A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Make sure you check that you game is really the latest version (16.0.1.03)

This version pretty much solved all the farm animal issues for me (and I had plenty)

Well I'm using the 7d2d Mod Launcher

it updates automatically the version

it says it's on .03 in the update list.

- - - Updated - - -

Still nothing...

If I delete the whole Mod and reinstall it, would that delete my saved game info?

I deleted the Mod and I deleted the game in Steam.

Now reinstalling the game in steam

then install the mod using steam and the mod launcher

and then will check if my saved game is still there.

if not, I will just test it in creative mode, and see if it works.

If THAT doesn't fix the problem, I don't know what will...

Sp or mp? Anyways if they're eating dont worry to much it's just a quality of life feature and we'll find the problem in time.

Ok great news,

on a new game, after deleting and reinstalling both the main game and the mod, a new game now has the farm animals working well.

Now I will test my saved game.

Sp or mp? Anyways if they're eating dont worry to much it's just a quality of life feature and we'll find the problem in time.

Ok

I'm playing a new game in SP.

The animals worked well.

My saved game is in MP, and the animals are still not working.

Ok, now I think I figured out what happened generally, but I don't know what happened specifically.

I was playing my SP game, and the electricity suddenly was cut off (Beirut problems). My ups didn't last long and I didn't get time to exit the game. When I restarted the computer, my game file must have been corrupted with the synching between online and local files. My SP became an MP game, and I lost all my character stats (all my skills were made zero).

This is probably the reason something is wrong with the animals.

I didn't think of it until I just now made a new game and I had to choose SP or MP

and I remembered the glitch.

Sorry Moretelentus for all the time wasting.

I finally decided I would start a game from scratch.

It's less of a hassle than trying to figure out how to fix it.

I was losing the fun out of it.

A few quick questions. When we teach our survivors new recipes is it normal for the recipe to not have an ingredient list? Also I've had 3 survivors disappear while i wasn't around, all three where near a stocked and powered fridge, in fact one of them was a cook, about the time this happened i noticed the server throw errors, something about no inventory. I should have noted the exact error.. What is the max level of a survivor? Are there recipes that only a survivor will be able to craft or are we able to craft everything ourselves?

A few quick questions. When we teach our survivors new recipes is it normal for the recipe to not have an ingredient list? Also I've had 3 survivors disappear while i wasn't around, all three where near a stocked and powered fridge, in fact one of them was a cook, about the time this happened i noticed the server throw errors, something about no inventory. I should have noted the exact error.. What is the max level of a survivor? Are there recipes that only a survivor will be able to craft or are we able to craft everything ourselves?

I have had this problem my self. This error pops up when the worker stops working, they kinda bug out. Sometimes they run out of material to craft with and if they get bored, they Leave / Die. Sometimes tho, they will have crafting materials and will glitch and just stop working, that's when that error flags. when this happens, we have to kill them, because they will never work again (as is out experience) and we have to then wait for a server reboot before placing new ones or they bug too,.

I have had this problem my self. This error pops up when the worker stops working, they kinda bug out. Sometimes they run out of material to craft with and if they get bored, they Leave / Die. Sometimes tho, they will have crafting materials and will glitch and just stop working, that's when that error flags. when this happens, we have to kill them, because they will never work again (as is out experience) and we have to then wait for a server reboot before placing new ones or they bug too,.

Ouch, that makes the entire experience worthless if every time we try to level up a crafter he /she may or may not bug out and we lose out on all the materials spent.... If i do get one to a high level, will he/she be able to craft things that i never will, or is the entire thing just a novelty?

Ouch, that makes the entire experience worthless if every time we try to level up a crafter he /she may or may not bug out and we lose out on all the materials spent.... If i do get one to a high level, will he/she be able to craft things that i never will, or is the entire thing just a novelty?

I think there are alternative ways to make most of things they make. Except the gun parts and Solar stuff. It's nice for the npc automation sometimes, and it's cool they craft better quality as they make more. Before the BEE patch came out, we had gone through about 5 smiths/mechanics before we got tired of babysitting them and just said screw it. They are fun to have tho. Noisy too, they fart and burp constantly. lol.

