A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

You need the smith to make the glass panels, then the mechanic makes the cells and the bank iirc. I forget exactly, but I have made both banks and cells with our mechanic before he died.

- - - Updated - - -

I use iron bars for mine. :) bullet proof glass can be troublesome for like, but shower glass will work,.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all the intell we've gathered on the crafters so far by trying to teach them various things, forgive, we did it at max level so i dont know what he can learn at which level at this time.

Mechanic - needs storage building container for raw mats and a Storage Weapons container for the end products. Requires a male survivor to be placed.

Nails (is broken), Spring, Bullet Casing Pack, Bullet Tip Pack, Small Generator, Diesel Generator, Steel Boots, Steel Gloves, Steel Helmet, Steel Chest Armor, Steel Leg Armor, Parts for: Hunting Rifle, PSG-1 Rifle, Assault Rifle, Steampunk Revolver, Pistol, Shotgun, SMG, AK-47, Receivers/Cylinder for: Hunting Rifle, PSG-1 Rifle, AK-47, SMG, Shotgun, Steampunk Revolver, Pistol, Full Gun Assembly for: ACW, MTAR-21, AK-47, PSG-1, SMG, .44 Mag, Revolver, Pistol, Steampunk Revolver, Hunting Rifle, Shotgun, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Air Conditioner, Solar Bank, Solar Cells, Buechse

Weaponsmith - needs storage container for end product and raw mats. Requires a male survivor to be placed (will also use Fisherman, Scientist, Military Guy).

Ceramic Armor Plate, SteelPlate, ArmoredPlate, Iron Arrowhead Pack, Steel Arrowhead Pack, Metal Frame, Small Deposit, Generator Housing, Fuel Deposit, Glass Plates, Steel Fireaxe, Machete, Bear Trap, Forged Steel, Wrench, Rolling Garage Door, Barrel/Frame for: SMG, Assault Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun Short, Shotgun Long, AK-47, PSG-1, Hunting Rifle, Steampunk Revolver, Grip/Stock for: Steampunk Revolver, SMG, Pistol, Shotgun, Shotgun Short, Assault Rifle, AK-47, Hunting Rifle, PSG-1, Industrial Light - Broken

Cook Chef - Will use refrigerator to collect and place materials. Requires a female survivor to be placed (not the little girl).

cornBread, eggboiled, cornOnTheCob, grilledMeat, charredMeat, boiledMeat, baconAndEggs, coffee, vegetableStew, goldenRodTea, redTea, meatStew, blueberryPie

So.. you just copy pasted the wiki information? Better just linking it if other people wants to know: http://starvationmod.wikidot.com/sett

So.. you just copy pasted the wiki information? Better just linking it if other people wants to know: http://starvationmod.wikidot.com/sett

this is a copy paste.....

There are currently 3 different crafters:

Weaponsmith - needs storage building container for end product and raw mats. Requires a male survivor to be placed.

Low tier items: TrapNail, ceramicPlate, hoeIron, wrench, partsRevolver_frame, partsRevolver_grip, partsPumpShotgun_stock, partsPumpShotgun_barrel

Medium tier items: huntingKnife, BearTrap, forgedSteel, fireaxeIron, pickaxeIron, partsHuntingRifle_stock, partsHuntingRifle_barrel, partsPistol_grip, partsPistol_barrel, partsPumpShotgun_stockShort, partsPumpShotgun_barrelShort

High tier items: machete, GarageDoorNew1, steelPlate, armorPlate, partsAK47_stock, partsAK47_barrel, partsMP5_stock, partsMP5_barrel, metalFrame, smallDeposit

Expert tier items: powerStreetLight01, fireaxeSteel, assaultRifleStock, assaultRifleBarrel, partsSniperRifle_stock, partsSniperRifle_barrel, genCasing, fuelDeposit

Mechanic - needs storage building container for raw mats and a Storage Weapons container for the end products. Requires a male survivor to be placed.

Low tier items: gunNail, nailShotgun, partsHuntingRifle_parts, partsPistol_parts, partsRevolver_parts, partsPumpShotgun_receiver

Medium tier items: gunHuntingRifle, gunPumpShotgun, gunSawedOffPumpShotgun, gunRevolver, partsHuntingRifle_receiver, partsPistol_receiver, partsRevolver_cylinder, partsPumpShotgun_parts, buechse

High tier items: gunMP5, gunPistol, steelBoots, steelGloves, steelLegArmor, partsAK47_receiver, partsAK47_parts, partsMP5_receiver, partsMP5_parts, steampunkRevolver, SmallGenerator

Expert tier items: gunAK47, ACW, MTAR, gun44Magnum, gunSniperRifle, steelChestArmor, steelHelmet, Drawbridge1, assaultRifleTriggerHousing, acw-r_parts, partsSniperRifle_receiver, partsSniperRifle_parts, dieselGen

Cook Chef - needs storage food container for end product and raw mats. Requires a female survivor to be placed.

