A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

A buddy of mine is a big fan of the spam crafting available in alpha15. I'm trying to install a copy of starvation15 someone sent me on alpha15.2 or alpha15.1.

It looks like I can get to the menu just fine. I keep getting about a billion null reference exceptions when I try to play.

Would love help, if anyone has a second.

I'm thinking option 1 is to try to find someone else that has a copy of starvation laying around for 15.1 or 15.2. Or maybe even an entire copy of the 7dtd a15 with starvation installed.

option 2 might be looking for a mod that adds spamcrafting to alpha16.

option 3 ??? open to suggestions

If I have this right, this is the reader's digest version of using this on a server and people joining:

Install mod launcher on all systems

Download the mod for all systems with mod launcher

On the server system, grab all the files in the mod's folder, and copy them into the server's 7 days server folder

On the systems for people joining, then just use the mod launcher with starvation selected and launch the game, and then join the server.

Is that right? Its been 3/4 of a year since I ran a 7 days starvation server, and some of its still foggy. We have new friends who just got 7 days, and we figured it'd be nice to play a bit for the halloween season, and before a17 releases.

So spike traps not working? Boiler - heat pipes - 3 blocks to valve - then 2 pipes to spike trap.

All hooks up fine - even hooked up a mill at the end (past spike trap) and I can access its menu so I know its getting heat power.

Starvation: 16.0.1.03 for Alpha 16.4

OH FYI - this one is unmodded except for stack sizes due to the limited space.

I have the below setup for a large box area. About 50 x 50. In the center of the directions is a path I use to cross wooden spikes on a bridge.

Initially I had one boiler for each direction. Only the first one after the boiler in the north-east direction worked. All others in the other directions didn't work.

2nd time - tore up everything (and I mean Everything) and went to creative mode to replace everything. Still same result - only the first one after the boiler worked in the north east direction...

Third time... Rebuilt everything.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Boiler ---Valve--------Valve--------Valve-----<END>

Same results...

Same setup - placing 3 blocks apart.. MILL (was able to place it and was able to access 'internal mill menu'

T T T T T T T T M

Same results...

OH - Journal has:

34_Title

38_Title

34_Title

38_Title

38_Title

34_Title

OH! The farmer - planted only 7 plants in the totally wrong direction

F=Fertilized Ground

W=Water

N-Normal Ground

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FWWWWWWWWF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

NNNNNNNNNNNNNN

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FWWWWWWWWF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

^ she planted up and down across the designated rows. Killed her.

Running over bare sections of pipe can spawn pipes on top of the bare pipes.

Edited by Cadamier (see edit history)

Starvation: 16.0.1.03 for Alpha 16.4

OH FYI - this one is unmodded except for stack sizes due to the limited space.

I have the below setup for a large box area. About 50 x 50. In the center of the directions is a path I use to cross wooden spikes on a bridge.

Initially I had one boiler for each direction. Only the first one after the boiler in the north-east direction worked. All others in the other directions didn't work.

2nd time - tore up everything (and I mean Everything) and went to creative mode to replace everything. Still same result - only the first one after the boiler worked in the north east direction...

Third time... Rebuilt everything.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Same results...

Same setup - placing 3 blocks apart.. MILL (was able to place it and was able to access 'internal mill menu'

T T T T T T T T M

Same results...

OH - Journal has:

34_Title

38_Title

34_Title

38_Title

38_Title

34_Title

OH! The farmer - planted only 7 plants in the totally wrong direction

F=Fertilized Ground

W=Water

N-Normal Ground

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FWWWWWWWWF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

NNNNNNNNNNNNNN

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FWWWWWWWWF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

^ she planted up and down across the designated rows. Killed her.

Running over bare sections of pipe can spawn pipes on top of the bare pipes.

Tried fire traps... Found only one section of 8 traps working before the valve.

Looks like the itty-bitty-tiny baby sheep can get through reinforced concrete walls 2 blocks high.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you make the plutonium? There is no information about it. We put a generator to the thing outside the building with the ring inside and the other thing like the yellow paper you get from the truck said, we put the same thing in the thing in the water. (sorry cant remember the name). Nothing happen, no plutonium nothing.

(TL;DR at the end)

Forgive me for not going through all of this thread to find out the answer to this, but...

...are there invisible zombies/enemies in the Starvation mod?

I'm an experienced 7DtD player (easily 500+ hours) and would like to think I've got a good handle on where the zombies are and what risk I am at from them. However twice now I've simply died as if I was hit by a zombie yet I've been near 100 health and it was one hit. This happened in the destroyed biome twice now - whether that is coincidence or evidence of an issue I am unsure - and at no time was I being chased or even sensed by anything. As it was the destroyed biome I thought maybe a landmine but there was no explosion, or perhaps a bird attack from above but no bird noises accompanied my death. I've just been going about my usual business, being careful as I have the AI at it's highest difficulty and suddenly the sound of an attack and I am one hit instakill. No zombies are shown on my screen although I will hear growling noises.

I am more than happy to accept that the vast (VAST!) majority of my deaths are from my own hand, a few are down to glitches and lag and a few are just down to RNG bad luck with a horde spawning right on me. All of these I'm happy to take with a pinch of salt as I'm happy to learn my lesson and move on. However one hit instakills from invisible zombies is just a RNG nightmare. Unable to detect them until they hit you and no way to fight back once they do as it's a one hit kill situation.

There may be a texture missing that somehow renders the zombies invisible or there could just be a massive bug in the game that given certain circumstances screws with the player/zombie interaction but I've only experienced this in the Starvation mod so far.

TL;DR?

