Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Ive watched this topic for awhile now and like seeing people from all over this planet add to the subject so that the pimps can see we actually give a sh*t about the game enuff to comment. Some comments are supportive.....some are not. A few ive seen are just down right worthy of a punch in the nutsack and being banned. For the most part, this games community is something i am proud of being a part of.

+1 to Roland for doing what he had to do with one certain person. Also +1 to forum members Like Guppycur and Royal Deluxe as they call it how they see it and havent degenerated into problems that need to be solved but DO bring honest balance by being who they are.

+1 support to quests and factions in game.

+1 to the mountain bike and Hog. (ive had endless trouble with mini-bikes, i grow to despize it)

+1 to housing changes.

+1 to possible official sanctioned Mod support

items thrown around like the Behemoth addition and ziplines? no thanks.....Id prefer the pimps do what they really want to do and stay focused on quality not quantity.

I do like to joke around and I do like to state my piece, but these are the things I know deep down in my blackened heart:

Quests and factions are going to be AWESOME. Prime said from the getgo that those were placeholders and he pinky promised they would get some much needed love. A17? Not sure, but probably. I think he meant to for A16 but then he was put in charge of electricity, which quite frankly is one of the best and well thought out systems IN the game, so I'm extremely optimistic that he'll do Quests right. Vending machines were also his baby, but I never use them so I don't know if they're any good.

Mountain Bike/Hog - The models have been in the game for a while (well, the hog has, unsure about the bike) so it's just a matter of rigging. The minibike was a test, it didn't work out so well, so now that we'll have the new physics we'll get to test it again, and my guess is that the mountain bike and hog won't get in until A18, or maybe a later A17 patch.

Housing changes - The new prefab team is on fire, and I'm quite fond of how they're approaching the buildlings... I know a lot of people don't like the "linear" approach (myself included), but with this being a voxel game, you don't HAVE To take the linear approach, and that's awesome by me.

Mod Support - Every single pimp started off as a modder. Madmole did Skyrim (and was apparently pretty popular in that world), I know Kin and Prime were modders and hell, they even hired AT LEAST TWO modders from these very forums as devs, so modding is in their blood. When you look into the dll code you see all sorts of locked up goodies that will assist modders, so the preparations are made, it's just not yet time to release the beasts. That prefab editor MM showed? It's been in there for a while, more or less, so it's not like they haven't been planning on this the entire time, which to me is awesome and shows their commitment to modding.

Hope this info helps, even if it is anecdotal and based on observation.

Would really love to see items be sorted by type rather than just name.

Also does the rifle perk or pistol perk improve MP5 performance? Not mentioned in perk descriptions.

My favorite weapon is boosted with the rifle perk and the lead dead ones. I don't know how durability or drop rates will be in A17, but non-modded A16 favors the smg in a big way imo.

We desperately need functional cars or that RV or the options for those caravans.

That single piece of concept art is mind blowing compared to what we have now. But vehicles vehicles vehicles! I would love the opportunity to rebuild cars. It would make great use of any of the electronic components, the forge and anvil, the fact we already have batteries and engines, and a functional car would also solve some of the storage issues that people bring up.

A mobile storage unit that you are able to carry enough decent material with would also promote a semi-nomadic lifestyle and encourage people to do something me and my friend rarely do - explore the map.

That isn't to say we don't look around for other towns, but for long haul travel , walking vast distances makes going back to any previous stronghold tedious and quite frankly boring. Since the current car wheels are in great shape, and we can already find car tyres on the road, we have petrol and engines, batteries and electronics, as well as access to forged iron and steel, it seems to me not only are functional cars an option, but reinforced ones.

If cars took damage like minibikes, we could forge upgrades for them - like spiked front mounted defences, or reinforced doors and roofing, perhaps even a roof rack for extended mobile storage - or dare I say it.. a turret xD

Being able to tow a caravan would just be epic too. A nice, but wornout single/double bunk spawn area, with fixed spaces to place up to 2 bedrolls.

I think the gyrocopter is a great idea, albeit ambitious and a bit over the top. I can't fathom a post apocalyptic world where a foot-pedal man-powered helicopter is more believable than using your toolkit and forge, collection of scrapped and salvaged objects and just doing up a car. Cars offer safer travel, some protection, as well as storage.

In my opinion, while gyrocopters are nice, wont they just render blood moons useless? Zombies coming? No probs, hop in Gyro 3000 and just ascend beyond the range of Officer Large Arse and his vile bile bomb, dodge some vultures and you're good.

Bus, truck, car, or RV for mobile base/storage and faster travel would make this game SO much more enjoyable, and really add to that exploration factor.

And when I saw the letters RV, my eyes nearly came out of my skull. ♥♥♥♥, could you imagine it? Being able to rewire the circuitry in an RV found in an old city, filling up the tank, replacing a wheel or two, then having yourself a mobile home until blood moon - that thought makes me foam at the mouth.

I must admit 7 Days feels very dated at present, not only graphically but it seems very limited in its scope. These updates would help a lot and I would even consider buying extra copies and passing them around to friends.

