Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Can I get the ability to adjust terrain block height with a tool, maybe right click on the shovel? Maybe take 1 dirt to do it? If I can't do it live, let me use the reload wheel to pick a set height from several options?

The terrain engine can generate and preserve blocks at multiple heights, collapse a prefab onto the ground to see it make terrain lumpy and the game remember. But when I'm making ground I only get the option on/off. It just frustrates the creative side a little.

When I'm making a garden, I just place wood frames down and pick them up again until the field is flat. I think that answered your problem, I suppose a hoe should do the same thing ,but you only need to do it once.

Resource management at your base

I think, it might be a cool feature, when, in the range of your claim block, all your resources/materials in your storage chests are available for crafting. It would minimize this annoying run from storage to storage, to get the materials for building structures.

I think, it might be a cool feature, when, in the range of your claim block, all your resources/materials in your storage chests are available for crafting. It would minimize this annoying run from storage to storage, to get the materials for building structures.

I feel this different, but a 50m access to your vehicle (not when hunted) would be really cool.

Kind of like how H1Z1 Just Survive does it, you can craft out of your box while in it and it will use the materials in your box first. I could dig that.

We do not have enough diversity in the Zed Category, I.E. Children, Elderly, Clowns, Dwarfs, Dwarf Clowns. I would like to see a little Ballerina girl in a Pink Tutu (Poopy Pants DC), Do we have a Senior Home yet? How about some Elderly Zeds on Walkers, Canes, Wheel Chair dragging behind an Elderly Crawler whose leg got caught in the chair.

Did the Circus come to town? How about some Zed Clowns, nothing scarier than an Insane Posse of Zed Circus Clowns.

Throw in some Dwarf Clowns running with a pack of Zed Chimps & we got one scary horde.

We do not have enough diversity in the Zed Category, I.E. Children, Elderly, Clowns, Dwarfs, Dwarf Clowns. I would like to see a little Ballerina girl in a Pink Tutu (Poopy Pants DC), Do we have a Senior Home yet? How about some Elderly Zeds on Walkers, Canes, Wheel Chair dragging behind an Elderly Crawler whose leg got caught in the chair.

Did the Circus come to town? How about some Zed Clowns, nothing scarier than an Insane Posse of Zed Circus Clowns.

Throw in some Dwarf Clowns running with a pack of Zed Chimps & we got one scary horde.

More zombie variety can not hurt anything but i think they may be done adding them. Hopefully when they finally get Workshop support in people will go crazy and make all sorts of zombies. I can only imagine the types of mods we will see then, look at games like Unturned and Project Zomboid and what those communities have made, as well as Empyrion and Ark. MM had said they wanted to stay away from specific zombie types when I asked him about Firemen and Postal Workers, although apparently Strippers are more common in his neck of the woods then Postal Workers lol

Might be on my list of places to move if so lol

there wont be any official children zombies. MM has said this previously and its been asked many times over the last 4 alphas or more.

Ok a little ballerina girl in a pink tutu are you serious why would you want that enemy type in a game that your going bash the brains in or blow to pieces and i dont want to know what the hell Poopy pants DC is all about , i hope DC does not = downloadable content.

Maybe i am wrong but i think using children for enemies isnt on the agenda considering that the game sometimes parallals with realism.

Ok a little ballerina girl in a pink tutu are you serious why would you want that enemy type in a game that your going bash the brains in or blow to pieces and i dont want to know what the hell Poopy pants DC is all about , i hope DC does not = downloadable content.

Maybe i am wrong but i think using children for enemies isnt on the agenda considering that the game sometimes parallals with realism.

Did I make anyone laugh yet? I thought the word Diversity would give a clue as to the direction of the post. Little Ballerina Zed in a Pink Tutu should have gotten a chuckle & anyone can outrun an Elderly Walker Zed, realy but when I got to little Dwarf Clown Zeds Wobbling after you with a pack of screaming Chimp Zeds then all I can say is, you fell for it. Hope I made someone laugh.

