A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

Lol I never even though about the water being a pain but yeah I can imagine I have a tough enough time filling a small hole, I like the sound of the sleepers and gamestages! :)

Eventually I'll make a d/l list of just the prefabs I added. Nothing really big or anything just accent prefabs. Lots of graves that you can scatter around towns n such... some with sleepers <.<. I also made a clay and a nitrate resource nodes... they may.. or may not! they have sleepers (not telling :p). Then the 2 water source poi's.

Really increases the creepy vibe when your walking around and seeing graves here and there in a city/town.

Eventually I'll make a d/l list of just the prefabs I added. Nothing really big or anything just accent prefabs. Lots of graves that you can scatter around towns n such... some with sleepers <.<. I also made a clay and a nitrate resource nodes... they may.. or may not! they have sleepers (not telling :p). Then the 2 water source poi's.

Really increases the creepy vibe when your walking around and seeing graves here and there in a city/town.

lol yeah I like the sound of that I need ways to add sleepers to the city streets and stuff but idk how possible it is, i know you can find bags of trash in the street it would be nice to be able to add sleepers to them or something.

Yeah, all mine are actually on the side of the roads. Now I am going to be thinking if that's possible and if so! what can I make to put in streets that will be legit! to have a sleeper spawn from it. Sleeper blocks can be placed in prefabs that are decorations and still spawn sleepers. ans all the trash n stuff in roads are decorations... so maybe Pot holes with sleepers in them?!?

Oh. Yeah, you can have as many extra prefabs as you want in the prefab folder. The issue comes in when your poi list in the rwgmixer wants to spawn prefabs you don't have in the prefab folder. :)

It's coming soon! just need to get this last prefab done, it's just taking a bit with all the water blocks... and I haven't much experience with building prefabs like those.

Uh, I realize I worded it awkwardly, but that's exactly what I meant. The prefabs xcostum_Utility_Combo(by_LuckyStar) and xcostum_UnionStation(by_BuLLeTZ) are in your mixer, but won't be in the prefab folder for people who install compo pack 27 fresh and don't just copy over the old prefab folder. But I forgot you had included the CP26 prefabs in your download, so all they have to do is copy your prefab folder first.

Yeah, all mine are actually on the side of the roads. Now I am going to be thinking if that's possible and if so! what can I make to put in streets that will be legit! to have a sleeper spawn from it. Sleeper blocks can be placed in prefabs that are decorations and still spawn sleepers. ans all the trash n stuff in roads are decorations... so maybe Pot holes with sleepers in them?!?

How do you add sleepers to the decorations do you have to make them into prefabs, does it have to be done with a prefab editor?

And how can I add those decorations to the cities its not like the biomes xml where I can add blocks to it based off probability since the cities are all done through the rwgmixer and I am thinking I would have to add prefabs but dont know how to add prefabs to the streets specifically.

Uh, I realize I worded it awkwardly, but that's exactly what I meant. The prefabs xcostum_Utility_Combo(by_LuckyStar) and xcostum_UnionStation(by_BuLLeTZ) are in your mixer, but won't be in the prefab folder for people who install compo pack 27 fresh and don't just copy over the old prefab folder. But I forgot you had included the CP26 prefabs in your download, so all they have to do is copy your prefab folder first.

Yep. Should be all good whomever d/l the new compo pack prefab folder :)

How do you add sleepers to the decorations do you have to make them into prefabs, does it have to be done with a prefab editor?

And how can I add those decorations to the cities its not like the biomes xml where I can add blocks to it based off probability since the cities are all done through the rwgmixer and I am thinking I would have to add prefabs but dont know how to add prefabs to the streets specifically.

You just need to add the sleeper blocks to a prefab. Pille and Hals editors. I am kinda cheating in that I am on guppy's prefab server that has that already installed plus StompyNZ api stuff. So I just make the prefab and export it.

edit: you also need to manually add the sleeper volumes to the prefab.xml which you can get an ide from a prefab of a similar size to get the gist of. :)

With the decorations for the roads look at the bottom of your biomes.xml and you'll see the decorations lines for the roads.. But! it'll be for all the roads pretty much.

