A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Please repair the Farmer Bug.

Sie dont work, when the Box is not Update to Ice Box.

And the Ice box down in view minutes to normal box.

So the farmer stop working again.

We talked about this issue before and Mortelentus replied, suggesting he'd add the fridge to the containers she can use to work with. I am not sure if the fix is already implemented, because I had to start over due to a corrupted savegame very recently and haven't yet summoned survivors.

edit: You are not by any chance the guy Valcry is doing this youtube let's play series with?

We talked about this issue before and Mortelentus replied, suggesting he'd add the fridge to the containers she can use to work with. I am not sure if the fix is already implemented, because I had to start over due to a corrupted savegame very recently and haven't yet summoned survivors.

edit: You are not by any chance the guy Valcry is doing this youtube let's play series with?

Yes, he is.:smile-new:

Xyth proposed a interesting compromise. Let the farmer autoupgrade the box as long as there are snow balls available?

Yes! That would solve the farmer issue, while still making sure the player built a fridge to keep the farmer alive.

Yes, he is.:smile-new:

Oh, awesome, he's amazing. Very fun to watch - and some useful stuff to learn along the way.

Hi, my friend has been suffering from this bug for days now. He's never been able to get starvation to work and we're not very technical. Heres a screenshot of the error. https://i.imgur.com/uSt1yje.jpg

We've checked his SDX folder and the files are there. We can't work why it's not working. Tried total fresh installs of both mod and 7 days to die.

Hope someone can help.

Has anyone been to the radiation zone in Starvation A16? Just went to the outer edges and had a tough time. I have full x-rad gear but the sanity level drops so fast that I miss 80 - 90% of my shots at POINT BLANK range! Used a sniper rifle, shotgun, advanced crossbow and missile launcher! Skills are high for rifles and archery but low for shotgun. Still seeing too many misses! Wonder if low sanity level is causing those misses or the hitboxes for the special enemies found in the radiation zones are off. IMO I think sanity drops too fast in the radiation zones.

Is there a way to play the 15.2 version still? I could play that one just fine but with the 16 alpha I keep getting constant fps drop lag. As in going from 60 to 11 or so and it only happens on the newer starvation. Makes the game unplayable

No...sorry.

Xyth proposed a interesting compromise. Let the farmer autoupgrade the box as long as there are snow balls available?

I don't agree about autoupgrade the box, same the generators, you must go to refuel it. Maybe just increase "melt" time. This mod is Starvation, just the name of it say it all.

I don't agree about autoupgrade the box, same the generators, you must go to refuel it. Maybe just increase "melt" time. This mod is Starvation, just the name of it say it all.

By adding more micromanagement and treadmill activities, you increase the effort necessary, but do you also increase the challenge? Tying the player to the base to return more frequently reduces their radius of exploration. It is commonly designed in a way, that for the late-game you find solutions that grant you more freedom of movement - at a cost!

Let me explain my point in an example you mentioned yourself: generators. You can build the rather cheap generator bank from the start. You get a better generator with more fuel capacity and that can be wrenched and reused already, if you invest a rare resource, a gauge. If you go through the hassle of setting up survivors, train them up and invest a LOT of time (pay for samples, get plastics, electronic components, wait for the quality to get better) you can have solar banks. If you invest time, resources, fight harder mobs and go through the hassle of moving your base, you can find and use a nuclear power plant. You don't have to refuel your generator now. You invested work and earned it.

Looking at the farmgirl, you need to look at the alternatives as well: Self-farming requires a lot less micromanagement right now, also less fuel and is still more predictable and therefore gives you a better freedom than the farmgirl right now. You will need rodent and fly repellers, but using a dedicated generator will power them for a long time, predictable. There are resources to increase food, hydration, wellness that give you nearly unlimited circle of movement, preserved food like canned food and beef jerky. Water doesn't spoil (makes sense), but also goldenrod and chrysanthemum don't spoil, just brew the tea on demand. Wheat, sunflower seeds, they don't spoil. Sugarcane doesn't. Fruits don't spoil if left on the trees. Animals don't spoil and you can stuff a ton of water buckets and food into their troughs. Animal fat doesn't spoil. So in sum you get all the ingredients for cakes (one of the best foods in game) without spoilage, except for eggs, but if you leave chicken coops with a lot of water and chicken feed, you will reliably be able to harvest some fresh eggs whenever you arrive.

On top of it all there are still spoilage free containers in game, but I won't go into details here, because I have the feeling it's unwanted to use this method.

Plus, the main reason, as I understood it, was to prevent the player from using farm storages as the staple cheap food storage for themselves in their base and their looting outposts. Making the melt time more predictable would also make them useable as this again.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

How can i powered firetraps

First I would like to congratulate for excellent mod.

I have not found any energy source for the firetraps yet. In the wiki and on youtube I find the gastank with pipes. But I can not connect the gas line to the firetraps. Did I get it wrong?

First I would like to congratulate for excellent mod.

I have not found any energy source for the firetraps yet. In the wiki and on youtube I find the gastank with pipes. But I can not connect the gas line to the firetraps. Did I get it wrong?

Use the boiler with heat pipes.

Hi, my friend has been suffering from this bug for days now. He's never been able to get starvation to work and we're not very technical. Heres a screenshot of the error. https://i.imgur.com/uSt1yje.jpg

We've checked his SDX folder and the files are there. We can't work why it's not working. Tried total fresh installs of both mod and 7 days to die.

Hope someone can help.

my husband was having the same problem. we ended up having to uninstall both the mod and the launcher, and doing it over again, then he was able t oconnect.

- - - Updated - - -

that could work!

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone been to the radiation zone in Starvation A16? Just went to the outer edges and had a tough time. I have full x-rad gear but the sanity level drops so fast that I miss 80 - 90% of my shots at POINT BLANK range! Used a sniper rifle, shotgun, advanced crossbow and missile launcher! Skills are high for rifles and archery but low for shotgun. Still seeing too many misses! Wonder if low sanity level is causing those misses or the hitboxes for the special enemies found in the radiation zones are off. IMO I think sanity drops too fast in the radiation zones.

Try it with a powered Exo-suit. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24033[/ATTACH]

Hi i just installed starvation mod on my server and people are playing fine. when i join i get this error. i did fresh install of the game and the mods. any idea what would be the cause?

Try uninstalling the launcher too.. Apparently it was causing problems for several people today from the update it did.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/uSt1yje.jpg Anyone able to help? :( Can't even get to the game menu

try my above solution, Symox

https://i.imgur.com/uSt1yje.jpg Anyone able to help? :( Can't even get to the game menu

Sadly, I'm not an expert on this, but I noticed your screenshots mention trouble locating some data. I had an issue with missing files in my first installation attempt and that was fixed by running everything as admin. After that, and successful initial gamestart, it would still work if run as a normal user.

That was my first time entering the radiation zone in Starvation A16 so I don't have any exo-parts at all. Will try out different strategies.
With luck and patience you can get exo parts outside the radiation zone: plasma boss can spawn in the wasteland. Easiest way to deal with him is snipe at night with nightsight, but beware of landmines then.

That was my first time entering the radiation zone in Starvation A16 so I don't have any exo-parts at all. Will try out different strategies.

you can get some from nuke plants as well.. for the burned area we used a full xrad suit + hazmat jacker (since it covers shirt slot), and we were some what okay, but to go into the red zone you can only use a powered exosuit.

maybe try taking some rad shots or pills to help with the radiation?