Some more suggestions other than my desperate desire for four wheel transport:

- More weapons and blocks. Perhaps consider having not only kitchen cupboards, but drawers, where we could pick up an old rusted kitchen knife as a weapon.

Wardrobes would also be a nice place to loot ourselves more believable weapons such as baseball bats/ rarer steel bats, hockey sticks etc.

Sharepened broom sticks would also do as makeshift spears.

- Water storage. Maybe consider a 2 x 2 x 4 water storage tank that we can fill using buckets for longer term storage to stop the need for endless trips to the lakes.

- Better fences and/or centered brick walls. This would be like the normal fencing, aesthetic and offer a little protection. It would add to the creative potential of both devs, and players, and make the place look a little more normal. Just like the fences in navezgane that separate houses, just not made from old wood AND metal panels, that looks ridiculous.

- I know it's been said but we really need more animals. Perhaps consider horses in the future, we could ride them and add bags. Also horses could get scared and run, or be butchered and eaten by zombies, or more to the point, us, as soon as our car is fixed up xD

- More food. I know this has already been mentioned and I came across a video showing pork meat and venison? It's nice to have alternative meats for different dishes, it makes the cooking aspect of the game a lot more appealing.

Consider multiplayer, you have people role playing miners for materials, loggers for wood, smithys and crafters of armour and clothes, builders putting up base defences, looters for alt scrap, defenders protecting the base, and of course the cooks that provide drinks and food for the group.

This game has such incredible potential, I would love to see all of the above incorporated, or at least, considered.

I see the bearded Mole lurking about. Maybe he can give this post a glance :p

this is exactly was i was talking about.....i just found this, i totally agree with this idea, we should have the option to rebuild cards and even upgrade them we already have all the materials, has been any response to this idea? :)

Sooner = lots of bugs, less stuff and tonnes of complainers.

Longer = Less bugs more stuff and less complainers.

I see you still have those rose-colored glasses on.

Sooner = tonnes of complainers.

Longer = tonnes of complainers.

:smile-new:

this is exactly was i was talking about.....i just found this, i totally agree with this idea, we should have the option to rebuild cards and even upgrade them we already have all the materials, has been any response to this idea? :)

Yes, essentially the developers have tons of ideas but not enough time to do everything so they need to be selective. With the new physics system new vehicles are in the works but it depends on how much they really get implemented in a reasonable time frame and what problems might surface whether cars will be in the game. A 4x4 is on the developers list for vehicles but not promised.

Since further car models to drive would not add much game play difference I think other cars will then come from modders but not the Pimps directly.

This is my interpretation of recent communications by the Pimps

says me only that you have a very very very overcooked goulash.

"Tells me that you have..."

I'm not kidding when I say I appreciate that you post in English, when I know you struggle... you're getting better every post. :) It's fun watching the journey, and I'm glad to have "met" you.

Joel once said that he would like to see a crew of bandits come roaring up to your base in a 4x4 truck with a mounted gun but that was more of a wish and not a promise of future features. So the answer is that it is still unknown whether bandits and other NPC's will be able to use vehicles.

I would like there to be cause involved in a bandit raid, something more than: "Boss, the survivor gots three chests full of rocks!"

Maybe an initial intimadation encounter and if the player doesn't interfere in bandit business and pays a little "Respect" money, then he will be mostly safe from them, for a period of time anyway. ☺

I would like there to be cause involved in a bandit raid, something more than: "Boss, the survivor gots three chests full of rocks!"

Maybe an initial intimadation encounter and if the player doesn't interfere in bandit business and pays a little "Respect" money, then he will be mostly safe from them, for a period of time anyway. ☺

Heck they might even be willing to protect you, for a generous donation ofc.

Like the Duke over the White river traders. Bandits would have a vested interest in protecting you.

Because while everybody knows taking what you got can feed them for awhile. A forward thinking person knows that they can use your talents to feed them for a long time.

Why should they risk there lives raiding buildings looking for food and other supply's when they can have others do it for them?

The -Protection money- would really be supplies, food, water, ammo eta...

Naturally the bandits would be getting the better part of the deal but if the player chose not to do it. He would have to either face the bandits or move away.

Risk and reward.

I needed only 20 Years to learn that:

* bether is not better than better

* i cant become a cheeseburger instead i get one (with much luck)

* and hatchets are no proper installation to travel from one story to a other.

so maybe there is hope ^^

----------------------------------------------------

lol

Translation of the lower part. Under the picture

abud2uu8a.jpg

"Never heard of her"

if there are really people dont know him

What about having Dukes in its own slot? I feel like money should not take up part of the main inventory. Especially, since you can use it at random times, i.e vending machines. On the flip side, make it to where if you die you drop whatever Dukes you are carrying like you would in the backpack or belted items. Just my thoughts, don't beat me up.

So 7 days doesn't seem to run well on my PC. At the lowest graphics I get at the most 22 FPS. I have a GTX 1050, and 7.19 GB of RAM. Can anyone help?

Better make a Thread with decent title in

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?68-General-Support

and add if you have a DX Diag (maybe this helps)

and paste it in https://pastebin.com/ and post there the link

Archived