Low tier items: cornBread,eggboiled,cornOnTheCob,charredMeat

Medium tier items: grilledMeat,boiledMeat,baconAndEggs,coffee

High tier items: vegetableStew,goldenRodTea,redTea

Expert tier items: meatStew,blueberryPie

imo, what i wrote is easier to read, plus some of the tings on their we either couldnt figure out what it was, or couldnt get him to learn it. Like any of the nailgun stuff, he just refused, parts or whole. and there are some things on our list that arent on his list..

- - - Updated - - -

Nails isnt a recipe, otherwise folks would level the survivor up to easily.

except that it's on his list when you go to assign him jobs.

As linked from above hEfKC2i

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

Where is best place to find copper?

Pretty much anywhere underground. Dig down, you will eventually run into copper. It's fairly common, but much less common than regular iron ore.

@Mort,

Deleting the animal files from the server does not fix the issue with animals.

Here's how it goes for me:

Male Goat + Female Goat = breeding okay, but no food consumption, immortal=they never die on their own, upon death by axe they drop rotten meat instead of regular meat

Cow = no food consumption, milk gathering works fine, mortality not tested.

Male Pig + Female Pig = breeding not working, no food consumption either, immortal as well.

Rabbits = breeding works even if only ONE rabbit is present in the cage. Food and water consumption works.

Edited by Syphon (see edit history)

Where is best place to find copper?

Forest Biome.

Guys, I've come here because the null ref hit me too now. It's not in the high tier weapon quests but in the weapon quests chain too. Started new save because of bees. Slowly starting out on weapons, got to pistol 3/5. Now when I open my quest overview and just click on the pistol entry, console goes up with a wall of red lines. Might it have something to do with the Pacco quest chain? This appeared after I accepted the game room quest and the pistol quest is right below it in the quest overview. Don't have any problems with other weapons yet, but I only started on Handguns and will move to shotguns when I reach 4/5.

My large stock doesn't breed either, which I'm not too worried about as the chickens are my backbone and reliable.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

I think this is truly an amazing mod...

I have a question about gardening..

I can fertilize some soil early to plant corn, potates or other stuff which need fertile dirt.

However I keep getting rats or plague on those plants and they eat it. Seems they don't affect trees.

Seems I need a chemical station to make something work..against those... or am I missing something?

Chem station is not possible before level 60 or so..

What is best way to early defend ur precious crops?

I think this is truly an amazing mod...

I have a question about gardening..

I can fertilize some soil early to plant corn, potates or other stuff which need fertile dirt.

However I keep getting rats or plague on those plants and they eat it. Seems they don't affect trees.

Seems I need a chemical station to make something work..against those... or am I missing something?

Chem station is not possible before level 60 or so..

What is best way to early defend ur precious crops?

Repelent light to avoid bugs from eating your crops. You need to connect them to the generator with Wire tool.

To avoid rats from eating your crops, the trick is to limit the amount of space they can spawn on. If you place your farm on one layer of wood blocks, and seal the farm with another set of wood blocks, the rats will usually spawn outside of it, thus being unable to actually reach your crops.

Or, build the Noise rat repelent.

Hey guys, got a couple issues and suggestions for upcoming patches, and an idea for a new survivor...

Cook station:

Can we get her to learn boiled water recipe? Seems odd she can't do the water when she can make all the other basic drinks and things. Or is this a balance thing so we can't level her up too quickly, if so maybe lower the XP it gives her?

Doctor quest:

I found a few survivors underground in a bunker and I got given a hazmat suit and a quest to go into the rad zone to kill the doctor. Who exactly is the doctor? Is he a doc zed (the guy in blue) that drops the x-rad syringes, or is he a specific one? Reason I ask is because I killed about 3 doc zeds but it didn't register that I had killed them, so I'm not sure if this is a survivor thing or not. I also killed mortelentus in the red mesa but that didn't register either, so it can't be him... is there a specific POI I need to find?

Idea: Tailoring survivor and alternate recipes for items requiring clothes:

I think one thing that would be really good is if we could have a tailor or clothes survivor that we could recruit to learn different items of clothing. There's a few things that require specific items of clothing to be found in the world but some of these things are extremely rare that you may not even find one for 50+ days in the world (and this is coming from a guy who loots most days).

