A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Hi, I'm playing with the most recent version of Starvation and I found this weird forge bug on version 16.0.0.27. It has happened to me twice now where the iron count in the forge has a number but when I try to make something the ingredients list shows 0 iron. Melting iron again increases the iron count in the forge UI but I cannot make anything even though there is iron. It might be coincidence but this occurred after I tried melting down tools, eg the pickaxe and farming hoe, closed the forge ui and then reopened the forge UI. I already have an anvil in there. Any ideas? Note - No other mods except starvation mod and I'm using the 7d2d launcher.

I had several testers try to reproduce this and couldn't, not could I. If it persists, please video it. Thanks.

Hi, I am able to reproduce the issue and uploaded the video to youtube.

You have no fuel in the forge so it will grey out the recipes. That is expected behavior resulting from the crafting lag SDX mod used in Starvation. Lag is reduced in part by bypassing the fuel and output slot status checks.

You have no fuel in the forge so it will grey out the recipes. That is expected behavior resulting from the crafting lag SDX mod used in Starvation. Lag is reduced in part by bypassing the fuel and output slot status checks.

Ah that might be it. Though I'm pretty sure in my previous attempts to fix the issue I had plenty of fuel or the forge was running and had a huge countdown. Nevertheless, I'll keep an eye out but thanks for looking into it!

Does anyone know where or how to get the weapon training quests? I have searched a ton of my map and visited countless POIs but I haven't found an NPC to grant me the quests. I even tried using the command console to give myself the first quest in each series, but I get an error saying the quest can't be found.

I tried adding via the quest ID (so running "givequest Q_WBL" for blunt weapons training 1) and that didn't work, so I tried editing the XML a bit to match some of the vanilla quests (adding a name_key attribute) but that didn't work either (I later discovered name_key is just a lookup key into the localization file). I'd love to do these quests properly, but I can't find the quest giver and I can't even give myself the quest. Is this a known issue?

I also can't find Michonne anywhere, despite having found 3 Pacco's churches. Is only 1 Michonne spawned per map? Is there any way to find out where she is?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I tried some more today and I'm totally at a loss.

34_TITLE <--- we have these in our journal log and after watching a few videos it seems to be we are missing the cook station and other station information in the journal logs. There is no info on the 34_TITLE log, blank. I have reloaded server to new directory to try and fix, new client installs as well to try and fix. No luck. any suggestions?

on a side note; we see people in videos using scopes on the rifles, even see them in creative menu. Are these a drop or a perk or what?

Hi, I found the same bug again but this time the issue is with steel in the big forge. This time I made sure there was enough fuel. Again, there is steel in the big forge but I cannot make any items that use the steel. The recipe list displays 0 steel enough though the UI on the right side shows plenty of steel. There is also plenty of coal and clay. I made another video on youtube showing the issue:

Hi, I found the same bug again but this time the issue is with steel in the big forge. This time I made sure there was enough fuel. Again, there is steel in the big forge but I cannot make any items that use the steel. The recipe list displays 0 steel enough though the UI on the right side shows plenty of steel. There is also plenty of coal and clay. I made another video on youtube showing the issue:

I think what you are seeing is a result of you not having the perk to make steel. You can smelt scrap steel without the perk, and empty the forge of steel into scrap, but you can't make forged steel without the perk. I've seen this behavior in vanilla mods as well. The zero amount is just how the game handles the missing perk. You have no steel you can "use".

I think what you are seeing is a result of you not having the perk to make steel. You can smelt scrap steel without the perk, and empty the forge of steel into scrap, but you can't make forged steel without the perk. I've seen this behavior in vanilla mods as well. The zero amount is just how the game handles the missing perk. You have no steel you can "use".

I don't think so. In the video, the perk symbol next to the Forged Steel recipes in the craft menu is highlighted, meaning he does have the perk. If he didn't, it would be grayed out.

Even if it were grayed out, it would still show that he does have the required materials.

Hi, I'm playing with the most recent version of Starvation and I found this weird forge bug on version 16.0.0.27. It has happened to me twice now where the iron count in the forge has a number but when I try to make something the ingredients list shows 0 iron. Melting iron again increases the iron count in the forge UI but I cannot make anything even though there is iron. It might be coincidence but this occurred after I tried melting down tools, eg the pickaxe and farming hoe, closed the forge ui and then reopened the forge UI. I already have an anvil in there. Any ideas? Note - No other mods except starvation mod and I'm using the 7d2d launcher.

I've had this happen as well, in Ravenhearst mod. I too suspect it has something to do with melting down items, tools, etc. When I melted some raw iron on top of it, all the iron from the item melting suddenly counted again.

I've had this happen as well, in Ravenhearst mod. I too suspect it has something to do with melting down items, tools, etc. When I melted some raw iron on top of it, all the iron from the item melting suddenly counted again.

I will try to reproduce this but to date I have not seen this happen in Starvation. if it is a particular tool that caused this let me know, that would help track it down.

I don't think so. In the video, the perk symbol next to the Forged Steel recipes in the craft menu is highlighted, meaning he does have the perk. If he didn't, it would be grayed out.

