Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Bikes. MM showed us the bike and remarked that the code for the minibike was going to the graveyard. I am guessing that means it will be removed from the game. Please correct me if I am wrong. We will have the bicycle and the bad ass hog; did MM say if there was to be another type of vehicle? Not cars or such, it would have to be two wheels I am guessing. Don't think it will be a unicycle :).

That's just funny. But I want to see leaping zombies at some point. With a 8 block vertical leap. Just one type of zombie that can do it. Just to freak the hell out of you and risk nudging me off my perch. :-p But seeing some zombie come barreling in from the distance on horde night and bound up onto my platform would be pretty freaking scary and cool. lol. I like active zombies as opposed to brute zombies like cops and ferals.

Yeah... if zombies in 7DTD played like zombies in Dying Light... watch out buddy, horde night just went pro.

Bikes. MM showed us the bike and remarked that the code for the minibike was going to the graveyard. I am guessing that means it will be removed from the game. Please correct me if I am wrong. We will have the bicycle and the bad ass hog; did MM say if there was to be another type of vehicle? Not cars or such, it would have to be two wheels I am guessing. Don't think it will be a unicycle :).

i think he was referring to the minibike code itself and not the minibike new physics code taking over (but wouldnt be the first time i was wrong so i will not put my first born up.... you wouldnt want him anyways) :)

i think he was referring to the minibike code itself and not the minibike new physics code taking over (but wouldnt be the first time i was wrong so i will not put my first born up.... you wouldnt want him anyways) :)

I think I will pass on your son, :) raised my two, girl and boy, now have three grandkids, all teenagers oldest thinks he a adult but usually acts like a 6 year old having temper fits. (rolling eyes at teenagers).

It was code that I found when looking for info on what vehicles were being added, the minibike code was going to the graveyard is how I think he said that. Don't know enough to understand if that was the bike being taken out or what.

Can you give some info on what it means to send the code to the graveyard? If it isn't allowed to discuss that's okay, don't get in trouble.

The person who made the remark of --snip--

So what your saying if an idea or feature etc is suggested and someone doesnt like it then it should not be mentioned.

I dont understand the thinking that ideas or opinion without substance are actually regarded and taken into consideration by developers.

I dont like the attitude of a person or a group being silenced on non offensive gameplay topics because others do not like the subject matter.

The talk about digging zombies was about making them viable or non viable in all aspects including gameplay and difficulty.

It was mostly on how they could be countered and performance talk i was hoping it would also extend on how to undermine above ground player structures without all out destroying poi prefabs.

Is what your saying a blanket effect on such discussions and will be the same about bandits and other events that could compromise player structures ?

Maybe i have misunderstood what you have written please explain further.

I think I will pass on your son, raised my two, girl and boy, now have three grandkids, all teenagers oldest thinks he a adult but usually acts like a 6 year old having temper fits.

It was code that I found when looking for info on what vehicles were being added, the minibike code was going to the graveyard is how I think he said that. Don't know enough to understand if that was the bike being taken out or what.

Can you give some info on what it means to send the code to the graveyard? If it isn't allowed to discuss that's okay, don't get in trouble.

bury it... put it to rest... its a dieing code Joel already said in his video about newer physics code being used for bikes

The point is the intention.

All suggestions are welcome. But Suggestions only to offend other players i dont like too.

And the topic of "More Content/Challenges for underground" turns very fast in a "How to harass underground Dweller"

(Think this is Jannas point too)

bury it... put it to rest... its a dieing code Joel already said in his video about newer physics code being used for bikes

From what I recall reading, the Mini Bike itself is still in the game. How the mini bike will behave (physics) will be completely different and much better. Along with the behavior of all the new vehicles TFP is building.

Minibike is still in. The coding for its physics was replaced with new coding. There are these vehicles that have been talked about for the game:

Bicycle (In for A17)

Minibike (In)

Motorcycle (In for A17)

Gyrocopter

4x4 Truck/Dunebuggy

The Gyrocopter has not yet been implemented so it's possible it could still go the way of the Behemoth.

The 4-wheeler is still in concept phase and so it hasn't been finalized what it will be or when it will be implemented. It could be a post gold update for all we know.

The point is the intention.

All suggestions are welcome. But Suggestions only to offend other players i dont like too.

And the topic of "More Content/Challenges for underground" turns very fast in a "How to harass underground Dweller"

(Think this is Jannas point too)

But anyone reasonable in the discussion will quickly disregard opinions and views that all out destruction of underground bases to not be within scope of the topic requirements.

The intention can be altered on any topic and this is my major issue with it.

Is it really the case we stop debating and discussing because some people cant understand scope or limits.

Only ideas with substance that can be strengthened or weakened by debate can be the focus of topic and once all possibilties are exhausted then it is worthwhile data to be assessed.

There are almost 600 free block ids atm. :)

I have 159 more free blocks and Im full. Heavy modders will find a way to fill them up and with new blocks coming it looks like that space will be getting smaller.

Certainly wouldn't hurt creativity for complete world overhauls to have more. The modding possibilities are endless. Especially with SDX and being able to add all sorts of new pieces and textures to build with.

So what your saying if an idea or feature etc is suggested and someone doesnt like it then it should not be mentioned.