For example the jersey required for the beekeeping suit I think is a very rare item of clothing and I have only ever found the red version but not the right one for the main suit chestpiece. So it would be great to have either an alternate recipe that adds coloured variants of clothes in, or allow it to be crafted on the tailor station. The guard station being able to take any shirt or hat to make the camo one would also be awesome, as I mean surely you can dye anything to the colour you'd want it to with enough dyes.

As you level up the tailor it would be awesome if you could teach them how to make the hazmat suit as well. It would require military fiber and lead in its recipes, and you'd need to actually teach them (they never learn by default) so wouldn't be overpowered and you'd need to find the suit first, and at their highest level you can teach them military fiber by combining kevlar, and maybe steel. Kevlar could be made on the chemistry station or science station with 50 scrap plastics and 5 ammonia solution (10 nitrate powder + bottled water on a moonshine?), which would make it not trivial to produce yourself either until you got quite late-game and have a decent resource run going.

The main reason I suggest this is due to the fact that rubber is now also used in other things besides the x-rad suit so it would give more options for people who want to beekeep and also explore the rad zone. Plus if you die in the rad zone you probably have to wait another 30 days to get a full hazmat suit capable of 100% rad resistance to get your stuff back, so could help there too. Back in A15 the rad suit was more common so this wasn't a problem, but it's much rarer in A16. I have also never seen a trader stock the hazmat suit parts either so not sure if this was removed as I have seen them in vanilla. :)

Pig feeding

Hi

I read someone else had a problem feeding the pigs

I have 3 pigs enclosed in a 7x14 space with a feeding trough that has haybale and animal feed in it

no matter how much time passes, the food in the trough stays the same

4 days have passed already

the trough is placed one block away from a wall, so access is not a problem

Can you help?

401913471_7DaysToDie2018-02-0518-58-05-65.jpg.10ec1574d23f5af405190a01e41a8cf0.jpg

Hi, I first wanted to say thanks for creating this mod. It really really really enhances vanilla. I have a few questions myself:

In reference to the post above about pigs, I too noticed that my goats reproduce but my pigs have never reproduced once. My chickens and rabbits eat food and drink water but my larger live stock (pigs and goats) do not eat or drink water.

I too have a couple questions question!

1) Is there an XML file for the mod or someplace I can somehow look at the code to kind of figure out what's actually going on? For example, I know the wiki has some basic info like what NPC's eat, but I am looking for really specific things like how many blocks away does an NPC eat from, and how far does water travel in dirt for farming, and how far do the repellents work. Just a lot of little questions on mechanics.

2) How do you get a donkey / mule?

Thanks!

Edited by Crable (see edit history)

Hi, I first wanted to say thanks for creating this mod. It really really really enhances vanilla. I have a few questions myself:

In reference to the post above about pigs, I too noticed that my goats reproduce but my pigs have never reproduced once. My chickens and rabbits eat food and drink water but my larger live stock (pigs and goats) do not eat or drink water.

I too have a couple questions question!

1) Is there an XML file for the mod or someplace I can somehow look at the code to kind of figure out what's actually going on? For example, I know the wiki has some basic info like what NPC's eat, but I am looking for really specific things like how many blocks away does an NPC eat from, and how far does water travel in dirt for farming, and how far do the repellents work. Just a lot of little questions on mechanics.

2) How do you get a donkey / mule?

Thanks!

Farm animals are being fixed, since the bug was finally identified.

1) some ranges are in xml, some are harcoded. I can tell you out of my head that plants look for water in a 7 block radius, and NPCs look for food either inside their own inventory or in a 16 block radius, give it or take it... It's a good idea not to have too many fridges near survivors, since they will look for the closest one, and it's harder to keep multiple fridges with the correct supplies... Also remember they don't need direct access to it, like the animals, so they may find one on a different room and try to use that one... I will review this procedure when possible.

2) there are a few way actually: find the farmer npc and finish the quest, be lucky enough to loot one (VERY rare and only drops on one place), or be lucky enough to get one on Pacco's slot machines. Quest can only be done once, but you can loot more then one... They are not currently breedable, but since Tormentedemu is making nice stuff with mounts, who knows :) maybe they'll get to be a lot more useful in the future.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE: next patch will bring weather seasons. It will all be configurable via xml, so that server managers or individual players can opt out of it or configure their own season distribution. The patch is not far away, so I thought I would give a heads up to let you guys discuss that with your groups to make a decision before it drops.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Farm animals are being fixed, since the bug was finally identified.