You just need to add the sleeper blocks to a prefab. Pille and Hals editors. I am kinda cheating in that I am on guppy's prefab server that has that already installed plus StompyNZ api stuff. So I just make the prefab and export it.

edit: you also need to manually add the sleeper volumes to the prefab.xml which you can get an ide from a prefab of a similar size to get the gist of. :)

With the decorations for the roads look at the bottom of your biomes.xml and you'll see the decorations lines for the roads.. But! it'll be for all the roads pretty much.

Ok so could I add a sleeper spawner block that is not a prefab to the roads?

Something like this? Or would that just be a one time sleeper and not an actual spawner?

<poi name="City Asphalt" poimapcolor="#3d3f47" blockname="asphalt">
	<decal texture="0" face="0" prob="0.001"/> <!-- 0 == 500 -->
	<decal texture="1" face="0" prob="0.001"/> <!-- 1 == 501 -->
	<decal texture="2" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="3" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="4" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="5" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="6" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="7" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="8" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="9" face="0" prob="0"/>
	<decal texture="10" face="0" prob="0"/>
	<decal texture="11" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="12" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="13" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="14" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="15" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<blockontop blockname="lootStreetHelper" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
	<blockontop blockname="randomCarsHelper" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="3"/>
	<blockontop blockname="tire" rotatemax="3" prob="0.001"/>
	<blockontop blockname="cinderBlocks01" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="cinderBlocks02" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="cinderBlocks03" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	[color="#FFFF00"]<blockontop blockname="sleeperSit" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperBack" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperSideLeft" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperSideRight" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperStomach" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>[/color]
	<blockontop blockname="rock01" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="rock02" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="rock04"  prob="0.0007"/>
</poi>

Ok so could I add a sleeper spawner block that is not a prefab to the roads?

idk if you can make just that a prefab but I don't see why not really. The only thing is though, even if you place the sleeper block for only 1m the trigger point will only be 1m. so you'll have sleepers just appearing right in front or behind ppl as they walked over it. With how the game gets out of sync at times it would be really frustrating imo. Its best (right now) to make a larger prefab even if its just plain terrain or road section and place the block in the middle and kinda hide it. That way when a person walks in the trigger zone (which can't be bigger than the prefab) the sleeper will spawn in and gives the game time to switch the block out.

- - - Updated - - -

Something like this? Or would that just be a one time sleeper and not an actual spawner?

<poi name="City Asphalt" poimapcolor="#3d3f47" blockname="asphalt">
	<decal texture="0" face="0" prob="0.001"/> <!-- 0 == 500 -->
	<decal texture="1" face="0" prob="0.001"/> <!-- 1 == 501 -->
	<decal texture="2" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="3" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="4" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="5" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="6" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="7" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="8" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="9" face="0" prob="0"/>
	<decal texture="10" face="0" prob="0"/>
	<decal texture="11" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="12" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="13" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="14" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<decal texture="15" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
	<blockontop blockname="lootStreetHelper" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
	<blockontop blockname="randomCarsHelper" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="3"/>
	<blockontop blockname="tire" rotatemax="3" prob="0.001"/>
	<blockontop blockname="cinderBlocks01" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="cinderBlocks02" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="cinderBlocks03" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	[color="#FFFF00"]<blockontop blockname="sleeperSit" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperBack" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperSideLeft" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperSideRight" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="sleeperStomach" rotatemax="3" prob="0.0007"/>[/color]
	<blockontop blockname="rock01" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="rock02" prob="0.0007"/>
	<blockontop blockname="rock04"  prob="0.0007"/>
</poi>

unless the sleepers were actually made into a prefab and given a sleeper volume to spawn from it won't work just place the blocks like that. The block needs a reference which is from the prefab.xml as well.

idk if you can make just that a prefab but I don't see why not really. The only thing is though, even if you place the sleeper block for only 1m the trigger point will only be 1m. so you'll have sleepers just appearing right in front or behind ppl as they walked over it. With how the game gets out of sync at times it would be really frustrating imo. Its best (right now) to make a larger prefab even if its just plain terrain or road section and place the block in the middle and kinda hide it. That way when a person walks in the trigger zone (which can't be bigger than the prefab) the sleeper will spawn in and gives the game time to switch the block out.

well thats a bit disappointing that I dont think can get what I want unfortunately.

