A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Hi there! I want to translate this mod into Russian language. Roughly 60-70% done.

Can someone help me? How I can translate texts from mods.dll?

You would probably need access to the source and that is not something we make available due to our license. I am sure if you would like to submit the translations we could incorporate it in the build

Edited by rentechd (see edit history)

CLIENT PATCH 16.0.0.28.1

Quick fix for custom animation class of older models, that was throwing errors on bosses.

ONLY CLIENTS NEED UPDATE!

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.28

Christmas Update

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23604[/ATTACH]

• MINER EVENT
    • You can now craft a miner:
      • Miner Base (crafted in Mill)
      • Miner Blade (crafted in Lathe)
      • Miner Arm (crafted in Mill)
      • Control Box (crafted in Science Workstation)

[*]You should then find a suitable place to mine. The miner actually mines world mineral (3 block radius straight down). So placing it in a place with a lot of ore blocks will grant the higher results

[*]Keep in mind that it "depletes" the blocks it mines, so you can't camp a single spot, but it MIGHT last for more then 1 run.

[*]Once you find a suitable spot:

• Place the miner base. Make sure the spot is able to support it, you don't wanna loose it.
      • Open the tool box of the miner (click and hold for options).
      • Place the miner control box, arm and blade inside the tool box. This field assembles the miner.
      • Place a failure relay near the base.
      • Power up the failure relay
      • You will see a console coming up, and a booting up sequence
      • The event itself happens in 4 increasingly harder waves
      • Each wave will go deeper and deeper (10blocks, 20blocks, 40blocks, down to bedrock). Use common sense to understand your returns: if the closest ore is at 41 depth, waves 1 and 2 may return only a few things!
      • The deeper the miner goes, the higher the probability of finding rare gems and minerals, but the waves will also be harder.
      • You can interrupt the event at any time, by cutting off the power.
      • You can open the miner inventory at any time (click and hold for options)
      • You can pick up the miner, once you repair it and disassemble it by removing all tools and loot.
      • Failure Relay and Small Diesel Generators are now pickable EVEN WITHOUT LAND PROTECTION!
      • NOTE: some gems can drop anywhere, others only drop out of specific minerals.

[*]The event will error (stop) or reset if:

• No player stays within 10-15 blocks of the miner. At least one player should always be near. If no player is present, the current wave will reset.
      • Too many man made blocks near the miner, will trigger a failure protection and the miner will stop, so that you can't put blocks around it.
      • Having no open sky above will trigger a failure protection and the miner will stop.
      • Having no suitable place to spawn enemies will cause the miner to stop
      • Any missing miner tool will cause it to stop

[*]NOTE: repair hit box of the base is a bit "odd", so you need to move around it. We'll fix that asap.

[*]ORE SCANNER

• Using old Domonix ore scanner code, I improved it and made the brand new MinScan 1000
    • This rare loot device will allow you to scan the terrain under you for ores, in a radius of 3 blocks, making it an invaluable tool to use with the Miner.
    • The scanner can be found anywhere that drops "rare tools" in loot.
    • The scanner will display the quantity and mineral value of ores found, and well as the depth of the closest ore block.
    • NOTE that it will not tell you which ores are there.
      • The mineral value is a weighted sum of all ores available.
      • Based on current biome, ore quantity and mineral value, you'll have to use your wits to have an idea of what can be down there.