Did I make anyone laugh yet? I thought the word Diversity would give a clue as to the direction of the post. Little Ballerina Zed in a Pink Tutu should have gotten a chuckle & anyone can outrun an Elderly Walker Zed, realy but when I got to little Dwarf Clown Zeds Wobbling after you with a pack of screaming Chimp Zeds then all I can say is, you fell for it. Hope I made someone laugh.

sit down and give the meds time to kick in..... oh heck with... ya got anymore I sure could use some. :)

Yes.. ok i was triggered and i didnt know the crappy nappy club POI.

Maybe i got a no sense of humour and lost total ability to detect sarcasm.

I will be honest i am trying not to kick myself but i am failing like i failed to understand your post.

How DARE you bait me into posting something serious in the Dev Diary! ;)

Can I get the ability to adjust terrain block height with a tool, maybe right click on the shovel? Maybe take 1 dirt to do it? If I can't do it live, let me use the reload wheel to pick a set height from several options?

The terrain engine can generate and preserve blocks at multiple heights, collapse a prefab onto the ground to see it make terrain lumpy and the game remember. But when I'm making ground I only get the option on/off. It just frustrates the creative side a little.

Oh, man, I'd *love*to be able to smooth level transition. I like to make roads sometimes, and it's really ugly to have a "ramp" at the level transition. And sometimes the asphalt I place will take weird levels, but never where I actually need them. :/

Knocked off...AGAIN?

Pray, tell us the story of that time you got knocked off your minibike the first time and it emotionally scarred you so horribly that you would not only uninstall 7dtd but also delete it from your Steam account. Why are you so against such a thing?

Doesn't sound so bad to me...

And then--- what if someone else threatens they will uninstall and delete the game from their Steam account if TFP doesn't implement minibike dislodgement? How ever will the Pimps cope if they're damned if they do and damned if they don't?

lol just make it an option. people that want it can turn it on.

lol just make it an option. people that want it can turn it on.

Not sure if it can be an switchable option?

I think the problem with it is if you go though water at the momment it just teleports you next to the bike which is ok but i personally dont think that will work as well when colliding with other objects fast enough to knock you off .

I am not sure just adding a stun debuff would be enough to feel like you crashed.

Loss of orientation while feeling time has stopped and slowly winding back up again with concussed audible effects maybe realistic and not out of reach of replicating but would players in general want that?

Maybe if bandit roadblocks instead of being blocks or cars buses etc it just a chain wire trap across the width of the road or ground stinger (Spike strip) to tempory imobilise your vehicle and this kind of dismounting off your bike will cause confusion and panic when having to fight bandits with no warning and the first ~20 secs not at 100% player efficiency will be challenging and rewarding if successful turnaround is made.

I am really not sure though?

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that if you exit the bike just before hitting the ground on a long drop, you'll take no damage?

It calculates the distance where you are in air between the bike and the ground, not between where you jumped with the bike to where you land without it. Must be fixed cuz its .. wierd in real life.

It calculates the distance where you are in air between the bike and the ground, not between where you jumped with the bike to where you land without it. Must be fixed cuz its .. wierd in real life.

Makes sense, so it need's a temp fall damage multiplier on a timer when you get off the minibike.

Well, I am not a dev but its how I think it works in such a framework. Its a small thing that is gonna be fixed i think.

compare it with Ark like everyone likes to do with all other aspects and games.... mount your dino and run off a high cliff.... dismount while falling but stay on the saddle and once he hits the ground mount up and motivate with neither of you taking damage.... nice little trick that still works (providing you just time it right and isnt hard to do). remember if you stay mounted your dino takes damage and if you jump off, you will take damage too.

What do you mean, "fixed"? This is how it is supposed to work! It's like being able to tile or fertilize the soil a plant is in before picking it up, to increase its yield, y'know? It's the way it's supposed to be. :)

What do you mean, "fixed"? This is how it is supposed to work! It's like being able to tile or fertilize the soil a plant is in before picking it up, to increase its yield, y'know? It's the way it's supposed to be. :)

Except in real life it is possible to increase the yield of a plant by fertilizing it.

Archived