? Damn I must do it, didn't know. Sorry for wasting time. Thank you

*Ok now she is working :)

And yes, choose carefully the place to have your tower. They are not the smartest people on earth

hauhauahuhaahuahua, a friend of mine ask why NPC survivors farting, burping so much, too much... hahahahaha

Edited by Staraway (see edit history)

Feel free to "mute" them, it's a simple xml edit. Don't ask me to change them though

To mute the sounds you dont like, you need to make edits in the sound.xml file. Look for entries like <SoundDataNode name="fart_sound"> and edit to use new sound clips, lower the volume, or change however you wish.

you have to upgrade the farm storage with snow

Thanks. That worked.

Another problem: I placed a refridgerator (top and bottom) with power source next to her storage box. I placed 5x meat stew, and 40x corn bread into it.

She's not eating any of that. But the farm station seems to be losing hp every hour.

Edited by Syphon (see edit history)

Thanks. That worked.

Another problem: I placed a refridgerator (top and bottom) with power source next to her storage box. I placed 5x meat stew, and 40x corn bread into it.

She's not eating any of that. But the farm station seems to be losing hp every hour.

I had the same problem as well when I accidently hit my smith trying see how many hitpoints he had. He went down to 40/50.

I had cornbread in my fridge but that didn't heal him. Later he went down to 35/50. I then placed grilled meat, boiled meat and meat stew in the fridge. Finally he started healing up by eating the grilled meat. I think that at certain hitpoint levels they only eat certain foods to heal up. The wiki has this list. Suggest you add all healing foods in the fridge. Eg. boiled egg, grilled/boiled meat.

A little off topic: That's a fridge configuration I haven't tried. So does 1 fridge power source actually power 2 fridges in your setup? Is the fridge power source also touching one of the fridges?

I had the same problem as well when I accidently hit my smith trying see how many hitpoints he had. He went down to 40/50.

I had cornbread in my fridge but that didn't heal him. Later he went down to 35/50. I then placed grilled meat, boiled meat and meat stew in the fridge. Finally he started healing up by eating the grilled meat. I think that at certain hitpoint levels they only eat certain foods to heal up. The wiki has this list. Suggest you add all healing foods in the fridge. Eg. boiled egg, grilled/boiled meat.

A little off topic: That's a fridge configuration I haven't tried. So does 1 fridge power source actually power 2 fridges in your setup? Is the fridge power source also touching one of the fridges?

Yes they stack. I had one fridge power unit powering 3 "tops". one ontop of the other and one to the side. Seems as long as you can make sure they are connected you can stack how ever name you need around the power unit.

Power-Top

^ is what i had.

- - - Updated - - -

^nah, it's just bottom fridge powered through cable (connected to fuel generator) and top one sitting on it. It is a regular fridge setup.

However, the farmer station keeps losing HP over time. Gotta have to try putting various food there.

From the wiki:

If a survivor is not hurt, or very close to full health, they will look for low tier food (cornBread, eggboiled, 1 unit each time)

If they are slightly hurt, they will look for medium tier food (cornBread, grilledMeat, boiledMeat, 2 units each time)

If they are badly hurt, they will look for high tier food (meatStew, vegetableStew, 5 units each time)

***First, I apologize for using a translator.***

I have a doubt.

Could you put the workstations of the nuclear power plant in need of much more energy?

I will explain, now anyone can go with a portable generator and make them work, but if we put 10,000 for example, that would force players to turn on the nuclear power plant.

**** In Spanish ****

Tengo una duda.

Podriais poner que las staciones de trabajo de la central nuclear necesitasen mucha mas energia?

Me explicare, actualmente cualquiera puede ir con un generador portatil y hacerlas funcionar, pero si ponemos por ejemplo 10.000, eso, obligaria a los jugadores a que encendiesen la central nuclear.

Yes they stack. I had one fridge power unit powering 3 "tops". one ontop of the other and one to the side. Seems as long as you can make sure they are connected you can stack how ever name you need around the power unit.

Power-Top

^ is what i had.

- - - Updated - - -

From the wiki:

If a survivor is not hurt, or very close to full health, they will look for low tier food (cornBread, eggboiled, 1 unit each time)

If they are slightly hurt, they will look for medium tier food (cornBread, grilledMeat, boiledMeat, 2 units each time)

If they are badly hurt, they will look for high tier food (meatStew, vegetableStew, 5 units each time)

I put 40 cornBread and 5 meatStew into the fridge. She doesn't eat it. :)

The fridge is right next to her.

***First, I apologize for using a translator.***

I have a doubt.

Could you put the workstations of the nuclear power plant in need of much more energy?

I will explain, now anyone can go with a portable generator and make them work, but if we put 10,000 for example, that would force players to turn on the nuclear power plant.

**** In Spanish ****

Tengo una duda.

Podriais poner que las staciones de trabajo de la central nuclear necesitasen mucha mas energia?

Me explicare, actualmente cualquiera puede ir con un generador portatil y hacerlas funcionar, pero si ponemos por ejemplo 10.000, eso, obligaria a los jugadores a que encendiesen la central nuclear.

It can be done indeed, though the real advantage of powering up the nuclear plant is really fuel free energy instead and not only powering those specific workstations... But it does makes sense.

Apologies if it's already been addressed somewhere. Tried searching.

Recently installed this mod and having an issue placing items. Rotation is strange, and trying to place a hatch it places it beneath blocks instead of on top. I've tried advanced rotation and it flips the hatch upside down. Any work around/fix? Thanks!

The hatch is indeed on the bottom layer of a block and opens upwards with default rotation. This has an advantage: it doesn't occupy the block directly below it and you can place a ladder there. Flipped down hatches don't work well if you want to use it at the top end of a ladder, but can be used in other ways, like for example an opening to throw a molotov through occasionally. If you place the hatch next to a wall, the wall will hold the hatch, no problem. If you want to have a flat surface with a hatch in it and a ladder going down through that hatch, best would be to place a flat block next to the hatch like for example a concrete plate or iron bar lying on the ground or something like a pole rotated to attach to the joint side (looks pretty good, like a part of the hatch). Careful with placing hatches next to walls and then upgrading: the steel version has a giant wheel preventing complete opening and making it difficult to move through the hatch, if you don't rotate it sideways.