Maybe I could make a prefab that is large but sits on top of the road that only consists of a sleeper spawner that looks like a corpse and the rest of the prefab would just be air blocks for activation distance.

well thats a bit disappointing that I dont think can get what I want unfortunately.

Maybe I could make a prefab that is large but sits on top of the road that only consists of a sleeper spawner that looks like a corpse and the rest of the prefab would just be air blocks for activation distance.

Everything is worth a shot imo :)

Compo pack27 has been released Please go to the op for direct link and follow the "special note" near the top of the OP to install. TY!

And please rep Mag for doing the work and others who made the prefabs for your enjoyment. pls and TY.

Should this be fine to just upload to an already running server on your last version, or were there some new changes to the RWGMixer?

Thanks.

Lol yeah I just dont know how to spawn a prefab like a decoration I don't want to make prefabs that take up valuable spawn chance form other prefabs in the rwgmixer.

Let me try something and i'll get back to you....

Should this be fine to just upload to an already running server on your last version, or were there some new changes to the RWGMixer?

Thanks.

You'll want to load another world. Rule of thumb with the rwgmixer restart fresh if anything changed it. In older alphas you could get away with it just adding the new stuff to unexplored regions, but I am told it doesn't work that way anymore.

need advice about new compo prefabs

So, if edit rwgmixer this way, it will be okay ? (downtownGroup,townDowntownGroup)

<prefab name="xcostum_CurlingCenter(by_magoli)" max_count="1" />
<prefab name="xcostum_TheSect_Followers-of-M(by_magoli)" max_count="1" />			
<prefab name="xcostum_UnionStation(by_BuLLeTZ)" max_count="2" />

Delete xcostum_UnionStation and add "fresh" poi's:

<prefab name="xcostum_Hospital(by_Wsiegel)" max_count="1" />
<prefab name="xcostum_seafoodshop(by_Guppycur)" max_count="2" />
<prefab name="xcostum_Hightop(by_Curbolt)" max_count="1" />

ruralDowntownGroup

<prefab name="xcostum_TheEstate(by_Ekk0)" max_count="1" />
<prefab name="xcostum_McDowell_restaurant(by_LazMan)" max_count="1" />

Should i add these prefabs somewhere else ?

So, if edit rwgmixer this way, it will be okay ? (downtownGroup,townDowntownGroup)

<prefab name="xcostum_UnionStation(by_BuLLeTZ)" max_count="2" />

Delete xcostum_UnionStation and add "fresh" poi's:

<prefab name="xcostum_Hospital(by_Wsiegel)" max_count="1" />
<prefab name="xcostum_seafoodshop(by_Guppycur)" max_count="2" />
<prefab name="xcostum_Hightop(by_Curbolt)" max_count="1" />

ruralDowntownGroup

<prefab name="xcostum_TheEstate(by_Ekk0)" max_count="1" />
<prefab name="xcostum_McDowell_restaurant(by_LazMan)" max_count="1" />

Should i add these prefabs somewhere else ?

Yeah you should be fine. It looks like you're just swapping out poi's in the list with the newer ones so you should be good to go :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ah! Looks nice!

I like such complex shape pond. :)

Thanks! Yeah just want some more water sources and was trying my best to give it a natural feel... trying xD

Just going from memory here (made prefabs a year ago last), but if you use Hal's prefab editor, couldn't you make (for example) an "empty" 100x100x1 "box" prefab with the spawner(s) set in the center?

Just going from memory here (made prefabs a year ago last), but if you use Hal's prefab editor, couldn't you make (for example) an "empty" 100x100x1 "box" prefab with the spawner(s) set in the center?

I am still learning all the in's and out's but I think so? The big issue atm is trying to get it to place on the streets themselves. It looks like you need a block reference as well, so you would need to make it a block to have it be places on a street. Also the spawn volume is going to look for a prefab, so somehow you need to tie the block that gets placed as a prefab as well... I think :)

edit: BTW idk if you have tried it yet but how is the terrain gen running for you if you did?

Archived