[*]RARE MINERALS/GEMS AND SOCKABLE UPGRADES

• With the miner, you can now find rare gems and rare minerals
    • Those can be used to either:
      • Increase max item quality, up to 650 (consumes the rare minerals)
      • Repair items without quality loss (consumes the rare minerals)
      • Increase entity damage (takes one slot)
      • Increase block damage (takes one slot)
      • If this feature has acceptance and works well, more combinations will come

[*]The following items are currently upgradable:

• Iron Armor
      • Steel Armor
      • Exo Suit
      • All ranged weapons
      • Iron and Steel tools
      • Machete, Iron Club, Sledgehammer, Hunting Knife, Saw Bat, Electric Speer, Lightsword

[*]How to upgrade:

• Hold the item
      • Press the - (the dash/hyphen/minus key)
      • Make the desired changes to the available gem sockets
      • Press ESC to apply the configuration
      • Invalid items will be returned to the inventory
      • You will be notified if there are useless gems for the current item in your configuration, but you wont be told which one
      • If any gem is consumed, you will be informed but you wont be told what it did.
      • If no warning messages appear it means your gem is doing something.
      • There is a small chance of failure, which causes the loss of the gem
      • It's up to you guys to figure out what does what to what.
      • I'll give you some pointers though, about previously existing ores. Some of them are now usable to repair or increase durability of certain items
        • Gold is now usable
        • Silver is now usable
        • Diamonds are now usable
        • Uranium is now usable
        • Depleted Uranium is now usable

[*]SANTA RESCUE EVENT

• Santa Claus is a random snow biome spawn
    • When a player gets close to it, a rescue event will be triggered and Santa will call out for help
      • 10s after the event is triggered, a first wave of enemies will spawn
      • The event consists of 4 increasingly harder waves, adding harder enemies then culminating with a boss
      • If you pay attention, Santa will give you a pointer that a wave spawn is incoming.
      • Player NEEDs to stay close to Santa (at least 1 player), and keep him alive
      • Santa will not accept dialogs for the duration of the event.
      • If all players leave Santa vicinity the event will reset.
      • If Santa survives the full event, he will be available to talk for 60 seconds. You will hear him thank you as a pointer, and dialogs will be available.
      • To open Santa presents, hold the item in hand and press right mouse button. Press ESC to close the Gift Box.

WORD OF ADVISE: do not engage on this new events alone, unless you're very well geared up and are not affraid of a challenge!

NOTE: if you guys find a way to "cheat" these events (which I know you will!), I ask you to contact us directly :)

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this changes and, as always, keep us informed of problems, balancing issues or bugs. We'll get to them IF and WHEN possible, without overlooking our own fun!

So Merry Christmas, and go grab your presents!

PS - For people playing on official servers, updates should already be applied.

PS1- Public Server repo is already updated

Client, server or both?

For client Sphereii just told me I can use a Gitlab as secondary download which might help.

Basically the server is very long loaded with github. The client, too. There is some group of people who are used to downloading the client and server from the github.

Edited by swidler (see edit history)

Basically the server is very long loaded with github. The client, too. There is some group of people who are used to downloading the client and server from the github.

Enabling this option in the Mod Launcher will expose a "Check here to download from a mirror" option. Those users can click on that, and it'll download from the mirror, instead of github.

Enabling this option in the Mod Launcher will expose a "Check here to download from a mirror" option. Those users can click on that, and it'll download from the mirror, instead of github.

if you added the server load to the launcher ... I and others would like to thank you so much!

if you added the server load to the launcher ... I and others would like to thank you so much!

Its not possible to add the server load to the launcher at this time. You need to directly download the server files from the link given and manually install these yourself.

CLIENT PATCH 16.0.0.28.2

Removed autoquests again until they can be fully reviewed. Thank you.

Christmas Update

• MINER EVENT

[*]You should then find a suitable place to mine. The miner actually mines world mineral (3 block radius straight down). So placing it in a place with a lot of ore blocks will grant the higher results

[*]Keep in mind that it "depletes" the blocks it mines, so you can't camp a single spot, but it MIGHT last for more then 1 run.

• Place the miner base. Make sure the spot is able to support it, you don't wanna loose it.
      • Place the miner control box, arm and blade inside the tool box. This field assembles the miner.
      • Each wave will go deeper and deeper (10blocks, 20blocks, 40blocks, down to bedrock). Use common sense to understand your returns: if the closest ore is at 41 depth, waves 1 and 2 may return only a few things!
      • The deeper the miner goes, the higher the probability of finding rare gems and minerals, but the waves will also be harder.
      • You can pick up the miner, once you repair it and disassemble it by removing all tools and loot.
      • Failure Relay and Small Diesel Generators are now pickable EVEN WITHOUT LAND PROTECTION!