I dont understand the thinking that ideas or opinion without substance are actually regarded and taken into consideration by developers.

I dont like the attitude of a person or a group being silenced on non offensive gameplay topics because others do not like the subject matter.

The talk about digging zombies was about making them viable or non viable in all aspects including gameplay and difficulty.

It was mostly on how they could be countered and performance talk i was hoping it would also extend on how to undermine above ground player structures without all out destroying poi prefabs.

Is what your saying a blanket effect on such discussions and will be the same about bandits and other events that could compromise player structures ?

I'm with you on this. I want undergound threats and not JUST in reference to diggers. I want what Roland wants. To be able to game underground and be presented with an entirely new and unique set of challenges. Imagine if the devs incorporated ideas from Subnautica or Stranded Deep and made a water game as well. Can you imagine the hours of replayability to have THREE fully functioning living breathing games with their own threats? Above Ground, Below Ground, Water. Would anyone immediately say they don't want to see any water threats? And if so why would you want to stifle game content in such a way.

WHY anyone would immediately want to limit that type of extension of gameplay is beyond me. Everyone always demands end game content. Perhaps underground living CAN BE end game content as it opens up a new world of horror and threats and survival and tactics.

In the end it is a very substantial and viable idea. When faced with "completely safe way to overcome game challenges" or "present challenging new ideas to push the layer to become even better and introduce new threats" the idea with MORE content will ALWAYS win much to the chagrin of those who wish to play a safe mans game.

Minibike is still in. The coding for its physics was replaced with new coding. There are these vehicles that have been talked about for the game:

Bicycle (In for A17)

Minibike (In)

Motorcycle (In for A17)

Gyrocopter

4x4 Truck/Dunebuggy

The Gyrocopter has not yet been implemented so it's possible it could still go the way of the Behemoth.

The 4-wheeler is still in concept phase and so it hasn't been finalized what it will be or when it will be implemented. It could be a post gold update for all we know.

Please keep the Gyrocopter, if implemented right it would be far from OP and more of a quality of life thing. In real life they have a VERY limited fuel capacity and would only be good for a back and forth trip, like say to a supply drop or trader then back, where as a ground vehicle would be used for looting around a town with multiple stops and lots of extra storage, Gyro would have none. Gyros also have to take off like a plane so no quick escapes, staying in the air during horde night would be impossible (fuel) and when breadcrumbs are implemented; foolish as they would decimate your base anyway(if I understand correctly, if not then disregard this last part).

I'm not expecting it for this alpha, or even the next but please don't ax it. In my opinion it would add a lot more dimension and aliveness to the game, servers where people are on the ground, in the air, fighting in both and the stories they tell. Plus would change up the base design meta a little. :hat:

But anyone reasonable in the discussion will quickly disregard opinions and views that all out destruction of underground bases to not be within scope of the topic requirements.

The intention can be altered on any topic and this is my major issue with it.

Is it really the case we stop debating and discussing because some people cant understand scope or limits.

Only ideas with substance that can be strengthened or weakened by debate can be the focus of topic and once all possibilties are exhausted then it is worthwhile data to be assessed.

To add to your point if the devs had the mindset that they wanted people to live 100 percent safe from zero threats then I am sure they wouldn't have added things like Spider Zombies and 7 Day Blood Moons that turn feral. All evidence points to the team wanting to challenge their players.

I have 159 more free blocks and Im full. Heavy modders will find a way to fill them up and with new blocks coming it looks like that space will be getting smaller.

Certainly wouldn't hurt creativity for complete world overhauls to have more. The modding possibilities are endless. Especially with SDX and being able to add all sorts of new pieces and textures to build with.

Agreed. Vanilla game itself I'd imagine will eventually get squeezed as well for ID's in some of these files. I'm wondering if there's going to be either a breakout. i.e. weapons.xml from items.xml or decoblocks.xml from blocks.xml. Or if there's going to be a way for modded XML's to blend with vanilla XML's where block ID limits aren't involved.

I never fully understood the blockID limitation to begin with.

Can they get more blocks preloaded within hardware limitations and is it as easy as upping min ram requirements even though that could narrow the playerbase.

Any updated news on the block shape selector tool?

Never heard of it does that hotchange the mesh shape of a block.

Interesting to think about if you could do that to and make those values mutable and free up ids where the only difference in blocks is the mesh shape.

But i suppose if the mesh and texture is shared with many other blocks then it wont really decrease mem overhead because that is where the resources are and not in text configs.

But i am more than likely wrong and i am just rambling on again.

Never heard of it does that hotchange the mesh shape of a block.

Interesting to think about if you could do that to and make those values mutable and free up ids where the only difference in blocks is the mesh shape.

But i suppose if the mesh and texture is shared with many other blocks then it wont really decrease mem overhead because that is where the resources are and not in text configs.

But i am more than likely wrong and i am just rambling on again.

It was hinted that this could free up some block id's when it was first mentioned.

Essentially it was craft generic block then select the desired shape upon placement, similar to other games eg. Empyrion.

Texture savings were being addressed via altering/moving away from the atlas system by memory (was a while ago so I could be totally wrong here but I think that was the general gist of it).

Archived