Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

IDEA DUMP!!!! Yay (this will prob be ignored)

Bigger Backpacks - Possibly just larger, but I'd rather have a backpack upgrade/perk that increases stack limits. With Upgrade/Perk, Arrows stack to 500, Gas to 2000, etc like that.

Better Storage - Optional (More expensive) chests that function like above. Say We can double/triple/sextuple (lol) stacks in a single stack, Shift Click to pull TO inventory will pull 1 default stack size. EXAMPLE: We have 1000 Arrows in a "Deep Storage Chest", Shift click pulls 250 per shift click

Vehicles - ATV: Simple enough to make an ATV look like it's made from scrap. Recipe TBD. Size could be a 2 Wide x 3 Long x 2 High so it needs a little maneuvering room. Uses more gas than Minibike but also holds more... Say, twice the tank size but 1 tank gets you the same distance. Better Control but slightly slower. Can support 2 Shopping Baskets or maybe an ATV Storage box (loot only, rare) to add a chest to the front of the ATV. Can support a passenger behind the driver. Shooting could be neat but not necessary IMO. Be sure to add a sissyback.

Idea Dump Part 2

Food - Canned/Jarred food: Let us can/Jar stews. This would eliminate the smell, but also eliminate the wellness boost. Only craftable in player inventory. Can be cooked to "Warm Canned/Jarred Whatever" for 75% of the original wellness (but renew the smell value), but will Spoil after a set timer. Spoiled foods give negative wellness, and smell the same or stronger than their original.

Food - Recipes with Canned food:

-Sham and Eggs (same fullness and half the wellness of Bacon & Eggs).

-Chicken/Beef/Lamb Dinner (Canned X + Potato and Corn and Water, Wellness somewhere between Grilled Meat and Meat Stew

-Sham Hash (Sham + Potato + Corn, similar to Bacon and Eggs)

-"Cookable" Canned Foods: It would be great to heat up the basic canned foods. Wellness isn't a must for this, but it would make them more filling and possibly give them Warm Food Buffs (not Pears ofc, but stuff like meat rations and soup we should be able to heat up)

Idea Dump Pt 3 (Last one I promise)

1 Click Crafting - Say I have a ton of cement powder and small stones. Let me go to my cement mixer, craft max my Concrete Mix, and it will craft the necessary Small Stone to Sand, then craft all the components into the Mix.

Customizable Airdrops - Let us set types of airdrops we get from a list of options. Military, Medical, Food, Tools. Maybe we only want Food and Tool drops, or only Military, or everything but Military.

Ok... I think I'm done

Except in real life it is possible to increase the yield of a plant by fertilizing it.

After it has given fruits/seeds? Find a haverstable plant. Look at its yield: 1 whatever. Tile the soil the plant is in and look again: 2 or 3 whatever. Now fertilize that soil and look again: 4 or 5 whatever.

Food - Canned/Jarred food: Let us can/Jar stews. This would eliminate the smell, but also eliminate the wellness boost. Only craftable in player inventory. Can be cooked to "Warm Canned/Jarred Whatever" for 75% of the original wellness (but renew the smell value), but will Spoil after a set timer. Spoiled foods give negative wellness, and smell the same or stronger than their original.

Food - Recipes with Canned food:

-Sham and Eggs (same fullness and half the wellness of Bacon & Eggs).

-Chicken/Beef/Lamb Dinner (Canned X + Potato and Corn and Water, Wellness somewhere between Grilled Meat and Meat Stew

-Sham Hash (Sham + Potato + Corn, similar to Bacon and Eggs)

-"Cookable" Canned Foods: It would be great to heat up the basic canned foods. Wellness isn't a must for this, but it would make them more filling and possibly give them Warm Food Buffs (not Pears ofc, but stuff like meat rations and soup we should be able to heat up)

I'm willing to listen to anyone who uses the word dump and the number two in the same title.

Claim Management

1. Please allow a button, or display on the map, that accurately shows the area under claim as per your player ID. With an eventual look into pvp systems, this might as well be considered now?

I just want to be able to walk around my base, hit the "Show claim" button, and see what areas need more claimblock protection.

Funny. Vehicles is something that I'm not looking towards. I mean, I'll take it gladly, but I was ok with the bike -- then again, mine never fell through the world.