I'm not sure if the steel armor can be done outside of the workers either, come to think of it. id have to check again.

Day 83, hardcore difficulty, single player.

Got to say this version of Survival is tough. So much more challenging then vanilla or the A15 Starvation.

POI's almost always have a feral cop now. At least 1 random horde a day, sometimes 2. Feral zombies randomly thrown in the mix. Screamers seem on constant patrol. So many crawling zombies (not just spiders) makes for more challenges.

Lastly, omg the bandits are tough some beeches. Be scared of Wasteland Biomes now!

Thanks for the mod, this is what vanilla should be.

I have the same game loaded on a dedicated server, and have been playing it for months with family who live around the country. The crafter NPCs are all max level, and usually stand around doing nothing for weeks, except eat all my cornbread. Even through the last dozen patches to the server, they never walk away, never disappear, never stopped working when i gave them a valid task...all is working as intended. The code is fine. I'm going to guess that any issues you experience is due to latency glitches between you and your server. That isn't something we can easily fix, even if we knew what the networking issue was exactly.

I have the same game loaded on a dedicated server, and have been playing it for months with family who live around the country. The crafter NPCs are all max level, and usually stand around doing nothing for weeks, except eat all my cornbread. Even through the last dozen patches to the server, they never walk away, never disappear, never stopped working when i gave them a valid task...all is working as intended. The code is fine. I'm going to guess that any issues you experience is due to latency glitches between you and your server. That isn't something we can easily fix, even if we knew what the networking issue was exactly.

A few of them mentioned the servers threw errors with logs containing something about survivor NPCs 'Not having an inventory.' That sounds to me like the survivors are looking for something but cannot access it. From the feedback they bug out because of that. I don't see how latency affects this. Obviously I could be wrong since I don't have access to the code. However, the first thing I'd do is look at the code where that error is thrown. If you said that latency is the issue, you could also simulate server/network latency to see how survivors are affected and what kind of logs are produced.

In starvation A15 I had survivors disappearing out on me also in SP mode. They had access to plenty of food and were confined to an area such that no animals/zombies could harm them.

The 'inventory' error log could be some kind of hint that could possibly fix survivors disappearing/bugging out. If players are getting issues I think is worthwhile to look into them, especially if it involves one of the mod's major features.

My two cents.

Edited by PPanda0421
Fixed quote claiming latency is the issue. (see edit history)

As far as latency, my dedicated server is sitting on the left side of my desk, the switch is behind my monitor and my gaming rig is on the right side of my desk, router and modem are in the same room. Only my wife and I play on our server. All machines are using a wired connection. I don't think latency is my issue. On aside note please don't take any of my posts as complaints. My wife and I truly enjoy this mod and appreciate all the work that goes in to it. Cheers to all of you.

Edited by Frekton
words... (see edit history)

As far as latency, my dedicated server is sitting on the left side of my desk, the switch is behind my monitor and my gaming rig is on the right side of my desk, router and modem are in the same room. Only my wife and I play on our server. All machines are using a wired connection. I don't think latency is my issue. On aside note please don't take any of my posts as complaints. My wife and I truly enjoy this mod and appreciate all the work that goes in to it. Cheers to all of you.
Thanks for that input. Perhaps something else is at work. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it after months of play. I've never seen the inventory error either.

Anytime ours ran out of material one something they were making, they would stand around for maybe a day then poof theyd be gone.. :(

Not intended? You have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, zombies corpses are meant to be harvested for their flesh, bones and fat. Did you forget that those items are used in vanilla recipes? Secondly, the vanilla game developers (the Fun Pimps) added these skills so that we can choose what we want. For example, blunt skills is one type, blade skills is another. They want us to level these skills. The higher the levels the more proficient we become and the more bonuses/return we get. The blade skill is the one that gives you more return on harvesting. Thirdly, the shiv exists to harvest better than the beginner's tool like the stoneaxe. That is until you have the knife or the machete. The Fun Pimps gave us the tools for harvesting so they want us to actually use these tools on things that are harvestable eg. zombie corpses and dead animals.

I don't know how many people have 100 in the blade skill but I certainly have it. I was just passing long information what the returns were for starvation animals at the max blade level.

