A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Few questions:

1.) I can't seem to target goats with "E"? It doesn't show any tooltip like on cows

2.) Is there a limit on how many chickens and rabbits can exist in Chicken Coup / Rabbit Cage?

I think rabbits never spawn above the number 4 and the chickens only produce eggs and feathers, but they don't seem to multiply?

3.) If I harvest a chicken/rabbit with a knife, do I get more meat/feathers than if I did it with the fireaxe? Obviously, I could test it out, but I do not have the book to craft the knife yet.

Few questions:

1.) I can't seem to target goats with "E"? It doesn't show any tooltip like on cows

2.) Is there a limit on how many chickens and rabbits can exist in Chicken Coup / Rabbit Cage?

I think rabbits never spawn above the number 4 and the chickens only produce eggs and feathers, but they don't seem to multiply?

3.) If I harvest a chicken/rabbit with a knife, do I get more meat/feathers than if I did it with the fireaxe? Obviously, I could test it out, but I do not have the book to craft the knife yet.

1. Goats are actually pets and work like dogs (use the dog collar to find it's stats and "own" it)... Sorry, we just thought it would be funny to have a killer goat ;)

2. yes, right now it's limited to 4. Remember that you can "spawn" a chicken or a rabbit to "harvest" them.

3. yes, just like any other thing, the harvest tool influences the return as far as I know.

I am happy to report that our Farm animals are now displaying the Mouseover, and the yare having babies... Also, Baby goats are magic, and seem to care not for solid blocks. I am finding them inside my base where they don't belong. LoL..

Also, I noticed someone talking about harvesting goats and getting Rotten Meat. If you harvest them as kids, you get regular meat. Not much tho, but it's better than the rotten.

We've entered March on my server yesterday, and I guess it's the rainy season, lol. Also noticed my plants growing slower. So far so good. :)

Seeing the '<E> ...Untouched' text is a good sign. When you press 'E' you'll see text appear at the upper left corner of your screen. It'll show the animals stats next to your name:

Eg.

PPanda421: Animal Stats: Health:50 Food Level:20 Pregnant:False Loyalty:20 Tamed=True

Look at the 'Tamed' value at the end. I usually just press and hold it for a few seconds. I think you can get away with just pressing it once but the animal moves around so much I just hold it. The important part is you must see the '<E> Search animal...' text when the cursor is over the animal before you press 'E'.

Different veggies have different growth stages/times I believe.

Eating means at least one of the animals is tamed.

Edit: Oops. Upper left corner, not upper right.

Hey PPanda0421

I'm not getting anything anywhere on the screen.

Hey PPanda0421

I'm not getting anything anywhere on the screen.

The text might be disappearing too fast for you. Activate the in-game chat. The default key is 'T'. I'm in SP mode.

If you're on a MP server and do not see chat then talk to your server admin. I'm also on the PC using windows.

Edited by PPanda0421
Clarify OS (see edit history)

Few questions:

Also note that the higher your blade skill the more return you get. I have max blade skill and some animals return 10 meat for me. Pigs return around 5. Bears return 15. Improve blade skill by 'harvesting' more corpses. If you don't have a knife use a shiv instead of a fireaxe to increase skills faster. There's also a perk called 'Knife Guy' which can increase returns. I didn't put points in that perk so I don't know how much more you get.

On the subject of chickens its faster to place more traps (using wheat as bait) to catch more chickens than to raise them for their feathers unless you also want eggs. Same goes for rabbits the only reason why'd you want to raise them is for the human turds they produce, otherwise starvation animals found in the desert, plains and winter biomes are better sources of meat. Chickens and rabbits are easier to kill of course.

The text might be disappearing too fast for you. Activate the in-game chat. The default key is 'T'. I'm in SP mode.

If you're on a MP server and do not see chat then talk to your server admin. I'm also on the PC using windows.

I have no problem with dogs text (it's red)

I just get nothing with pigs, sheep or cow.

I have no problem with dogs text (it's red)

I just get nothing with pigs, sheep or cow.

Did you install any other mods? Did you ensure the mod is really up to date? Did you perhaps change some settings somewhere we don't know about? If you can post a video so we see what exactly you're doing to those animals, including the actions with the dog. Other than those suggestions I have no idea. You'll have ask the starvation team on this one for further support.

Did you install any other mods? Did you ensure the mod is really up to date? Did you perhaps change some settings somewhere we don't know about? If you can post a video so we see what exactly you're doing to those animals, including the actions with the dog. Other than those suggestions I have no idea. You'll have ask the starvation team on this one for further support.

no other mods

I'm using the Mod Launcher.

with the dogs I use the collar and I get the red text on upper left

with the farm animals I don't get anything when I press E or hold E when the cursor is on them and I see <E> untouched message

I would love to have someone from the Starvation team help.