I'd like something to do at higher levels, while I work on bigger bases. Looting isn't fun because the loot is useless, and there just isn't enough (or interesting enough) challenges.

But, most of all, I'd like improved zombie AI. The breadcrumb system looks interesting, but the fact is that I'll take anything that makes the zombies more challenging outside increasing their damage, their hp or their number.

New vehicle system is coming along!

DLaZ17HU8AEGu8o.jpg

Shawn has been working hard on a new vehicle system! All new real physics, no falling through the world, feels so natural now!

Yes the old stuff is gone, RIP. New physics are great, feels like GTA.

Hopefully [bikes can be painted] at some point. Its very easy to mod in other colors.

That sounds amazing! I can't stand the system we have now personally.

The camera stutters like crazy and overall it feels rough. Grant Theft Auto might have crazy physics sometimes but I'm extremely happy to hear that it's all smoothed out. Keep up the good work :thumb:

the fact is that I'll take anything that makes the zombies more challenging outside increasing their damage, their hp or their number.

Glad to have a quiet mode of transport :)

For zombies i'd like something like this:

Regular zombie: No bonuses fairly easy to kill one shot to head or a few to the body.

Military zombie: Armoured bonus so basically a sponge, but if you get 2 head shots his helmet comes off and then one more to finish him off.

Biker Zombie: Randomly starts charging at you even in the day time, need to blow off his legs before you can finish him off.

These things vary the shooting somewhat make it interesting while challenging you to become a better shot and reward you with conserved ammo in the process.

Regarding the bike - it's about time. Great work and great addition btw.

Really need cars in though. I notice MM wrote new vehicles in the plural so im hoping that turns out.

The bike needs to lose the minibike icon and there shouldnt be any sign of fuel or battety anywhere either 😂

When I first saw the bike I got palpatations, but then my rational brain took the pilot's seat.

How downtrodden we are, and how outdated this game is such that we become exasperated when we see rather trivial improvements that you think would have been in the game.

Just shows the position we're in as players that we are so used to getting so little after such horrendous time frames that we get so excited when thrown scraps like starving dogs being thrown a morsel of rotten chicken skin.

Hopefully this will change with the expanded team.

That new physics thing has me intrigued too, and a basket on the front of the pedal bike makes a lot of sense.

But if we get that, minibike storage should be ever so slightly increased.

But seriously MadMole come on! Cars, cars, cars! 😎😎😎

The bikes are amazing in GTA (chopper, BMX, scorcher) hope it comes through! My assumption, probably incorrect, is that bikes may be faster than the early-mid minibikes you get after a couple of weeks ingame and so slow that Z can run and catch up, quite comical. The end result is that a next-to-silent bike takes the tedium out of exploration and hauling back loot plus we could build several for traversing bases and not worry so much about bikes going awol ;)

Now I'm listening to Queen - Bicycle Race :tickled_pink:

Oh, and no more bikes being stuck in 1 block holes?

Regarding the bike - it's about time. Great work and great addition btw.

Really need cars in though. I notice MM wrote new vehicles in the plural so im hoping that turns out.

The bike needs to lose the minibike icon and there shouldnt be any sign of fuel or battety anywhere either

When I first saw the bike I got palpatations, but then my rational brain took the pilot's seat.

How downtrodden we are, and how outdated this game is such that we become exasperated when we see rather trivial improvements that you think would have been in the game.

Just shows the position we're in as players that we are so used to getting so little after such horrendous time frames that we get so excited when thrown scraps like starving dogs being thrown a morsel of rotten chicken skin.

Hopefully this will change with the expanded team.

That new physics thing has me intrigued too, and a basket on the front of the pedal bike makes a lot of sense.

But if we get that, minibike storage should be ever so slightly increased.

But seriously MadMole come on! Cars, cars, cars!

What an interesting reply full of twists and turns of emotion i will be honest there are parts i dont understand or quite follow but i only have one brain and its never rational, not sure about comparing peoples toil and trouble to a meer morsel of rotting chicken flesh i was also slightly suprised by MM post but to compare my feelings to an elated canine isnt how i would describe if my mood was more elevated but eveyones different and thats what makes the world interesting.

So come on MadMole throw us some more putrid out of date remanufactured meat biproducts you know the stuff you and your team call work.

Archived