Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

All for no purpose

Edit: Sorry there is one purpose. To stare at that early 80's graphical mess.

Damn, talking about a shallow mind..

Ps. If you attack other games about their graphical quality, perhaps it would be best to keep in mind 7D2D does not have good graphical quality as well.

Pretty nice improvements on the vehicles and stuff. Game is really getting along and feeling closer to release quality than it ever has.

I haven't played in the past months shall I say the last year for differents reasons but I've been following this quite closely all along. It's really the only game I won't play for some time but keep being interested for, that should say a lot about how unique and special it is.

I gotta say i'm pretty excited to finally see news about all the big stuff that is coming, aka Bandits, NPC, new pathing algorithm of zombies. Basically different kinds of threats. Don't get me wrong, all the recent additions are really cool and as a developer myself I can only imagine how much work there goes into it, but it's exactly what I said : the additions are cool stuff. Flying and driving is great but it does only enrich the "sandbox" aspect of the game. What I feel is cruelly lacking and one of the reasons I haven't played in quite some time is because the threats in the game haven't really evolved that much. Sure, we have vultures and different zombies, but as a whole you can just juke & trick them like you could in A10 basically (where I started, not a definite reference point).

I can totally understand why there's been some kind of silence around the ongoing stuff that is a huge beast to tame, but could we maybe get some updates about what's actually in the pipes regarding the "gameplay aspect", even if it doesn't translate to some visual demo ?

I'm sorry but I haven't seen this info anywhere. Do you know where it is?

MM, Roland, Gazz, I have this question: is it possible to get back an empty jar in 17 Alpha when making a craft, when using a recipe, in which a pot of water is used?

The question is a bit different: can I get several items when crafting?

One more thing. Will a separate slot for ash be added to the craft station, which is obtained by burning the tree?

Thank you.

Guest Rassilon

@TFP

Confusion about Beta-Message.

It was discussed (but not cleared if im correct ) that it was meant that A17 is in its Beta state and not that A17 will be the Entering of Beta for the Game itself.

So i just want to ask if you reached the Point of Content-Lock for A17.

Telling us, as you did with A16 showed us that the time of release isnt that far away anymore :)

Damn, talking about a shallow mind..

Ps. If you attack other games about their graphical quality, perhaps it would be best to keep in mind 7D2D does not have good graphical quality as well.

I know, that's the thing, I see lots of people complaining about 7D2D graphics and I think they are great!!! So, apparently I'm not stuck up on graphics. But minecraft.. wow, I can crap on plate and it would be more appealing that. I'd rather play Zork so my eyes don't burn.

I know, that's the thing, I see lots of people complaining about 7D2D graphics and I think they are great!!! So, apparently I'm not stuck up on graphics. But minecraft.. wow, I can crap on plate and it would be more appealing that. I'd rather play Zork so my eyes don't burn.

yepper...

i remember a certain son of mine tried to talk me into playing this game called 7 days to die so i installed it and seen it looked just like minecraft (which i will not play because i didnt like or play with lego blocks as a kid much less as an adult), so i uninstalled it and went back to world of warcraft.

i eventually caved and reinstalled it around a4b6 or so and been playing it since and have enjoyed the graphical improvements.

so basically, if they wouldnt have went with smooth terrain... i most likely wouldnt have stayed around. so i raise both thumbs to graphical improvements the pimps have done. :)

before too many people quote me and twist it around just to argue!!! it is my desire and no way shape or form refers to anyone else nor insinuates anything about anybody's game play! :)

Good graphics are very nice. I believe everyone feels this way...

But graphics in no way trumps awesome gameplay! This is much much more important!!!

Did any of you ever play Vampire: The Mascarade - Bloodlines?

Simply one of the greatest games of all time!

The graphics were tragic, even though it was based on the hl2 engine. But the gameplay is so good (story too) that you don't even notice...

Regarding the safety/ viability of underground bases, i guess the first step to balancing them will be when the Zs are clever enough to follow your route in (breadcrumbs?)

Second would be the introduction of some gameplay hurdles beyond just ‘dig a really deep hole’ - flooding/drainage, suffocation/ventilation with a sprinkle of environmental hazards - gas pockets, water pockets, cave-ins etc

anything like this on its way do we think?

Good graphics are very nice. I believe everyone feels this way...

But graphics in no way trumps awesome gameplay! This is much much more important!!!

Did any of you ever play Vampire: The Mascarade - Bloodlines?

Simply one of the greatest games of all time!

The graphics were tragic, even though it was based on the hl2 engine. But the gameplay is so good (story too) that you don't even notice...

Good Game. I was glad they try to stick with the Whitewolf pen and paper system.

A17 means Alpha 17.

Literally, explicitly, and inyofacely ;)

Parts of it start smelling a bit beta-ish if you will...

I tried, and failed, to express this. Some people get blinded by individual words and miss the real meaning of what was said.

Or maybe missing the forest for the trees. Or missing the pond for the scum. Maybe this is why I have trouble communicating?

I tried, and failed, to express this. Some people get blinded by individual words and miss the real meaning of what was said.

Or maybe missing the forest for the trees. Or missing the pond for the scum. Maybe this is why I have trouble communicating?

or the Helicopter is hovering over their heads but no place to land :)

If you attack other games about their graphical quality, perhaps it would be best to keep in mind 7D2D does not have good graphical quality as well.

I didn't mean to "attack" Minecraft, just pointed out the graphics are off-putting to me and 7 Days does have good graphics for a voxel game.

Regarding the safety/ viability of underground bases, i guess the first step to balancing them will be when the Zs are clever enough to follow your route in (breadcrumbs?)

If a zombie is following you to the entrance of an underground base consealed with a dirt block or such, it will have no idea where you went. Who knows, maybe I flew off in my shiny new Gyrocopter hehe.

If a zombie is following you to the entrance of an underground base consealed with a dirt block or such, it will have no idea where you went. Who knows, maybe I flew off in my shiny new Gyrocopter hehe.

Depends how you imagine the zs work-

if a person was hunting you, the trick with the earth would work or not depending on your ability to hide your work ( from the inside of your hole) vs the hunter’s observational skills, and knowledge of your shovel carrying propensity.

For a z, how stupid are we imagining them/ do they gain any additional characteristics ( enhanced smell/ hunting instincts)- id imagine the average person’s zombie would struggle.

A zombie dog on the other hand, assuming it keeps its normal sense of smell, would be able to pinpoint the location your smell trail disappeared, good luck hiding from a canine nose :p

Maybe zombie dogs should ‘lead’ the homing hords- or *shudder* summon more dogs with a howl...

I'm sorry but I haven't seen this info anywhere. Do you know where it is?

Ow, I think I didn't come up with a clear formulation. I actually meant that i'm looking forward to hearing about the new "gameplay-core" aspects like bandits, NPC, pathing algorithms and so on, not that I was excited about what I heard. Like I said gyrocopters and other vehicles and all the rest that has been shown are cool additions but they don't warrant for enough new challenge / gameplay mechanics to actually make me wanna have another playthrough.

Sorry for getting your hopes up, but we're waiting for the same thing. :D

Archived