• No player stays within 10-15 blocks of the miner. At least one player should always be near. If no player is present, the current wave will reset.
      • Too many man made blocks near the miner, will trigger a failure protection and the miner will stop, so that you can't put blocks around it.
      • Having no open sky above will trigger a failure protection and the miner will stop.

[*]NOTE: repair hit box of the base is a bit "odd", so you need to move around it. We'll fix that asap.

[*]ORE SCANNER

• Using old Domonix ore scanner code, I improved it and made the brand new MinScan 1000
    • This rare loot device will allow you to scan the terrain under you for ores, in a radius of 3 blocks, making it an invaluable tool to use with the Miner.
    • The scanner will display the quantity and mineral value of ores found, and well as the depth of the closest ore block.
      • Based on current biome, ore quantity and mineral value, you'll have to use your wits to have an idea of what can be down there.

• Iron Armor
      • Steel Armor
      • Exo Suit
      • All ranged weapons
      • Iron and Steel tools
      • Machete, Iron Club, Sledgehammer, Hunting Knife, Saw Bat, Electric Speer, Lightsword

[*]How to upgrade:

• Hold the item
      • You will be notified if there are useless gems for the current item in your configuration, but you wont be told which one
      • If any gem is consumed, you will be informed but you wont be told what it did.
      • I'll give you some pointers though, about previously existing ores. Some of them are now usable to repair or increase durability of certain items
        • Gold is now usable
        • Silver is now usable
        • Uranium is now usable

[*]SANTA RESCUE EVENT

• When a player gets close to it, a rescue event will be triggered and Santa will call out for help
      • The event consists of 4 increasingly harder waves, adding harder enemies then culminating with a boss
      • If you pay attention, Santa will give you a pointer that a wave spawn is incoming.
      • If Santa survives the full event, he will be available to talk for 60 seconds. You will hear him thank you as a pointer, and dialogs will be available.
      • To open Santa presents, hold the item in hand and press right mouse button. Press ESC to close the Gift Box.

WORD OF ADVISE: do not engage on this new events alone, unless you're very well geared up and are not affraid of a challenge!

NOTE: if you guys find a way to "cheat" these events (which I know you will!), I ask you to contact us directly :)

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this changes and, as always, keep us informed of problems, balancing issues or bugs. We'll get to them IF and WHEN possible, without overlooking our own fun!

First of all, very good and sorry for my bad English.

Is it mandatory to restart map when updating to the latest version on the server side?

I ask this, because it does not allow to enter the server with the saved game, this message appears:

"Server is still initializing, please try again in a minute".

Also "error 503" appears when I try to see the map online (alloc)

But you can enter by creating a new map.

Here I leave the log file

https://pastebin.com/HX2MSWSb

Someone has some link to download SERVER VERSION 16.0.0.26?

If returning to the previous version we can continue with the map, I do not mind not having the miner and the worms until the next wipe.

Thank you very much and happy holidays

************** Spanish **************

Es obligatorio reiniciar mapa al actualizar a la ultima version el lado del servidor?

Pregunto esto, porque no deja entrar al servidor con la partida guardada, aparece este mensaje:

"Server is still initializing, please try again in a minute".

Tambien aparece "error 503" cuando intento ver el mapa online (alloc)

Pero si se puede entrar creando un mapa nuevo.

Aqui dejo el archivo log

https://pastebin.com/HX2MSWSb

Alguien tiene algْn enlace para descargar la VERSION SERVER 16.0.0.26?

Si volviendo a la anterior versiَn podemos continuar con el mapa, no me importa no tener el minero y los gusanos hasta el proximo wipe.