Been killed twice now by what seems like invisible zombies, one hit kill as well, both times in destroyed biome but not birds, landmines of dogs as the noise is the zombie "growl" yet no zombie was visible before (or after) my death and I was neither hunted nor sensed. What gives? Does Starvation mod have invisible instakill zombies?

Xyth's response to the invisible textures (from a previous query):

"Most invisible type issues are due to running out of video ram. Lower texture size and retry."

I appreciate the effort you've put in here, don't feel I don't, and I did see that comment, but that just isn't the case for me. I have 16Gb of mem and use a pretty decent 960GTX, add to that all the settings are already pretty low down to the game running like a dog on my 8320 (sadly A16 is no fan of multi-core AMD FX's). My texture size is already at half or quarter, with all the rendering turned down very low just to keep the FPS up.

They say "most", which would suggest that this is a different issue. As I said in the other thread (which I might close now if this is the correct place for it), it's only Starvation that I have the issue with, or at least I've not encountered the issue on another other mod or vanilla in the 500+ hours I've put in (granted a decent chunk of that will be pre 16.4).

** Minor Edit: I've made these comments not to gripe or complain. Hell, the mod is free, what would I have to complain about? More that I was hoping this was an issue others had come up against and found a way around it.

Edited by ricp (see edit history)

Xyth's response to the invisible textures (from a previous query):

"Most invisible type issues are due to running out of video ram. Lower texture size and retry."

Ok, so I have a resolution, of sorts.

It seems that in the Starvation mod there are aggressive NPCs who wonder the destroyed biome taking out anyone they see. Sadly they seem to be one shot kill and with them blending into the biome so well (especially as my gfx settings are so low to help with FPS) it's effectively a dice roll - and a dice roll I almost always lose. Disappointingly my spawn point is pretty much surrounded by destroyed biome, just luck of the RNG draw I suppose, but it's penned me in pretty much completely and any attempt to cross the destroyed biome leads to my fairly quick death.

Frustratingly these NPCs can spot you miles away and have a massive range on their weapon. Many times I don't see them or get told I'm hunted before I'm put down.

As it is, I honestly don't know of a way to deal with them. Perhaps being fully geared might give me a chance but they are a world away from even the toughest zombies. Cops and dog hordes are a breeze to deal with in comparison.

Ultimately I will need to restart my game, which is completely defeatist but I have lost absolutely tons of late game gear that I can't recover because those NPCs literally wipe me out within seconds of entering the destroyed biome.

Annoying, but at least I know it's not a bug but by design. ♥♥♥♥ design choice, imo, you shouldn't have long distance one shot kill NPCs roaming about, but a design choice none the less. Perhaps this is the flaw of working with insane level AI in that in normal levels these NPCs can be dealt with fairly easily.

TL;DR;

The game/mod is as intended, it's just uber tough NPCs who wipe you out (one shot one kill) without warning and from long distance in the destroyed biome. It's not a bug but it is really poor mod design. Still, onwards and upwards, I'll just avoid the destroyed biome which is really only useful for getting easy iron.

Edited by ricp (see edit history)

Well I just look and there is not a lots information about it. Lots questions and no answer thats what I saw. This is sad people can't even answer with a real answer or they don't answer at all.

You go inside the buildings, find the deep water tank with 2 reactors under water. swim down and load in both rings and enriched uranium. wait upto 2 game days in that facility without leaving the chunk (area). Swim back down and get your uranium.

Hello there. I played all popular mods and so far this is the best ever, I can't imagine returning to another one.

I'm wondering why in the game when I hit F6 I can spawn a donkey, abominable range and probably more but in the files I can not find anything related to it. Nothing in Archetype.xml or another file about it. I'd like to have them spawning on the server as the others animals or zombies.

Hello there. I played all popular mods and so far this is the best ever, I can't imagine returning to another one.

I'm wondering why in the game when I hit F6 I can spawn a donkey, abominable range and probably more but in the files I can not find anything related to it. Nothing in Archetype.xml or another file about it. I'd like to have them spawning on the server as the others animals or zombies.

They are found in entityclasses.xml

Could use some help please. I want to mod the speed when wearing the exo suit. I am trying to edit in physicsbodies and found the exo suit files. I modded the buff like this and it doesn't seem to work. Before anyone says this .... yes the suit is on and active with power.

modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="4.0" /> changed it from modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="1.5" />

Any ideas?

As well I have been going into the RAD zone and still getting Rad poisoning.... it's mitigated but not entirely. The message when I wear the suit says I won't suffer rad poisoning while wearing the suit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Makin Plutonium

Well I just look and there is not a lots information about it. Lots questions and no answer thats what I saw. This is sad people can't even answer with a real answer or they don't answer at all.

So you need to put enriched uranium and steel rings in the reactors. I think it is a minimum of 2 of each and then you have to stay in the area I think its for one day. I know that kinda sux. I have played this mod sooo much I got tired of waiting. One way sort of a hack is to get in the area log out change your game to 10 minute days and let it play out. Swim down and buyow!!! Plutonium...

A buddy of mine is a big fan of the spam crafting available in alpha15. I'm trying to install a copy of starvation15 someone sent me on alpha15.2 or alpha15.1.

It looks like I can get to the menu just fine. I keep getting about a billion null reference exceptions when I try to play.

Would love help, if anyone has a second.

I'm thinking option 1 is to try to find someone else that has a copy of starvation laying around for 15.1 or 15.2. Or maybe even an entire copy of the 7dtd a15 with starvation installed.

option 2 might be looking for a mod that adds spamcrafting to alpha16.

option 3 ??? open to suggestions

Maybe I am missing the obvious but in steam you can load any version you want. Just right click on the game go to properties and choose beta and then pick which ever version you want.