Even if it were grayed out, it would still show that he does have the required materials.

CrypticGirl is correct - I do have the steel perk.

I think this 0 steel bug and the 0 iron bug in the normal forge are related. The game somehow loses track of the iron/steel you have in the two forges even though the UI shows a number.

I will try to reproduce this but to date I have not seen this happen in Starvation. if it is a particular tool that caused this let me know, that would help track it down.

Do what I did in the first video. Start with a forge with 0 iron and start melting an iron tool. Don't leave the UI while it melts.

Do what I did in the first video. Start with a forge with 0 iron and start melting an iron tool. Don't leave the UI while it melts.

It happens in vanilla too with ressources. I believe it has something to do with that the forges are not always refreshing its list, so for the craftmenu it still has 0 in it (or not enough). have to go out of the forge and back in works, because it refreshes the data it sent to you

This does seem very epic! I agree it seems you need a bit more reward especially if you had to cheat some of the enemies away in testing. :)

I'd love to have other things that have this sort of mechanic and really extend this idea further, whereby using said items caused a wave of zombies to spawn, getting harder and harder the longer it is left running.

A great example would be a POI where you could find a big blast furnace that is capable of turning forged iron and coal directly into forged steel at a super fast rate after 3 waves. You deposit up to 500 iron and 500 coal in there and get 500 steel out at the end. However by using this item it would cause waves of zombies to spawn around the POI with the blast furnace inside, and the longer it is left on, the more zombies will begin to spawn until you even start getting rad cops and eventually bosses, if left on for way too long. This could also be the only place you could craft a crucible, enabling you to make steel ingots in your own big forge. For that you'd need to survive 5 waves of attacks.

And what about doing this with some of the nuclear plant systems? Have it so that when the turbine turns on, it may have a chance to summon zombies around the plant that would try and break in. Would make reinforcing the power plant with traps and camping there necessary if you wanted to use it for power cores to power the exo suit later on.

You could even use this sort of thing as a gate, whereby a player would have to venture out to find the POI that had an item capable of making the next thing to progress. Then have a progression something like

Early game -> Steel POI -> Mid game -> Nuclear Plant POI -> Late game -> Rad zone

I remember you guys saying the minibike was OP as well, what about having the minibike chassis made on an 'improved lathe' which you can find inside a working stiffs store or pass+gas randomly? Another way to have this mechanic be used. You want that minibike? You're going to have to fight tooth and nail to get it. This would also force people to walk through biomes, encountering animals that the bike lets them drift right past.

This does seem very epic! I agree it seems you need a bit more reward especially if you had to cheat some of the enemies away in testing. :)

I'd love to have other things that have this sort of mechanic and really extend this idea further, whereby using said items caused a wave of zombies to spawn, getting harder and harder the longer it is left running.

A great example would be a POI where you could find a big blast furnace that is capable of turning forged iron and coal directly into forged steel at a super fast rate after 3 waves. You deposit up to 500 iron and 500 coal in there and get 500 steel out at the end. However by using this item it would cause waves of zombies to spawn around the POI with the blast furnace inside, and the longer it is left on, the more zombies will begin to spawn until you even start getting rad cops and eventually bosses, if left on for way too long. This could also be the only place you could craft a crucible, enabling you to make steel ingots in your own big forge. For that you'd need to survive 5 waves of attacks.

And what about doing this with some of the nuclear plant systems? Have it so that when the turbine turns on, it may have a chance to summon zombies around the plant that would try and break in. Would make reinforcing the power plant with traps and camping there necessary if you wanted to use it for power cores to power the exo suit later on.

You could even use this sort of thing as a gate, whereby a player would have to venture out to find the POI that had an item capable of making the next thing to progress. Then have a progression something like

Early game -> Steel POI -> Mid game -> Nuclear Plant POI -> Late game -> Rad zone

I remember you guys saying the minibike was OP as well, what about having the minibike chassis made on an 'improved lathe' which you can find inside a working stiffs store or pass+gas randomly? Another way to have this mechanic be used. You want that minibike? You're going to have to fight tooth and nail to get it. This would also force people to walk through biomes, encountering animals that the bike lets them drift right past.

All great ideas. All doable. This mechanic can be reused for many new scenarios. Once this one is finished (and Morte just showed off a piece) I think we will focus on making a second type of event next, with additional new event functionality. Building a catalog of event code now will yield long term, reusable benefits.

We have discussed ideas about the minibike, but will probably wait until A17 as all vehicle code will be changing so anything done now will need to be completely redone in A17.

All great ideas. All doable. This mechanic can be reused for many new scenarios. Once this one is finished (and Morte just showed off a piece) I think we will focus on making a second type of event next, with additional new event functionality. Building a catalog of event code now will yield long term, reusable benefits.

We have discussed ideas about the minibike, but will probably wait until A17 as all vehicle code will be changing so anything done now will need to be completely redone in A17.

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all pans out with the new events and super excited to try this mining machine thingy out when it gets dropped on an update :)

I agree with A17s vehicle changes needing everything redone if you try and implement something right away, good idea on the wait. Can't wait to see what other event triggers you guys have planned :D