Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Most of that stuff is kind of on the radar, but Behemoth and Zip lines are on the cutting room floor.

Outstanding news on the Behemoth, but where do we send our condolences for Roland on the zip lines?

...is there a relief fund? Gofundme?

- - - Updated - - -

Back to work, peace.

Since the ziplines are gone, how about adding a parasail? It could be a 1 time use craftable, and would be a great way to get from skyscraper to the ground or another skyscraper, or a fun way to escape zombies from mountain peaks.

If you could fire from it (like Breath of the Wild) lift could be added by explosives, and you could have extended glide times.

Maybe th behemoth graphic work could be salvaged by downsizing him and repurposing him as an irradiated zombie mutant?

Since the ziplines are gone, how about adding a parasail? It could be a 1 time use craftable, and would be a great way to get from skyscraper to the ground or another skyscraper, or a fun way to escape zombies from mountain peaks.

If you could fire from it (like Breath of the Wild) lift could be added by explosives, and you could have extended glide times.

All i say is

Hay !

Everyone's talking about bikes, behemoths and backpacks while I'm sat here wondering how they propose to solve the chunk-loading issue which has been the main downfall <pun intended> of the current vehicle system.

Sometimes I'm surprised by my own levels of nerdery... nerdism... nerdosity?

I probably made a poor assumption that with the work they're doing on vehicles, they're addressing chunk loading as well. Then again maybe they're just slowing vehicles down so that chunks have more time to load. Who knows. But with a couple of new senior engineers, that's my hope. That they're focusing on nuts and bolts of the game (like chunk loading).

My guess is that there are features, like vehicles, where certain game optimizations absolutely have to happen in order to get the features working even at the Alpha stage of development.

So... Crossing my fingers on this one. I think we've mostly been trained away from questions about chunk loading as the "Probably a beta optimization" answer has long been the default response.

Outstanding news on the Behemoth, but where do we send our condolences for Roland on the zip lines?

...is there a relief fund? Gofundme?

- - - Updated - - -

Back to work, peace.

But... I thought that Madmole was the Behemoth.

I'm actually really disappointed in not getting the behemoth. I was excited to get a big, base wrecking mutant zombie. Given the RP they talked about with the zombie virus being alien in origin it would fit just fine, especially when we already have mutant looking zombies like the wright. Hell, he could've even been remodeled to look more human. That's a big, late game threat just thrown out.

I'm actually really disappointed in not getting the behemoth. I was excited to get a big, base wrecking mutant zombie. Given the RP they talked about with the zombie virus being alien in origin it would fit just fine, especially when we already have mutant looking zombies like the wright. Hell, he could've even been remodeled to look more human. That's a big, late game threat just thrown out.

What are you talking about? Madmole already said that they are working on putting that in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of that stuff is kind of on the radar, but Behemoth and Zip lines are on the cutting room floor.

This.

Since zip-lines are out surely we could sew together a very primitive parachute to jump from building to land safely on the ground. :smile-new:

You could always carry a stack of hay-blocks and throw them around before going up..

Its how I always do it.... saves me a lot of time coming back down.

Archived