A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

@Clockwork

I am currently loading up a world with your off set deal to the landbase1 and 2 to see what I get as it refers to roads.

@Alphado-

I am also messing with the path widths also :)

I'll letcha both know my findings on both.

Heh I am also testing some handcrafted prefabs so I just figured I'd kill a few birds at a time :)

Alright... I lowered the path size but I need to test it further. It had no effect on the width of the roads in the hubs but it did affect the main roads. While Clocks tweaks didn't seem to affect how my roads built I am leaning more n more towards its a elevation issue be cause I keep seeing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22041[/ATTACH]

This happen and generally the culprit as to stopping my roads but on less of a gradient they form fine.

edit: I am also leaning to it being it a section issue as well as it reaches a certain point lays a section then when it goes to need another point it loses the connection points because it can't find a path to the next point.

TBH IDK :) I haven't even.......

TBH IDK :) I haven't even messed with the path radius for the main roads. Should be interesting to mess with it and see what it affects. Like I said it "seems" to look fuller. I don't know if it actually is yet it was just that it looked like things were filling up better. or it could just have been the few hubs I visited were just randomly filling better. I am going to play around with on and off more.

1 thing does have me curious is if they would take into consideration with pois and based them on socket size if everything would fit nicer if they did.

Okay, I'll mess with it also. I wanna see what'll happen or how much it'll affect. :)

Alright... I lowered the path size but.......

Alright... I lowered the path size but I need to test it further. It had no effect on the width of the roads in the hubs but it did affect the main roads. While Clocks tweaks didn't seem to affect how my roads built I am leaning more n more towards its a elevation issue be cause I keep seeing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22041[/ATTACH]

This happen and generally the culprit as to stopping my roads but on less of a gradient they form fine.

Ah! thanks. I've never thought it works such way. lol XD

Hub road width seems can't be edit, then on now.

edit: I am also leaning to it being it a section issue as well as it reaches a certain point lays a section then when it goes to need another point it loses the connection points because it can't find a path to the next point.

Fair enough. That can be a problem.

5x5? Let me guess. Sleeper spawn nodes to make cities more lively outdoors?

yep .. and biomes in general :)

I have 2 plans.

Make a massive graveyard like biome and a mass graveyard city :)

The biome one seems ok but biomes have a spawn issue as is. Hubs need a sprucing up other than just having biome spawns walk around (imo)

Well my theory for the main roads is partially correct. I do get better path main roads and more of them when I decrease the grade of the mountains but It still for whatever reason just drop out entirely and quit a lot still.

hehe with all these tweaks I have been doing I made my terrain gen modules less costly some more. So something good came out of it :) Probably release a test version when 16.2 goes stable.

yep .. and biomes in general :)

I have 2 plans.

Make a massive graveyard like biome and a mass graveyard city :)

The biome one seems ok but biomes have a spawn issue as is. Hubs need a sprucing up other than just having biome spawns walk around (imo)

I havent visited any cemetary prefabs yet in a16, but if the devs didnt try spawning sleeper in graves...total missed opportunity :p.

I havent visited any cemetary prefabs yet in a16, but if the devs didnt try spawning sleeper in graves...total missed opportunity :p.

Hehe it works really well. Once they fix the biome spawn issue, it really is like a scene out of Night of the living dead and return of the living dead rolled into one :)

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I still get those dead end roads too I dont think you can eliminate them entirely especially with just the terrain gen code cause the roads are a separate hard coded generation I think idk though.

Yeah I think it's a separate system that loosely barrows from the gen itself.

Pic of things to come. Still a lot flatter that yours Clockwork but gave it a touch more character without losing the hub generating system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22048[/ATTACH]

and yep still have full sized mountains xD got to have some :)

Hehe it works really well. Once they fix the biome spawn issue, it really is like a scene out of Night of the living dead and return of the living dead rolled into one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think it's a separate system that loosely barrows from the gen itself.