1) some ranges are in xml, some are harcoded. I can tell you out of my head that plants look for water in a 7 block radius, and NPCs look for food either inside their own inventory or in a 16 block radius, give it or take it... It's a good idea not to have too many fridges near survivors, since they will look for the closest one, and it's harder to keep multiple fridges with the correct supplies... Also remember they don't need direct access to it, like the animals, so they may find one on a different room and try to use that one... I will review this procedure when possible.

2) there are a few way actually: find the farmer npc and finish the quest, be lucky enough to loot one (VERY rare and only drops on one place), or be lucky enough to get one on Pacco's slot machines. Quest can only be done once, but you can loot more then one... They are not currently breedable, but since Tormentedemu is making nice stuff with mounts, who knows :) maybe they'll get to be a lot more useful in the future.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE: next patch will bring weather seasons. It will all be configurable via xml, so that server managers or individual players can opt out of it or configure their own season distribution. The patch is not far away, so I thought I would give a heads up to let you guys discuss that with your groups to make a decision before it drops.

Great to hear that a new patch is coming out soon! Also, its always fun to discover things like Pacco's slot machine, which I didn't know about until you just said so! Thanks for responding so quickly.

Can't Craft Forged Steel

Playing Single Player \ Starvation Mod.

I've posted this in a couple places, so sorry for SPAM fo some of you. Just can't seem to find the right place to post. If any could direct me if this is not the right place.

I've seen posts all about this but none has exactly described my issue. First, I have all the skills. Second, I have a crucible. Third, i have all the ingredients. The forge does not have Forged Steel in it's recipe list. If I search Forged Steel, it shows up but grayed out. The recipe for forged steel in the list of 3 are as follows. Scrap Steel+Clay, Steel + Clay +Coal, and Iron + Clay + Coal. The coal in my inventory never registers. I don't have a recipe in the list that is just Iron + Clay.

Any help would be much appreciated. Without steel, no sense in playing.

Playing Single Player \ Starvation Mod.

I've posted this in a couple places, so sorry for SPAM fo some of you. Just can't seem to find the right place to post. If any could direct me if this is not the right place.

I've seen posts all about this but none has exactly described my issue. First, I have all the skills. Second, I have a crucible. Third, i have all the ingredients. The forge does not have Forged Steel in it's recipe list. If I search Forged Steel, it shows up but grayed out. The recipe for forged steel in the list of 3 are as follows. Scrap Steel+Clay, Steel + Clay +Coal, and Iron + Clay + Coal. The coal in my inventory never registers. I don't have a recipe in the list that is just Iron + Clay.

Any help would be much appreciated. Without steel, no sense in playing.

Did you make the bigger forge? There is a bigger forge that does steel, copper, zinc, and a few others things. You learn steel as a skill like vanilla and then you need the bigger forge. I hope this helps.

Did you make the bigger forge? There is a bigger forge that does steel, copper, zinc, and a few others things. You learn steel as a skill like vanilla and then you need the bigger forge. I hope this helps.

I've played on PVE/PVE servers with Starvation that don't require the "Bigger Forge" to craft forged steel. Is this a requirement for single Player mode?

I've played on PVE/PVE servers with Starvation that don't require the "Bigger Forge" to craft forged steel. Is this a requirement for single Player mode?

I play a single player game of mine to experiment in creative mode, but I mainly play on a PVP server. So you need the bigger forge for both single player and multiplayer. Maybe that server you play on was modded or maybe that was an older version of the mod. I am new to the mod so I cannot speak to how the mod was in pervious versions. Create a single player creative mode game and mess around with it.

Thanks a lot.

Any one able to identify what is the issue? My Radio Towers are not calling in any survivors. Been like this for over 5 ingame days. I have 2 radio towers!

Inside my base: https://i.imgur.com/OGUqgz6.jpg

Outside my base: https://i.imgur.com/D79nY2r.jpg

Please note, i've built over a POI that already had survivors inside, will this conflict with anything?

Thanks a lot.

Any one able to identify what is the issue? My Radio Towers are not calling in any survivors. Been like this for over 5 ingame days. I have 2 radio towers!

Inside my base: https://i.imgur.com/OGUqgz6.jpg

Outside my base: https://i.imgur.com/D79nY2r.jpg

Please note, i've built over a POI that already had survivors inside, will this conflict with anything?

If it's not blinking, it does not have enough power.

If it's not blinking, it does not have enough power.

Yeah, take a look at the top of the tower and see if it lights up. In the youtube videos I see there is a bright beacon like light that comes on and off. Although in my game I don't have a bright white light, there is some light that subtly blinks... You might have to get rather close to see it