The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

*Watches behind him*

*Sees something ducking behind a streetlight*

Hmm..

That wasn't him. That was me. But it's just we live in the same neighborhood....really ;)

The fact you're paranoia doesn't mean you're not being followed [zmile]

• 3 weeks later...
https://7daystodie.com/telltale-update/?fbclid=IwAR1B9PRQq9oLvxI-xGSquI0DIIgeC-prMLtGQHZAxhJ0Lj7ETkCp7gVukF4

Sorry for the long url. Looks like a fight to the death.. telltale vs tfp!

I think what it boils down to; telltale has a death grip on the license of the console version, and they want a big ransom fee from tfp.

Thanks for linking the post :)

I don't understad. What does it mean that TFP have terminated the licence to TTG? Why did they fail to regain control over the console version, if the licence to TTG was terminated?

I don't understad. What does it mean that TFP have terminated the licence to TTG? Why did they fail to regain control over the console version, if the licence to TTG was terminated?

Don't know man. It's probably a lot of legal issues.. could take a long time to solve it. I'm just worried how much time this will take up, which could have been spent on the pc version of the game.

I mean.. 2-3 years ago tfp said the console version of the game would not take up pc-development resources. Don't think that still apllies.

Don't know man. It's probably a lot of legal issues.. could take a long time to solve it. I'm just worried how much time this will take up, which could have been spent on the pc version of the game.

I mean.. 2-3 years ago tfp said the console version of the game would not take up pc-development resources. Don't think that still apllies.

Because all the lawyers are ripped from the game production process??

Cheers

... Probably a last ditch effort to make a pretty penny off the series. I play on pc but started on ps4 and know people who still play it there.

Yeah there has to be something of value in it for those left at TellTale.

It's likely the owners are wanting some money back as they are now out potential income.

They had to buy some rights to 7DTD to create the console version.

[Though it may also not be TellTale at all, it could be the government who's dealing with the bankruptcy wanting to sell off any assets.]

TFP will likely get the rights back, since TellTale can't really declare bankruptcy AND hold on to assets like that.

It's going to be a matter for the courts to decide how much TFP pays for those rights and the money will likely go to TellTale's creditors who are still owed money.

Unfortunately this can take time.

What TFP need to do is make a case that the product is time-sensitive [which it is] and push for an earlier court date.

This is just a guess.... it's also 3:20 am and I'm not all there atm.

I'll root through my law book in the morning and see if I can't find something helpful.

Means Telltale can no longer publish 7 Days to Die on Console.

But Telltale has IP in the game too likely, specifically the PORT itself which doesn't seem to belong to TFP. So TFP can re-port everything from scratch and publish. But that's a lot more effort than getting the current ported code and continuing. There are probably also some connected account management pieces, that Telltale has with Sony/Microsoft as part of publishing the game there. TFP can't just go to Sony/Microsoft and claim they now will take over existing Telltale setup, as that still belongs to Telltale.

My guess, the termination clause did not cover all developed console IP transferring to TFP, and Telltale wants (more) money for this before handing it over to TFP. Which is reasonable from their perspective, they have to answer to their shareholders as to all of value they have.

Still a mess, and bad news for console players. I'm sure something will be negotiated, spending years in court and millions in court fees benefit noone.

Yeah I guess those self-operating lawyers just sprung into action when this happened, they didn't need a job from TFP. Handy!

To be fair I don't think Faatal, Prime & Kinyajuu will be too involved in this, the testers won't be involved with this. The work will be ongoing while Richard and probably to a lesser extent Joel worry about the legal side. Why must you always assume that all hell has broken loose?

Sure, it's not a good position to be in for the console game but I see no reason why A17 can't continue development as usual. I can only think that spreading your negative thoughts brings you actual pleasure.

Yeah I guess those self-operating lawyers just sprung into action when this happened, they didn't need a job from TFP. Handy!

Yeh yeh...all the programmers and artists stopped and went on a journey hiring lawyers. I think not only the development of a17 came to a full stop but we need to get worrying about the end of the world because of telltale.

so yeh....

Cheers

To be fair I don't think Faatal, Prime & Kinyajuu will be too involved in this, the testers won't be involved with this. The work will be ongoing while Richard and probably to a lesser extent Joel worry about the legal side. Why must you always assume that all hell has broken loose?

Sure, it's not a good position to be in for the console game but I see no reason why A17 can't continue development as usual. I can only think that spreading your negative thoughts brings you actual pleasure.

We can talk about what pleasures me, and how I spread my pleasure, but this is a public forum..

So, not got an answer, huh? I guess I was right.

Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted an answer? The only question I've seen in your post was why I always assume all hell has broken loose. I don't. There's your answer.

I'm just bringing up that I think that the whole development/release of the console version of the game did indeed have an effect on the development of the PC version. Minor? Yes. Non-at-all? Don't think so. All hell has broken loose/end of the world? Hardly.

Don't think so black and white man.

Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted an answer? The only question I've seen in your post was why I always assume all hell has broken loose. I don't. There's your answer.

I'm just bringing up that I think that the whole development/release of the console version of the game did indeed have an effect on the development of the PC version. Minor? Yes. Non-at-all? Don't think so. All hell has broken loose/end of the world? Hardly.

Don't think so black and white man.

When so many of your posts are snarky and sarcastic you can't blame people for reading them that way even when it's not intended as such :)

Edit: Actually, having just eaten lunch, I think I may have just been hangry... apologies if I overreacted.

Still no release for this update...you are doing it wrong. You could release it in experimental then fix with updates like for a16. It's been more than a year, do you want to wait more and more so people get more tired to wait? You are not making people happy this way but the opposite.

Obviously i Will play the a17 since it is my favourite game but i won't be happy because once i've played a17 for a lot i know that i have to wait another year to play a18.

When so many of your posts are snarky and sarcastic you can't blame people for reading them that way even when it's not intended as such :)

Edit: Actually, having just eaten lunch, I think I may have just been hangry... apologies if I overreacted.

No worries man. Everyone is different.

Archived