Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yes, they will innately just attack you. There will be NPCs that are friendly, neutral, and hostile. We call the hostile variety "bandits". Perhaps, we are bandits to them philosophically but then again they are just following AI coded subroutines without any free will to decide to do other than they've been programmed to do so I wouldn't normally waste any philosophical breath on their nonexistent point of view of anything.

I'm an AI racist that way. When's West World starting up again....?

The series was thought to be a "one off" because they didn't think it would be received so well. So now they are trying to make the script interesting for many seasons to come and make sense as well.

Even Antony Hopkins wants to get back in that amazing show. Was the guy shot a robot or human? That could be a running question for years!

Anthony could pull it off by giving one of his looks after saying: "Of course I'm human."

How is this on topic? TFP want A17 to be fun for many years to come and make sense. No word if Anthony Hopkins wants to be a voice actor in the game yet. Yet.

2018. (See, almost identical topics!)

... to move faster in the world ....

This will never happen, use a minbike on singleplayer and add movement speed and have fun falling from the earth because the Pc cant load the world so fast

New vehicles could add instead

* More Defense

* More Transport

* More Seats

* Damage to blocks (if we really need tanks)

Yes, they will innately just attack you. There will be NPCs that are friendly, neutral, and hostile. We call the hostile variety "bandits".

Would they and the zombies/wolves attack each other so if you lead a horde in their direction they would beat each other up. Even better camp near them on horde night !!!:smile-new:

I would like to be able to repair the car to move faster in the world would have found the car parts could the car break for the repaired

The game needs some major optimization before we can get faster vehicles. It already gets messed up if I go too fast on my minibike. Constantly loading new chunks of the world can bog a server down quite a bit. I managed to outrun terrain generation on my server the other night when I was the only one logged in. I can't imagine what it must be like on a full server.

The game needs some major optimization before we can get faster vehicles. It already gets messed up if I go too fast on my minibike. Constantly loading new chunks of the world can bog a server down quite a bit. I managed to outrun terrain generation on my server the other night when I was the only one logged in. I can't imagine what it must be like on a full server.

Thats why i invest around 30 hours of cpu time after a wipe to pregenerate the complete world.

Check the vanilla visitmap command for that :)

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

what we really could need a exploring bot that moves around the map and reveal (prerender) it.

Makes really a difference on a server so far i can say this from experience.

oh lol. Check my previous post :D

Cheers

Thats why i invest around 30 hours of cpu time after a wipe to pregenerate the complete world.

Check the vanilla visitmap command for that :)

I had no idea that existed! Thank you for pointing it out. Do I need to stay logged in as a player while this happens, or will it keep going on its own once I give the command?

Im trying this on my rented server and nothing is happening. Is this for dedi machines only?

drop your console is it showing there and it is a long process pending the size you chose.

mine has been running over an hour and is at 3-4% (thats why he noted he spent 30 hrs in it on his post)

is there a way to set a max value for used CPU power ?

Dont want to anger my serverowner (renting slotwise, not sure if it would be so great for other customers on the same physical server)

No throttle. But i had 14 players on at a given moment while mapspider was crawling. CPU didnt go beserk in any way.

Only prob i encountered after a fair number of hours (i descheduled the restarts for letting mapvisitor doing its job) is that memory gets fuller and fuller cause of the memleaking and no restarts to fix that. You can however do scheduled restarts still, but you will have to let the mapvisitor take off at the point it stopped after the restart.

Cheers

Apple pie in the sky!

/Rubber Tree plants confirmed

So are you saying that there will be rubber in the game now?

If so, what existing items will this be added to?

What new things are we going to be able to make with them?

Will we be able to grow them?

Will they grow wild? If so what biomes?

Archived