Also note that the higher your blade skill the more return you get. I have max blade skill and some animals return 10 meat for me. Pigs return around 5. Bears return 15. Improve blade skill by 'harvesting' more corpses. If you don't have a knife use a shiv instead of a fireaxe to increase skills faster. There's also a perk called 'Knife Guy' which can increase returns. I didn't put points in that perk so I don't know how much more you get.

If you really want to cheese the 7dtd harvesting mechanic, you could go and whittle down the corpse with the worst quality knife you can find except for the last hit, which you do with a 600. But meat isn't the issue and I usually try and stay away from methods like that, because it's not intended and no fun neither for the developers nor for you. Actually, I boxed all my animals because of last patch, except for chickens, because I don't want to accidentally get them hurt. I rarely slaughtered them anyway, only in case of one of these butcher quests or weapon quests. I used them mainly as decoration and something living nearby. I stopped taking out chickens out of my coops as well. I just feel to bad killing them, if I can have as tasty snow abominations and hyenas, lol.

Now, what I actually came here for: how do I access the inventory of my survivors that already work at a station and how do I figure out, if they are well or not?

Have something strange happening with wetness.

Staying underground in base, near burning fireplace and stuck at wetness 56%.

21217-clip-358kb.jpg

first, Lemme ask if you're using 16.0.1.03?

Second, as said previously, during winter, especially rain season (i cant see callendar), you will always be wet. I kind of like it that way but may try to address it, not sure if i can work around it (we had to cheat a bit for winter).

Finally, npc workstations have no inventory for obvious reasons and you can check their status simply by focusing them with a block repair tool.

If you really want to cheese the 7dtd harvesting mechanic, you could go and whittle down the corpse with the worst quality knife you can find except for the last hit, which you do with a 600. But meat isn't the issue and I usually try and stay away from methods like that, because it's not intended and no fun neither for the developers nor for you. Actually, I boxed all my animals because of last patch, except for chickens, because I don't want to accidentally get them hurt. I rarely slaughtered them anyway, only in case of one of these butcher quests or weapon quests. I used them mainly as decoration and something living nearby. I stopped taking out chickens out of my coops as well. I just feel to bad killing them, if I can have as tasty snow abominations and hyenas, lol.

Now, what I actually came here for: how do I access the inventory of my survivors that already work at a station and how do I figure out, if they are well or not?

Not intended? You have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, zombies corpses are meant to be harvested for their flesh, bones and fat. Did you forget that those items are used in vanilla recipes? Secondly, the vanilla game developers (the Fun Pimps) added these skills so that we can choose what we want. For example, blunt skills is one type, blade skills is another. They want us to level these skills. The higher the levels the more proficient we become and the more bonuses/return we get. The blade skill is the one that gives you more return on harvesting. Thirdly, the shiv exists to harvest better than the beginner's tool like the stoneaxe. That is until you have the knife or the machete. The Fun Pimps gave us the tools for harvesting so they want us to actually use these tools on things that are harvestable eg. zombie corpses and dead animals.

I don't know how many people have 100 in the blade skill but I certainly have it. I was just passing long information what the returns were for starvation animals at the max blade level.

Please learn more about the vanilla game and its mechanics before accusing others of cheesing the game.

Anyone from the Starvation Mod team can help me with my farm animals problem?

I'm not getting any text when I press E.

I did everything required.

Mort mentioned that Goats don't show tooltips (text when you press E).

Try it with Cows, that should work.

If not, make sure you have the latest update and delete animal files from the save game.

If not, make sure you have the latest update and delete animal files from the save game.

My problem is with cows, bulls, female pigs, male pigs, female sheep. (I don't have a male sheep)

Siphon, I deleted the animal file.

It recopied them from a temp folder.

It still did not work.

Try this. This worked for me (but my server is dedicated, so results may vary).

Use whip to store all your animals in your inventory.

Save and quit.

Delete animal files from the save/MorteAnimals

Start the game/server

Place them again.

I will try this right now!

Try this. This worked for me (but my server is dedicated, so results may vary).

Use whip to store all your animals in your inventory.

Save and quit.

Delete animal files from the save/MorteAnimals

Start the game/server

Place them again.

It did not work :(

This is so frustrating...

Can anyone from Starvation Mod help me please?

It did not work :(

This is so frustrating...

Can anyone from Starvation Mod help me please?

To be honest... no... unless your sync is screwed up, i cannot imagine whats going on. The tooltip (Press E untouched thingy) should always come up and that should happen be it tamed or wild animal. Since that's not dependent on starvation code, i can only imagine that you had some problem syncimd 16.0.1.03

To be honest... no... unless your sync is screwed up, i cannot imagine whats going on. The tooltip (Press E untouched thingy) should always come up and that should happen be it tamed or wild animal. Since that's not dependent on starvation code, i can only imagine that you had some problem syncimd 16.0.1.03

Hey Mortelentus!

Thanks for your time to respond. I know you're superbusy

"(Press E untouched thingy)" I get this, I don't get the result in the upper left corner when I do press E.

With dogs with the collar, I get the message upper left, with all the stats.

with the farm animals, I don't get anything.