Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Would be great to not see an Army camp in almost every town/city on RWG. Also a fire station in each town/city would be realistic and maybe a police station every town/city or every other town city.

People see the hog and go yay

I see the hog and go lag (holding out that yall fix the lag that bikes and future vehicles generate)

Well, we don't know how it will play with the new vehicles. Joel said that they will redo world physics if I'm correct, so maybe that will deal with some of the problems that are currently present. I'm kinda neutral on the vehicles for now though. I surely want more vehicles in the final game, but I think it would be much better if they focused more on more stuff to do in game like NPCs and interaction with them etc. Do you remember how much more fun the game was when they implemented minibikes? It felt like a whole new game and I wish they could make it feel all new again with new cool features. Sure more vehicles is always cool, but that's already in game in form of minibikes and if they could spend this time on companions, factions, NPCs instead of more vehicles, I'm pretty sure we could get solid foundation for all of these new features in Alpha 17, but I guess there are still other things they need to do before moving on to that part of development. For example, sure they could add a "courier" NPC, but there's still a bug related to world physics that would most likely make him disappear forever underground just like our minibikes, so yeah... lol

Coma Esta Bitches

I would like to see an option where either or (RWG or Navezgene) gives you an option to take out mining...and have random natural caves placed and increase the zombie horde numbers.

More game options the better. Make 7DTD have the best of all games ...a give and take for options, so you can tweak the playstyle.

Would be awesome to change servers only to find that digging down to bedrock is not possible...and the horde size has tripled...then back to vanilla then back to a nodded server

Best of all worlds.

Regards

OUCH

COUGHS * more videos* COUGHS

Coma Esta Bitches

I would like to see an option where either or (RWG or Navezgene) gives you an option to take out mining...and have random natural caves placed and increase the zombie horde numbers.

More game options the better. Make 7DTD have the best of all games ...a give and take for options, so you can tweak the playstyle.

Would be awesome to change servers only to find that digging down to bedrock is not possible...and the horde size has tripled...then back to vanilla then back to a nodded server

Best of all worlds.

Regards

OUCH

COUGHS * more videos* COUGHS

Cَmo estلis*

If NPC related quests were in the KS then it probably will be in the static map at least.

Maybe a RNG map for NPC quests is possible. Have some sectioning of every map (if the player wants quests) in several patterns even, so each section can have all the buildings needed for that areas quests.

Certainly every trader can have an independent set of quests that don't deal with factions. Traders just want to make money and want more people in their area for the most part.

A DLC would be fine by me. More money = more content. Paradox games uses that formula and it works well enough.

@Ouch Quit It

Its a blur memory, but I remember MM or Roland said that environment of the game will stay fully destructable. Ouch.

Not if i mod all my building blocks with Mbedrock material.

That leads a question is bedrock destructable or is the hardness so high that it just seems that way.

Damn, looking at the stuff in this thread I feel the hype train for A17 already. It's looking really nice.

Especially the total overhaul of the vehicle system will bring the game forward a LOT!

I hope the devs also get to some not-so-exciting tasks, like infrastructure improvements, technical debt, etc.

Not if i mod all my building blocks with Mbedrock material.

That leads a question is bedrock destructable or is the hardness so high that it just seems that way.

I remember many sensible arguments FOR this option in vanilla. Honestly I am curious of how gameplay will change, imagine PvP. This is why game is awesome, modding gives us few extra game universes that we can have fun with.

And it gets better and better

Lol wtf...

He strikes again 😱 My posts are gone and I've said things that I haven't said...

Damn that alter ego of his.. T____T"

Gripe all you want but Roland has actually been very lenient in his mods. I read all those posts you are mad about disappearing and they were all page long gripe sessions about other players, the forum mods, and/or TFP. Then maybe one line with a legitimate question. If I were a moderator I'd probably have gotten sick of it all and just banned you by this point. Just for the peace and quiet until the next "gate" hits the forums.

Of course I probably would have banned myself at the end of the last craft-gate frenzy so I'm glad he is as forgiving as he is.

Lol it was light hearted humour.

Chill the ♥♥♥♥ out mate.

On a more serious note though, censorship is a dangerous thing, denying yourself and others the right to read something and being offended on their behalf, really does smell like 1984..

Your post's are in offtopic.

Your unconstructive criticism has to share space with 724hptpa game development chatter.

If everyone on the team agrees we will let you in on early build if your hardware can handle it.

If NPC related quests were in the KS then it probably will be in the static map at least.

Maybe a RNG map for NPC quests is possible. Have some sectioning of every map (if the player wants quests) in several patterns even, so each section can have all the buildings needed for that areas quests.

Certainly every trader can have an independent set of quests that don't deal with factions. Traders just want to make money and want more people in their area for the most part.

A DLC would be fine by me. More money = more content. Paradox games uses that formula and it works well enough.

Yeah until Paradox decided to increase the price of ~10 year old games in certain parts of the world ('to compensate for buying power'). The backlash from that made them rethink their DLC-pricing policy I guess. Still one of the best game developers out there though.

Archived