Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

BTW, i gather i've missed some news about opening maps in vehicles and such that came from... ..streamers??...

Can someone give me a link or point me in the right direction, please?

(or was this a joke i didn't get? :))

Someone had asked the question and Gazz (or maybe fataal) said that the problem was fixed. I don't think anything specific was mentioned as far as it being possible for all vehicles under all circumstances, though. Pulling up the map while flying a gyrocopter might be a bad idea, for instance, but not so much in a jeep. :p

Someone had asked the question and Gazz (or maybe fataal) said that the problem was fixed. I don't think anything specific was mentioned as far as it being possible for all vehicles under all circumstances, though. Pulling up the map while flying a gyrocopter might be a bad idea, for instance, but not so much in a jeep. :p

I was thinking a quick and large exploration of the map, looking for key POIs. A Jeep would be the perfect tool, but I will bet money getting a jeep will be a serious deal.

Hmm, a noble idea. I have always wanted a leader board. This would give some Youtuber's some "street cred" if they were in the top 100 or top 10 definitely.

-Zombie kills should be important and that would silence the call for any crazy stuff for the underground folks (I do want some good threats down under though)

-Maybe number of POI's explored and extra points for clearing larger POI's

Any other ideas before Roland makes it a new thread? :)

I use one for my server when it's up (it is not right now), but I always forgot to reset the database when starting a new server. =)

BCM has one built in I believe.

(I know, you didn't actually want answers, but hey...)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, someone asked a slew of questions on behalf of his streamer follower people thingies, and Roland said something like "well your questions are always getting ignored, so here's an answer", and one of those answers talked about map view from a vehicle.

Keep up Mah, geesh. I can't be expected to do ALL of the work around here. ;-)

Nope, someone asked a slew of questions on behalf of his streamer follower people thingies, and Roland said something like "well your questions are always getting ignored, so here's an answer", and one of those answers talked about map view from a vehicle.

Keep up Mah, geesh. I can't be expected to do ALL of the work around here. ;-)

I was almost close. In my defense I at least sounded unsure. :p

*yawn*

I just woke up from the three day weekend. Here’s what I see:

People claim they want Madmole to post speculatively like he used to but they still show that they can’t handle it whenever he does.

Madmole broke his rule and showed the copter and speculates it might not make A17. Madmole also speculates that we may be at beta by time A17 releases.

Forum erupts with people upset over what it all means.

Yea I am just waiting for it to pass. Need something to distract people.

Maybe.....

Had someone tell me long time ago if you wanted to change the conversation to talk about Boobys.

Opening maps while in vehicles is listed officially on the first post. If you have questions about whether something is in A17 or not then please check there first and if it is listed then it is and if it isn’t then it’s not.

Content lock for A17, cofirmed? :)

*yawn*

I just woke up from the three day weekend. Here’s what I see:

People claim they want Madmole to post speculatively like he used to but they still show that they can’t handle it whenever he does.

Madmole broke his rule and showed the copter and speculates it might not make A17. Madmole also speculates that we may be at beta by time A17 releases.

Forum erupts with people upset over what it all means.

You mean the very vocal minority did... Folks like me who have been here since the beginning got a good laugh about the gyrocopter and Madmole's beta prediction.

The more Madmole posts the better. Although I am still waiting to see functional raiders. Checking the first page, looks like bandits are scrapped for A17?

I have one for Pacco in the medieval mod I've been working on. So it's doable, it's just a question of how easy it is to do. :)

For that texture, you'd need to dynamically create the texture, the normal map, the specular map, the occlusion map, the ... etc, well you get the idea, on the fly, to allow for it to be something like an xml edit. Unless you went the 1x3 sign route, but that would look horrible.

Cant you just make a generic cross and be able to write on it like the signs in game?

MTFGA

I have one for Pacco in the medieval mod I've been working on. So it's doable, it's just a question of how easy it is to do. :)

For that texture, you'd need to dynamically create the texture, the normal map, the specular map, the occlusion map, the ... etc, well you get the idea, on the fly, to allow for it to be something like an xml edit. Unless you went the 1x3 sign route, but that would look horrible.

Cant you just make a generic cross and be able to write on it like the signs in game?

MTFGA

I think it would look horrible (see my last sentence). Just my thoughts.

I am always right though, even when I'm wrong, so there's that. =)

Great minds think alike....however Morons tend to agree with one another.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it would look horrible (see my last sentence). Just my thoughts.

Make an ALPHA on crosses and if they look good ..go right to BETA

Archived