Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Be careful what you wish for, my friend.

Still better tho than new faster vehicles on maps as small as these. 10 km radius, I always reach the border quite fast, and once I have a minibike the whole map is explored very quickly. Not to mention Navezgane which doesnt even need exploring at all and the parts that are relatively new are still super fast to explore since Navezgane is even smaller than the random gen maps. I wish they'd have at least twice the radius, or would offer me a radius setting on server startup. I'd actually like to try out a 1km radius sometime to see how far you can get with the little structures and looting available in such a small area. But I'd also love to try a 50km radius where I basically never run out of areas to explore.

Still better tho than new faster vehicles on maps as small as these. 10 km radius, I always reach the border quite fast, and once I have a minibike the whole map is explored very quickly. Not to mention Navezgane which doesnt even need exploring at all and the parts that are relatively new are still super fast to explore since Navezgane is even smaller than the random gen maps. I wish they'd have at least twice the radius, or would offer me a radius setting on server startup. I'd actually like to try out a 1km radius sometime to see how far you can get with the little structures and looting available in such a small area. But I'd also love to try a 50km radius where I basically never run out of areas to explore.

The problem with making the map bigger has been that there is a bug where, if you go to far from the center of the map, you can start getting lag. That is supposedly fixed in A17. At least, I think I remember someone mentioning it is fixed. If so, this should be easier to implement in the future.

i will say this Admining isn't for everyone. my group did it and we actually had a lot of fun with it hunting down eastern globe hackers. (you all know what i'm talking about). until we banned the entire eastern hemisphere, then we went from hackers\griefers every day, to maybe once a week. and even then it was just dupers and whatnot nothing too serious. but the key to good admining is setting a bar for when and what admin services are needed for. kind of a value system. (was at least 5 hours of game play lost?) if we saw a fight happen in chat and you killed the other person at least once. that other person isn't hacking i promise lol.

other then all that you were on your own. it allowed the admins to actually play and enjoy the game by prioritizing what we admined for.

I admin a server. When I reset it, I usually jump right on and get an honest in-game week with a couple of friends, straight from 7:00 on day 1 through the end of horde night, before I will do any admin chores. My friends aren't on all the time like me, so by the time they come back to the game, our base is practically impenetrable and I'm at Superman level, while they are still at a relatively low level with no good equipment. At that point, I'm essentially taking care of them. We get hounded because my gamestage is high, and I end up playing the role of protector. I've provided them with a safe place to rest and give all of them armor and weapons they need. It becomes less fun at this point, so I start going off to do my own thing. When I really want to have fun in the game, I jump on somebody else's server.

Boats and fishing have been replaced by red enemy hp bar and the a17 countdown process bar(also red).

Starting to wonder if all new features are related to a bar...

Bandits will be replaced with ...

The-Bar-Interior-Cocktails-1.ashx?mw=952

Well a ghost bar for a zombie game wouldn't be that off... but I think I'll skip that bar, redrum.

Edit: Oops wrong bar. Mistook that one for the one in The Shining.

honestly ghosts would be a cool addition to the game, like maybe only certain things can affect them.... and maybe they can only affect certain things, but otherwise float around. Could be like a ghost busters game in the making

It was a poop joke.

honestly ghosts would be a cool addition to the game, like maybe only certain things can affect them.... and maybe they can only affect certain things, but otherwise float around. Could be like a ghost busters game in the making

they only move when u turn ur back :smile-new:

i will say this Admining isn't for everyone. my group did it and we actually had a lot of fun with it hunting down eastern globe hackers. (you all know what i'm talking about). until we banned the entire eastern hemisphere, then we went from hackers\griefers every day, to maybe once a week. and even then it was just dupers and whatnot nothing too serious. but the key to good admining is setting a bar for when and what admin services are needed for. kind of a value system. (was at least 5 hours of game play lost?) if we saw a fight happen in chat and you killed the other person at least once. that other person isn't hacking i promise lol.

other then all that you were on your own. it allowed the admins to actually play and enjoy the game by prioritizing what we admined for.

Yeah, I have learned I need to set boundries for myself if I ever become an admin again. I had a solid 2 weeks on the server and made a massive, awesome cabin that was almost complete when the server owner made me admin. My biggest mistake was that one time I decided to cut some corners and create a bunch of repair kits with my god-like powers to keep my auger going... Not an hour later I felt like I cheated myself and took all of the challenge out of the game. I lost interest that night and abandoned the server. It's funny how something so small can ninja kick you in the brain stem and completely change the way you look at something. I was never a big gamer in the past so I didn't really know any better... Lesson learned. I still feel bad for abandoning the server owner though lol.

So, what are the chances of another A17 video coming out this weekend...? I vote Joel starts doing some Let's Play videos in A17 testing. If experimental is not going to be available for a while, it would be the next best thing, right? Thoughts?!?!

I think it would help spice up some of the discussions in here and just generate more hype in general... Give us our fix and help us scratch that illusive itch we are having a hard time reaching!

So, what are the chances of another A17 video coming out this weekend...? I vote Joel starts doing some Let's Play videos in A17 testing. If experimental is not going to be available for a while, it would be the next best thing, right? Thoughts?!?!

I think it would help spice up some of the discussions in here and just generate more hype in general... Give us our fix and help us scratch that illusive itch we are having a hard time reaching!

A17 isn't ready for let's plays. It is ready for showing isolated features that are far enough along to be shown. But there are too many things not hooked up or under construction to be able to do a proper playthrough. When Joel starts doing let's plays it will be because the features are in and hooked up and they are fine tuning things in preparation for experimental release.

A17 is not there yet.

A17 isn't ready for let's plays. It is ready for showing isolated features that are far enough along to be shown. But there are too many things not hooked up or under construction to be able to do a proper playthrough. When Joel starts doing let's plays it will be because the features are in and hooked up and they are fine tuning things in preparation for experimental release.

A17 is not there yet.

Roger that, sir - makes sense... Definitely looking forward to that time when it's all patched together and ready to be shown off.

Archived