Muchas gracias y FELICES FIESTAS

Edited by Suicidasestao
request another previous version (see edit history)

I'm getting frequent NullReferenceException streams when switching to tool items after updating to 16.0.0.28.1 from the pre-Christmas version (probably 16.0.0.27). I'm playing a 2-player co-op game and have tried both dedicated (local) server and having one player host. The items that have caused the problem so far have been iron pickaxes, hunting knife, and chain and links. Restarting the dedicated server seems to be required, but for the host configuration the other player logging off seems to be enough (even when it's the host that is experiencing it). The items that cause the error were used earlier without issue and we've tried replacing them with new ones in case there was some corruption of that specific instance.

Server logs don't show anything going on, but client logs show:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ItemClassAR1.OnHoldingUpdate (.ItemInventoryData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I'm getting frequent NullReferenceException streams when switching to tool items after updating to 16.0.0.28.1 from the pre-Christmas version (probably 16.0.0.27). I'm playing a 2-player co-op game and have tried both dedicated (local) server and having one player host. The items that have caused the problem so far have been iron pickaxes, hunting knife, and chain and links. Restarting the dedicated server seems to be required, but for the host configuration the other player logging off seems to be enough (even when it's the host that is experiencing it). The items that cause the error were used earlier without issue and we've tried replacing them with new ones in case there was some corruption of that specific instance.

Server logs don't show anything going on, but client logs show:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ItemClassAR1.OnHoldingUpdate (.ItemInventoryData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I haven't really been able to replicate this error in either single player or dedi. Please send me a full operlog and/or the savegame, if at all possible.

• Does it happen if you're playing alone, or only when both of you are nearby?
  • Did replacing the items solve the problem
  • Are you using any custom UI that may have removed "windowLooting" window from windows.xml or extensively modified it?
  • Are you using any bigger backpack mod? If so, is it updated to 16.0.0.28, latest patch?

Thank you.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

I haven't really been able to replicate this error in either single player or dedi. Please send me a full operlog and/or the savegame, if at all possible.

• Are you using any custom UI that may have removed "windowLooting" window from windows.xml or extensively modified it?
  • Are you using any bigger backpack mod? If so, is it updated to 16.0.0.28, latest patch?

Thank you.

update the server to version 16.0.0.28.2?

update the server to version 16.0.0.28.2?

We are also having Null reference errors on items. Random item that worked fine b4 or are working fine for other people. My wife was unable to have a steel fire ax on her while my friend was unable to have a hunting knife or saw bat. Will try updatiing to 28.2

We are also having Null reference errors on items. Random item that worked fine b4 or are working fine for other people. My wife was unable to have a steel fire ax on her while my friend was unable to have a hunting knife or saw bat. Will try updatiing to 28.2

Please make sure you can answer any of my questions / requests, if at all possible, or I wont be able to replicate and solve the problem.

Thank you.

Client 16.0.0.28.3

CLIENT PATCH 16.0.0.28.3

Client optimizations. That's about all I can do without more info.

NOTE: Please, PLEASE, make sure you're running unmodified Starvation when reporting bugs!

Starvation changes a lot more then XMLs and custom assets, and until the game itself is finished, Starvation will be constantly mutating too, making bugs hard enough to detect.

Christmas Update

• MINER EVENT

[*]ORE SCANNER

• Iron Armor
      • Steel Armor
      • Exo Suit
      • All ranged weapons
      • Iron and Steel tools

[*]How to upgrade:

• Hold the item
        • Gold is now usable
        • Silver is now usable
        • Uranium is now usable

[*]SANTA RESCUE EVENT

Update the dedi of the version under 16.0.0.28.2? Do you plan to update?

There is no server version 16.0.0.28.2. Currently the latest Starvation Server version is 16.0.0.28

There was a hotfix for the Client that is 16.0.0.28.3. Only the client needs updating. Servers do not need to be updated - nothing change on the server.

Edited by rentechd (see edit history)