Pic of things to come. Still a lot flatter that yours Clockwork but gave it a touch more character without losing the hub generating system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22048[/ATTACH]

and yep still have full sized mountains xD got to have some :)

looks good! I love lots of mountains mostly because of how the roads travel on them. Reminds me of BC. I wish we could get water falls in the game where water does not actually drain. Could have a small lake up high draining down a mountain, but lets face it that will never happen.

so i am having trouble when your xmls, my building are high u[ATTACH=CONFIG]22057[/ATTACH]p in ill tops, my city's are high some need latter to get to lol need help to fix plz lol

Yeah, I can't account for all the boo boo's in how wilderness pois get placed (wish i could) nor every seed that gets used. Fortunately or unfortunately random is random, It's an issue with vanilla as well.

I am working on another generator, one that has mountains with a gentler slope to hopefully counter this but I am not going to release it till I run it through the wringer and probably once A16.2 goes stable. Maybe even by then, they (TFP) will have the wilderness poi placement issues sorted out as well *here's for hoping*

So, Srry! :( You're having a difficult time with some of the wilderness poi's getting placed funky But.. rejoice! there's literally 100's of other wilderness poi's scattered across the map. I at the very least add more wilderness poi's (2x) worth more than the vanilla.

So hopefully that makes up for some being hard to get at.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

looks good! I love lots of mountains mostly because of how the roads travel on them. Reminds me of BC. I wish we could get water falls in the game where water does not actually drain. Could have a small lake up high draining down a mountain, but lets face it that will never happen.

I'd love to be able to see waterfalls and have water physics! Bridges! I want bridges as well.. I mean if we're wishing for stuff xD

Im starting a new server later today and I want to use this mod.

There is only one thing that I miss and want back, and that is the rivers/water in vanilla A16.

I asked clockwork about this already but Im running out of time.

I have tried tweaking settings and I have manged to get deeper water and more ponds/small lakes but nothing like the rivers and water in vanilla.

How can I achieve this, what settings must I change?

Im starting a new server later today and I want to use this mod.

There is only one thing that I miss and want back, and that is the rivers/water in vanilla A16.

I asked clockwork about this already but Im running out of time.

I have tried tweaking settings and I have manged to get deeper water and more ponds/small lakes but nothing like the rivers and water in vanilla.

How can I achieve this, what settings must I change?

Kinyajuu labeled his modules that pertain to water. You can try to put his water modules in mine too see if you can get similar results. Or you can use my landbase and mountains and try to in put them in place of what Kinyajuu has done. No matter what you do it's going to change the terrain results and produce something different. Since kinyajuu's has more I would probably try to input my tweaks into his.

one thing i have noticed , the custom pois, some of them are odd...missing floors, a load of random chests were other things should be and inside like stuff is like rotated the wrong way.

That is the result of Mag (the creator of the compo pack) transferring A15 (and earlier) prefabs to A16 and the new block system. He's (?!) already made a few passes to find and clean up all the weird block placements but hasn't got to them all. Last I heard, he's going through them 1 at a time and correcting issues. Said something about he's really close to releasing a new version of the compo pack.

So we just need to wait till that happens so I can Input the new stuff and fixes and put them in the rwgmixer.

Kinyajuu labeled his modules that pertain to water. You can try to put his water modules in mine too see if you can get similar results. Or you can use my landbase and mountains and try to in put them in place of what Kinyajuu has done. No matter what you do it's going to change the terrain results and produce something different. Since kinyajuu's has more I would probably try to input my tweaks into his.

Thanks for your reply, Im not sure I understand what you mean...

Thanks for your reply, Im not sure I understand what you mean...

Basically what I am getting at, is that there's no easy or one way to make the "faux" rivers to happen without a lot of TBE. So the next easiest solution to get them in is to merge parts of my terrain gen with Kinyajuu's terrain gen. The easiest of the two options would be to take my landbase module set and mountains modules set and implant them into Kinyajuu's (Vanilla) terrain modules.

example:

<module name="landBase" type="FastBillow" no_seed="true">
<property name="frequency" value="0.02"/>
</module>
<module name="landT" type="FastTurbulence">
<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase"/>
<property name="power" value="5"/>
<property name="frequency" value="0.025"/>
<property name="roughness" value="8"/>
</module>
<module name="scaleLandBase" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
<property name="sourceModule" value="landT"/>
<property name="scale" value="0.15"/>
<property name="bias" value="0.25"/>
</module>
<module name="land" type="ClampOutput">
<property name="sourceModule" value="scaleLandBase"/>
<property name="bounds" value="0,0.05"/>
</module>

This is a segment of my terrain gen. It has a few modules but they work as a set to make the land.