Please learn more about the vanilla game and its mechanics before accusing others of cheesing the game.

Oh, no! You totally got wrong what I meant! What I was talking about is the result of making the blocks, all of them, not only dead bodies, drop resources with partial harvesting. That you can harvest MORE from a rare resource block by using WORSE tools, less skill. Example: you find Uranium Ore underground and instead of using your best pickaxe, instead you use a shovel first and switch to your pickaxe for your last hit, to almost double the outcome. So to get the absolutley most out of one dead body, you'd have to use this mechanic, and that's what I was call cheesing, nothing else.

Finally, npc workstations have no inventory for obvious reasons and you can check their status simply by focusing them with a block repair tool.

I knew I was missing something here, thank you for the reply. Also thanks for adding the E-lookup to the farm animals, I find it much easier to find their hitbox now as well.

Oh, no! You totally got wrong what I meant! What I was talking about is the result of making the blocks, all of them, not only dead bodies, drop resources with partial harvesting. That you can harvest MORE from a rare resource block by using WORSE tools, less skill. Example: you find Uranium Ore underground and instead of using your best pickaxe, instead you use a shovel first and switch to your pickaxe for your last hit, to almost double the outcome. So to get the absolutley most out of one dead body, you'd have to use this mechanic, and that's what I was call cheesing, nothing else.

Oh now you're saying you were talking about harvesting all blocks? Good try I don't buy it. My original reply was to Syphon's comment about harvesting chickens/rabbits for more feathers/meat. I mentioned how to get more meat by raising the blade skills. Then I mentioned that you can also raise blade skills by harvesting bodies. You then came in and called it cheesing, even mentioning meat. Clearly you were talking about harvesting zombie bodies was cheesy as opposed to only harvesting animal bodies. If you had given a better explanation of what you meant by cheesing back then and included this explanation about all blocks then I would've believed you. Too bad its already gone this route. Let me give you advice, don't accuse others of anything unless you have concrete evidence and are prepared to defend yourself. Cheesing is along the lines of exploits/cheating and gamers take those matters seriously.

PPanda0421, this is starting to look to me like you're trying for dear life to be as offended as possible by somone's opinion. I know best what I mean to say, thank you very much. Noticing you got my first post wrong, I was giving more details. Realizing how, what ever nice person you might be, we have some really incompatible ways of communication, I rather have you not play advocate to the people I accused personally by calling out their names and kindly ask them to come forward themselves instead. I'd prefer not to derail this forum thread anymore and if need be, would prefer you write a personal message.

PPanda0421, this is starting to look to me like you're trying for dear life to be as offended as possible by somone's opinion. I know best what I mean to say, thank you very much. Noticing you got my first post wrong, I was giving more details. Realizing how, what ever nice person you might be, we have some really incompatible ways of communication, I rather have you not play advocate to the people I accused personally by calling out their names and kindly ask them to come forward themselves instead. I'd prefer not to derail this forum thread anymore and if need be, would prefer you write a personal message.

Yes I agree our 'discussion' is not helpful to the forum. Your original post implied I was cheesing the game by harvesting zombie bodies. Perhaps that's not what you intended but in any case you should be careful on how you word things. I am ready to move on and I hope you are also.

Edited by PPanda0421
Removed a lot of text. Not helpful to forum. (see edit history)

Recently me and my friends try the NPC survivor farmer, I think there is issue with it.

Farmer not working and the first thing popup in the console when we interact with her is:

ArgumentException: Getting Control 2's position in a group with only 2 controls when doing Repaint Aboting

ArgumentException: Getting Control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint Abotingve

Have any ideaabout it? Thank you

1527963294_2018-02-1918-11-53_Moment.thumb.jpg.8c2b166c1fd1a6b700ac46edefbab7a6.jpg

Recently me and my friends try the NPC survivor farmer, I think there is issue with it.

Farmer not working and the first thing popup in the console when we interact with her is:

ArgumentException: Getting Control 2's position in a group with only 2 controls when doing Repaint Aboting

ArgumentException: Getting Control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint Abotingve

Have any ideaabout it? Thank you

If you interact a 2nd time, the menu should popup