Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Personally I enjoy the traders as they are right now, adding more dialog to them would be fun, i especially enjoy trader rekt, when you go into his inventory and then out without buying anything he gets steadily mad, then you have actual trader joel, he is kind and well mannered, the last trader which i dont remember his name since he doesnt spawn that often, i think his name is bob, he is such a softy and a push over, all you guys need to do is add female varients of all the traders to liven that aspect up some more, even if the female voice actor copies the lines, to me it would make it interesting, on another note has there been any discussion of adding other crops into the game, like onions, watermelons, turnips and things like that? @Gazz

I'd love to wear an onion on my belt.

Roland or Joel, tell me please, will can NPCs used minibike, bicicle or hog? When developers shown as hog first time, it was has name Duke's Hog. So, I thinked that NPCs could used vehicles in game )

When did they first reveal the hog where it was called "Duke's Hog"?

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I enjoy the traders as they are right now, adding more dialog to them would be fun, i especially enjoy trader rekt, when you go into his inventory and then out without buying anything he gets steadily mad, then you have actual trader joel, he is kind and well mannered, the last trader which i dont remember his name since he doesnt spawn that often, i think his name is bob, he is such a softy and a push over, all you guys need to do is add female varients of all the traders to liven that aspect up some more, even if the female voice actor copies the lines, to me it would make it interesting, on another note has there been any discussion of adding other crops into the game, like onions, watermelons, turnips and things like that? @Gazz

Fun fact, there is a trader skin called trader Cassandra or something like that in the files of 7dtd.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been modding my xml files to get more animals. I was finding food to be a little too scarce lately. Got tired of living on cat food.

Please do tell how you do this! It would be helpful, although, I don't want like a over the top amount of animals.

Roland or Joel, tell me please, will can NPCs used minibike, bicicle or hog? When developers shown as hog first time, it was has name Duke's Hog. So, I thinked that NPCs could used vehicles in game )

Joel once said that he would like to see a crew of bandits come roaring up to your base in a 4x4 truck with a mounted gun but that was more of a wish and not a promise of future features. So the answer is that it is still unknown whether bandits and other NPC's will be able to use vehicles.

Joel once said that he would like to see a crew of bandits come roaring up to your base in a 4x4 truck with a mounted gun but that was more of a wish and not a promise of future features. So the answer is that it is still unknown whether bandits and other NPC's will be able to use vehicles.

So guys, keep your wishes for Santa. Christmas is coming. This is virtual world here, Santa is wiped.

You see; there's the thing. Rabbits breed like crazy, and we should see many rabbits in appropriate areas.

Any animals breed in their suitable habitat, some sort of traps could be efficient in long term game. Lots of ppl complain that animals` respawn is getting worst with days goes by. Just an idea.

You see; there's the thing. Rabbits breed like crazy, and we should see many rabbits in appropriate areas.

I hate rabbits! Unless they glow and have broken legs, I don't even want to see them. >.< End up feeling like Elmer Fudd chasing those little bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumor is Roland is going to code this into the game.

*snicker*

I hate rabbits! Unless they glow and have broken legs, I don't even want to see them. >.< End up feeling like Elmer Fudd chasing those little bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

*snicker*

your source is wrong, rumor has it that Roland has talked the Pimps into adding zip lines to the airdrop plane that randomly places zip lines around when flying over the city hubs. :) then he will code the bandits after the pimps add the zip line again.

remember the zip lines have to be first so we can escape from the bandits.

your source is wrong, rumor has it that Roland has talked the Pimps into adding zip lines to the airdrop plane that randomly places zip lines around when flying over the city hubs. :) then he will code the bandits after the pimps add the zip line again.

remember the zip lines have to be first so we can escape from the bandits.

pfffft. You just want a post Spiderman Play Day city to wander through .

If that happened. I would thank the bandits for the truck and gun. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

They'll be removed/their collision will be removed when he gets hurt through getting stuck on one!

Yeah I hope so. They don't seem to belong in most places. Maybe if they replaced them with rocks?

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

They'll be removed/their collision will be removed when he gets hurt through getting stuck on one!

I have been modding my xml files to get more animals. I was finding food to be a little too scarce lately. Got tired of living on cat food.

How is that working out for you?

Do you set it up so more animals spawn in in areas that are far away from man made structures?

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

Any rumors about npc raiders and survivalists? They will be add in a17?

Have you seen this: "Trader Bob Compound Concept Art". There is a link on the first page of this forum. But that's all I know.

A small other idea,

can we get a backpack that works like a vehicle ?

Means a Backpack you can "Enter"

That disable your abilitys BUT add Transport slots.

Imagine a Minibike with basket but without Minibike and a Backpack instead of a basket.

With a wallking speed somewhere between Walking and Running. (Or reduce Running speed a bit if both can be still available)

Would be perfect as Startequip/ Easy Craftable by Cloth and tape only

And by the way , I think the idea behind ziplines is that if you have a tower in your base and see a horde you use it to go down there and kick ass, not in a matter to escape from them. Who the hell escapes from the inevitable. Be brave, don`t expect everything that is added in the game to help you survive. Is it ?

*snicker*

20 years ago when my oldest daughter was four, we had a VCR where the tape slot would pop out and you could insert the tape and then press it down into the box. She put a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into it, closed it up, and pressed play.

This is an extremely apt analogy for me coding anything into this game.

20 years ago when my oldest daughter was four, we had a VCR where the tape slot would pop out and you could insert the tape and then press it down into the box. She put a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into it, closed it up, and pressed play.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! You're old... That's what I got from this. Really... Really... Old... QQ :D

lol. I love it. :)

Roland for programmer!!!

Archived