Kinyajuu Has a similar set of modules in his terrain gen. So basically you would transplant mine into his.

yeah it can get complicated trying to explain everything :playful: at least for me lol

edit: yeah it looks like Alphado-Jaki is pointing you into the right directions :)

Hi mate

i want to report a bug with the enemy spawning.

Here is my game version:

A16.2 Exp.B7

Mods:

Sinks refill with murky water

RWGMixer re-done + CompoPack + Skyhub Addition + More Animals than A16

Blood moon fix

RandomGen - SingleSP - actual Seed: Nice2World

When i´m using the "More Animals" entitygroups.xml i will get no enemy spawning at all.

Not a single Z spawns my world.

Without the more animals mod it´s okay...

I just wanted to report this to you. ^^

Hi mate

i want to report a bug with the enemy spawning.

Here is my game version:

A16.2 Exp.B7

Mods:

Sinks refill with murky water

RWGMixer re-done + CompoPack + Skyhub Addition + More Animals than A16

Blood moon fix

RandomGen - SingleSP - actual Seed: Nice2World

When i´m using the "More Animals" entitygroups.xml i will get no enemy spawning at all.

Not a single Z spawns my world.

Without the more animals mod it´s okay...

I just wanted to report this to you. ^^

I'll check into it but I haven't changed everything for A16.2ex yet xD but I see what the deal is and whats changed about A16.1b1 from A16.2ex

And TY

Pastebin your entitygroups.xml?

Yeah I can't find the change on my end even with it being A16.2ex the entitygroups.xml wasn't touched.

The only files I know A16.2 changed are the buffs and items that I know of so far.

But yeah I would love too see what the file looks like that you tried to use sulikcassidy.

Pastebin doesn´t work for me i need to be a pro user so dropbox instead.

The "More animal" Modded one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5rdwt43fbp2y1h/entitygroups_mod.xml?dl=0

And this here is my regular OEM one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5sifdon39lbo8m/entitygroups.xml?dl=0

I´m only a copy&paste guy all the modding thing is too high for me props for that!

Pastebin doesn´t work for me i need to be a pro user so dropbox instead.

The "More animal" Modded one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5rdwt43fbp2y1h/entitygroups_mod.xml?dl=0

And this here is my regular OEM one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5sifdon39lbo8m/entitygroups.xml?dl=0

I´m only a copy&paste guy all the modding thing is too high for me props for that!

Did you perhaps rename the file and forget to rename it back to its original name? That's all I did. I DLd the file renamed it back to entitygroups.xml from entitygroups_mod.xml and replaced it with what I had and its running fine.

edit: Another thing that is possible is that the initial safe zone kinda works in this file. So if you were testing things out in a relatively small area, you wouldn't see anything except friendly animals, then enemy Animals, then zeds. So once you're spawned in you would need to travel a bit a ways away from your spawn point.

Did you perhaps rename the file and forget to rename it back to its original name? That's all I did. I DLd the file renamed it back to entitygroups.xml from entitygroups_mod.xml and replaced it with what I had and its running fine.

Yes the file had thr right name otherwise the game wouldn´t start. :)

edit: Another thing that is possible is that the initial safe zone kinda works in this file. So if you were testing things out in a relatively small area, you wouldn't see anything except friendly animals, then enemy Animals, then zeds. So once you're spawned in you would need to travel a bit a ways away from your spawn point.

But this could be my problem.

I was is the woods and traveled to a trader outpost in the near then i collected stones and wood and saw the new animal population. :D

Maybe i was not travelling far enough...never thought about that. :-/

Archived